Beginners' Mafia 28.1: DP5

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 11:05:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Thett - You are the VIRGIN. If lynched, you prevent all NKs the subsequent NP. You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD

9space
XLAV
YYW
Esocial
Oro
Endark
Thett

LIVING PLAYERS

Wylted
Dalt
JMK

With 3 players remaining, it takes 2 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 11:59pm, DDO time, on 8/6/14.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 11:11:53 PM
I'm going offline and to sleep now. Had a long day.
I will be online all day tomorrow, so I'll be here then to make my case.

Gonna be loooong and hard, but I'm ready.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 11:17:02 PM
At 8/4/2014 11:11:53 PM, Daltonian wrote:

You and JMK should both VTL each other before you log off.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 11:18:12 PM

Don't say long and hard it distracts The mod.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 11:20:13 PM
At 8/4/2014 11:18:12 PM, Wylted wrote:

It's only distracting when YYW is also mentioned.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 11:29:14 PM
At 8/4/2014 11:20:13 PM, bsh1 wrote:

*cue kinky thoughts*
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 11:29:41 PM
Town's fate rests on your shoulders.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 11:31:18 PM

*returns from the grave*

So naughty, mod. So naughty.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 11:33:11 PM
At 8/4/2014 11:31:18 PM, YYW wrote:

*returns from the grave*

I know...but when it comes to you, it's hard for me not to have some naughty thoughts ;)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 11:37:03 PM
At 8/4/2014 11:33:11 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 8/4/2014 11:31:18 PM, YYW wrote:

*returns from the grave*

I know...but when it comes to you, it's hard for me not to have some naughty thoughts ;)

Don't worry it's an easy decision. I'm just waiting for both of them to VTL each other.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 12:22:38 AM
If both of you guys want to make a huge case against each other and than vote to save your respective factions fine. I assume that's what Dalton is doing as I type this.
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 2:11:44 AM
I don't have too much time at this point, so I likely won't be responding to anything tomorrow.

At this point, I think it's quite obvious by POE that Daltonian is scum. I haven't done anything scummy, hard-claimed IMMEDIATELY during DP1, and announced promptly and transparently whom I was night-killing. The only case Dalt offered was that "X player sort of implicated that I could have been town." Of course, I noted, even when Annie sort of suspected me that I wasn't clear, but that there was no reason, at that point, to suspect me of wrongdoing -- and Wylted and Endark were in agreement.

He said himself that there quite likely was NOT a mafia roleblocker. Why would I, as a scum, fakeclaim ROLEBLOCKER? It doesn't make any sense. I noted during DP1 that the role was scummy in nature.

With that, I leave my fate and the fate of the town in Wylted's hands.

VTL Daltonian
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 2:12:56 AM
At 8/5/2014 2:11:44 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
I don't have too much time at this point, so I likely won't be responding to anything tomorrow.

At this point, I think it's quite obvious by POE that Daltonian is scum. I haven't done anything scummy, hard-claimed IMMEDIATELY during DP1, and announced promptly and transparently whom I was night-killing. The only case Dalt offered was that "X player sort of implicated that I could have been town." Of course, I noted, even when Annie sort of suspected me that I wasn't clear, but that there was no reason, at that point, to suspect me of wrongdoing -- and Wylted and Endark were in agreement.

He said himself that there quite likely was NOT a mafia roleblocker. Why would I, as a scum, fakeclaim ROLEBLOCKER? It doesn't make any sense. I noted during DP1 that the role was scummy in nature.

With that, I leave my fate and the fate of the town in Wylted's hands.

VTL Daltonian

*roleblocking

Did I really say NIGHT-KILLING? Dear God, I've been playing too much live mafia.

I'm assuming that this one BS, 3-am slipup won't change Wylted's mind, but if it does, it's deserved: I am town, but do as you will.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 10:41:27 AM
Ok, well now it's for me to make my case..

In so many mafia games, the scum team and DP1 itself usually consist of a lot of banter and accusations, a few claims, and one maf who claims out the gate and is wrongfully trusted throughout the entire game. FMPOV, and what should be yours too, this is obviously what has happened.

On the first day period, I lead an attempted lynch on Arctimes for a pressure claim. After that was shot down by the rest of the town, I joined Wylted in his lynch on Oromagi after briefly having voted for Thett.

Why would JMK claim roleblocker? I think the answer to that question is obvious. What reason isn't there for a maf to claim a role no one thinks a maf will claim?

JMK has shared the attributes of the rest of the scum team, being lurky and mysterious, and on every occasion, only really appearing when he needs to defend himself.

I claimed DP2, smartly, even if JMK would have preferred if I'd totally outed my role and made myself useless to town. Obviously, my claim worked, as it went over the head of JMK, and Endark (probably), esocial, and Wylted all caught it. That was what mattered. The scum weren't supposed to catch it.

Wylted, as said in previous, the fate of town lies in your hands. I am fairly sure this is a good thing, but being ever paranoid, I hope that this isn't an epic fail on my part in trusting you :P

Anyway, getting back to the point, throughout the game, I have never voted once in a lynch that was anti-town in any way. I've displayed no anti-town behaviour. It doesn't make sense for me to be town, regardless of how well JMK thinks he played.

VTL JMK
Good luck :(
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 11:06:55 AM

LOL :')
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 12:55:13 PM
@JMK, why did you say that? I put a lot of weight into Freudian slips. I think mafia was making some good choices as far as. NK's, so how much weight I put into how intelligent Dalton is.

@Dalton, You've failed to show much independent thinking. Soft claimed bomb and than later on full claimed it.

Both of you seemed to focus on looking town as opposed to scum hunting. JMK quite aggressively at times was a little overly concerned with anyone seeing him as scum. Dalton just went with the flow too much and seemed to just sheep me the whole game.

Being in 2 other games with Dalton I can tell you he's acting different this game. A lot more passive this game. The late soft claim for Dalton was actually pretty safe, seeing as there was a role cop on the scum team.

JMK's super early claim gives him a huge amount of town cred as it should, and is especially ballsy given that his team mates were pretty inactive. If JMK wins as scum he deserves to for the ballsy risk paying off.

VTL Dalton
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 1:01:34 PM
At 8/5/2014 12:55:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
@JMK, why did you say that? I put a lot of weight into Freudian slips. I think mafia was making some good choices as far as. NK's, so how much weight I put into how intelligent Dalton is.

@Dalton, You've failed to show much independent thinking. Soft claimed bomb and than later on full claimed it.

Both of you seemed to focus on looking town as opposed to scum hunting. JMK quite aggressively at times was a little overly concerned with anyone seeing him as scum. Dalton just went with the flow too much and seemed to just sheep me the whole game.

Being in 2 other games with Dalton I can tell you he's acting different this game. A lot more passive this game. The late soft claim for Dalton was actually pretty safe, seeing as there was a role cop on the scum team.

JMK's super early claim gives him a huge amount of town cred as it should, and is especially ballsy given that his team mates were pretty inactive. If JMK wins as scum he deserves to for the ballsy risk paying off.

VTL Dalton

It wasn't a soft claim, I used the same terminology I did when I later claimed it. JMK hasn't done anything to solidly prove himself as the role blocker. Scum early claiming a role for credibility is a common gamble.

I can't do anything to prove myself as the bomb, as it's not confirmable.

I scum hunted for Arctimes/XLAV at the beginning of the game. If you go back, you'll see that I lead the lynch on him because he has a history of being inactive and not participating unless he has an easy role for him to understand. It's his meta. If people had gone along with me, we'd have lynched him.

JMK has done nothing.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 1:02:25 PM
At 8/5/2014 1:01:34 PM, Daltonian wrote:

I scum hunted for Arctimes/XLAV at the beginning of the game. If you go back, you'll see that I lead the lynch on him because he has a history of being inactive and not participating unless he has an easy role for him to understand. It's his meta. If people had gone along with me, we'd have lynched him.

JMK has done nothing.

By the above, I mean Arctimes, not XLAV; xlav wasn't in the game yet.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 2:01:29 PM
At 8/5/2014 12:55:13 PM, Wylted wrote:

It was an accident; I played a live mafia game earlier that day I was modding, and spoke in terms of night kills quite often. And it was about 3 or 4 a.m. when I posted that.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 2:04:00 PM
At 8/5/2014 10:41:27 AM, Daltonian wrote:

JMK has shared the attributes of the rest of the scum team, being lurky and mysterious, and on every occasion, only really appearing when he needs to defend himself.

Actually, I've been SIGNIFICANTLY more active then you, and missed only a page and a half, so that is complete and utter BS.

I claimed DP2, smartly, even if JMK would have preferred if I'd totally outed my role and made myself useless to town. Obviously, my claim worked, as it went over the head of JMK, and Endark (probably), esocial, and Wylted all caught it. That was what mattered. The scum weren't supposed to catch it.

Actually, Wylted, Endark, and myself didn't know you had claimed, and this irrelevant because if you want to make the case that the earlier the better, you'd still lose because I claimed earlier.

I also asked you about three times for your DP2 where you claimed, or where Annie said she knew you claimed, and you've provided zilch.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 2:07:26 PM
Well, I've gotta head out, so I won't have time to respond to any more BS Daltonian has to say -- e.g., "JMK has done nothing to prove he's town" -- so all I'm going to say is: Wylted, make the right decision. This is literally auto.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 2:28:14 PM
FINAL TALLY

Dalt (2/2) - JMK, Wylted
JMK (1/2) - Dalt

(Wylted, remember to bold votes in future.)

RESULTS

Endgame up later this evening.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 2:57:15 PM
Good choice, Wylted!
~JohnMaynardKeynes

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 3:06:42 PM
At 8/5/2014 2:57:15 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
Good choice, Wylted!

That could mean anything. I'm actually pretty comfortable with it, though.
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 3:07:05 PM
At 8/5/2014 3:06:42 PM, Wylted wrote:
Good choice, Wylted!

I'm town, dude, we won, lol.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 3:14:52 PM
At 8/5/2014 3:07:05 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
Good choice, Wylted!

I figured. BSH1 seemed to confirm that in OITNB game after my vote was up. He used his scum behavior in this game to help with analysis in that one.

I repeat he only did this after the game officially ended.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 3:27:03 PM
At 8/5/2014 3:14:52 PM, Wylted wrote:
Good choice, Wylted!

I figured. BSH1 seemed to confirm that in OITNB game after my vote was up. He used his scum behavior in this game to help with analysis in that one.

W8, what?
Do I already have a meta? lol
Good Game. I tried :(
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 3:29:44 PM
At 8/5/2014 3:27:03 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 8/5/2014 3:14:52 PM, Wylted wrote:
Good choice, Wylted!

W8, what?
Do I already have a meta? lol
Good Game. I tried :(

Good game, man! No hard feelings? =(.
~JohnMaynardKeynes