NP3 - Give suit to TUF - "Bogan", Tailor
Kill Danielle

ford_prefect - Lawyer - Tony Abbott
NP0 - Target Smithereens

THIRD PARTY

FourTrouble - Monk - Russell Crowe
NP0 - Protect Khaos_Mage

THOUGHTS
First, thank you to all the players for participating in my game. Mafia, you completely fvkced up my intended plan of TP and town working together, but somehow the game was still fairly balanced. Best laid plans, eh? I put that down to drafter, who thought it was slightly mafia biased and his changes were the final role list. Anyway, there was great activity and no one needed to be replaced, which was excellent. I made several mistakes, didn't follow the day phases at all and generally was an absent mod. Sorry about that, couldn't be helped. My game had to be rush started because the two games ahead never materialised. I basically threw it together, without being able to write my usual supposed-to-be-funny role pms, explaining how I chose all your characters. Most of them, I think are fairly obvious, but some are obscure.
Shrimp on the Barbie was tailor because that line from Paul Hogan gives a false impression of what we Australian's are actually like.
Kylie Minogue was bleeder because her career never seems to die.
So the character to role matching was completely subjective to me and basically meant nothing to anyone except me, due to the lack of explanation.

Now, if you're wondering why Smithereens got a dunce cap, I thought he didn't submit his night actions and I was going to punish him for it. However, he did in fact submit them and I'm just a blind idiot, so I missed them. I never mentioned it again and it was forgotten (I think).

That's about it really. I will be modding again in the not to distant future.

Finally, thank you to TheGreatAndPowerful for being an excellent co-mod. He was keeping me posted off-site about the game which allowed things to move very smoothly. He may have things to add.

Now, please vote for the MVP and that person will receive a $20 eBay gift card from me. You cannot vote for yourselves. Please give a two-sentence explanation of why you think they deserve the prize.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 5:38:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I vote Danielle for MVP.

Also, modding was great, as well as the game set up. One of my favorite games in a long time. Thanks guys. More thoughts and comments later.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 5:46:20 AM
At 8/8/2014 5:38:38 AM, TUF wrote:
I vote Danielle for MVP.

Also, modding was great, as well as the game set up. One of my favorite games in a long time. Thanks guys. More thoughts and comments later.

Oh yeah and my explanation can be found here:

http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 6:09:21 AM
At 8/8/2014 5:38:38 AM, TUF wrote:
I vote Danielle for MVP.

Ta.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 7:03:00 AM
I thought this was a really fun, balanced and fair game! I'm surprised Wylted wasn't TP.

MVP could easily go to TUF, Smith, Solon or even a case for Wylted. I will have to think back for analysis.
President of DDO
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 7:08:52 AM
Kudos to you all!!
Even when I have a mod confirmed role, I still get mislynched.
And you all wonder why I try so hard for town cred...
My work here is, finally, done.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 7:16:48 AM
At 8/8/2014 7:08:52 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Kudos to you all!!

When were you mod confirmed?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 7:18:11 AM
At 8/8/2014 7:16:48 AM, TUF wrote:
At 8/8/2014 7:08:52 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Kudos to you all!!

When were you mod confirmed?

Bleeder was a mod-confirmed role.
As I said in my defense of CC, and in my explanation of my behavior (i.e. trying to draw the NK).
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 7:37:03 AM
XLAV, seriously, you are bad at this game. I don't know how you think you are good.

YOU had the answer as to why FT was killed.
Why in holy hell would a townie protect you over FT?

Had you came out as cop DP1, knowing you were protected with a vest, you could have confirmed a player, explained why FT died which confirms two roles, and gotten the lynch on me you so desired.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 7:42:07 AM
Even though Danielle voted for me, which I thought was stupid (given what we knew at the time), I'd say she was MVP.

What was the slip of Ford's, again?
At least I was right about Smithers and Solon (even though I did nothing to find him).

Oh yeah, I also thought Wylted was SK, and they both shot FT. (unless I missed XLAV's outing when he got the suit)
Had I been alive, I'd have no lynched to ensure Wylted died, then lynched Smith DP5.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 8:06:21 AM
Khaos needed to be removed early, hence all the fuss about his post which I kicked up. I'm glad it sealed his fate, I'm not glad that Wylted went back and read it and interpreted it as a scum tactic. Most valued player was Danielle. Duh. Reasons? Well, exceptional advice to town. I couldn't be a scummy scum and do all the misinformation with her making remarks etc.

As for flaws in my play, the first was tailoring Khaos to be the exact same as Ford. I did this because I was pressed for time and needed to instantly submit something, and because I never saw Ford's lynch coming. I didn't actually lead his lynch, like I claimed in game. He was already under suspicion, and I took over and declared him scum vehemently enough to steal all the credit for when he did get lynched. By that time, Khaos was tailored, and there was nothing I could do.

Because of that, I could not optimise my tailor role to best win the game. We would have Tailored Danielle in the night, shoot her the next night and nobody would have known. Also, when I said TUF's plan would have lost town the game, I actually meant it. If Wylted had shot TUF, gg, game over scum wins.

Feedback to the mod is that the dunce cap was way out of line. I received the cap and a handful of profanity from the mod for failing to submit my night action, despite being active in the mafia thread. I actually did submit all actions, and he simply failed to see it. I then started playing as if the tailor action had been discarded, editing my strategy and goals, only to have him come back online an age later to replace the discarded night action, which threw a few spanners in the works and was quite frustrating. Other than that, I have only praise to say of the modding of this game. The inactivity suited me just fine, and overall it was a rather relaxing game.

Reflection on my own play, I was generally more townie than most of the other townies for most of the game. It all went downhill when people started basing reads off claims, of which I had not submitted any. Tracker rubbish was a ruse, and in hindsight it could have been more convincing. I guess I'll just have to practice that art of truthful lying.

Good game, thank you all, and @Solon, I told you so. :P
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:17:41 AM
So I was the sane cop.

I'm not sure how the tailor worked in this game. It said in the wiki that the tailored people at suppose to know that they got tailored, so why did nobody speak up?

Did the tailor know all the roles? That would have screwed any claiming, and it did.
0x5f3759df
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:59:33 AM
At 8/8/2014 8:06:21 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Khaos needed to be removed early, hence all the fuss about his post which I kicked up.

Why?
Was that a valid argument about you?
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 10:26:25 AM
At 8/8/2014 7:37:03 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
XLAV, seriously, you are bad at this game. I don't know how you think you are good.
We won didn't we?

I though Wylted was the blacksmith and gave the vest to me in NP0
After the Krav flipped, well I thought he knew what he was doing.

Had you came out as cop DP1, knowing you were protected with a vest, you could have confirmed a player, explained why FT died which confirms two roles, and gotten the lynch on me you so desired.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 10:59:35 AM
At 8/8/2014 10:26:25 AM, XLAV wrote:
We won didn't we?
Town won, in spite of you.
Did you do anything useful?
You trusted your results when you shouldn't have DP1.
You lynched a mod-confirmed player's role, ignoring your results DP2.
So, the excellence of your aid must have been in DP3.....which resulted in a no lynch, and almost one on TUF. So, actually, you would have lost the game had that lynch gone through.
DP4, you sheeped Wylted, who as far as you knew (since you have delusions of grandeur, could have been SK)

*sigh, one of these games, I'm going to just sheep you and give you ridicule or credit which will be due.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 11:12:17 AM
At 8/8/2014 10:59:35 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
We won didn't we?
Yeah, waste a mafia NK. Lynch'd Smith.
How the hell would I know I was paranoid?
I was paranoid.
So, the excellence of your aid must have been in DP3.....which resulted in a no lynch, and almost one on TUF. So, actually, you would have lost the game had that lynch gone through.
Not exactly. If TUF was lynched it would be me, Wylted and Smith in DP4. Wylted town reads me, I town read Wylted. Bang, Smith is dead.
DP4, you sheeped Wylted, who as far as you knew (since you have delusions of grandeur, could have been SK)
I was pretty set that Smith was scum when he first posted in the last DP, I was only waiting for Wylted's confirmation.. I also stated on DP3 that I would rather lynch Smith over TUF.

I knew wylted isn't an SK because.
1. I buddied with him.
2. I town read him because of his behavior. He can easily read me, I can easily read him.
3. There is already 1 TP
4. I immediately knew that he was trying to pull a gambit again when he claimed to be SK in DP3.

*sigh, one of these games, I'm going to just sheep you and give you ridicule or credit which will be due.
Yay.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 11:37:03 AM
At 8/8/2014 11:12:17 AM, XLAV wrote:
We won didn't we?
Wasted Nk, true. But you mislynched twice (me two DPs), tried to mislynch another, and followed Wylted's lead. Good job, you mislynched, almost lost the game, and never once took the lead (even though you seemed to think he was SK at the end of DP3)
Or insane. For all you knew, I could have been town.
DP2, you still lynched me, without thinking of the reason why mafia would. (tailor and bus driver, which I called one or both of)
I was paranoid.
So, you were paranoid, and went with the result YOU KNEW WAS FALSE DP2 and ignored a player claiming a mod confirmed role. What is more likely, mafia outing bleeder, or mafia using bus driver and/or tailor to mess with vig/flip?
Not exactly. If TUF was lynched it would be me, Wylted and Smith in DP4. Wylted town reads me, I town read Wylted. Bang, Smith is dead.
Ummm, Wylted would have been shot and his kill, according to him, wouldn't have gone through. So, it would be Smith and Solon, you and Danielle. Lose.
Otherwise, it was you, Smith and Danielle. (and that's assuming no bus driver to ensure a kill on you)
I was pretty set that Smith was scum when he first posted in the last DP, I was only waiting for Wylted's confirmation.. I also stated on DP3 that I would rather lynch Smith over TUF.
Yet at MYLO, you lynched your not strongest scum read. Smart.

1. I buddied with him.
So? Pretty sure you've done it before when he was scum.
2. I town read him because of his behavior. He can easily read me, I can easily read him.
Apparently, he is one of the few you can read.
3. There is already 1 TP
So?
4. I immediately knew that he was trying to pull a gambit again when he claimed to be SK in DP3.
It was an obvious ploy. I don't think anyone fell for it.

My only reason for assuming he was SK is because of FT's death., which you had the answer to, but couldn't figure out.
Had it been known you had the vest DP1, I would not have even considered he is TP, and as mafia, I would have shot him anyway. Plus, Wylted contradicted himself horribly DP4, saying he could shoot to win the game, yet was concerned about being shot NP3.

Yay.
Or maybe I'll make you BP in my next game and you can have the final say.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 11:49:36 AM
Let me know what game you make him BP in, so I can opt out of it.

Also why were you acting so scummy DP2?
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 11:54:28 AM
At 8/8/2014 11:49:36 AM, Wylted wrote:
Why?

He's always scummy.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 11:55:18 AM

How do you mean? What specifically?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 11:57:47 AM
At 8/8/2014 11:55:18 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I forgot, but I agreed with Danielle's analysis DP 2. Trying to out the Vig role etc. whatever she mentioned is also what I was thinking and I may have mentioned it independent of her.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 12:13:57 PM
At 8/8/2014 11:57:47 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/8/2014 11:55:18 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I forgot, but I agreed with Danielle's analysis DP 2. Trying to out the Vig role etc. whatever she mentioned is also what I was thinking and I may have mentioned it independent of her.

LOL
That was me being honest.
The fact that FT was killed meant three things (ESPECIALLY in light of two NKs and blacksmith):
1. Mafia has a strongman
2. Mafia has a bus driver
3. FT was shot twice (and no way vig would have shot FT)

I love how trying to unravel a mystery is seen as scummy.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 12:15:38 PM
At 8/8/2014 11:37:03 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/8/2014 11:12:17 AM, XLAV wrote:
We won didn't we?
Wasted Nk, true. But you mislynched twice (me two DPs), tried to mislynch another, and followed Wylted's lead. Good job, you mislynched, almost lost the game, and never once took the lead (even though you seemed to think he was SK at the end of DP3)
We only mislynched you and I wasn't even part of that BW on you. We almost mislynched TUF. I didn't take the lead because I was busy and I'm active in 4 other games. I sheeped Wylted because I trust his judgement and we have similar scum hunting techniques and reads.

You trusted your results when you shouldn't have DP1. Because I said Wylted was SK, doesn't mean he I thought he was SK. I was trying to
Or insane. For all you knew, I could have been town.
Which is why I backed of at your lynch in DP2 didn't I?

DP2, you still lynched me, without thinking of the reason why mafia would. (tailor and bus driver, which I called one or both of)
I didn't. The others did.
I was paranoid.
So, you were paranoid, and went with the result YOU KNEW WAS FALSE DP2 and ignored a player claiming a mod confirmed role. What is more likely, mafia outing bleeder, or mafia using bus driver and/or tailor to mess with vig/flip?
I wasn't sure I was paranoid because I see Mel Gibson as "insane" than paranoid. which is why I backed off from your lynched.
Ummm, Wylted would have been shot and his kill, according to him, wouldn't have gone through. So, it would be Smith and Solon, you and Danielle. Lose.
Otherwise, it was you, Smith and Danielle. (and that's assuming no bus driver to ensure a kill on you)
Yet at MYLO, you lynched your not strongest scum read. Smart.
But he wasn't lynch, was he? Besides, it wasn't only me in that lynch. Danielle and Wylted were there. Everyone wanted that lynch.

1. I buddied with him.
So? Pretty sure you've done it before when he was scum.
Nope.
Apparently, he is one of the few you can read.
I can read more than that, if I have the time.
3. There is already 1 TP
So?
IMO, town will be weak if there were 2 TPs and 3 mafia in the game.
It was an obvious ploy. I don't think anyone fell for it.
Wylted claimed Solon did.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 12:19:42 PM
Solon did fall for it and tried to subtly communicate with me. Solon told me not to shoot him, but did so with reverse psychology.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 12:25:48 PM
At 8/8/2014 12:19:42 PM, Wylted wrote:
Solon did fall for it and tried to subtly communicate with me. Solon told me not to shoot him, but did so with reverse psychology.

When you said your kill wouldn't work if you shot, was that true?
If so, then lynching DP3 was hella dangerous, and you were contradicting yourself DP4, which added to the SK vibe.

To XLAV:
Why couldn't there be an SK?
three mafia and a killer, with two protective roles, and a bleeder.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 12:33:30 PM
At 8/8/2014 12:25:48 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

If so, then lynching DP3 was hella dangerous, and you were contradicting yourself DP4, which added to the SK vibe.

To XLAV:

If tuff died that left one person out of the suspect pool. Scum killed Danielle which would have left me XLAV and smith. I don't recall contradicting myself on DP4. Maybe contradicting myself about the decision to shoot or not after we nolynch, but I wouldn't have shot.

One of the reasons that Solon looked scummy as well is because when he found out about another killing role he asked the mod which action took priority and TV said mafia kills do. So my NK wouldn't have went through if I was killed.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 12:45:06 PM
At 8/8/2014 12:33:30 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/8/2014 12:25:48 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

To XLAV:

If tuff died that left one person out of the suspect pool. Scum killed Danielle which would have left me XLAV and smith. I don't recall contradicting myself on DP4. Maybe contradicting myself about the decision to shoot or not after we nolynch, but I wouldn't have shot.

One of the reasons that Solon looked scummy as well is because when he found out about another killing role he asked the mod which action took priority and TV said mafia kills do. So my NK wouldn't have went through if I was killed.

Ahh, so I missed that, and I agree that is scummy, as that not something a non-killing role would ask (maybe I would have).
But, that was the contradiction:
You cannot save the town if there is a mislynch DP4, because you will be shot, and your kill won't work. You kept saying you could, maybe in an effort to hope mafia forgets, but I found it scummy. (again, coupled with the theory FT was shot twice, which XLAV could have resolved had he ever claimed WHEN he got the vest)
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 1:13:17 PM
At 8/8/2014 8:06:21 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Good game, thank you all, and @Solon, I told you so. :P

Well, technically you told me that he would target TUF, who would then kill me :p

"Wylted is going to shoot TUF tonight, or else he will waive. You can choose what we want to do tonight, but know that." - Smith 2016

I didn't see him directly targeting me coming, though. I knew he was town vig all along, but I would have thought he'd have tried to kill Smith, or that TUF would have targeted Smith.

It was a chance and we took it. It was better than the guaranteed loss by leaving Danielle alive.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 1:15:44 PM

I was of the impression that you thought Smith was way more scummy for his blatant hammer attempt, or else you would target TUF. Of course I would tell you not to shoot me :P no townie except for BP, Commuter, etc, wants to be shot.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3