Thy Glorious Hannibal Insurgents: SP3

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:05:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Bombed Last Phase
Oromagi - Hannibal Barca, role is hidden until descendant is killed. Wins with Carthage!
[Mod Redacted - Faction leader roles pass on to the player with the lowest PM once killed. This happens once]

Items used last phase
- Sword of Jupiter. Rotated to the Cult.

Killed in Battle
No one, but do to how slow the game is going, here are a list of attempted kills
- Yamavonkarma was protected by another player or the shield of jupiter
- PeacefulChaos was protected by another player or the shield of jupiter

Killed in the Battle of Ticinius
Yama:8 votes, with 19 power measure
Peaceful Chaos: 1 vote, with 4 power measure
Forfeited: 4 votes

Yama received the majority of NK votes, but he was protected in the night by another player or the sword of jupiter (maybe both). Therefore he is still alive.

Numidian's Enter into Civil War
Event: At the injury of Hannibal during the Battle of Ticinius, the Numidian's devolved into endless squabble. Syphax and Masinissa gathered their respective armies, and moved their troops to fight against each other in Iberia. Syphax has taken arms with Carthage, while Masinissa has put his faith in Rome. Numidia may never recover from the ongoing conflict, unless Gala's crown is anointed on one of the two kings.
Result: Syphax and Masinissa are now at war, until one is killed (to win) or the crown of Gala is returned.
Updated Victory Conditions: Carthage must aid Syphax in killing Masinissa, and Rome must help Masinissa kill Syphax. Or return the crown of Gala, which will reunite the faction.

Carthago and Roma meet in Gaul
Event: Publius Scipio, receiving word that Hannibal has been fighting the Volcae in Gaul, marched his troops alongside Marcus's Claudius's own forces, anticipating that Hannibal was setting up shop there for a defensive against Rome. Unknowing to Consul Publius Scipio, Hannibal was intending on crossing the Alps. Using superior terrain, Carthago was able to push back Publius's troops.
Result: Carthage and Rome are now at war. For every phase a roman or Carthaginian are not killed, a player will become cursed.
Curse: When a player is cursed, they will instantly receive 6 PM on them during the BP, and will be unable to use their power. A curse may be cured whenever a roman or carthaginian dies, or if a doctor role heals you. The first curse will always land on a Roman or Carthaginian faction leader.

Game hints and strategies

Carthage - The first Hannibal role was killed last phase. Notice how most of the people who voted for Oromagi also claimed to be Roman, or affiliated themselves with those who had claimed Roman? It is important to note this when making your move this phase. It is very likely that someone knows who and what constitutes your faction. Be weary.

Rome - You killed a Carthaginian yesterday. While this was beneficial, you gave scum another phase to wreck havoc. The game is getting slimmer, and scum still has the most powerful say in the NK. Perhaps both sides should go for scum, although one of the faction leaders will be cursed if scum isn't hit.

Greece - So far, you guy's have done a good job staying alive. There will be a lot more pressure on you after this BP though. You will likely be under heavy fire. Remember to keep your cool, and wait out the Battle of Cannae to make your move. There will undoubtedly be fighting between Rome and Carthage.

Forces of Syphax - It may be best to claim you're numidian. Since you're affiliated with carthage (but not a part yet), Rome will be required to kill you. It is probably wise to just claim numidian, given romans will try to bomb you immediately if you claim Syphax. This is do to the loss of a carthage member, giving Rome a player advantage. Alternatively, you can try to get the crown of Gala to reunite the faction before Cannae.

Forces of Masinissa - You're at an advantage, do to the death of oromagi. Since you're affiliated with Rome, who now has a player advantage, a full claim is highly recommended at this point. Or you can go for the Crown of Gala, and attempt to reunite Numidia.

Mercenaries - No one recruited you last phase. Perhaps you need to make the offer more enticing.

Cult of the Divine - You now have your first dead recruit. You'll discover the new mechanic shortly. Remember to the new cultist, you win with your original faction, and are NOT allowed to post in the forums.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:08:16 AM
Living Players
1. ESocialBookworm
2. TS-387
3. Lannan13
4. Subutai
5. Daltonian
6. Sam Stephens
7. Yamavonkarma
8. PeacefulChaos
9. 9spaceking
10. GCL
11. Immortal
12. Thett3
13. Mikal
14. XLAV
------------------------------------
With 14 players left, it takes 7 votes to bomb, and 4 to defuse. The game will end at 2:00 am EST in two days.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:15:05 AM
This game is over

VTB Yama

For the same reasons as listed above. Peaceful used the shield of juptier to protect himself per our discussion the last dayphase. Peaceful was targeted as a night kill target, after he CCed yama

Yama is guillty

In addition to this

Thett3 is scum

He is not a roll cop or affil cop. His roll allows him to change votes for people. Meaning he can pick who someone votes for. He flat lied about his roll as well

both yama and thett3 need to die.

Yama for being CCed directly and thett3 for lying about himself being a cop.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:15:33 AM
O_O
Great.

>Thett you have some serious talking to do

Yama obviously needs to die, but do we bomb him or someone else? I'll hold off until others pitch in
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:16:17 AM
At 7/29/2014 1:15:05 AM, Mikal wrote:
This game is over

VTB Yama

For the same reasons as listed above. Peaceful used the shield of juptier to protect himself per our discussion the last dayphase. Peaceful was targeted as a night kill target, after he CCed yama

Yama is guillty

In addition to this

Thett3 is scum

He is not a roll cop or affil cop. His roll allows him to change votes for people. Meaning he can pick who someone votes for. He flat lied about his roll as well

Agree. VTB Yama
The game isn't over though, Rome v Carthage still approaches
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:22:22 AM
VTB Count
Yama (2/7) - Mikal, Daltonian
Defuse (0/4)
---------------------------
Question the events of last BP. It may be beneficial to make a claims list. However it happened, a player either intentionally or inadvertently protected Yama from a 8 vote NK.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:22:41 AM
It seems like items are a problem to the success of both factions at this point in the game.

I will hint that with my abilities as merc could be of aid to you in this regard, if you so wish to recruit me.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:25:53 AM
At 7/29/2014 1:22:41 AM, Daltonian wrote:
It seems like items are a problem to the success of both factions at this point in the game.

I will hint that with my abilities as merc could be of aid to you in this regard, if you so wish to recruit me.

I will recruit you in God's army.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:27:37 AM
At 7/29/2014 1:25:53 AM, XLAV wrote:

.. an enticing offer. God's army?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:28:07 AM
At 7/29/2014 1:27:37 AM, Daltonian wrote:
At 7/29/2014 1:25:53 AM, XLAV wrote:

.. an enticing offer. God's army?

Indeed, God's army.

Want to marry my daughter Jessica?
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:28:53 AM
At 7/29/2014 1:28:11 AM, Mikal wrote:
well get thett3 this following dayphase , but for now lets just bomb yama and move this sht along

Are you a leader of something?
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:29:44 AM
well get thett3 this following dayphase , but for now lets just bomb yama and move this sht along

^^
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:29:44 AM
At 7/29/2014 1:28:53 AM, XLAV wrote:

Are you a leader of something?

or something
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:41:34 AM
This game is over

VTB Yama

Yama is guillty

In addition to this

Thett3 is scum

Wait what? What makes you say my role allows for me to change peoples votes?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:45:36 AM
At 7/29/2014 1:41:34 AM, thett3 wrote:
This game is over

VTB Yama

Yama is guillty

In addition to this

Thett3 is scum

I verified your roll last night.

It is not a cop. You change votes

Master Tactician is it.

you are going ti die for lying mate
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:47:30 AM
At 7/29/2014 1:45:36 AM, Mikal wrote:
This game is over

VTB Yama

Yama is guillty

In addition to this

Thett3 is scum

How? What's your role?

Master Tactician is it.

Mikal...come on. We've played live mafia together. There's no way I would pull a gambit that dumb as scum and you know this
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:48:55 AM
At 7/29/2014 1:47:30 AM, thett3 wrote:
This game is over

VTB Yama

Yama is guillty

In addition to this

Thett3 is scum

How? What's your role?

Master Tactician is it.

Mikal...come on. We've played live mafia together. There's no way I would pull a gambit that dumb as scum and you know this

I just know sht about people. That is all I need to say. I cant die to night votes, and I can verify stuff

There is only one possible way in which you are telling the truth. You need to claim that happened right now if it did, or I will kill you

My roll is confirmed as I did the same thing to subtai to confirm him and I was correct

meaning my results are correct
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:51:24 AM
This game is over

VTB Yama

Yama is guillty

In addition to this

Thett3 is scum

How? What's your role?

Master Tactician is it.

There is one plausible way in which you are telling the truth, which would mean something had to happen to you last night.

If that happened, you need to claim now

I have the mechs to this game figured out well. So I think i know what happened, but if you dont claim right now, I will kill you
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:52:22 AM
At 7/29/2014 1:48:55 AM, Mikal wrote:
This game is over

VTB Yama

Yama is guillty

In addition to this

Thett3 is scum

How? What's your role?

Master Tactician is it.

I just know sht about people. That is all I need to say. I cant die to night votes, and I can verify stuff

Okay, cool. So basically you rolecopped me?

There is only one possible way in which you are telling the truth. You need to claim that happened right now if it did, or I will kill you

I really don't know what I can do to confirm myself. I called out and led a lynch on scum, and theres no way I would say something stupid like my affiliation cop role giving my rolecop results if I was scum...

My roll is confirmed as I did the same thing to subtai to confirm him and I was correct

DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:53:14 AM
This game is over

VTB Yama

Yama is guillty

In addition to this

Thett3 is scum

How? What's your role?

Master Tactician is it.

Are you telling the truth?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:53:16 AM
At 7/29/2014 1:52:22 AM, thett3 wrote:
This game is over

VTB Yama

Yama is guillty

In addition to this

Thett3 is scum

How? What's your role?

Master Tactician is it.

I really don't know what I can do to confirm myself. I called out and led a lynch on scum, and theres no way I would say something stupid like my affiliation cop role giving my rolecop results if I was scum...

thett3 I used your roll, you are lying to me
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:54:49 AM
This game is over

VTB Yama

Yama is guillty

In addition to this

Thett3 is scum

How? What's your role?

Master Tactician is it.

There is one way in which you are telling the truth, meaning something changed in your pm and (x) action occured

full claim now

you are lying because yes I verified your roll, but I had a way I could use it as well. I was able to both verify and use your roll

thett3 stop lying to me buddy, you know im to good for that lol
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:57:56 AM
At 7/29/2014 1:54:49 AM, Mikal wrote:
This game is over

VTB Yama

Yama is guillty

In addition to this

Thett3 is scum

How? What's your role?

Master Tactician is it.

There is one way in which you are telling the truth, meaning something changed in your pm and (x) action occured

Nothing happened. I guess you don't have the mechanic totally figured out

full claim now

you are lying because yes I verified your roll, but I had a way I could use it as well. I was able to both verify and use your roll

I'm not lying, and I don't really know what to say other than if you take a step back and look at what I did I've been pretty pro town except for lurking but even that I didn't actually do--I've just been busy IRL. Did you visit me last night, Mikal?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 2:01:54 AM

I'm not lying, and I don't really know what to say other than if you take a step back and look at what I did I've been pretty pro town except for lurking but even that I didn't actually do--I've just been busy IRL. Did you visit me last night, Mikal?

Yes I visited you, or at least I assume that is how it works

(a) You did not lead a lynch on scum, oro was town
(b) The only way you are not lying is if you are the new hannibal
(c) My role gives me the title of a persons roll and allows me to use it

Your roll was verified as Master Tactician, which ironically is what Hanibal was called. So either you were a cop that turned into hannibal and your "redirect vote" thing, is the same results you got on oro

meaning you investigated oro and got "redirector" meaning hanibals roll was being able to redirect votes. After we lynched him you got the roll, and when I targeted you, that was the roll I got

If that did not happen you are flat lying to because my results can't fail.

Full claim now then, this is your last chance

Character, Affil, roll , and justi

you have 5 mins
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 2:04:38 AM
At 7/29/2014 1:57:56 AM, thett3 wrote:

You claimed an investigative role, and also claimed your report indirectly/directly indicated he (Oro) was scum.

He was not.

You fully knew as a prerequisite that if Oro was inno, you'd have explaining to do as exactly:
1) what went fatally wrong for you to think Oro was scum
2) the mechanics of your role and your claim, and how these mechanics indicate possibility of your innocence

Do that explaining. Mikal, based upon his knowledge, seems to think there is only one correct answer. He seems more trustworthy at the moment. What is your explanation?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 2:10:47 AM
At 7/29/2014 1:57:56 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/29/2014 1:54:49 AM, Mikal wrote:

you have a few more minuets thett3
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 2:12:43 AM
At 7/29/2014 2:01:54 AM, Mikal wrote:

Yes I visited you, or at least I assume that is how it works

That's impossible. Well, unless the mod messed up. My role is incredibly confusing but he said that I was affiliation cop and PGO. You should've died.

(a) You did not lead a lynch on scum, oro was town

Oh. I must be flavored then. He siad I was paranoid cop, but confirmed in the PM that I was affiliation cop and PGO so I assumed that's what he meant by "paranoid". But why the role results? Hmm..

(b) The only way you are not lying is if you are the new hannibal

I am the new Hannibal actually. I didn;t think it was a good idea to claim it since it's a faction leader, but I don't want to get mislynched. Is there a way for me to verify? (tomorrow. I'm going to sleep now)

(c) My role gives me the title of a persons roll and allows me to use it

Your roll was verified as Master Tactician, which ironically is what Hanibal was called. So either you were a cop that turned into hannibal and your "redirect vote" thing, is the same results you got on oro

meaning you investigated oro and got "redirector" meaning hanibals roll was being able to redirect votes. After we lynched him you got the roll, and when I targeted you, that was the roll I got

If that did not happen you are flat lying to because my results can't fail.

Full claim now then, this is your last chance

Character, Affil, roll , and justi

you have 5 mins

My first character was Hasdrubal Barcid. He told me I was paranoid cop because I was the worst general in the war but I cause a lot of destruction--he said that I could cop people and if people visit me they will die. Now I'm the new Hannibal.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett