Total Posts:227|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 27.3: DP1

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:24:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
DIED IN THE NIGHT

XLAV - You are HERMES. You are the messenger-bringer of the gods, patron of travels are herdsman, and a consummate trickster. Because you oversee those traveling to new destinations or tracking down their flock, and because you must track down those to whom you deliver your missives, you are the TRACKER. Each night you may select another player. You will learn who they visit. You win with the town.

LIVING PLAYERS

Number
Khaos
Oro
Debate
Mikal
Ray
YYW
Endark
Lannan
Wylted

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 11:59pm, DDO time, on 7/20/14.


Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:40:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
VOTE COUNT

Mikal (1/6) - YYW
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
numberwang
Posts: 1,917
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 3:49:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Sorry for inactivity, I am on vacation and I jumped with my phone into a pool, so I have no way to post most of the time. I will be really inactive today and tomorrow and I will be good to go on sunday/monday if I make it that long or if my phone recovers.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 3:58:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Seeing who died makes me really want to lynch Mikal also, but maybe that's intentional. Also, debate roleblocked me and if she's town I should be immune to NK's now. I suggest she flips a coin between herself and another volunteer next NP, to avoid being psychoanalyzed and give us another protected person.

Does anyone have any news to help us narrow down a lynch target?
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 6:27:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 3:58:43 AM, Wylted wrote:
Seeing who died makes me really want to lynch Mikal also, but maybe that's intentional. Also, debate roleblocked me and if she's town I should be immune to NK's now. I suggest she flips a coin between herself and another volunteer next NP, to avoid being psychoanalyzed and give us another protected person.

Does anyone have any news to help us narrow down a lynch target?

I thought you were vanilla.
Also, you should only be immune last night.
My work here is, finally, done.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 6:31:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 6:27:38 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/19/2014 3:58:43 AM, Wylted wrote:
Seeing who died makes me really want to lynch Mikal also, but maybe that's intentional. Also, debate roleblocked me and if she's town I should be immune to NK's now. I suggest she flips a coin between herself and another volunteer next NP, to avoid being psychoanalyzed and give us another protected person.

Does anyone have any news to help us narrow down a lynch target?

I thought you were vanilla.
Also, you should only be immune last night.

Let me ask the mod a question and then I'll respond to you when he does to me.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 6:33:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 6:31:48 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/19/2014 6:27:38 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/19/2014 3:58:43 AM, Wylted wrote:
Seeing who died makes me really want to lynch Mikal also, but maybe that's intentional. Also, debate roleblocked me and if she's town I should be immune to NK's now. I suggest she flips a coin between herself and another volunteer next NP, to avoid being psychoanalyzed and give us another protected person.

Does anyone have any news to help us narrow down a lynch target?

I thought you were vanilla.
Also, you should only be immune last night.

Let me ask the mod a question and then I'll respond to you when he does to me.

Why don't you just answer the question, since you've already lied once?
You don't need to ask the mod what your role is.
My work here is, finally, done.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 6:34:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 6:33:07 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/19/2014 6:31:48 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/19/2014 6:27:38 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/19/2014 3:58:43 AM, Wylted wrote:
Seeing who died makes me really want to lynch Mikal also, but maybe that's intentional. Also, debate roleblocked me and if she's town I should be immune to NK's now. I suggest she flips a coin between herself and another volunteer next NP, to avoid being psychoanalyzed and give us another protected person.

Does anyone have any news to help us narrow down a lynch target?

I thought you were vanilla.
Also, you should only be immune last night.

Let me ask the mod a question and then I'll respond to you when he does to me.

Why don't you just answer the question, since you've already lied once?
You don't need to ask the mod what your role is.

I'm not asking what my role is.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 6:34:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 2:29:08 AM, YYW wrote:
VTL MIKAL
nac

Why?
I thought you were all about his towniness.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 6:39:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 6:35:49 AM, Wylted wrote:
I think I may have assumed something about game mechanics, and assumed wrong.

First, there is something that you assumed wrong. I can tell you that.
But, that is irrelevant.

Are you or are you not a vanilla?
My work here is, finally, done.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 6:40:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 6:39:58 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/19/2014 6:35:49 AM, Wylted wrote:
I think I may have assumed something about game mechanics, and assumed wrong.

First, there is something that you assumed wrong. I can tell you that.
But, that is irrelevant.

Are you or are you not a vanilla?

I'm vanilla.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 9:35:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Mikal, we need to sort through this madness.
Please, explain how you know (and later say you assume) that doc and investigative roles will fail. What town role could that be?
Also explain your assumption of there being a small mafia. The only way you could assume this is if you knew there was a TP, and the only way you could know this is if you are TP. You've proven you cannot be trusted, so why keep you alive?
Lastly, explain why Wylted was CC'd, and you didn't follow through. Your reasoning was stupid, and mod even confirmed your premise was false, and Wylted confirmed being roleblocked, so we know she is half telling the truth, right?

VTL Mikal until you sufficiently address my concerns

Wylted, if you are vanilla, and, not on any NK list, why did you want to be protected? I see mafia motivation for this, not town.
Assume Wylted is mafia and has a passive role, or just wanted to not use it, being roleblocked allows him to still conduct the NK, while casting blame on Debate if he is seen.
He already lied about his role/character, why not lie about being vanilla?
My work here is, finally, done.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 9:56:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 9:35:41 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Mikal, we need to sort through this madness.
Please, explain how you know (and later say you assume) that doc and investigative roles will fail. What town role could that be?
Also explain your assumption of there being a small mafia. The only way you could assume this is if you knew there was a TP, and the only way you could know this is if you are TP. You've proven you cannot be trusted, so why keep you alive?
Lastly, explain why Wylted was CC'd, and you didn't follow through. Your reasoning was stupid, and mod even confirmed your premise was false, and Wylted confirmed being roleblocked, so we know she is half telling the truth, right?

VTL Mikal until you sufficiently address my concerns

Wylted, if you are vanilla, and, not on any NK list, why did you want to be protected? I see mafia motivation for this, not town.
Assume Wylted is mafia and has a passive role, or just wanted to not use it, being roleblocked allows him to still conduct the NK, while casting blame on Debate if he is seen.
He already lied about his role/character, why not lie about being vanilla?

I assumed being vanilla a roleblock would be harmless. It's the only safe roleblock/protect available. Otherwise we risk blocking an important role.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 10:05:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 9:56:55 AM, Wylted wrote:

I assumed being vanilla a roleblock would be harmless. It's the only safe roleblock/protect available. Otherwise we risk blocking an important role.

And is protecting a role better?
I'll explain later why this was bad....well, potentially bad.
We'll have to wait and see how the game shakes out.
(this is me making assumptions about game setup, but unlike Mikal, I'm not an idiot)
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 10:07:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
And, yes, I said the game.
If I am right, there are long term consequences that you allowed to happen, but we won't know the severity of them until a later point, likely the end of the game.
My work here is, finally, done.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 10:07:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 10:05:18 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/19/2014 9:56:55 AM, Wylted wrote:

I assumed being vanilla a roleblock would be harmless. It's the only safe roleblock/protect available. Otherwise we risk blocking an important role.

And is protecting a role better?
I'll explain later why this was bad....well, potentially bad.
We'll have to wait and see how the game shakes out.
(this is me making assumptions about game setup, but unlike Mikal, I'm not an idiot)

I'm definitely interested in that theory. Even if you end up being way off.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 10:09:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 10:07:23 AM, Wylted wrote:

I'm definitely interested in that theory. Even if you end up being way off.

It's not for me to disclose the accuracy of the theory, nor is it wise for me to state explicitly.

Moving on, what was the point of outing the doc?
Why should you not be lynched for outing her?
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 10:19:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
From the book of FT:
1. You were looking for associative-tells in your first post. You said: "Mikal is scum based on gut, and because Zaradi isn't voting Mikal, therefore Zaradi is scum too." That's even scummier in retrospect given Mikal's flip, as it is easily misconstrued as "inside knowledge" that Mikal was scum, as well as an attempt to set up a mislynch on Zaradi after Mikal's flip. Your first post also assumed Zaradi's intention ("looks like Zaradi is purposefully avoiding Mikal") but there was no indication that was intentional. And your post was wishy-washy in the worst kind of way ("Zaradi's analysis is good but he's avoiding Mikal so therefore he's Mikal's partner" is what scum wishy-washiness tends to look like, especially when they are setting up chain lynches).

Sound like anyone this game?
http://www.debate.org...
My work here is, finally, done.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 10:28:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 10:09:22 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/19/2014 10:07:23 AM, Wylted wrote:

I'm definitely interested in that theory. Even if you end up being way off.

It's not for me to disclose the accuracy of the theory, nor is it wise for me to state explicitly.

Moving on, what was the point of outing the doc?
Why should you not be lynched for outing her?

I claimed doc, to get CCed and secure a lynch against myself.

I'm not going to attempt to talk anyone out of lynching me. I would lynch me if I were you guys.

What I will do, is participate in a way, I best think benefits town. Right now that's answering you guy's questions in a way that's reasonably honest.

So if I'm facing a lynch I'll go quietly, but until then. I'm going to scum hunt and cooperate to the best of my ability.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 10:33:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'll bandwagon that vote. Pro has been completely useles. My VTL is merely for activity.

VTL ORO
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 10:37:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 10:28:57 AM, Wylted wrote:
What is the justification for Vanilla?
What do you make of Mikal?
Why did you do what you did? If you don't want to play, you could have been replaced. Why hurt town, if you are town?
My work here is, finally, done.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 10:42:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 10:37:43 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/19/2014 10:28:57 AM, Wylted wrote:
What is the justification for Vanilla?
What do you make of Mikal?
Why did you do what you did? If you don't want to play, you could have been replaced. Why hurt town, if you are town?

It was a jerk move. I'm sorry. I feel like Mikal is just trolling this entire game. The post BSH1, pretty much putted him as trolling, which by default I think outs him as town or a TP that can win with town. I don't think BSH1 would even consider Mikal's actions trolling if he was nontown.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 10:44:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 10:37:43 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/19/2014 10:28:57 AM, Wylted wrote:
What is the justification for Vanilla?
What do you make of Mikal?
Why did you do what you did? If you don't want to play, you could have been replaced. Why hurt town, if you are town?

I'll state the vanilla justification from memory, instead of referring back to the PM. Hera was basically always cheated on by Zeus and couldn't have kids. Apparently Zeus was bored with her because she's vanilla.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 10:47:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 10:42:54 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/19/2014 10:37:43 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/19/2014 10:28:57 AM, Wylted wrote:
What is the justification for Vanilla?
What do you make of Mikal?
Why did you do what you did? If you don't want to play, you could have been replaced. Why hurt town, if you are town?

It was a jerk move. I'm sorry. I feel like Mikal is just trolling this entire game. The post BSH1, pretty much putted him as trolling, which by default I think outs him as town or a TP that can win with town. I don't think BSH1 would even consider Mikal's actions trolling if he was nontown.

Well, he did try to out the most powerful of the gods, which is likely the most powerful townie role.
My fear is that he is not town (i.e. survivor), which means he may well turn against us.

He has used shady means before to win (like using the announcement PM as scum to try to lynch townies), and survivor is all about staying alive.
His whole evidence that he tried to hammer is false, because he could have known that two of the votes didn't count. (maybe he didn't, I don't know) By being a mislynch target, he doesn't have to worry about being NK'd, does he?
My work here is, finally, done.