Total Posts:57|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

5 Team Insurgents Sign Ups

ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 4:41:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Introduction: I have been extremely interested in the Punic wars lately. Hannibal had tactics seen by no other army in the history of mankind. His strategy and war philosophy is still being emulated today. The Punic Wars weren't fought like any regular conflict. It was a cold war esque struggle for supremacy between two major superpowers, who worked through proxies in other states. Much like the Soviet Union and the United States. Hence, the only way to make this game work, is to have 5 teams.

It's really quite simple actually. There will be 5 team denominations

- A warring (w/ carthage) town team known as Rome (Wont know each others affiliations)
- A warring (w/ rome) town team known as Carthage (Wont know each others affiliations)
- A scum faction, who wins by themselves, like the regular insurgent faction.
- One survivor faction, which can win with either Rome or Carthage. (have their own PM)
- A mercenary faction, based on the war. Any of the three main factions can attempt to recruit a mercenary during the SP.

There will also be plenty of flavor, and movable items, but for the most part, this will be an extremely long and tense 16 player game. PM's are incredibly elaborate at this point, and I'm sure you'll all enjoy this game. Theme will be quite obvious to many, but there will be some interesting observational elements to it. It will be incredibly difficult, and quick warning, I'm not a fan of investigation roles. Powers will be incredibly minimalist just to make sure the game is as focused and bloody as possible. Everything is set up and balanced, just need the players. This will only work at 16, and maybe 15 if I'm flexible. Esocial has asked me to autosign her.

http://www.debate.org...
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 4:42:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
As said in the OP, /in
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 4:44:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 4:42:44 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
As said in the OP, /in
Add your name to the list please
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 4:45:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 4:42:26 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Sign Ups

1. ESocialBookworm
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 4:47:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 4:42:44 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
As said in the OP, /in
Thanks. In honor of the occasion, my profile pic will remain as Hannibal Barca, my all time favorite military general, until the game is complete.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
TS-387
Posts: 382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 5:13:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 4:45:26 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 7/21/2014 4:42:26 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Sign Ups

1. ESocialBookworm
2.TS-387
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.

Probably will be available enough to play. (School's back and all that)
MST_SlGNATURE_31803
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 6:45:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 5:13:51 AM, TS-387 wrote:
At 7/21/2014 4:45:26 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 7/21/2014 4:42:26 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Sign Ups

1. ESocialBookworm
2.TS-387
3. Lannan13
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.

Probably will be available enough to play. (School's back and all that)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 6:55:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 6:45:45 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Has there been another 5 team game? I would like to view it.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 6:57:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 6:55:09 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/21/2014 6:45:45 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Has there been another 5 team game? I would like to view it.

No, FREEDO always did solo fate games. There were no teams.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 6:58:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 6:57:38 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 7/21/2014 6:55:09 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/21/2014 6:45:45 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Has there been another 5 team game? I would like to view it.

No, FREEDO always did solo fate games. There were no teams.
This is more like mafia than fate. Has there ever been a 5 team mafia game? I really like the format I set up. Very historical, and the roles are full of deceit and confusion.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 7:08:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 4:41:52 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Introduction: I have been extremely interested in the Punic wars lately. Hannibal had tactics seen by no other army in the history of mankind. His strategy and war philosophy is still being emulated today. The Punic Wars weren't fought like any regular conflict. It was a cold war esque struggle for supremacy between two major superpowers, who worked through proxies in other states. Much like the Soviet Union and the United States. Hence, the only way to make this game work, is to have 5 teams.

It's really quite simple actually. There will be 5 team denominations

- A warring (w/ carthage) town team known as Rome (Wont know each others affiliations)
- A warring (w/ rome) town team known as Carthage (Wont know each others affiliations)
- A scum faction, who wins by themselves, like the regular insurgent faction.
- One survivor faction, which can win with either Rome or Carthage. (have their own PM)
- A mercenary faction, based on the war. Any of the three main factions can attempt to recruit a mercenary during the SP.

There will also be plenty of flavor, and movable items, but for the most part, this will be an extremely long and tense 16 player game. PM's are incredibly elaborate at this point, and I'm sure you'll all enjoy this game. Theme will be quite obvious to many, but there will be some interesting observational elements to it. It will be incredibly difficult, and quick warning, I'm not a fan of investigation roles. Powers will be incredibly minimalist just to make sure the game is as focused and bloody as possible. Everything is set up and balanced, just need the players. This will only work at 16, and maybe 15 if I'm flexible. Esocial has asked me to autosign her.

http://www.debate.org...

sure ill play
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 7:09:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 7:08:53 AM, Preston wrote:
sure ill play
Then add you name to the sign ups
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 7:10:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 6:45:45 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 7/21/2014 5:13:51 AM, TS-387 wrote:
At 7/21/2014 4:45:26 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 7/21/2014 4:42:26 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Sign Ups

1. ESocialBookworm
2.TS-387
3. Lannan13
4. Preston (Not again)
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.

Probably will be available enough to play. (School's back and all that)
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 7:16:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 6:58:52 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/21/2014 6:57:38 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 7/21/2014 6:55:09 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/21/2014 6:45:45 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Has there been another 5 team game? I would like to view it.

No, FREEDO always did solo fate games. There were no teams.
This is more like mafia than fate. Has there ever been a 5 team mafia game? I really like the format I set up. Very historical, and the roles are full of deceit and confusion.

I've done a 4 team mafia game, but it wasn't historical or like anything you're asking.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 7:22:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 7:10:17 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/21/2014 6:45:45 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 7/21/2014 5:13:51 AM, TS-387 wrote:
At 7/21/2014 4:45:26 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 7/21/2014 4:42:26 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Sign Ups

1. ESocialBookworm
2.TS-387
3. Lannan13
4. Preston (Not again)
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.

Probably will be available enough to play. (School's back and all that)

Hey you pmed me the link
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 7:23:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 4:41:52 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Introduction: I have been extremely interested in the Punic wars lately. Hannibal had tactics seen by no other army in the history of mankind. His strategy and war philosophy is still being emulated today. The Punic Wars weren't fought like any regular conflict. It was a cold war esque struggle for supremacy between two major superpowers, who worked through proxies in other states. Much like the Soviet Union and the United States. Hence, the only way to make this game work, is to have 5 teams.

It's really quite simple actually. There will be 5 team denominations

- A warring (w/ carthage) town team known as Rome (Wont know each others affiliations)
- A warring (w/ rome) town team known as Carthage (Wont know each others affiliations)
- A scum faction, who wins by themselves, like the regular insurgent faction.
- One survivor faction, which can win with either Rome or Carthage. (have their own PM)
- A mercenary faction, based on the war. Any of the three main factions can attempt to recruit a mercenary during the SP.

There will also be plenty of flavor, and movable items, but for the most part, this will be an extremely long and tense 16 player game. PM's are incredibly elaborate at this point, and I'm sure you'll all enjoy this game. Theme will be quite obvious to many, but there will be some interesting observational elements to it. It will be incredibly difficult, and quick warning, I'm not a fan of investigation roles. Powers will be incredibly minimalist just to make sure the game is as focused and bloody as possible. Everything is set up and balanced, just need the players. This will only work at 16, and maybe 15 if I'm flexible. Esocial has asked me to autosign her.

http://www.debate.org...

actually since in a (not again) I want out
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
TS-387
Posts: 382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 8:36:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 7:22:51 AM, Preston wrote:
At 7/21/2014 7:10:17 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/21/2014 6:45:45 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 7/21/2014 5:13:51 AM, TS-387 wrote:
At 7/21/2014 4:45:26 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 7/21/2014 4:42:26 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Sign Ups

1. ESocialBookworm
2.TS-387
3. Lannan13
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.


Preston said he wanted out
MST_SlGNATURE_31803
Subutai
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 9:29:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Sign Ups

1. ESocialBookworm
2. TS-387
3. Lannan13
4. Subutai
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 11:01:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This obviously isn't a beginner game, so are semi-noobs to mafia (me) allowed? I've lurked and watched entire mafia games play out before, and this seems really fun, but if I'd be dampening gameplay I'll probably just spectate :-)
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 4:22:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 11:01:17 AM, Daltonian wrote:
This obviously isn't a beginner game, so are semi-noobs to mafia (me) allowed? I've lurked and watched entire mafia games play out before, and this seems really fun, but if I'd be dampening gameplay I'll probably just spectate :-)
You can play. We'll have trouble reaching 16
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 4:22:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 9:29:17 AM, Subutai wrote:
Sign Ups

1. ESocialBookworm
2. TS-387
3. Lannan13
4. Subutai
5. Daltonian
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Atheist-Independent
Posts: 776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 4:37:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This sounds really interesting, but alas I have no idea how to play. Could somebody explain before I throw my name into the ring?
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 4:44:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 4:37:35 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
This sounds really interesting, but alas I have no idea how to play. Could somebody explain before I throw my name into the ring?
It is a game of behavior anaylisis. You will be pitted against players who you are in opposition to. They will be forced to lie to survive during the game. By playing, you'll learn to read liars, lie yourself, and build something called trust. I provided the rules in the OP
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Atheist-Independent
Posts: 776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 4:51:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 4:44:13 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/21/2014 4:37:35 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
This sounds really interesting, but alas I have no idea how to play. Could somebody explain before I throw my name into the ring?
It is a game of behavior anaylisis. You will be pitted against players who you are in opposition to. They will be forced to lie to survive during the game. By playing, you'll learn to read liars, lie yourself, and build something called trust. I provided the rules in the OP

This sounds fun, I'll give it a try. I expect to be dreadfully bad however.
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 4:52:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 4:22:56 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/21/2014 9:29:17 AM, Subutai wrote:
Sign Ups

1. ESocialBookworm
2. TS-387
3. Lannan13
4. Subutai
5. Daltonian
6. Atheist_Independent
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 5:15:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Is this Mafia under another name? If not, is this like Fate? If not, please explain.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 7:17:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/21/2014 5:15:20 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Is this Mafia under another name? If not, is this like Fate? If not, please explain.
You can read the rules
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
1Historygenius
Posts: 1,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 7:31:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Sorry but I have never been interest in games on this site.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...