Total Posts:91|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

OITNB Mafia - ENDGAME

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 7:25:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations - THE MAFIA WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second Place: Town
Third Place: Cult

[ Living Players ]

01. bsh1
02. Daltonian - MAFIA
03. Solon 2
04. Buddamoose 2 - MAFIA

[ Graveyard ]

TUF 1 - Yvonne "Vee" Parker, Cult Recruiter
Khaos 1 - Nicky Nichols, town Tracker
Buddamoose 1 - Tiffany "Pennsatucky" Doggett, town Insane Cop
BigMac - Suzanne "Crazy Eyes" Warren, town Watcher
YYW - Joel Luschek, mafia Janitor
Wylted 1 - Carrie "Big Boo" Black, town Vampire
tulle - Rosa Cisneros, town Bleeder.
EndarkenedRationalist - Joe Caputo, mafia Role Investigator.
Wylted 2 (IFLYHIGH) - Tasha "Taystee" Jefferson, town Enabler
Mikal - Sophia Bursett, town Beloved Princess
XLAV - Gloria Mendoza, town Weak Doctor
SolonKR - Alex Vause, town Vigilante

Bullish - You are Lorna Morello, a town Commuter. You could have been the bus driver, but eh, you don't exactly drive a bus. It's more like... a prison van. You're the designated driver and the one used to drive inmates and staff around (with a guard of course) whenever they have to commute somewhere outside of the prison. You can leave town on any 3 night phases of your choice, thus making you unable to be the target of any night actions. You win with the town.

Khaos 2 - You are Brook Soso, a Hated Townie. Though you are well intentioned and mostly harmless, you just won't shut the fvck up! You passionately talk a mile a minute about humanitarian causes the other inmates just don't care about. You come off as naive, self righteous and super annoying. Worst of all, sometimes you don't bathe (out of protest, apparently) and nobody can stand your stench. As Pennsatucky explained, "You smell like a fvcking turtle tank. Go take a fvcking shower." You're a good person, but people can't wait to get rid of you. It would take one less vote than necessary to lynch you during the day phase. You win with the town.

------------------------------ Remaining Living Players -----------------------------

bsh1 - You are Larry Bloom, a town Bulletproof. Because you're not in prison, you're the only one the guards (or other inmates) can't really hurt - duh! You will survive attempts to be shot during the night phase. You win with the town.

Solon 2 (TUF, 9spaceking) - You are Cindy "Black Cindy" Hayes, a town Vanilla. You don't have any particular skills or abilities, but you're hilarious. You win with the town.

Budda 2 (tvellalott) - You are Natalie "Fig" Figueroa, the mafia Ninja. You're the warden of the prison, and as such, it's easy for you to get away with things without being caught since you're the one in charge. Each night phase you may carry out a night kill without being seen by a Watcher / Tracker. You win if the mafia becomes a majority by the end of the game.

Daltonian - You are George "Pornstache" Mendez, the mafia Role Blocker. You're the worst. I mean the best. I mean the WORST. You'll do whatever it takes at the inmates expense to get what you want. You may attempt to role block a player each night phase. This negates their role through one full day or night phase depending on when their role applies. You win if the mafia becomes a majority by the end of the game.

[[ Mod Analysis ]]

I took excellent notes throughout the game, and I accidentally just fvcking deleted it! Grr >_<

Well first and foremost, I hope everyone had fun and felt the game was run smoothly, fairly and with efficiency.

As a mod, one of the most important things to me is game balance/mechanics and fairness. Something I hate about themed games is that it's often too hard for the guilty parties to fake claim, especially on DP1. I try to avoid that by picking flexible themes.

The OITNB Wiki listed 8 main characters. I only used 5 of them, leaving 3 main characters open to be fake claimed (Piper - the main character, Red, and Miss Claudette). It would have been perfect for TUF 1 to claim Red, the Mason Recruiter had he lived past NP1. That would have been interesting with Daltonian's brilliant chicken claim. We can call it brilliant because it worked -- otherwise it would have been dumb!

I praise Dalt's instinct to come up with a fake claim of chicken. He had to do that because he was pressured early. That's what I mean about tough claims. However there were 32 other inmates listed, and with only 13 of them being used, that means there were almost 20 other characters that the guilty parties could have claimed. So all in all, I don't think the character/theme balance was too tough against the mafia. Let me know if you disagree.

Speaking of the characters and theme, I think I balanced the game really well. You always worry as a mod before the game starts, but the fact that we went through this many DPs and it stayed so close proved to me that the roles and everything else was taken into account perfectly.

The town had a mix of useful roles that you could prove, and roles that would easily be a target for mislynch (vanilla, bleeder, beloved princess, commuter, bulletproof, vampire, enabler, hated townie, etc.). Certain characters you knew would likely be in the game so they would be hard fake claims, and there were also some power roles. However some townie roles were weak, such as the Weak Doctor and Insane Cop (an insane cop is still more useful than a paranoid cop).

The mafia had both a role investigator and a janitor which they could have used more strategically. They also had a ninja which became useless pretty quickly, as the tracker and watcher died early. And they had a RB who lived a lot longer than I expected. Looking back, I might say the mafia was overpowered insofar as the ninja role. However, it didn't really come into play in this game.

I thought the mafia did an excellent job with the exception of 2 small mistakes. Obviously Endark's scum slip regarding his role explanation was pretty telling, and in my defense I did say on DP1 that the role descriptions would be short and revealed further upon death. However I gave the mafia much longer descriptions which probably threw them off. It wasn't really Endark's fault, or maybe it was, but I thought he did REALLY well before that.

Daltonian played very pro-town. His chicken claim was the only thing that stood out, but then again, I did make Larry Bloom a character (one non inmate) which perhaps gave credibility to Dalt's bold move. YYW was good (I didn't really read the DP that he was called out) and Budda was a really great addition to the mafia team. Like, super awesome. I'm really impressed. The ONLY other thing I would say was really dumb was the fact that both he and Daltonian claimed Vanilla. However it does kinda make sense (Piper is a very vanilla character in general, IMO) and it wound up working in their favor, so good for them!

The thing that hurt the town the most was the tracker and watcher dying early (bad luck vig).

If I had to pick a game MVP, I would probably suggest Buddamoose. You?

I think that's about all of the analysis that I have for now. I did keep a list of night actions, but they're gone! Ugh! If you have any specific questions then just ask and I can easily let you know who did what on which NP.

Oh btw -- The character/role that Taystee (IFLY, Wylted 2) enabled was TUF 1, the cult recruiter. In the show, Vee can only rise to a leadership role with the support of her close friend, Taystee, who helps her recruit a posse.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 7:32:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/14/2014 7:30:00 AM, XLAV wrote:
Lynching Mikal was what screwed town.

YES. Definitely. But you can't say he didn't deserve it based on how he played (plus his c/p the Role PM was a douche bag move, and he would have been auto lynched for it anyway). But that didn't come into play because he cast the lynch vote for himself. I would have voted for him if I were a player.
President of DDO
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 7:33:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Fvck you Mikal.
Fvck you and your "theme confirmation".

Damnit, I was thinking it might have been Budda, because he ignored my post of Danielle, but then everyone did, and Budda ignored me as town DP1 anyway.
My work here is, finally, done.
XLAV
Posts: 13,719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 7:38:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/14/2014 7:32:24 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 8/14/2014 7:30:00 AM, XLAV wrote:
Lynching Mikal was what screwed town.

YES. Definitely. But you can't say he didn't deserve it based on how he played (plus his c/p the Role PM was a douche bag move, and he would have been auto lynched for it anyway). But that didn't come into play because he cast the lynch vote for himself. I would have voted for him if I were a player.

His play is anti-town and sometimes he's a douche, but his behavior was so townie, especially on DP1.

The lynch list with me, Mikal and Solon was also stupid. I can't believe all of you followed it.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 7:42:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/14/2014 7:36:55 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/14/2014 7:32:24 AM, Danielle wrote:
Did mafia role cop hated?
If so when?

Yes they did, but they didn't use it to their advantage which I thought was surprising. They never challenged your cop claim nor pressured you in the DP at all (from what I saw while skimming anyway). Instead they agreed that you were probably innocent. You were investigated on NP2.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 7:43:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/14/2014 7:41:19 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 8/14/2014 7:32:24 AM, Danielle wrote:
How did I die? Didn't I protect myself?

Yes, you protected yourself but you were role blocked and killed in the same night along with Solon 1.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 7:47:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Also, in case it wasn't clear from Daltonian's role explanation, he could role block someone during the night that might affect their role the following DP. For instance if he role blocked Khaos the hated townie, it would have negated his status as Hated and it would have taken the normal number of votes to lynch him the next day. Similarly if he role blocked the bleeder and she was lynched the next DP, she would die as normal because her role would be negated from the previous NP.
President of DDO
XLAV
Posts: 13,719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 7:47:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I wish I was active in this game, but alas, I was too busy and this game was going too fast.

It was still a fun game though. Thanks for modding Danielle!
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 8:02:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/14/2014 7:42:23 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 8/14/2014 7:36:55 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/14/2014 7:32:24 AM, Danielle wrote:
Did mafia role cop hated?
If so when?

Yes they did, but they didn't use it to their advantage which I thought was surprising. They never challenged your cop claim nor pressured you in the DP at all (from what I saw while skimming anyway). Instead they agreed that you were probably innocent. You were investigated on NP2.

Thought so. In fact,
YYW gave that away.

Besides, why would they out my hated when we lose a DP, and the fact I lied can be used to get one vote a MYLO.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 8:17:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/14/2014 7:38:45 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 8/14/2014 7:32:24 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 8/14/2014 7:30:00 AM, XLAV wrote:
Lynching Mikal was what screwed town.

YES. Definitely. But you can't say he didn't deserve it based on how he played (plus his c/p the Role PM was a douche bag move, and he would have been auto lynched for it anyway). But that didn't come into play because he cast the lynch vote for himself. I would have voted for him if I were a player.

His play is anti-town and sometimes he's a douche, but his behavior was so townie, especially on DP1.

The fact is, our best chance of winning was with Mikal dead.
He never would have lynch Budda, and would have preferred me.
In fact, I'd have lynched myself if we hadn't lynched Mikal.

The lynch list with me, Mikal and Solon was also stupid. I can't believe all of you followed it.

The fact that Mikal and Wylted both were in favor of your lynch should speak volumes of your play.
The fact that you gave no reasons for town reading them (as you rarely do), while admitting they you had no idea what was going on, is mind-boggling.

If you want us to take you seriously, like we do FT, you need to start giving your reads before you die, to verify the accuracy. It doesn't help to say one player is town, one player is scum, and in the end game saying a third.
My work here is, finally, done.
XLAV
Posts: 13,719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 8:43:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/14/2014 8:17:51 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/14/2014 7:38:45 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 8/14/2014 7:32:24 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 8/14/2014 7:30:00 AM, XLAV wrote:
Lynching Mikal was what screwed town.

YES. Definitely. But you can't say he didn't deserve it based on how he played (plus his c/p the Role PM was a douche bag move, and he would have been auto lynched for it anyway). But that didn't come into play because he cast the lynch vote for himself. I would have voted for him if I were a player.

His play is anti-town and sometimes he's a douche, but his behavior was so townie, especially on DP1.

The fact is, our best chance of winning was with Mikal dead.
He never would have lynch Budda, and would have preferred me.
In fact, I'd have lynched myself if we hadn't lynched Mikal.

The lynch list with me, Mikal and Solon was also stupid. I can't believe all of you followed it.

The fact that Mikal and Wylted both were in favor of your lynch should speak volumes of your play.
1. Mikals reads on me were activity reads, not behavior, not theme analysis, just plain activity.
2. Same with Mikal, Wylted also scum read me, or wanted my lynch, because of the lack of activity from me.

So no, this has nothing to do with my play. I constanly kept on saying "I'm busy this week, I'm busy this week," in my debate and in the forums, knowing I'm usually active in mafia games as town. None of you even bothered to think that I was really busy.
The fact that you gave no reasons for town reading them (as you rarely do), while admitting they you had no idea what was going on, is mind-boggling.
DP1 and DP2 was all I needed to town read Mikal, Wylted, Budda1, and Solon1 and scum read Endark.

If you want us to take you seriously, like we do FT, you need to start giving your reads before you die, to verify the accuracy. It doesn't help to say one player is town, one player is scum, and in the end game saying a third.
Two things, its either I'm too busy to explain or I feel its unnecessary to explain.
I am also not really good at explaining things. Like Raymond's case for example, it took me 5 hours to make that case. People like Budda could probably do the same case in 1-2 hours.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 8:47:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The roles themselves were quite balanced within the open set up, including your error as well.

I disagree with given Mikal a variant of the role and Bullish an X-shot, as I have never played an open set up with flavors. But, if that is not unheard of, or you did state it, then ignore that.

I do think town was a bit under powered in the game, and I think mafia should have had only 3 players, given insane cop was a mislynch target or even two.

Thanks for modding. I had fun, except for the flame war.

My one major hangup, though, was how rushed it was, especially NP1.
It is hard to play when there are no concrete deadlines.
My work here is, finally, done.
XLAV
Posts: 13,719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 8:53:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Budda shouldn't have claimed his cop role in DP2. He should still have cop'd more peeps to check if he's insane, not paranoid. I can see why people think Budda's claim was scummy. The motivation for claiming looked scummy, but his overall behavior was townie.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 9:10:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/14/2014 8:53:50 AM, XLAV wrote:
Budda shouldn't have claimed his cop role in DP2. He should still have cop'd more peeps to check if he's insane, not paranoid. I can see why people think Budda's claim was scummy. The motivation for claiming looked scummy, but his overall behavior was townie.

I vehemently disagree.
The fact is, you are asking him to prove a negative, since there is only proof positive (if such proof exists).
I town read him for it, and the attack on him was misguided.

I don't know if I would have outed myself, yet, I may have waited until DP3.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 9:38:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/14/2014 8:43:39 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 8/14/2014 8:17:51 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/14/2014 7:38:45 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 8/14/2014 7:32:24 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 8/14/2014 7:30:00 AM, XLAV wrote:
Lynching Mikal was what screwed town.

YES. Definitely. But you can't say he didn't deserve it based on how he played (plus his c/p the Role PM was a douche bag move, and he would have been auto lynched for it anyway). But that didn't come into play because he cast the lynch vote for himself. I would have voted for him if I were a player.

His play is anti-town and sometimes he's a douche, but his behavior was so townie, especially on DP1.

The fact is, our best chance of winning was with Mikal dead.
He never would have lynch Budda, and would have preferred me.
In fact, I'd have lynched myself if we hadn't lynched Mikal.

The lynch list with me, Mikal and Solon was also stupid. I can't believe all of you followed it.

The fact that Mikal and Wylted both were in favor of your lynch should speak volumes of your play.
1. Mikals reads on me were activity reads, not behavior, not theme analysis, just plain activity.
2. Same with Mikal, Wylted also scum read me, or wanted my lynch, because of the lack of activity from me.

Explain the difference.
Your inactivity WAS the read, since you are more inactive as scum.
It wasn't a vote for activity, they were genuinely suspicious of you because of the lack thereof.

So no, this has nothing to do with my play. I constanly kept on saying "I'm busy this week, I'm busy this week," in my debate and in the forums, knowing I'm usually active in mafia games as town. None of you even bothered to think that I was really busy.

Okay.
It doesn't mean people believe you. You seem to forget people lie in this game.

The fact that you gave no reasons for town reading them (as you rarely do), while admitting they you had no idea what was going on, is mind-boggling.
DP1 and DP2 was all I needed to town read Mikal, Wylted, Budda1, and Solon1 and scum read Endark.
Then explain those reads. Enlighten us.
Why didn't you site all of them?
Further, are you telling me reads never change throughout the game?
YOU MISSED 4 DPS. You have no idea what transpired, and unless you never ever change your read, which is foolish, this argument is ridiculous.


If you want us to take you seriously, like we do FT, you need to start giving your reads before you die, to verify the accuracy. It doesn't help to say one player is town, one player is scum, and in the end game saying a third.
Two things, its either I'm too busy to explain or I feel its unnecessary to explain.
The former is acceptable if true (but that is not something that is ever known), the latter is just anti-town.

I am also not really good at explaining things. Like Raymond's case for example, it took me 5 hours to make that case. People like Budda could probably do the same case in 1-2 hours.
Not an excuse to not make one.
It sounds like you are just too lazy to explain yourself.
Do you think I explain myself well? Nope. Doesn't mean I should stop trying to convince people when I strongly believe something.

The fact that you think you are above suspicion, your reads are gospel and never changing, and don't need to work with your team is why you are a bad player, and largely not taken seriously.

Me and ford were laughing up a storm in HvV at how bad you are.
My work here is, finally, done.
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 10:13:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This was a great game and I had a lot of fun :> Each member of scum was an invaluable asset to the outcome of the game.

== My Chicken Address ==
The reason I claimed chicken was partially inspired by three things

a) the fact that I incidentally backed myself into claiming Red without thinking, and at the time I thought Red was in the game. It made out to be a good lynchee.

b) The way JMK was judged as town in the beginner game, and how JMK got a lot of town cred for claiming what could be interpreted as a scummy claim right off the bat

c) The yolo factor

A lot of my strategy was based off of me playing and taking my meta from the beginner games to my advantage. I purposefully tried to act very different as scum than I had in my other games, with the intention of manipulating people who played with me (bsh, Wylted) into thinking I was town.

"Being in 2 other games with Dalton I can tell you he's acting different this game. A lot more passive this game. The late soft claim for Dalton was actually pretty safe, seeing as there was a role cop on the scum team."
I decided to reverse this scum play and see what happened. Apparently this way is better :)
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 10:14:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/14/2014 8:47:41 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I disagree with given Mikal a variant of the role and Bullish an X-shot, as I have never played an open set up with flavors. But, if that is not unheard of, or you did state it, then ignore that.

This is good feedback. To be honest, when I initially sent Bullish his role I implied that he could commute every night, so he wasn't flavored. Then when he asked me about it, I said his role was 3-shot to make it less powerful. Maybe this is because I realized he might be semi-confirmed from my mod mistake, hmm. But yes perhaps I should have made the disclaimer about the possibility of a flavored Beloved Princess more clear. I didn't think it mattered much, and Mikal could have just claimed Beloved Princess without mentioning the flavor. Even if it were the traditional role, the mafia would still get two NKs so why mention it to draw suspicion? But yes I agree.

I do think town was a bit under powered in the game, and I think mafia should have had only 3 players, given insane cop was a mislynch target or even two.

I completely 100% disagree that the mafia should have had 3 players. There were 18 players to start. The typical mafia has a ratio of 1/5--1/4 the players, depending on balance. It's not unheard of to have a 1:3 or 1:6 ratio, but it's uncommon and with good reason - especially in a themed game. If you happened to figure out a mafioso on DP1 (which is frequent as another character could easily CC them) then there would be 2 mafia players vs. 17 other players. How the hell could the mafia become the majority? It would be disheartening and a long, tough road. I gave the mafia 4 players AND the potential to recruit Wylted (the vampire). I stand by that choice. Looking back I probably would have excluded the Vampire possibility, but I definitely wouldn't have used just 3 mafia players. If anything I would have used 4 with a vanilla goon. There's no way 3 would have been a fair amount, especially if the RB died early on.

I agree that the town may have been underpowered... maybe.

A huge town benefit was being able to character and role claim with ease without the possibility of a CC. That's a huge advantage in themed games, which is why I tend to "underpower" the town roles.

You know that Nicky (the tracker) and Crazy Eyes (the watcher) are going to be in the game, so both of those players basically had free passes against a lynch. Both of those people could also prove their roles. Pennsatucky was a questionable character, but being insane her role was technically still useful as you could decipher her results (they would just be opposite). The doctor was weak but still effective. XLAV protected Solon successfully and prevented a NK on him. The bleeder could literally prove their role in the DP (although would eventually die anyway).

Alex Vause as vigilante would also never be lynched, meaning the mafia had definitive people they had to kill during the night including her (but they couldn't due to protection). Honestly, Solon made a few costly mistakes that inhibited the town's night time abilities. But I think the roles were fair. There was a Bulletproof character who couldn't be shot, the Beloved Princess was a 1-shot BP (which could also thwart a mafia NK) and yeah... stuff. It's probably true that the town was slightly underpowered, but again the advantage of having definitive claims in a themed game seemed like an advantage that had to be considered and accounted for.

Thanks for modding. I had fun, except for the flame war.

YW - I enjoyed this game :)

My one major hangup, though, was how rushed it was, especially NP1.
It is hard to play when there are no concrete deadlines.

I completely agree that I rushed NP1. The thing is that there were still so many players in the game at that time, and it takes awhile to collect night actions. I like to think that I'm a really efficient mod. I keep up with the games and don't waste time. I asked everyone to submit their night actions while the DP was still going on, and since so many people did, the night phase was very short because I had already collected most of my night actions. Mods have done this in the past and it has worked very well. I didn't think it was too terrible in this game but I see your point, and Solon might agree with you. However most of the town players with night actions were killed early on except Solon and XLAV so that's why the night phases were very quick.
President of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 10:33:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I agree, Budda is who should get MVP.

I intentionally looked scummy, and then gave in when I did in the hope that it would get Budda mislynched and have him replace TV. It was great because after mislynching Budda, I knew that everyone would be "once bitten twice shy." But, I had to play like a scummy noob AND defend him to allow that to happen - although the only reason I could is because Budda wasn't playing his town meta like he normally does AND bullish was relying on theme analysis. Budda really played exceptionally well, and I always learn a lot from him.

When Bsh1 asked me if I was scum or not, that also gave me the perfect opportunity to deflect increasing suspicion of Endarkened, whose role was substantially more valuable than mine, so we got to keep him alive for a bit longer. It was an acceptable cost, and it eventually facilitated what I wanted -Budda and Dalt (the least scummy players in the game) misdirecting the town to the end, without me having to worry about a fake claim or anything like that. There were really only two good fake claims on the board that I could see, and it was far better that Budda and Dalt had them rather than Endark and I. For some reason, we always appear more scummy than we are haha.... So, that was really useful, even though I would have preferred to have Endark alive for a bit longer than he was but I guess that's how the cookie crumbles.
Tsar of DDO
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 10:40:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/14/2014 10:14:33 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 8/14/2014 8:47:41 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I disagree with given Mikal a variant of the role and Bullish an X-shot, as I have never played an open set up with flavors. But, if that is not unheard of, or you did state it, then ignore that.

This is good feedback. To be honest, when I initially sent Bullish his role I implied that he could commute every night, so he wasn't flavored. Then when he asked me about it, I said his role was 3-shot to make it less powerful. Maybe this is because I realized he might be semi-confirmed from my mod mistake, hmm.

I NERFED MYSELF?!

Fckin sh!t.
0x5f3759df
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 10:41:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This game is the biggest fuuck up of my entire mafia career. (Not blaming the mod)

GG anyway.
0x5f3759df
YYW
Posts: 36,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 10:46:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
@Dani

This was a fantastic game. Well designed, and the theme made it really interesting as well :)

@Bsh1

The reason I didn't want you to feel bad about calling me out is that it gave me the opportunity to shift the focus from Endark, whose role needed to be preserved. It was a gambit on my part, and yielded a long-term strategic advantage to the mafia.

@Dalt, Budda and Endark

You guys are great. Really excellent! *pops champagne even though I don't like champagne*

Some final thoughts:

GG everyone. I really enjoyed this!
Tsar of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 10:55:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/14/2014 10:40:10 AM, Bullish wrote:
I NERFED MYSELF?!

Fckin sh!t.

lol kinda... I looked back on my initial PM to you and it said:

You are Lorna Morello, a town Commuter. Each night phase you leave town, thus making you unable to be the target of any night actions. You win with the town.

And to be fair, I think the town was kind of lackadaisical in analysis toward the end. I'm not blaming it on a specific person. I feel like if Wylted were in the game longer then some analysis might have been explored that wasn't. It also would have been interesting if TV stayed in the game and played as mafia, and Budda continued (or replaced someone) as town.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 10:56:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Then again too much analysis can hurt things. I dunno, I think you all did well and I appreciated the activity. Good game :)
President of DDO
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 11:03:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The replacement list:

01. Bullish
02. TUF
03. Mikal
04. rross > Khaos 2
05. Ifly > Wylted
06. Endark
07. Wylted
08. Khaos
09. bsh1
10. Daltonian
11. YYW
12. 9spaceking > TUF > Solon 2
13. XLAV
14. tulle
15. Buddamoose
16. GodChoosesLife > Solon
17. BicMac
18. tvellalott > Budda 2

Mt DP1 read list (scum = bold):

At 8/6/2014 9:02:41 PM, Bullish wrote:
Reads. Short version.

01. Bullish - town
02. TUF - null
03. Mikal - ignore
04. rross - town
05. Ifly - town (cause character claim)
06. Endark - null. I town read him at one point but I forgot why.
07. Wylted - town
08. Khaos - town
09. bsh1 - town
10. Daltonian - town
11. YYW - inactive
12. 9spaceking - inactive
13. XLAV - town
14. tulle - null
15. Buddamoose - scum
16. GodChoosesLife - ignore
17. BicMac - ignore
18. tvellalott - ignore

Dalt's claim was absolutely brilliant. It completely masked his ultra scummy playstyle that I was all up about.
0x5f3759df
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 11:06:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 9:36:45 PM, bsh1 wrote:
01. Bullish - Strongest scum read, though, that's relative. It isn't really that strong in an absolute sense.
02. TUF - Null. Needs to be active more.
03. Mikal - Null. I want to see more from him.
04. rross - Slight scum. Tends to be less interogative and more defeatist as scum.
05. Ifly - Slight Scum. Needs to be more active. Inactivity is a great way to dodge tough questions.
06. Endark - Slight town.
07. Wylted - Null. I would like to see more substance from him.
08. Khaos - Null. I reserve judgment atm.
09. bsh1 - Me! Woot!
10. Daltonian - Slight Town.
11. YYW - Null. Needs to be active more.
12. 9spaceking - Null. Needs to be active more.
13. XLAV - Slight scum.
14. tulle - Town.
15. Buddamoose - Town.
16. GodChoosesLife - Likely town.
17. BicMac - barely posted. What is his meta?
18. TV - Interested to see what he will contribute tonight. He tends to be relatively inactive.

So I promised to kiss bsh1's a$s if even 1 of his scum reads were correct.

At 8/5/2014 4:01:01 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 8/4/2014 9:36:45 PM, bsh1 wrote:
01. Bullish - Strongest scum read, though, that's relative. It isn't really that strong in an absolute sense.

04. rross - Slight scum. Tends to be less interogative and more defeatist as scum.
05. Ifly - Slight Scum. Needs to be more active. Inactivity is a great way to dodge tough questions.

13. XLAV - Slight scum.

I would figuratively kiss your @ss (if YYW allows me) if a single one of those scum reads are correct.

Looks like I don't have to.

Alright my ego is back up to normal levels.
0x5f3759df
YYW
Posts: 36,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 11:11:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/14/2014 11:06:43 AM, Bullish wrote:
I would figuratively kiss your @ss (if YYW allows me) if a single one of those scum reads are correct.

Looks like I don't have to.

lol
Tsar of DDO