Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

FourTrouble's Mafia Stats

FourTrouble
Posts: 12,777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 3:52:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I was kinda curious what my win ratios are too. They're actually much better than I expected.

Games:
1. 5DS Mafia - Town - Win
2. Burn Notice Mafia - Mafia - Win
3. The Wire Mafia - Town - Loss
4. WalMart Mafia - Town - Loss
5. Countries Mafia - Mafia - Win
6. Action Movies - Mafia - Win
7. Vito"s Revenge - Third-Party - Loss
8. Items Mafia - Town - Win
9. Once Upon a Time - Mafia - Win
10. Kill Bill Mafia - Town - Win
11. Marxism Mafia - Mafia - Win
12. Blaise Massacre - Town - Win
13. Companies Mafia - Mafia - Loss
14. Horror Mafia - Town - Loss
15. Action Shows - Town - Loss
16. The Mentalist - Mafia - Win
17. Redwall mafia - Third-Party - Loss
18. Slaves of Time - Mafia - Loss
19. Lord of the Rings Mafia - Town - Win
20. Electronic Devices - Mafia - Loss
21. Philosophers Mafia - Town - Loss
22. A Not So Quaint Town - Mafia - Win
23. Celebrities - Town - Loss
24. EpicDDO - Mafia - Loss
25. Fire and Ice - Town - Loss
26. Harry Potter - Mafia - Win
27. Christmas Mafia - Mafia - Win
28. Philosophers Mafia - Mafia - Win
29. Steampunk Mafia - Town - Loss
30. Singer Mafia - Town - Win
31. Madness in Delderra - Town - Loss
32. Sherlock Mafia - Town - Loss
33. Philosophers 2 - Town - Win
34. Naval Warfare - Town - Loss
35. Fear Mafia - Town - Loss
36. Rosario and Vampire - Town - Win
37. Castle in the Sky - Town - Loss
38. Romance of the Three Kingdoms - Mafia - Win
39. Alexander Quick - Town - Win
40. Fantasy - Town - Loss
41. Eternal Nightmare - Town - Win
42. Johnny Depp - Town - Win
43. Shades of our Lives - Town - Win
44. WhiteFlag Nightless - Town - Win
45. Philosophers 3 - Mafia - Loss
46. Magic the Gathering - Town - Loss
47. Kotor II - Town - Win
48. League of Legends - Town - Win
49. Chaos Theory - Mafia - Win
50. Code Geass - Town - Win

Stats:
Wins: 28
Losses: 22

Town Record: 16 - 15
Town Win Rate: 51.6%

Mafia Record: 12 - 5
Mafia Win Rate: 70.6%

Third-Party Record: 0 - 2
Third-Party Win Rate: 0%

First 40 Games:
Overall: 20 - 20
Win Rate: 50%

Town Record: 9 - 14
Win Rate: 39.1%

Mafia Record: 11 - 4
Win Rate: 73.3%

Last 10 Games:

Overall: 8-2
Win Rate: 80%

Town Record: 7 - 1
Win Rate: 87.5%

Mafia Record: 1 - 1
Win Rate: 50%

I found a couple interesting things.

First, there was a major turning point in my town games recently. After F-16's Fantasy game, my town record was 9 - 14. I then went 7 - 1 in the next 8 games, to end at 16 - 15. This explains why my stats are better than I thought. I remembered losing lots of games as town, but I've won a lot recently, so my stats look better than they ever have. I attribute this recent success to two things: (1) newer players aren't as paranoid that I'm scum because they don't remember the days when I was mafia all the time; (2) as a result, they are more trusting of my reads, which has allowed me to make a bigger impact on games as town than I used to.

Second, I used to be be mafia too much. I was mafia 14 times in my first 28 games. That means I was mafia 50% of the time. When you consider that mafia generally makes up 25% of the players in a game, that means I was playing as mafia twice as much as I should have been, assuming roles were randomized. This is particularly interesting given everyone's belief that I don't play as mafia. This point stands out further if you look at the last 10 games I've played. I was mafia twice. That's 20%, which is surprisingly close to the average of 25%. So the idea that I don't play this game as mafia is bullsh!t and debunked. I don't like playing as mafia. That doesn't mean I don't do it.

Third, my win rate as mafia is ridiculously high compared to my town win rate. I believe this is because there is a much higher degree of control over a game as mafia. When you're town, you can get night-killed, or get stuck with sh!tty teammates. On the other hand, as mafia, you can still win games even if all your teammates suck, and since you control the night-kill, you won't die unless town actually suspects you. A player's individual skill has a much larger impact on a game when they are mafia.
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 11:00:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Can we policy NK you NP1 instead of me? You are obviously much better town than me. xD
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 11:33:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 11:25:29 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Do you really ragequit if you are mafioso in a game?

Asking the important questions.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 1:24:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 11:33:07 AM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 8/16/2014 11:25:29 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Do you really ragequit if you are mafioso in a game?

Asking the important questions.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
XLAV
Posts: 13,719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 5:49:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 1:24:02 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 8/16/2014 11:33:07 AM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 8/16/2014 11:25:29 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Do you really ragequit if you are mafioso in a game?

Asking the important questions.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 8:43:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 7:28:08 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
drafter, when you had that "pick your role" game, I picked mafia... Do you actually think I ragequit when I'm mafia?

I distinctly recall you saying you'll only join a game if you're not mafia.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 8:50:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 8:43:08 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 8/16/2014 7:28:08 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
drafter, when you had that "pick your role" game, I picked mafia... Do you actually think I ragequit when I'm mafia?

I distinctly recall you saying you'll only join a game if you're not mafia.

Well. Okay. Here's the true story. I used to tell people that when IN GAME to not get lynched as town. The reality is, I prefer town so I used to look for games to replace into where I was certain I'd be town. Then I'd tell people I wouldn't replace into a game as mafia. But I'm totally willing to play as mafia. I've done it many times, and continue to do it when I get a mafia role PM.

What killed my reputation was Lucky's game. I was the only mafia in the game. Before the game started, I told Lucky he had to push the game back till the 25th of the month or I couldn't play. I was too busy for two weeks and wanted Lucky to push the game back. Lucky decided to replace me instead. I was lynched D1, because people assumed I had ragequit because I was mafia. Game ended, and everyone suddenly believed I would ragequit if mafia. It's actually not true though. Just a coincidence that I was busy and Lucky replaced me instead of pushing his game's start date back a couple weeks.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 9:44:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 8:50:20 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:43:08 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 8/16/2014 7:28:08 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
drafter, when you had that "pick your role" game, I picked mafia... Do you actually think I ragequit when I'm mafia?

I distinctly recall you saying you'll only join a game if you're not mafia.

Well. Okay. Here's the true story. I used to tell people that when IN GAME to not get lynched as town. The reality is, I prefer town so I used to look for games to replace into where I was certain I'd be town. Then I'd tell people I wouldn't replace into a game as mafia. But I'm totally willing to play as mafia. I've done it many times, and continue to do it when I get a mafia role PM.

What killed my reputation was Lucky's game. I was the only mafia in the game. Before the game started, I told Lucky he had to push the game back till the 25th of the month or I couldn't play. I was too busy for two weeks and wanted Lucky to push the game back. Lucky decided to replace me instead. I was lynched D1, because people assumed I had ragequit because I was mafia. Game ended, and everyone suddenly believed I would ragequit if mafia. It's actually not true though. Just a coincidence that I was busy and Lucky replaced me instead of pushing his game's start date back a couple weeks.

LOL, ok, well if you're deliberately lying in game (though I'm sure you've said this out of game as well) as some sort of pseudo-meta tactic then don't call it a bullsh1t myth that you've debunked - you created the myth! If you go around telling people you quit when you're mafia you can't exactly act surprised when people go around saying that you quit when mafia.
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 9:48:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 8:50:20 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:43:08 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 8/16/2014 7:28:08 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
drafter, when you had that "pick your role" game, I picked mafia... Do you actually think I ragequit when I'm mafia?

I distinctly recall you saying you'll only join a game if you're not mafia.

Before the game started, I told Lucky he had to push the game back till the 25th of the month or I couldn't play.

For the sake of clarity, I was not informed until after role pms were released and was asked to delay the game for 10 days. Doing so would have almost certainly caused a noticeable drop in activity and interest once the game actually started. FT also consistently "goes to bed" whenever he gets a non-town role pm in live mafia without playing the game out. That's all I want to say about the matter.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 9:49:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 9:44:01 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:50:20 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:43:08 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 8/16/2014 7:28:08 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
drafter, when you had that "pick your role" game, I picked mafia... Do you actually think I ragequit when I'm mafia?

I distinctly recall you saying you'll only join a game if you're not mafia.

Well. Okay. Here's the true story. I used to tell people that when IN GAME to not get lynched as town. The reality is, I prefer town so I used to look for games to replace into where I was certain I'd be town. Then I'd tell people I wouldn't replace into a game as mafia. But I'm totally willing to play as mafia. I've done it many times, and continue to do it when I get a mafia role PM.

What killed my reputation was Lucky's game. I was the only mafia in the game. Before the game started, I told Lucky he had to push the game back till the 25th of the month or I couldn't play. I was too busy for two weeks and wanted Lucky to push the game back. Lucky decided to replace me instead. I was lynched D1, because people assumed I had ragequit because I was mafia. Game ended, and everyone suddenly believed I would ragequit if mafia. It's actually not true though. Just a coincidence that I was busy and Lucky replaced me instead of pushing his game's start date back a couple weeks.

LOL, ok, well if you're deliberately lying in game (though I'm sure you've said this out of game as well) as some sort of pseudo-meta tactic then don't call it a bullsh1t myth that you've debunked - you created the myth! If you go around telling people you quit when you're mafia you can't exactly act surprised when people go around saying that you quit when mafia.

I never told people I quit as mafia. I told people I only played as town, and that was at a time when I was only replacing into games. That way, I could ask the mod beforehand whether the open slot was town.
I never joined a game from the start, and told people I would have quit if I had received a mafia role PM.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 9:50:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 9:48:02 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:50:20 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:43:08 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 8/16/2014 7:28:08 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
drafter, when you had that "pick your role" game, I picked mafia... Do you actually think I ragequit when I'm mafia?

I distinctly recall you saying you'll only join a game if you're not mafia.

Before the game started, I told Lucky he had to push the game back till the 25th of the month or I couldn't play.

For the sake of clarity, I was not informed until after role pms were released and was asked to delay the game for 10 days. Doing so would have almost certainly caused a noticeable drop in activity and interest once the game actually started. FT also consistently "goes to bed" whenever he gets a non-town role pm in live mafia without playing the game out. That's all I want to say about the matter.

Live mafia at 4 in the morning - yes, I fall asleep. As for your game, sh!t came up in real life. There wasn't anything I could do about that. I was actually very excited to play your game.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 9:55:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 9:49:20 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 8/16/2014 9:44:01 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:50:20 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:43:08 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 8/16/2014 7:28:08 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
drafter, when you had that "pick your role" game, I picked mafia... Do you actually think I ragequit when I'm mafia?

I distinctly recall you saying you'll only join a game if you're not mafia.

Well. Okay. Here's the true story. I used to tell people that when IN GAME to not get lynched as town. The reality is, I prefer town so I used to look for games to replace into where I was certain I'd be town. Then I'd tell people I wouldn't replace into a game as mafia. But I'm totally willing to play as mafia. I've done it many times, and continue to do it when I get a mafia role PM.

What killed my reputation was Lucky's game. I was the only mafia in the game. Before the game started, I told Lucky he had to push the game back till the 25th of the month or I couldn't play. I was too busy for two weeks and wanted Lucky to push the game back. Lucky decided to replace me instead. I was lynched D1, because people assumed I had ragequit because I was mafia. Game ended, and everyone suddenly believed I would ragequit if mafia. It's actually not true though. Just a coincidence that I was busy and Lucky replaced me instead of pushing his game's start date back a couple weeks.

LOL, ok, well if you're deliberately lying in game (though I'm sure you've said this out of game as well) as some sort of pseudo-meta tactic then don't call it a bullsh1t myth that you've debunked - you created the myth! If you go around telling people you quit when you're mafia you can't exactly act surprised when people go around saying that you quit when mafia.

I never told people I quit as mafia. I told people I only played as town, and that was at a time when I was only replacing into games. That way, I could ask the mod beforehand whether the open slot was town.
I never joined a game from the start, and told people I would have quit if I had received a mafia role PM.

1. He thinks we're scum even though I replaced into the game. The fact I replaced in should is basically confirmation that this slot is town. His claim that this is a fallacy doesn't apply because it is well-known that I only play town. The evidence of this lies in the last 10 games, where I consistently only play as town, and even replace out of games when I get stuck with scum.

http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 1:17:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 9:55:32 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 8/16/2014 9:49:20 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 8/16/2014 9:44:01 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:50:20 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:43:08 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 8/16/2014 7:28:08 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
drafter, when you had that "pick your role" game, I picked mafia... Do you actually think I ragequit when I'm mafia?

I distinctly recall you saying you'll only join a game if you're not mafia.

Well. Okay. Here's the true story. I used to tell people that when IN GAME to not get lynched as town. The reality is, I prefer town so I used to look for games to replace into where I was certain I'd be town. Then I'd tell people I wouldn't replace into a game as mafia. But I'm totally willing to play as mafia. I've done it many times, and continue to do it when I get a mafia role PM.

What killed my reputation was Lucky's game. I was the only mafia in the game. Before the game started, I told Lucky he had to push the game back till the 25th of the month or I couldn't play. I was too busy for two weeks and wanted Lucky to push the game back. Lucky decided to replace me instead. I was lynched D1, because people assumed I had ragequit because I was mafia. Game ended, and everyone suddenly believed I would ragequit if mafia. It's actually not true though. Just a coincidence that I was busy and Lucky replaced me instead of pushing his game's start date back a couple weeks.

LOL, ok, well if you're deliberately lying in game (though I'm sure you've said this out of game as well) as some sort of pseudo-meta tactic then don't call it a bullsh1t myth that you've debunked - you created the myth! If you go around telling people you quit when you're mafia you can't exactly act surprised when people go around saying that you quit when mafia.

I never told people I quit as mafia. I told people I only played as town, and that was at a time when I was only replacing into games. That way, I could ask the mod beforehand whether the open slot was town.
I never joined a game from the start, and told people I would have quit if I had received a mafia role PM.

1. He thinks we're scum even though I replaced into the game. The fact I replaced in should is basically confirmation that this slot is town. His claim that this is a fallacy doesn't apply because it is well-known that I only play town. The evidence of this lies in the last 10 games, where I consistently only play as town, and even replace out of games when I get stuck with scum.

http://www.debate.org...

http://www.quickmeme.com...
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227