Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Insurgents Flames of Syria: Endgame

ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 6:22:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Winner:Insurgents
Second Place: Squad

Mikal - You are Abu Ajeeb. Leader of the Al Abbas Brigade. A private army fighting for the Assad Regime. As Assad's number one paramilitary force, you are capable of extra-judicial actions behind enemy lines. Hence, you are the assassin. You possess a 1x(shot) radio. Once per game, you may choose a player to assassinate, although your faction will be publicly revealed. You win with the insurgents.

Kc1999 - You are Ali Haidar. Leader of the Syrian National Socialist Party. An extremely xenophobic, nationalist, and fascist party operating out of Syria. Your party is often accused of being neo-nazi and sometimes even genocidal. You are the Curse. Once per scenario, you may mark a player for death. For every two votes on a player, one vote will be casted on a random squad member. If the other marked player dies (the random one), then all his information will be stolen, besides his allegiance, and can be viewed by the insurgent faction until the next SP. You win with the insurgents.

Yama - You are Cap. Mohammed Shakerdi. Leader of the Army of Mujahedeen. A coalition of loose Islamic gangs and rebel groups. Your network is small, but far reached. Nothing in Syria goes beyond your forces ears. One man for a 1000 secrets is the Armies motto. Hence, you are the hindsight. Anyone who visits you during a SP will have their role revealed. You win with squad.

Socialist - You are Mohammad Riad. Leader of the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood. Do to your counter parts failure in Egypt, you are deeply hated by most factions. The fight in Syria is the best way to reattain power. Others will try to stop you, and your numbers are low, but the brotherhood is vigilant. Famous for its snooping. Hence, you are the informant. You know the goal of the insurgent team. You win with squad.

XLAV - You are Mohammed Omar. Famous leader of the Tenrik-I-Taliban. You helped Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden escape in the battle of Tora Bora. For your duty and service, the students named you their spiritual catalyst. You are worshiped as a god by those among you. A legend upon earth. People all over the Pashtun world pray in your honor. Hang pictures in your honor. Kill in your honor. Hence, you are the Caliph. Absolute authority over your people has allowed you to project considerably high influence. You may "double" with a player, making all actions done to you affect him, and vice versa. You win with squad.

Lannan13 - You are Abu Mohammad al-Jawlan. Great leader of the Al-Nusra front. You've sworn your allegiance to Al-Qaeda leader Aswan al-Zawahiri. He choose you personally to fight for the cause of sharia in Syria. The Islamic fighters flock under the Al-Nusra banner. Sharia embodiment in an age of liberalism and commie spirit. Hence, you are the Imam. Once per game, you may "convert" all votes to another player. You win with Squad.

NumberWang - You are Hassan Nasrallah. Leader of Hezbollah. Widely considered to be the strongest terrorist group in the world. Your paramilitary wing is 10,000's strong, and renowned among the Shiite population. Hezbollah contains one of the largest missile stockpiles in the middle east. Hence, you are "The Supreme". Once per game, you may force a bombing(VTB), killing a player instantly. Also, you may force one player to use an action per turn. If his action can't be used, the power will be revealed to you. You win with the insurgents.

Preston - You are Ahmed Abu Issa. Leader of the Islamic Front of Syria. All the Islamic factions fighting for the Syrian National Council are united under your banner. Your word, is their word. Anything you say, goes. Hence, you are the Officer. Once per SP, you'll be able to force a player to use an action. If his action is informative, it will be revealed. You win with squad.

Blade - You are Mohnder Saras. Leader of the Sham Legion. Your group receives general support from both liberal and conservatives. Yes, your terrorists. It's a mean to an end. Your goals are noble. Oust a dictator and have a moderate islamic state. Your group must masquerade with these "extremists" and "lightweights". Hence, you are the moderate. You're immune to investigation. You turn into a TP upon death. You win with squad.

Subutai 1 - You are Salih Muslim. Leader of Rojava, or Syrian Kurdistan. Your existence is ignored by most of the international community. Some even call you terrorists. All you know for sure, is that Kurdistan will be independent. Through blood or diplomacy. Do to your uncommon objectives to secure Kurdish sovereignty, you are the survivor. You win with either faction. Upon death, you will survive, and turn into ISIS.

Subutai 2 - You are Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Leader of the Islamic Caliphate. You once held the most territory in all of Syria. Outweighing that of both the FSA and Damasus government. Yet your expansion was held back on three fronts. Originally capable of using the war to establish clear borders of your state, you are closed in by the FSA, Iraqi government, and Syrian nationalists. No longer bound to their will, you freely oppose all of them. Hence, you are the Serial Killer. Once per phase, you may choose a player and kill him from the game. You win when all players have been killed.

Seido - You are Abdul-Ilah al-Bashir al-Noeimi. Brigadier General of the Free Syrian Army. You share the reigns of power with three others. Your party has recently merged with the Syrian National Council, the internationally recognized government in exile. Do to your strategic alliance, you receive foreign aid. Once per game, you may choose a player to protect. S/he will survive any fatal power or action used against him that phase. Ensuring his or her survival. You win with Squad.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 6:28:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Conclusion
As the rioters storm the palace, Assad flees to his helicopter. By the narrow break of day, he watches as his citizens are massacred by the army. The war was over. Syria was his to rule. Nationalism, socialism, extremism, Syria will soon be the beacon of inspiration and Shia throughout the Arab world. The West was defeated. The Sunni were defeated. The losses of the war were tremendous, but all Syrians can look forward to a new dawn.

War doesn't last for ever after all.......
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Kc1999
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 6:54:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/25/2014 6:28:58 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Conclusion
As the rioters storm the palace, Assad flees to his helicopter. By the narrow break of day, he watches as his citizens are massacred by the army. The war was over. Syria was his to rule. Nationalism, socialism, extremism, Syria will soon be the beacon of inspiration and Shia throughout the Arab world. The West was defeated. The Sunni were defeated. The losses of the war were tremendous, but all Syrians can look forward to a new dawn.

War doesn't last for ever after all.......


Idiot. Horrible song.
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 6:57:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/25/2014 6:54:55 AM, Kc1999 wrote:
At 7/25/2014 6:28:58 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Conclusion
As the rioters storm the palace, Assad flees to his helicopter. By the narrow break of day, he watches as his citizens are massacred by the army. The war was over. Syria was his to rule. Nationalism, socialism, extremism, Syria will soon be the beacon of inspiration and Shia throughout the Arab world. The West was defeated. The Sunni were defeated. The losses of the war were tremendous, but all Syrians can look forward to a new dawn.

War doesn't last for ever after all.......


Idiot. Horrible song.


I prefer mass throat chanting to over hyped nationalist orchestras
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 6:58:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/25/2014 6:54:55 AM, Kc1999 wrote:
I will give those Donbass Rebels credit though. They know how to make a bad @ss national anthem.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Kc1999
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 6:59:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/25/2014 6:57:24 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/25/2014 6:54:55 AM, Kc1999 wrote:
At 7/25/2014 6:28:58 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Conclusion
As the rioters storm the palace, Assad flees to his helicopter. By the narrow break of day, he watches as his citizens are massacred by the army. The war was over. Syria was his to rule. Nationalism, socialism, extremism, Syria will soon be the beacon of inspiration and Shia throughout the Arab world. The West was defeated. The Sunni were defeated. The losses of the war were tremendous, but all Syrians can look forward to a new dawn.

War doesn't last for ever after all.......


Idiot. Horrible song.


I prefer mass throat chanting to over hyped nationalist orchestras


Cmon bro, nationalist music is amazing
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
Kc1999
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 7:00:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/25/2014 6:58:41 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/25/2014 6:54:55 AM, Kc1999 wrote:
I will give those Donbass Rebels credit though. They know how to make a bad @ss national anthem.

This is more bad glutius maximus
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 7:01:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/25/2014 6:59:29 AM, Kc1999 wrote:
Hard to make raps about genocidal dictators
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 7:03:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/25/2014 7:00:45 AM, Kc1999 wrote:
Alright, stop before the forum is broken.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Kc1999
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 7:04:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/25/2014 7:03:31 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/25/2014 7:00:45 AM, Kc1999 wrote:
Alright, stop before the forum is broken.

Darn it
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 1:19:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Lol, thanks to the morons who thought I was scum. Good job!!
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 1:21:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/25/2014 1:19:56 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Lol, thanks to the morons who thought I was scum. Good job!!
The game was riddled with inactivity. A result of me only having 10 players and the majority noobs. Anyways, I had fun modding it, and I hope you had fun playing it. You weren't exactly set up with a grade A team.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 1:22:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Oh yes, and big shout-out to the Mod who let this turn into a popularity contest at the end. Smart move MOD.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 1:24:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/25/2014 1:22:18 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Oh yes, and big shout-out to the Mod who let this turn into a popularity contest at the end. Smart move MOD.
I read the mafiascum rules. Insurgents would of won upon subutais lynch according to the rules. The SP7 shouldn't of even been extended. Although beginner complimented the idea. I thought it was an interesting experiment, to be judged by the people you helped lynch.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 1:26:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/25/2014 1:24:16 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:22:18 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Oh yes, and big shout-out to the Mod who let this turn into a popularity contest at the end. Smart move MOD.
I read the mafiascum rules. Insurgents would of won upon subutais lynch according to the rules. The SP7 shouldn't of even been extended. Although beginner complimented the idea. I thought it was an interesting experiment, to be judged by the people you helped lynch.

How is that an interesting experiment? The results were exactly what anyone with reason would have expected - those who were bombed just wanted revenge on me and gladly put the VTB on me. Ironically, it was squad members in that last round who voted for the insurgents to win. Like I said, they are morons. Letting emotion block reason.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 1:29:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/25/2014 1:26:32 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:24:16 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:22:18 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Oh yes, and big shout-out to the Mod who let this turn into a popularity contest at the end. Smart move MOD.
I read the mafiascum rules. Insurgents would of won upon subutais lynch according to the rules. The SP7 shouldn't of even been extended. Although beginner complimented the idea. I thought it was an interesting experiment, to be judged by the people you helped lynch.

How is that an interesting experiment?
It hasn't been attempted in mafia. Now it has.
The results were exactly what anyone with reason would have expected - those who were bombed just wanted revenge on me and gladly put the VTB on me.
And look what happened. They lost because of it.
Ironically, it was squad members in that last round who voted for the insurgents to win. Like I said, they are morons. Letting emotion block reason.
I think Mikal had more scum tells than you, but he appeared inherently honest. Even as he lied through his teeth the whole game. That's a good trait to have in this game. A better trait is to spot these people out early. Town lost, because it couldn't identify scum.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 1:44:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/25/2014 1:29:29 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:26:32 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:24:16 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:22:18 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Oh yes, and big shout-out to the Mod who let this turn into a popularity contest at the end. Smart move MOD.
I read the mafiascum rules. Insurgents would of won upon subutais lynch according to the rules. The SP7 shouldn't of even been extended. Although beginner complimented the idea. I thought it was an interesting experiment, to be judged by the people you helped lynch.

How is that an interesting experiment?
It hasn't been attempted in mafia. Now it has.

But this isn't mafia. It's a game you created based off of the Mafia template. It's never been attempted in Mafia because it isn't supposed to happen that way. If this was like Mafia, Mikal should have just won after that last NP, not an extension allowing those who were bombed to vote. I'd rather that happen than allow town the opportunity to choose based off of revenge. Revenge is one of the few emotions that truly blocks reason.

The results were exactly what anyone with reason would have expected - those who were bombed just wanted revenge on me and gladly put the VTB on me.
And look what happened. They lost because of it.

We should have lost regardless, especially if Mikal and I were the only ones left. I'm somewhat cynically happy though that those fvcks voted in a manner that cost us the win. Shows everyone who reads this that they are incapable of reasoning when faced with an emotional choice.

Ironically, it was squad members in that last round who voted for the insurgents to win. Like I said, they are morons. Letting emotion block reason.
I think Mikal had more scum tells than you, but he appeared inherently honest. Even as he lied through his teeth the whole game. That's a good trait to have in this game. A better trait is to spot these people out early. Town lost, because it couldn't identify scum.

I don't understand how though... why didn't the real informant come out and CC mikal's role? It seems like some shitty players were on squad. Either way, fun game - bs ending.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 1:48:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/25/2014 1:44:08 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:29:29 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:26:32 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:24:16 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:22:18 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Oh yes, and big shout-out to the Mod who let this turn into a popularity contest at the end. Smart move MOD.
I read the mafiascum rules. Insurgents would of won upon subutais lynch according to the rules. The SP7 shouldn't of even been extended. Although beginner complimented the idea. I thought it was an interesting experiment, to be judged by the people you helped lynch.

How is that an interesting experiment?
It hasn't been attempted in mafia. Now it has.

But this isn't mafia. It's a game you created based off of the Mafia template. It's never been attempted in Mafia because it isn't supposed to happen that way.
So it's not mafia but I should run it like mafia?
If this was like Mafia, Mikal should have just won after that last NP, not an extension allowing those who were bombed to vote.
Then what's the harm? The other was was more interesting and decisive anyways.
I'd rather that happen than allow town the opportunity to choose based off of revenge. Revenge is one of the few emotions that truly blocks reason.
Yes, but according to you, Mikal had already won.

The results were exactly what anyone with reason would have expected - those who were bombed just wanted revenge on me and gladly put the VTB on me.
And look what happened. They lost because of it.

We should have lost regardless, especially if Mikal and I were the only ones left.
Then there was no harm
I'm somewhat cynically happy though that those fvcks voted in a manner that cost us the win.
They were noobs. It was a rare situation that Mikal had actually won before it started.
Shows everyone who reads this that they are incapable of reasoning when faced with an emotional choice.
It was a newbie dominated game

Ironically, it was squad members in that last round who voted for the insurgents to win. Like I said, they are morons. Letting emotion block reason.
I think Mikal had more scum tells than you, but he appeared inherently honest. Even as he lied through his teeth the whole game. That's a good trait to have in this game. A better trait is to spot these people out early. Town lost, because it couldn't identify scum.

I don't understand how though...
Because he's a good liar
why didn't the real informant come out and CC mikal's role?
He was mod killed and a noob.
It seems like some shitty players were on squad. Either way, fun game - bs ending.
I can get behind that. I recruited some bad people. Feeling better about the current choices in my current game.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 2:19:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/25/2014 1:48:17 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:44:08 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:29:29 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:26:32 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:24:16 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:22:18 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Oh yes, and big shout-out to the Mod who let this turn into a popularity contest at the end. Smart move MOD.
I read the mafiascum rules. Insurgents would of won upon subutais lynch according to the rules. The SP7 shouldn't of even been extended. Although beginner complimented the idea. I thought it was an interesting experiment, to be judged by the people you helped lynch.

How is that an interesting experiment?
It hasn't been attempted in mafia. Now it has.

But this isn't mafia. It's a game you created based off of the Mafia template. It's never been attempted in Mafia because it isn't supposed to happen that way.
So it's not mafia but I should run it like mafia?

It's just that it seems like if you allow it to come down to 1 v. 1 it turns into a popularity contest instead of an exercise through reason. If you are going to use the Mafia template you might as well end it like a mafia game.

If this was like Mafia, Mikal should have just won after that last NP, not an extension allowing those who were bombed to vote.
Then what's the harm? The other was was more interesting and decisive anyways.

The harm is exactly the outcome we experienced. Squad allowing personal emotions to block rational thought. I said that I have no reason to VTB Mikal because no-one CC'd his informant claim. That's a rational train of thought - not some blind emotion that says let's VTB me because I VTB'd them. It was more interesting, sure, but not the most appropriate way in which to handle such a situation. It should have been an insurgents win before the choice was given to those who held revenge in their minds.

I'd rather that happen than allow town the opportunity to choose based off of revenge. Revenge is one of the few emotions that truly blocks reason.
Yes, but according to you, Mikal had already won.

Exactly, which is why there is no real point in allowing those who are being influenced by emotion to make an important choice. It was nothing more than the results of a Mod who fvcked up at some point and didn't have a way to save himself from his own mistakes. In turn, you saved yourself from your own errors by placing the choice on those who shouldn't have had any choice to begin with.

We should have lost regardless, especially if Mikal and I were the only ones left.
Then there was no harm

There was though, because you allowed those who should have had no say make a choice. It was an unjustified way to kill either me or mikal off. Even if I had won, it wouldn't have been a justified win. The Mod should have called the game one round sooner.

I'm somewhat cynically happy though that those fvcks voted in a manner that cost us the win.
They were noobs. It was a rare situation that Mikal had actually won before it started.
Shows everyone who reads this that they are incapable of reasoning when faced with an emotional choice.
It was a newbie dominated game

Agreed.

I don't understand how though...
Because he's a good liar
why didn't the real informant come out and CC mikal's role?
He was mod killed and a noob.

OMG... well, there we go. Mystery solved. You shouldn't have given such an important role to a noob. Bad mod call. If I were you, I'd take note of those who were active and not and consider that the next time you invite people to play whatever game you start up next.

It seems like some shitty players were on squad. Either way, fun game - bs ending.
I can get behind that. I recruited some bad people. Feeling better about the current choices in my current game.

You should just let people who are showing interest sign up. When you ask people to join they might say yes just to please you without being motivated to actually partake in the game - something I'm assuming happened here.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 7:58:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/25/2014 2:19:10 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:48:17 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:44:08 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:29:29 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:26:32 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:24:16 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/25/2014 1:22:18 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Oh yes, and big shout-out to the Mod who let this turn into a popularity contest at the end. Smart move MOD.
I read the mafiascum rules. Insurgents would of won upon subutais lynch according to the rules. The SP7 shouldn't of even been extended. Although beginner complimented the idea. I thought it was an interesting experiment, to be judged by the people you helped lynch.

How is that an interesting experiment?
It hasn't been attempted in mafia. Now it has.

But this isn't mafia. It's a game you created based off of the Mafia template. It's never been attempted in Mafia because it isn't supposed to happen that way.
So it's not mafia but I should run it like mafia?

It's just that it seems like if you allow it to come down to 1 v. 1 it turns into a popularity contest instead of an exercise through reason. If you are going to use the Mafia template you might as well end it like a mafia game.

If this was like Mafia, Mikal should have just won after that last NP, not an extension allowing those who were bombed to vote.
Then what's the harm? The other was was more interesting and decisive anyways.

The harm is exactly the outcome we experienced. Squad allowing personal emotions to block rational thought. I said that I have no reason to VTB Mikal because no-one CC'd his informant claim. That's a rational train of thought - not some blind emotion that says let's VTB me because I VTB'd them. It was more interesting, sure, but not the most appropriate way in which to handle such a situation. It should have been an insurgents win before the choice was given to those who held revenge in their minds.

I'd rather that happen than allow town the opportunity to choose based off of revenge. Revenge is one of the few emotions that truly blocks reason.
Yes, but according to you, Mikal had already won.

Exactly, which is why there is no real point in allowing those who are being influenced by emotion to make an important choice. It was nothing more than the results of a Mod who fvcked up at some point and didn't have a way to save himself from his own mistakes. In turn, you saved yourself from your own errors by placing the choice on those who shouldn't have had any choice to begin with.

We should have lost regardless, especially if Mikal and I were the only ones left.
Then there was no harm

There was though, because you allowed those who should have had no say make a choice. It was an unjustified way to kill either me or mikal off. Even if I had won, it wouldn't have been a justified win. The Mod should have called the game one round sooner.

I'm somewhat cynically happy though that those fvcks voted in a manner that cost us the win.
They were noobs. It was a rare situation that Mikal had actually won before it started.
Shows everyone who reads this that they are incapable of reasoning when faced with an emotional choice.
It was a newbie dominated game

Agreed.

I don't understand how though...
Because he's a good liar
why didn't the real informant come out and CC mikal's role?
He was mod killed and a noob.

OMG... well, there we go. Mystery solved. You shouldn't have given such an important role to a noob. Bad mod call. If I were you, I'd take note of those who were active and not and consider that the next time you invite people to play whatever game you start up next.

It seems like some shitty players were on squad. Either way, fun game - bs ending.
I can get behind that. I recruited some bad people. Feeling better about the current choices in my current game.

You should just let people who are showing interest sign up. When you ask people to join they might say yes just to please you without being motivated to actually partake in the game - something I'm assuming happened here.
*Bows* I apologize for my idiotic teammates.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW