Total Posts:179|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 28.2: DP2 (really)

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 12:30:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
DIED IN THE NIGHT

Smith - You are the CORONER. You may select a player from the graveyard and their role and affiliation will be revealed to you if that information was previously concealed. You win with the town.

Wylted - You are the 2-shot DOCTOR. You may select a player and prevent them from dying that NP. You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD

Smith
Wylted

LIVING PLAYERS


Esocial
Thett
XLAV
9space
Endark
YYW
Dalt
JMK

With 8 players remaining, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 10:59, DDO time, on 8/10/14.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
JohnMaynardKeynes
Posts: 1,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 1:08:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have some results, but they don't much advance the current state of the game. I'd rather wait to out them with my full role claim. I'd be willing to do that, if pressured, but for now would rather not since scum already has quite a few reads on us.

Esocial -- she said her role was confirmable, but I have no basis on which to judge that. So null.

Thett -- pretty inactive, so null.

XLAV -- didn't contribute much last day phase save for FOS'ing endark toward the end, so null.

9space -- he jumped on bandwagons, was inactive, and softed what I could only construe as bomb or PGO, which are obviously scummy claims themselves. So I do have an FOS on spaceking at this moment and think he is currently our best lynch target.

Endark -- I had a slight scum read on Endark last day phase, but given that he has now sworn to his "love" that he's town, I think my read on him is virtually null.

YYW -- was inactive. I don't know how he normally plays, so null.

Dalt -- my strongest town read at this point.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
JohnMaynardKeynes
Posts: 1,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 1:10:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm for pressuring inactives, so I'm going to place my vote on YYW, though I think our best move is probably to lynch spaceking this day phase.

VTL YYW
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 1:14:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
MOD-NOTE

Esocial is mod-confirmed as town-affiliated. She is the innocent child.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
JohnMaynardKeynes
Posts: 1,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 1:14:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have a bit more reasoning behind moving my read on Endark from scum to null which is based on my results, so I'll out that if necessary.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
JohnMaynardKeynes
Posts: 1,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 1:14:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/9/2014 1:14:25 AM, bsh1 wrote:
MOD-NOTE

Esocial is mod-confirmed as town-affiliated. She is the innocent child.

Well in that case....

lol. Annie is no longer null!
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
XLAV
Posts: 13,707
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 4:52:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/9/2014 1:08:45 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
.

9space -- he jumped on bandwagons, was inactive, and softed what I could only construe as bomb or PGO, which are obviously scummy claims themselves. So I do have an FOS on spaceking at this moment and think he is currently our best lynch target.
What post was this?
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 5:17:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/9/2014 12:42:16 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Hey, Annie.
Since the other DP ended before I said anything: I swear on our love that I'm town.

Excuse me while I go cry in a corner.

VTL ENDARKENEDRATIONALIST

You're scum sweetheart.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 5:26:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Wylted was my only town read. I'm leaning town on XLAV and 9space, because this is his usual meta.

My reads before the NP:

Scum-
Endark
Smith
JMK
MAYBE 9space

Town-
Wylted
Me
XLAV

Null but possibly town-
9space

TP-
YYW
Smiths
Dalt
MAYBE XLAV

Wylted & Smiths are now dead.

New reads:
Esocial- confirmed townie [Innocent child]
Thett- null- needs to be more active-
XLAV- leaning town
9space- leaning town- This, while stupid irrational behaviour, is his usual meta/
Endark- SCUM
YYW- null- leaning town slightly- maybe TP- needs to post more
Dalt- TP maybe or town
JMK- SCUM

Why are Endark, YYW & JMK scum?
-Endark & JMK distracted everyone from reading with their spam about love
-Endark refused to swear at the beginning and when he got to a point where I told him to swear then swore.
-YYW is sort of inactive, Dalt as well, but more. This isn't his meta. Does anyone know if he lurks as scum.
-JMK is always suspicious to me and I think he's trying to bus Ennie right nao this DP.
-JMK, in live mafia, is incredibly witty and sly. He once FC'd doc when he was vig, and was recruited by mafia. He played it out *perfectly.*

I say we get scum out of the way, then hunt for the TP.
I want JMK and YYW to claim nao.

Just so you know, I may die tonight. If I do, go for JMK first, then Endark, then YYW.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 5:41:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/9/2014 12:45:19 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I'm sad Wylted's dead. Aside from my love, he was my strongest town read.

Speaking of which - my love, you said your role was confirmable?

Yup. /done. Check the mod note.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 5:42:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/9/2014 12:42:16 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Hey, Annie.
Since the other DP ended before I said anything: I swear on our love that I'm town.

On of the first things you'd said to me, when I started commenting and guessing at OUAD, was that I was intelligent and perceptive. Didnt think I would notice your little loophole, did you?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 5:44:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/9/2014 4:50:05 AM, XLAV wrote:
Damn SK.

VTL YYW

I want to see some activity in you
Sheep me.
You need to vote Endark. Now. Bandwagon dearie.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
XLAV
Posts: 13,707
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 7:17:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/9/2014 5:44:15 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 8/9/2014 4:50:05 AM, XLAV wrote:
Damn SK.

VTL YYW

I want to see some activity in you
Sheep me.
You need to vote Endark. Now. Bandwagon dearie.

I know he's scum.

I just want to find the other scums first.
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:02:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/9/2014 1:08:45 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
I have some results, but they don't much advance the current state of the game. I'd rather wait to out them with my full role claim. I'd be willing to do that, if pressured, but for now would rather not since scum already has quite a few reads on us.

Esocial -- she said her role was confirmable, but I have no basis on which to judge that. So null.

Thett -- pretty inactive, so null.

XLAV -- didn't contribute much last day phase save for FOS'ing endark toward the end, so null.

9space -- he jumped on bandwagons, was inactive, and softed what I could only construe as bomb or PGO, which are obviously scummy claims themselves. So I do have an FOS on spaceking at this moment and think he is currently our best lynch target.
You're close, but if I was a suicidal role I'd probably do what I did last time and attempt to lure scum to their doom.

Endark -- I had a slight scum read on Endark last day phase, but given that he has now sworn to his "love" that he's town, I think my read on him is virtually null.

YYW -- was inactive. I don't know how he normally plays, so null.

Dalt -- my strongest town read at this point.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:23:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am the tracker. Each night, I select a player and I learn who they visit. I win with the town, and I watched JMK last night, who visited Dalton.
XLAV
Posts: 13,707
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:29:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/9/2014 8:23:23 AM, YYW wrote:
I am the tracker. Each night, I select a player and I learn who they visit. I win with the town, and I watched JMK last night, who visited Dalton.

Interesting. Thank you.
Unvote
XLAV
Posts: 13,707
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:30:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/9/2014 1:14:29 AM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
I have a bit more reasoning behind moving my read on Endark from scum to null which is based on my results, so I'll out that if necessary.

So that makes this post a lie.
VTL JMK
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:32:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/9/2014 8:23:23 AM, YYW wrote:
I am the tracker. Each night, I select a player and I learn who they visit. I win with the town, and I watched JMK last night, who visited Dalton.
cool, nice.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:34:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/9/2014 5:26:08 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Wylted was my only town read. I'm leaning town on XLAV and 9space, because this is his usual meta.

My reads before the NP:

Scum-
Endark
Smith
JMK
MAYBE 9space

Town-
Wylted
Me
XLAV

Null but possibly town-
9space

TP-
YYW
Smiths
Dalt
MAYBE XLAV

Wylted & Smiths are now dead.

New reads:
Esocial- confirmed townie [Innocent child]
Thett- null- needs to be more active-
XLAV- leaning town
9space- leaning town- This, while stupid irrational behaviour, is his usual meta/
Endark- SCUM
YYW- null- leaning town slightly- maybe TP- needs to post more
Dalt- TP maybe or town
JMK- SCUM

Why are Endark, YYW & JMK scum?
-Endark & JMK distracted everyone from reading with their spam about love
-Endark refused to swear at the beginning and when he got to a point where I told him to swear then swore.
-YYW is sort of inactive, Dalt as well, but more. This isn't his meta. Does anyone know if he lurks as scum.
-JMK is always suspicious to me and I think he's trying to bus Ennie right nao this DP.
-JMK, in live mafia, is incredibly witty and sly. He once FC'd doc when he was vig, and was recruited by mafia. He played it out *perfectly.*

I say we get scum out of the way, then hunt for the TP.
I want JMK and YYW to claim nao.

Just so you know, I may die tonight. If I do, go for JMK first, then Endark, then YYW.

I suppose we can try lynching endark first. It does seem a little suspicious he ain't swearing upon you two's love.
VTL ENDARK
But, if you're wrong, I can always overcome you with my powers.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
XLAV
Posts: 13,707
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:36:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/9/2014 8:32:48 AM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 8/9/2014 8:23:23 AM, YYW wrote:
I am the tracker. Each night, I select a player and I learn who they visit. I win with the town, and I watched JMK last night, who visited Dalton.
cool, nice.

You. Claim.
XLAV
Posts: 13,707
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 9:00:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Lol. Alright GG. We got the mafia team. We lynch JMK first and then Endark next DP. Though if the SK is smart, he should NK Endark next NP.

Halfway through analyzing DP1, I know JMK is scum through behavior and a scum slip.

@Endark and 9space: Full claim please.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 9:35:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/9/2014 5:42:48 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 8/9/2014 12:42:16 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Hey, Annie.
Since the other DP ended before I said anything: I swear on our love that I'm town.

On of the first things you'd said to me, when I started commenting and guessing at OUAD, was that I was intelligent and perceptive. Didnt think I would notice your little loophole, did you?

So why am I scum for talking about love with JMK for, like, 6 posts before telling him to take the discussion elsewhere, but Wylted isn't for doing the same thing for practically an entire page?
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 9:35:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/9/2014 5:17:29 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 8/9/2014 12:42:16 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Hey, Annie.
Since the other DP ended before I said anything: I swear on our love that I'm town.

Excuse me while I go cry in a corner.

VTL ENDARKENEDRATIONALIST

You're scum sweetheart.

It pains me that you think so.