Total Posts:325|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

DotD Mafia DP1

SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,085
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 6:22:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Welcome, all! This is mafia, with a twist. Some of you know what it is, others don't. All role PMs were titled "Mafia PM", so unless you were specifically told you were scum, you are not. Good luck, and begin!
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
XLAV
Posts: 13,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 6:28:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 6:22:10 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Welcome, all! This is mafia, with a twist. Some of you know what it is, others don't. All role PMs were titled "Mafia PM", so unless you were specifically told you were scum, you are not. Good luck, and begin!

Can we have a living players list?
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,085
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 6:55:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Living Players
1. EndarkenedRationalist
2.PotbelliedGeek
3. XLAV
4. Jonbonbon
5. Bullish
6. Wylted
7. Yama
8. BigMac
9. Solon
10. StarkTek
11. 9space
12. Danielle
13. Dalton
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 7:02:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
VTL dalt.
not sure why that guy but I'm fine with pressurin' ppl right now
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 7:20:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 7:06:16 PM, XLAV wrote:
VTL 9space

Screw you 9space.

uh-huh.... Y U SO MAD BRO?
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 7:21:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm just gonna soft-claim here:

I can't wait to show off my role! It's amazing!

Underline a bunch of key-words, and you get my role.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,085
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 7:27:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Vote Count
Dalt (2/7)- Bullish, 9space
9space (1/7)- XLAV
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 7:49:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If you guys really want me to claim, I will, but I personally would not advise forcing me to. It would reveal the "twist" preemptively and probably benefit scum just as equally as it might town.

I will hint that this is a game of uncertainty for everyone, especially me. There is likely no informed minority and there is an even less informed majority.

So, soft claim: My character is one that at least one person (probably more) also has; these people effectively now know who I am
My role is uncertain even to me
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 7:58:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'd also advise that anyone who shares my character not out themselves, as it's unclear what exactly we are and I don't know who or what scum are, so if I die tonight, we are probably directly tied into the scum win condition

That's a half-claim in itself :P
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 8:20:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
UNVOTE
hmm...seems legitimate. He could also be trying a certain strategy. I'm guessing cult/mason or mimic.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 8:30:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Yama's first request: Please don't sheep.
By the Gods, you should each have a mind of your own. From what I've witnessed, a good number of you are going to let someone take the lead for you.
To XLAV: .:.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 8:32:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 7:49:25 PM, Daltonian wrote:
If you guys really want me to claim, I will, but I personally would not advise forcing me to. It would reveal the "twist" preemptively and probably benefit scum just as equally as it might town.

I will hint that this is a game of uncertainty for everyone, especially me. There is likely no informed minority and there is an even less informed majority.

So, soft claim: My character is one that at least one person (probably more) also has; these people effectively now know who I am
My role is uncertain even to me
Claiming is a 2-way street. If someone pushes you, feel free to do the same.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 8:33:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 8:30:18 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Yama's first request: Please don't sheep.
By the Gods, you should each have a mind of your own. From what I've witnessed, a good number of you are going to let someone take the lead for you.
To XLAV: .:.

well...the more votes, the more pressure, and therefore the more the people are likely to crumble or forced to fake-claim.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 8:34:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 8:33:22 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:30:18 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Yama's first request: Please don't sheep.
By the Gods, you should each have a mind of your own. From what I've witnessed, a good number of you are going to let someone take the lead for you.
To XLAV: .:.

well...the more votes, the more pressure, and therefore the more the people are likely to crumble or forced to fake-claim.
He lead your lynching... I'm actually quite surprised it worked. Anyone sane would have killed both XLAV and his follower.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 8:35:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 8:34:50 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:33:22 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:30:18 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Yama's first request: Please don't sheep.
By the Gods, you should each have a mind of your own. From what I've witnessed, a good number of you are going to let someone take the lead for you.
To XLAV: .:.

well...the more votes, the more pressure, and therefore the more the people are likely to crumble or forced to fake-claim.
He lead your lynching... I'm actually quite surprised it worked. Anyone sane would have killed both XLAV and his follower.

Well my strategy was terrible anyways, I was being really suspicious. At least we now know at the very least YYW and Bookie's reads are trustworthy and accurate.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 8:36:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 8:32:02 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/16/2014 7:49:25 PM, Daltonian wrote:
If you guys really want me to claim, I will, but I personally would not advise forcing me to. It would reveal the "twist" preemptively and probably benefit scum just as equally as it might town.

I will hint that this is a game of uncertainty for everyone, especially me. There is likely no informed minority and there is an even less informed majority.

So, soft claim: My character is one that at least one person (probably more) also has; these people effectively now know who I am
My role is uncertain even to me
Claiming is a 2-way street. If someone pushes you, feel free to do the same.
Ahh boy this is gonna be an interesting game
VTL Bullish for soft claim
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 8:37:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 8:35:44 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:34:50 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:33:22 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:30:18 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Yama's first request: Please don't sheep.
By the Gods, you should each have a mind of your own. From what I've witnessed, a good number of you are going to let someone take the lead for you.
To XLAV: .:.

well...the more votes, the more pressure, and therefore the more the people are likely to crumble or forced to fake-claim.
He lead your lynching... I'm actually quite surprised it worked. Anyone sane would have killed both XLAV and his follower.

Well my strategy was terrible anyways, I was being really suspicious. At least we now know at the very least YYW and Bookie's reads are trustworthy and accurate.
Huh. If you don't hold grudges over it, I won't either.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 8:38:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 8:36:31 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:32:02 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/16/2014 7:49:25 PM, Daltonian wrote:
If you guys really want me to claim, I will, but I personally would not advise forcing me to. It would reveal the "twist" preemptively and probably benefit scum just as equally as it might town.

I will hint that this is a game of uncertainty for everyone, especially me. There is likely no informed minority and there is an even less informed majority.

So, soft claim: My character is one that at least one person (probably more) also has; these people effectively now know who I am
My role is uncertain even to me
Claiming is a 2-way street. If someone pushes you, feel free to do the same.
Ahh boy this is gonna be an interesting game
VTL Bullish for soft claim
A sane game. That bull that is happening in the other one will be trolled to death if it comes here.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 8:39:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 8:38:20 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:36:31 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:32:02 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/16/2014 7:49:25 PM, Daltonian wrote:
If you guys really want me to claim, I will, but I personally would not advise forcing me to. It would reveal the "twist" preemptively and probably benefit scum just as equally as it might town.

I will hint that this is a game of uncertainty for everyone, especially me. There is likely no informed minority and there is an even less informed majority.

So, soft claim: My character is one that at least one person (probably more) also has; these people effectively now know who I am
My role is uncertain even to me
Claiming is a 2-way street. If someone pushes you, feel free to do the same.
Ahh boy this is gonna be an interesting game
VTL Bullish for soft claim
A sane game. That bull that is happening in the other one will be trolled to death if it comes here.
????
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 8:41:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 8:39:43 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:38:20 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:36:31 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:32:02 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/16/2014 7:49:25 PM, Daltonian wrote:
If you guys really want me to claim, I will, but I personally would not advise forcing me to. It would reveal the "twist" preemptively and probably benefit scum just as equally as it might town.

I will hint that this is a game of uncertainty for everyone, especially me. There is likely no informed minority and there is an even less informed majority.

So, soft claim: My character is one that at least one person (probably more) also has; these people effectively now know who I am
My role is uncertain even to me
Claiming is a 2-way street. If someone pushes you, feel free to do the same.
Ahh boy this is gonna be an interesting game
VTL Bullish for soft claim
A sane game. That bull that is happening in the other one will be trolled to death if it comes here.
????
I will beat them to death with my peace prize before I let XLAV and his lackey take control. I must admit that this is due to both terrible hunting and a personal distrust of her on my part.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 8:43:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 8:35:44 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:34:50 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:33:22 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:30:18 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Yama's first request: Please don't sheep.
By the Gods, you should each have a mind of your own. From what I've witnessed, a good number of you are going to let someone take the lead for you.
To XLAV: .:.

well...the more votes, the more pressure, and therefore the more the people are likely to crumble or forced to fake-claim.
He lead your lynching... I'm actually quite surprised it worked. Anyone sane would have killed both XLAV and his follower.

Well my strategy was terrible anyways, I was being really suspicious. At least we now know at the very least YYW and Bookie's reads are trustworthy and accurate.

First, you know nothing of the sort.
Second, don't talk about ongoing games. (or, at least the affiliations/motives of living players)
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 8:48:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 8:41:55 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:39:43 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:38:20 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:36:31 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:32:02 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/16/2014 7:49:25 PM, Daltonian wrote:
If you guys really want me to claim, I will, but I personally would not advise forcing me to. It would reveal the "twist" preemptively and probably benefit scum just as equally as it might town.

I will hint that this is a game of uncertainty for everyone, especially me. There is likely no informed minority and there is an even less informed majority.

So, soft claim: My character is one that at least one person (probably more) also has; these people effectively now know who I am
My role is uncertain even to me
Claiming is a 2-way street. If someone pushes you, feel free to do the same.
Ahh boy this is gonna be an interesting game
VTL Bullish for soft claim
A sane game. That bull that is happening in the other one will be trolled to death if it comes here.
????
I will beat them to death with my peace prize before I let XLAV and his lackey take control. I must admit that this is due to both terrible hunting and a personal distrust of her on my part.

You, too.
Don't talk about other games going on.
If this distrust of XLAV you have is from this game alone, that is fine.
If it is in personal experiences with him, that's fine too.
However, if you are specifically referring to the fact you think he is mafia in the other game, that is not cool.
That is influencing players, and you should avoid it.
My work here is, finally, done.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 8:50:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 8:48:51 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:41:55 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:39:43 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:38:20 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:36:31 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:32:02 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 8/16/2014 7:49:25 PM, Daltonian wrote:
If you guys really want me to claim, I will, but I personally would not advise forcing me to. It would reveal the "twist" preemptively and probably benefit scum just as equally as it might town.

I will hint that this is a game of uncertainty for everyone, especially me. There is likely no informed minority and there is an even less informed majority.

So, soft claim: My character is one that at least one person (probably more) also has; these people effectively now know who I am
My role is uncertain even to me
Claiming is a 2-way street. If someone pushes you, feel free to do the same.
Ahh boy this is gonna be an interesting game
VTL Bullish for soft claim
A sane game. That bull that is happening in the other one will be trolled to death if it comes here.
????
I will beat them to death with my peace prize before I let XLAV and his lackey take control. I must admit that this is due to both terrible hunting and a personal distrust of her on my part.

You, too.
Don't talk about other games going on.
If this distrust of XLAV you have is from this game alone, that is fine.
If it is in personal experiences with him, that's fine too.
However, if you are specifically referring to the fact you think he is mafia in the other game, that is not cool.
That is influencing players, and you should avoid it.
Firstly, I will do as I please. Secondly, I have a general distrust of XLAV. Due to him being DDO's shepherd.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 8:57:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 8:50:35 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Firstly, I will do as I please. Secondly, I have a general distrust of XLAV. Due to him being DDO's shepherd.

So, you wouldn't care if I started reading players in this game, and saying Player X should be lynched for reason Y, or Player A is claiming role B?
It's an issue of respect: to the mod, to the players, and to the game.

Second, I'd love to hear how/why you think he is DDO's shepard, but I don't want to derail the game (especially since I am not playing). Send me a PM, or post it in the endgame of the beginner game (when it's up), since you seem to have an issue with me as well.
My work here is, finally, done.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 9:01:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 8:57:45 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/16/2014 8:50:35 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Firstly, I will do as I please. Secondly, I have a general distrust of XLAV. Due to him being DDO's shepherd.

So, you wouldn't care if I started reading players in this game, and saying Player X should be lynched for reason Y, or Player A is claiming role B?
It's an issue of respect: to the mod, to the players, and to the game.

Second, I'd love to hear how/why you think he is DDO's shepard, but I don't want to derail the game (especially since I am not playing). Send me a PM, or post it in the endgame of the beginner game (when it's up), since you seem to have an issue with me as well.

Advocating a player should be lynched and stating they shouldn't be given free reign are different things. I honestly couldn't care less what you do. For more information on XLAV being a shepherd, refer to literally any game he plays.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 9:13:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 9:01:12 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Advocating a player should be lynched and stating they shouldn't be given free reign are different things.
You are saying what players in the beginner game should be doing.
There are four players in this game that are alive in that one.
It's really a simple thing: don't talk about ongoing games.

I honestly couldn't care less what you do. For more information on XLAV being a shepherd, refer to literally any game he plays.
Ummmm, he's a sheep to Wylted. That is the opposite of shepard. Most players, it seems, don't take XLAV seriously, and if they join the wagon, it is because they agree with it, not because he is on it.

That game is the only game someone has sheeped him to my knowledge (I did not read any insurgents games, so maybe he did then), and I have my reasons for doing so. In fact, I have stated them explicitly.

And, with that, I'll leave you be.
My work here is, finally, done.