Total Posts:707|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

OITNB Mafia - DAY PHASE 2

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 11:52:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
[ Living Players ]

01. Bullish
02. Mikal
03. rross
04. Ifly
05. Endark
06. Wylted
07. bsh1
08. Daltonian
09. YYW
10. 9spaceking *
11. XLAV
12. tulle
13. Buddamoose
14. SolonKR
15. BicMac
16. tvellalott *

[ Graveyard ]

TUF - You are Yvonne "Vee" Parker, the Cult Recruiter. Just as things start going smoothly, you show up to cause controversy and division amongst the inmates which creates problems for the staff. You're undoubtedly the baddest b!tch in Litchfield. However, your power of persuasion has led many to take your side and back you up despite being an evil witch. As such, you may attempt to recruit a player into the Cult each night phase. If you attempt to recruit someone who is not aligned with the town, you will die. You win if the Cult becomes a majority by the end of the game.

Khaos - You are Nicky Nichols, a town Tracker. You're nosey and like to keep your eye on the inmates and see who's up to what (plus, you're a heroin junkie so you probably have TRACK marks, ha). Each night phase you may track a player and see who they visit for any reason during the night phase. You win with the town.

* TUF and Khaos will likely replace some people for inactivity, but I'll give it a little more time.

The day phase will end on Friday or Saturday night (August 8th or 9th) around 8 pm EST. It's ambiguous for now because I want to see how the DP goes, plus I have plans Friday night. However I will undoubtedly give you at least 12 hours notice before ending the DP.

You need 9 votes to carry out a lynch.
President of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:03:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'd like to hear some results if there are any ones of note.

For now, I would like Mikal to contribute something cogent and substantive. 9space, YYW, and TV need to be more active, and I would like to see some takes on the last few pages of last DP.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:06:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
MY READS

If anyone is interested, here are my thoughts. It's not really fair for me to constantly ask for yours if I don't occasionally provide mine.

01. Bullish - slight scum
11. XLAV - slight scum

05. Endark - slight town
08. Daltonian - town
13. Buddamoose - slight town

Re: everyone else, I am still collecting my thoughts on them, would like to hear more from them, or am presently nullreading them.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:07:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
There are a few posts from last DP I am interested in discussing here. I don't think I have time tonight, but I will search for them tomorrow, and bring them up at that time.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:11:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 12:03:31 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I'd like to hear some results if there are any ones of note.

For now, I would like Mikal to contribute something cogent and substantive. 9space, YYW, and TV need to be more active, and I would like to see some takes on the last few pages of last DP.

I tried to get something in at the last DP!

*he said, knowing that it was really too late to be useful*
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:12:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 12:11:26 AM, YYW wrote:
At 8/7/2014 12:03:31 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I'd like to hear some results if there are any ones of note.

For now, I would like Mikal to contribute something cogent and substantive. 9space, YYW, and TV need to be more active, and I would like to see some takes on the last few pages of last DP.

I tried to get something in at the last DP!

*he said, knowing that it was really too late to be useful*

It's okay, I saw. Hopefully, you'll have more time this DP :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:13:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm going to be busy 10am to 2-3pm tomorrow. I may or may not be away on Sunday all day. I'll work it out. I'm also heading to bed within minutes.

Needless to say, Khaos's results would have been useful. Hopefully he returns..

- Did Solon shoot Khaos? If not, is it safe to assume a sk is in play?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:17:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Godd I've waited too long for this to get up. It's 1:15 am where I am and I have to go to sleep, I have a babysitting job tomorrow.

Good night, people ^-^
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:20:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 12:13:43 AM, Daltonian wrote:
I'm going to be busy 10am to 2-3pm tomorrow. I may or may not be away on Sunday all day. I'll work it out. I'm also heading to bed within minutes.

Needless to say, Khaos's results would have been useful. Hopefully he returns..

- Did Solon shoot Khaos? If not, is it safe to assume a sk is in play?

I looked back and Solon said he would shoot Khaos at one point.

...
Solon?
Who did you shoot?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:21:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 12:12:27 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 8/7/2014 12:11:26 AM, YYW wrote:
At 8/7/2014 12:03:31 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I'd like to hear some results if there are any ones of note.

For now, I would like Mikal to contribute something cogent and substantive. 9space, YYW, and TV need to be more active, and I would like to see some takes on the last few pages of last DP.

I tried to get something in at the last DP!

*he said, knowing that it was really too late to be useful*

It's okay, I saw. Hopefully, you'll have more time this DP :)

I hope so...

What needs to happen is that people need to get their [censored by the DDO elite] together. That means:

The town needs a leader, and one who knows how to apply pressure where needed to get people to break. Why Budda is all of a sudden less aggressive is conspicuous to me. I have a theory why, but there's not enough evidence to know. Though a change in behavior/meta isn't necessarily scummy, it's not not scummy either. It's not a big deal, but just something I've noticed.

I think we need to return to Bullish. I VTL'd him in the last DP because what he suggested would have helped the mafia and he has been around long enough that he would have known that. I explained why in the previous DP, at the end. That is something people might want to review.

I have fair town reads on bsh1 (who, unlike bullish, at least explains why he reads the way he does), budda (who is less useful this game than he has been in the past), Daltonion (for the same reasons as bsh) and that's all I'll say at this point. They have all been playing pretty pro-town, which is good.

I won't be around tomorrow to do the super-scum-hunt thing (if I even could- lol), but I'll try to log on tomorrow night and post some reflective thoughts.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:25:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 12:21:17 AM, YYW wrote:
At 8/7/2014 12:12:27 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 8/7/2014 12:11:26 AM, YYW wrote:
At 8/7/2014 12:03:31 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I'd like to hear some results if there are any ones of note.

For now, I would like Mikal to contribute something cogent and substantive. 9space, YYW, and TV need to be more active, and I would like to see some takes on the last few pages of last DP.

I tried to get something in at the last DP!

*he said, knowing that it was really too late to be useful*

It's okay, I saw. Hopefully, you'll have more time this DP :)

I hope so...

What needs to happen is that people need to get their [censored by the DDO elite] together. That means:

The town needs a leader, and one who knows how to apply pressure where needed to get people to break. Why Budda is all of a sudden less aggressive is conspicuous to me. I have a theory why, but there's not enough evidence to know. Though a change in behavior/meta isn't necessarily scummy, it's not not scummy either. It's not a big deal, but just something I've noticed.

I have some thoughts on Budda too that I'd like to share--tomorrow maybe. But I disagree that town needs a leader; that just encourages sheeping.

I think we need to return to Bullish. I VTL'd him in the last DP because what he suggested would have helped the mafia and he has been around long enough that he would have known that. I explained why in the previous DP, at the end. That is something people might want to review.

Okay--but I am reluctant to rush to VTL someone for death. The longer the DP is, the harder it is for mafia to lurk and the likelier it is that they will inadvertently reveal themselves to town.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:26:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 12:20:16 AM, Daltonian wrote:
At 8/7/2014 12:13:43 AM, Daltonian wrote:
I'm going to be busy 10am to 2-3pm tomorrow. I may or may not be away on Sunday all day. I'll work it out. I'm also heading to bed within minutes.

Needless to say, Khaos's results would have been useful. Hopefully he returns..

- Did Solon shoot Khaos? If not, is it safe to assume a sk is in play?

I looked back and Solon said he would shoot Khaos at one point.

...
Solon?
Who did you shoot?

The question is not "who" but "why".

@SOLON - Why did you shoot at all, and why did you choose who you chose?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:27:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 12:25:16 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 8/7/2014 12:21:17 AM, YYW wrote:
At 8/7/2014 12:12:27 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 8/7/2014 12:11:26 AM, YYW wrote:
At 8/7/2014 12:03:31 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I'd like to hear some results if there are any ones of note.

For now, I would like Mikal to contribute something cogent and substantive. 9space, YYW, and TV need to be more active, and I would like to see some takes on the last few pages of last DP.

I tried to get something in at the last DP!

*he said, knowing that it was really too late to be useful*

It's okay, I saw. Hopefully, you'll have more time this DP :)

I hope so...

What needs to happen is that people need to get their [censored by the DDO elite] together. That means:

The town needs a leader, and one who knows how to apply pressure where needed to get people to break. Why Budda is all of a sudden less aggressive is conspicuous to me. I have a theory why, but there's not enough evidence to know. Though a change in behavior/meta isn't necessarily scummy, it's not not scummy either. It's not a big deal, but just something I've noticed.

I have some thoughts on Budda too that I'd like to share--tomorrow maybe.

Tomorrow as in the next day or tomorrow as in the next DP?

But I disagree that town needs a leader; that just encourages sheeping.

That there is a leader does not mean that there will necessarily be sheeping, but what I mean by "leader" is someone to orient the town's power. Last DP was a clusterfuck. This one need not be wasted.

I think we need to return to Bullish. I VTL'd him in the last DP because what he suggested would have helped the mafia and he has been around long enough that he would have known that. I explained why in the previous DP, at the end. That is something people might want to review.

Okay--but I am reluctant to rush to VTL someone for death. The longer the DP is, the harder it is for mafia to lurk and the likelier it is that they will inadvertently reveal themselves to town.

The DP needs to be long, yes. Also, the longer the DP is the more likely I am to have time to post lol
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 12:43:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 12:27:54 AM, YYW wrote:
At 8/7/2014 12:25:16 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 8/7/2014 12:21:17 AM, YYW wrote:
The town needs a leader, and one who knows how to apply pressure where needed to get people to break. Why Budda is all of a sudden less aggressive is conspicuous to me. I have a theory why, but there's not enough evidence to know. Though a change in behavior/meta isn't necessarily scummy, it's not not scummy either. It's not a big deal, but just something I've noticed.

I have some thoughts on Budda too that I'd like to share--tomorrow maybe.

Tomorrow as in the next day or tomorrow as in the next DP?

As in this evening, the 7th of August, 2014.

But I disagree that town needs a leader; that just encourages sheeping.

That there is a leader does not mean that there will necessarily be sheeping, but what I mean by "leader" is someone to orient the town's power. Last DP was a clusterfuck. This one need not be wasted.

I disagree that last DP as a mess...certainly by not allowing ourselves to "orient" too much, we avoid tunneling. Things will also get more organized as the game shrinks, I think. But I do feel that having a single "leader" does tend to promote sheeping, which isn't always good for town.

I think we need to return to Bullish. I VTL'd him in the last DP because what he suggested would have helped the mafia and he has been around long enough that he would have known that. I explained why in the previous DP, at the end. That is something people might want to review.

Okay--but I am reluctant to rush to VTL someone for death. The longer the DP is, the harder it is for mafia to lurk and the likelier it is that they will inadvertently reveal themselves to town.

The DP needs to be long, yes. Also, the longer the DP is the more likely I am to have time to post lol

Rofl...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:08:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 1:03:35 AM, Mikal wrote:
ima read this when i get home entirely, but cult kill is amazing

Likely mafia shot the cult, based on Dalt's claim that Solon was going to Vig Khaos. This *may* indicate that TUF was hitting home with some of his FOS's or analysis.

Did you read DP1?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:16:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 1:08:17 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 8/7/2014 1:03:35 AM, Mikal wrote:
ima read this when i get home entirely, but cult kill is amazing

Likely mafia shot the cult, based on Dalt's claim that Solon was going to Vig Khaos. This *may* indicate that TUF was hitting home with some of his FOS's or analysis.

Did you read DP1?

glanced through most of it, Im going to read it now that i have results to compare it with

I never read the first DP the first DP until i can re read it with results to place in with claims and what not. The one thing that is awesome is that cults recruit would not go through if it got vigged im assuming
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:17:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well, I'm done for the night. Adios!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 2:29:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 12:13:43 AM, Daltonian wrote:
I'm going to be busy 10am to 2-3pm tomorrow. I may or may not be away on Sunday all day. I'll work it out. I'm also heading to bed within minutes.

Needless to say, Khaos's results would have been useful. Hopefully he returns..

- Did Solon shoot Khaos? If not, is it safe to assume a sk is in play?

I did. From the way Danielle worded it in the PM, I thought I would have time to change my mind. I didn't.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 2:35:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 12:26:23 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 8/7/2014 12:20:16 AM, Daltonian wrote:
At 8/7/2014 12:13:43 AM, Daltonian wrote:
I'm going to be busy 10am to 2-3pm tomorrow. I may or may not be away on Sunday all day. I'll work it out. I'm also heading to bed within minutes.

Needless to say, Khaos's results would have been useful. Hopefully he returns..

- Did Solon shoot Khaos? If not, is it safe to assume a sk is in play?

I looked back and Solon said he would shoot Khaos at one point.

...
Solon?
Who did you shoot?

The question is not "who" but "why".

@SOLON - Why did you shoot at all, and why did you choose who you chose?

Because Danielle prompted me in the PM to submit it quickly. At the time I submitted, I thought Khaos asking me to shoot in exchange for him claiming was scummy. I figured I'd have time to think about it anyway. Evidentally, I was wrong. I didn't expect a few-hour long NP. In other words, I f***ed up. *cries and hides in a corner*
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
rross
Posts: 2,772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 2:42:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 2:35:30 AM, SolonKR wrote:

I think you made a sound decision, although it turned out to be the wrong one. Several people thought he was scummy, including me.

It's interesting that mafia killed TUF instead of you. They must have thought you'd be protected I guess.
rross
Posts: 2,772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 3:22:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've asked to be replaced.

I am town, and for the sake of my replacement, I want to explain why I was so suspicious of khaos in DP1. It was because his soft claim seemed to be describing my character and/or role (obviously he wasn't) and I wanted him to be more definite, and when he wouldn't I got suspicious.

So I'm kind of taking on khaos' soft claim. It's possible my replacement won't see the connection but it's pretty obvious to me.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 3:24:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ok, see, my hyper-activity in games becomes such a constant that people immediately see it as scummy that i'm not hyper-active, ignoring that i'm hyler-active as scum proportionally as often as when i'm town. Oh wells, dems da breaks.

Everyone

1) Hyper-activity in two games at the same time is damn near impossible. Look at hpw I ws hyper-active DP1, in X-men. No other games i signed up for going, so of course I was hyper-active. Then look at the first 2/3rds of this DP. Hyper-active again. Until X-men DP2 started. Then my hyper-activity reduced to regular ol activity. Which is still more active then 90% of all players on this site at their most active, but still. Not as active as i was. Factor in also that:

2) I've been i transit pretty much across country the past two days. So unless i've been at the terminal where theres wi-fi, my data connection can be clasified as marginal at best, non-existent at worst. So thats pretty much left me with little time to actually extensively post and analyze than i would prefer.

3) I just arrived, but i dont see my activity picking back up again to hyper levels for a lil bit. I'm finally going to see my family that i havent seen in 4 years, and simply put, i'll be spending time with them as a top priority, not mafia.

Now then, onto the game:

I'll role claim now as, based off the result i got last night, i'm likely useless role-wise. And to those who cant make the connection themselves, this is the unspoken reason i refused to claim. I wanted to see what result i got.

I'm a cop.

For the love of god, if anyone is a cop also, keep ur mouth shut cause i investigated myself and got a guilty. Which means i'm flavored, either insane or paranoid. To pre-empt any requests for justification, i dont have one. My PM is literally, You are (...), a (....), each night you may (...), you win with the town.

Regardless, i'm going to start out: VTL Tulle . I want to see activity from her, as, except for the beginning of the DP, she pretty much dissapeared off the face of this game. Hopefully my vote spurs activity from her.

Hopefully, also, votes arent going to be required to spur activity from other players. In other words, inactives need to start posting. This constant fight against 1/3 to 1/2 the players i each game not posting is pretty much the reason why i've stopped playing the last two times i've come back.

I'm contemplating starting up some sort of thread, wherein players that are inactive, and need to be replaced, or even just plain inactive, are levied games suspensions for tje inactivity. Cause honestly, it detracts too much from games for it to be something thats tolerated, and players that are constantly inactive, allowed to join game after game without repercussion.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 4:05:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 3:24:35 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Ok, see, my hyper-activity in games becomes such a constant that people immediately see it as scummy that i'm not hyper-active, ignoring that i'm hyler-active as scum proportionally as often as when i'm town. Oh wells, dems da breaks.

Everyone

1) Hyper-activity in two games at the same time is damn near impossible. Look at hpw I ws hyper-active DP1, in X-men. No other games i signed up for going, so of course I was hyper-active. Then look at the first 2/3rds of this DP. Hyper-active again. Until X-men DP2 started. Then my hyper-activity reduced to regular ol activity. Which is still more active then 90% of all players on this site at their most active, but still. Not as active as i was. Factor in also that:

2) I've been i transit pretty much across country the past two days. So unless i've been at the terminal where theres wi-fi, my data connection can be clasified as marginal at best, non-existent at worst. So thats pretty much left me with little time to actually extensively post and analyze than i would prefer.

3) I just arrived, but i dont see my activity picking back up again to hyper levels for a lil bit. I'm finally going to see my family that i havent seen in 4 years, and simply put, i'll be spending time with them as a top priority, not mafia.

Now then, onto the game:

I'll role claim now as, based off the result i got last night, i'm likely useless role-wise. And to those who cant make the connection themselves, this is the unspoken reason i refused to claim. I wanted to see what result i got.

I'm a cop.

For the love of god, if anyone is a cop also, keep ur mouth shut cause i investigated myself and got a guilty. Which means i'm flavored, either insane or paranoid. To pre-empt any requests for justification, i dont have one. My PM is literally, You are (...), a (....), each night you may (...), you win with the town.

Regardless, i'm going to start out: VTL Tulle . I want to see activity from her, as, except for the beginning of the DP, she pretty much dissapeared off the face of this game. Hopefully my vote spurs activity from her.

Hopefully, also, votes arent going to be required to spur activity from other players. In other words, inactives need to start posting. This constant fight against 1/3 to 1/2 the players i each game not posting is pretty much the reason why i've stopped playing the last two times i've come back.

I'm contemplating starting up some sort of thread, wherein players that are inactive, and need to be replaced, or even just plain inactive, are levied games suspensions for tje inactivity. Cause honestly, it detracts too much from games for it to be something thats tolerated, and players that are constantly inactive, allowed to join game after game without repercussion.

I still have to catch up on this but there are a few things that strike me as odd, and appear scummy to me

(a) Your activity in my other game I will attest for, so any lack of activity in this is understandable. As you are both inactive and have family stuff, but ill shoo the sht with that and move on

the thing that strikes me as odd is why investigate yourself first. That is like assuming you are flavored and checking it. A self investigation usually follows a result that was not expected. Ie you get a guilty on someone and lynch and they flip inno, or someone is town confirmed and you get a guitly

Why would you start investigating yourself first. To be honest (if you have not), as I have to catch up on the DP and scroll through a sht ton of fluff, you should probably character claim. So I can follow your line of logic as to why you investigated yourself

There had to be a reason, as most cops would not start with a selfie.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 4:11:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Mikal, if you want to know my motive for doing a flavor check, you need only look at the list of potential roles in the game.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 4:19:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Basically, anyone who sees the definitive possibility of flavored cops, and doesnt flavor check, cause "you can always potentially do so after unnecessarily causing a townie death" is a blazing fool.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 4:26:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 4:11:35 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Mikal, if you want to know my motive for doing a flavor check, you need only look at the list of potential roles in the game.

It's not that i don't buy a flavor check, even with some of the claims we have it just strikes me odd as your first move.

The way you claimed that you are expecting a CC, like you know for a fact there is another cop.

Telling the other cop not to out, would cover your sht and make the claim seem more legit. A flavor claim is a great way to pull off a 2 cop gambit, push miss lynches, and give you a great fake claim. It would be a risky gambit but it would pay off, because a cop and a flavored cop is viable and who would think mafia would try and pull a gambit like that.

You were willing to out openly which bothers the liiving fuk out of me as well. You could have easily targeted someone else to see if you got guilty or innocent to determine what flavor you are, but after you got a guilty on yourself you were willing to out yourself as an investigative roll without even trying to figure out what the flavor is. If you are paranoid, the results would just work backwards and you could work with that ad actually come up with a viable result that could confirm your claim

Your not a dipshitI dont have to explain this to you

If you investigated yourself guilty

Then when you investigate (x person) . if they flip guilty, then you are still working under the same logic. If they flip innocent then you are paranoid. Insane would allow you to work the same was as a normal cop and you could work the results backwards. (I'm stating common sense at this point). So why not investigate a few more people to see if you are in fact paranoid , or explore the possibility you are insane.

You were way to willing to out that without much pressure on you

it would be far more viable to claim that after you got more results, not right after you investigated yourself.

you already outed yourself as a cop, you may as well through your character and justification without. There is virtually no reason not to at this point

VTL Buddah until he is willing to finish his claim.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 4:29:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 4:26:29 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 8/7/2014 4:11:35 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Mikal, if you want to know my motive for doing a flavor check, you need only look at the list of potential roles in the game.

It's not that i don't buy a flavor check, even with some of the claims we have it just strikes me odd as your first move.

The way you claimed that you are expecting a CC, like you know for a fact there is another cop.

Telling the other cop not to out, would cover your sht and make the claim seem more legit. A flavor claim is a great way to pull off a 2 cop gambit, push miss lynches, and give you a great fake claim. It would be a risky gambit but it would pay off, because a cop and a flavored cop is viable and who would think mafia would try and pull a gambit like that.

You were willing to out openly which bothers the liiving fuk out of me as well. You could have easily targeted someone else to see if you got guilty or innocent to determine what flavor you are, but after you got a guilty on yourself you were willing to out yourself as an investigative roll without even trying to figure out what the flavor is. If you insane, the results would just work backwards and you could work with that ad actually come up with a viable result that could confirm your claim

Your not a dipshitI dont have to explain this to you

If you investigated yourself guilty

Then when you investigate (x person) . if they flip guilty, then you are still working under the same logic. If they flip innocent then you are paranoid. Insane would allow you to work the same was as a normal cop and you could work the results backwards. (I'm stating common sense at this point). So why not investigate a few more people to see if you are in fact paranoid , or explore the possibility you are insane.

You were way to willing to out that without much pressure on you



it would be far more viable to claim that after you got more results, not right after you investigated yourself.

you already outed yourself as a cop, you may as well through your character and justification without. There is virtually no reason not to at this point

VTL Buddah until he is willing to finish his claim.

Fixed

basically I'm stating that it seems like you know you are paranoid, because if you dismissed the chance to see if you were insane before claiming, which would have been far more beneficial, especially without much pressure on you

Just from that post alone, It;s like im reading your claim as *paranoid* without the possibility of being insane. That bothers met to much , like way to much.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 4:41:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Anyway off for the night and will be home at like 6 tomorrow night.

For now my FOS stays on buddah for the reasons I listed above

(a) openly outed he was a flavored cop without first trying to see if he was insane.
(b) Wrote that entire thing, as if he was claiming paranoid without no other possibility
(c) Ties in with A but how willing he was to claim without testing his flavor, add this to the fact he told the other cop not to claim. It seemed really forced and as if he wanted to try and force a cop claim in a way that everyone would by.

I want his character and justi, after he already claimed cop. There is virtually no reason not to out this after he already claimed cop.

(a1) His inactivity as I said is not a scum tell because he gave a valid reason involving family(for the future), but I know he is online right now and has read this and he is really quick to respond to posts. It is taking him quite a while up to respond to this in comparison with his other responses.

Def keeping my FOS and Ill catch up with all of this and anything else that happens after work.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 4:56:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 4:26:29 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 8/7/2014 4:11:35 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Mikal, if you want to know my motive for doing a flavor check, you need only look at the list of potential roles in the game.

It's not that i don't buy a flavor check, even with some of the claims we have it just strikes me odd as your first move.

The way you claimed that you are expecting a CC, like you know for a fact there is another cop.

If i'n flavored, then how is it not safe to assume that there is probably another cop in the game, likely unflavored?

Telling the other cop not to out, would cover your sht and make the claim seem more legit. A flavor claim is a great way to pull off a 2 cop gambit, push miss lynches, and give you a great fake claim. It would be a risky gambit but it would pay off, because a cop and a flavored cop is viable and who would think mafia would try and pull a gambit like that.

... this is a bit far put there at this point buddy. if you need to call a gambit as a reason for being scummy in DP2, and its not involving a jester in some way. Your hitting.the point pf simply grasping at straws..


Your not a dipshitI dont have to explain this to you

Yet, apparently i need to explain to you that outting that i'm flavored right away, lets any other potential cop(likely to be in the game with the presence of a flavored cop, know that they likely can trust their results. Ergo, dont be afraod tp out a guilty cause you might be flavored, cause i am, which means you probably arent. Or say they got an inno. That inno is likely legit, therepre they can focus their attentions upon another person.

Tell me Mikal, what scum motivation do you see for me doing what i've done besides a grasping at straws gambit? Cause all i really see right now is a dissagreeance on how to handle the role. Which doesnt mean anything in regards to affiliation either way

Ur more them entitled to think i didnt handle it the right way, but how is a dosagreeance of proper strategem , an indicator of affiliation in regards to this?

You're right, i'm not a dipsh"t, so you dont have to explain to me how flavors work.

And i have already claimed the entire extent of my role, you still need to read ALOT of the Dp if you havent come up to my character claim yet.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion