bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:06:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Mafia wins!!!

MAFIA

Khaos - You are FREYJA. Because your husband, the love of your life, is never with you, you spend much of your time looking for him. Therefore, you are the Complusive LOOKOUT. Each night you MUST select a player. You will learn who visited them.

Oro - You are ODIN. As the father of the gods and as King of Asgard you are the foremost deity in your pantheon. Because of your power and stature, and because you are worshipped for many reasons (from victory in battle to soothsaying) you are the JOAT. You have the following 1-shot abilities: Ninja, Role Cop, and Strongman.

Endark - You are LOKI. God of mischief and mischief-making, you are a master thief, provocateur, and scoundrel. Because your pilfering skills have been honed over many millennia of practice, you are the 1-shot VOTE THIEF. You may target another player at night and force them to VTL a second player of your choosing during the next DP.

[Hidden Mod Note: Disabled]

TOWN

Mikal - You are HEPHAESTUS. Because you can forge anything you can imagine, enabling people to do incredible things. You could create handmaidens from gold or create bronze webs that could trap even the gods. Since your blacksmithing abilities empowered you, a cripple, to ascend to the rank of Olympian, you are the 3-shot ENABLER. Each night you may select a player. If they are secretly flavored as "disabled," you will permanently empower them to use their abilities. You win with the town.

Lannan - You are HESTIA. Goddess of the hearth, home, and family, you are humble and kind, preferring a simple wooden chair to a throne amongst the gods. You have eschewed emblems and romance, preferring to focus on your work. Because you so devoutly cling to the piety and cleanliness of family life, because you are pure of heart, you are the INNOCENT CHILD. You will be mod-confirmed as town-affiliated on DP3. You win with the town.

Debate - You are HADES. God of death, you are also the caretaker of souls. You do not willingly permit anyone to leave your realm once they have arrived, and you punish them or reward them as appropriate to the life they lived. In a sense, the underworld you rule is a jail, and all the souls therein are its inmates. Hence, you are the JAILKEEPER. Each night you may select another player. They are protected from harm, but are also role blocked. You win with the town.

Number - You are DIONYSUS. Since you're always either inebriated or high, it is probably hard to get through to you sometimes. Therefore, you are the ASCETIC. You are unaffected by non-lethal actions. You win with the town.

Wylted - You are HERA. You are a vindictive bitch who is more vain and self-centered than Narcissus himself. Goddess of marriage, it seems pretty ironic that Zeus cheats on you with dozens of other women. Because Zeus must find you pretty boring (or perhaps you're just that intolerable) you are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

XLAV - You are HERMES. You are the messenger-bringer of the gods, patron of travels are herdsman, and a consummate trickster. Because you oversee those traveling to new destinations or tracking down their flock, and because you must track down those to whom you deliver your missives, you are the TRACKER. Each night you may select another player. You will learn who they visit. You win with the town.

YYW - You are EROS. God of sexual desire, you embody sexual power. You often take time to interfere in the love affairs of mortal beings, and enjoy the consternation you sometimes wreak. Because you are the bringer of love, you are the LOVER. During NP1 you may select another player. You and that player will share a PM. If one of you dies, both of you die. You win with the town.

Ray - You are ARTEMIS. Goddess of hunting and the hunter, it only makes sense that you are the HUNTER. If lynch, you may select another player to die with you. You win with the town.

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

Debate - Jlk. Wylted
YYW - Lvr. Endark
XLAV - Trk. Khaos
Oro - Rlcp. Ray
Khaos - Lkt. YYW
Khaos - NK XLAV

NP2

Mikal - Enb. Khaos
Oro - Strgm. Number
Khaos - Lkt. Lannan

NP2

Debate - Jlk. Khaos
Endark - Vtf. Ray to Lannan
Khaos - Lkt. Endark

MOD COMMENTS

Town should've been a bit more hesitant to lynch Wylted, and, to a lesser degree, Mikal as well. Good game though on both sides. Thoughts on the theme?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:09:43 PM
EDIT

On NP3, Endark also NKs Debate.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:13:19 PM
I thought it was a good theme, although YYW perhaps should have been Aphrodite if you wanted to keep the 12 Olympians rather than any Greek god.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:14:02 PM
At 7/22/2014 9:12:26 PM, XLAV wrote:
Btw Khaos, to answer your question in DP1. The scum team was Khaos, Oro and Ray/Endark.

Hindsight makes for clear sight, doesn't it?
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:14:40 PM
At 7/22/2014 9:13:19 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I thought it was a good theme, although YYW perhaps should have been Aphrodite if you wanted to keep the 12 Olympians rather than any Greek god.

I wanted town to have a potential mislynch target based on theme, bur perhaps, in hindsight, you were right, since the disabled IC was also a good town mislynch target.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:16:16 PM

Also, I wanted to expand it to primordial deities so mafia could have more possible fake claims. If I kept it to the 12 Olympians, 9 of those 12 roles would've already been taken. Mafia, in that case, would have had a 3/4th chance of claiming a role a townie already had.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:16:28 PM
At 7/22/2014 9:14:02 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Btw Khaos, to answer your question in DP1. The scum team was Khaos, Oro and Ray/Endark.

Nope. Ask Wylted for confirmation. aAfter he died I shared to him my scum team that I would have posted in DP2 if I was alive. Hell, I didn't even need to read DP2.
Raymond_Reddington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:16:50 PM

Why am I in this?
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:21:09 PM
At 7/22/2014 9:16:16 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Also, I wanted to expand it to primordial deities so mafia could have more possible fake claims. If I kept it to the 12 Olympians, 9 of those 12 roles would've already been taken. Mafia, in that case, would have had a 3/4th chance of claiming a role a townie already had.

True, true.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:22:35 PM
At 7/22/2014 9:16:28 PM, XLAV wrote:

Nope. Ask Wylted for confirmation. aAfter he died I shared to him my scum team that I would have posted in DP2 if I was alive. Hell, I didn't even need to read DP2.

I find it hard to believe you could a) read Mikal as town, b) have town reads on everyone so strongly that Debate's inactivity was townier than Oro's, and c) have 100% reads with barely any claims.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:31:14 PM
At 7/22/2014 9:22:35 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I find it hard to believe you could a) read Mikal as town, b) have town reads on everyone so strongly that Debate's inactivity was townier than Oro's, and c) have 100% reads with barely any claims.

I could give see myself given Mikal the benefit of the doubt, but want to policy lynch him anyway. Debate was town due to Wylted, and YYW, and then me, if I was town.
So, a simple guess would have been 3 of seven players, and XLAV isn't going to pick Wylted.

But, the fact is, he didn't claim it in the DP, so no credit is given.

I am curious why?
But, I'm sure the answer would be you and I, because we were actively trying to push lynches, and Oro because he was inactive, while Debate was town. Ray for defending Lannan needlessly, and Number and Lannan because, ???
My work here is, finally, done.
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:38:11 PM
Obviously, I was fortunate in the quality of my scum partners khaos's guesses were impeccable. We also got 3 big breaks : killing Xlav first before he could report his track, YYWs choice of lover, and Mikal/Wylted's tactical boomerangs. In truth, the aptitude of XLAV's scum list was probably what convinced us to direct the first NK his way. The game might have been totally different if the tracker had told his tale Although it did not impact the game much, disabling the IC and no other town is tricky - probably the last claim I would try to enable. I suppose it would have verified both roles for dp4 if we got that deep.
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:44:15 PM
I would like to add that I don't like all this extracurricular communication. Live chat rooms can give all kinds of clues and are begging for abuse. PMs from the dead. Friend requests mid-game, etc. I don't see any evidence that anybody here played in any way but fair, but isn't the toleration if all this begging for a cheat down the road. I'm aware that we have little to enforce non-communication, but it seems the issue ought to be raised.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:47:22 PM

a. I learned how to read Mikal, especially after last game.
b. Debate was easy to read, Oro was scum by PoE.
c. Behavior analysis. Though I mostly used PoE to find scum.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:49:05 PM
At 7/22/2014 9:31:14 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I could give see myself given Mikal the benefit of the doubt, but want to policy lynch him anyway. Debate was town due to Wylted, and YYW, and then me, if I was town.
So, a simple guess would have been 3 of seven players, and XLAV isn't going to pick Wylted.

But, the fact is, he didn't claim it in the DP, so no credit is given.

I am curious why?
But, I'm sure the answer would be you and I, because we were actively trying to push lynches, and Oro because he was inactive, while Debate was town. Ray for defending Lannan needlessly, and Number and Lannan because, ???
Behavior and early claiming.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:51:27 PM
At 7/22/2014 9:16:50 PM, Raymond_Reddington wrote:

Why am I in this?

You never really did any scum tells, I just slightly town read Endark more. So you were 3rd and Endark was 4th in my scum list.