Jump to topic:

Super Smash Bros. Mafia ENDGAME

TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:22:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
1st place - Mafia (XLAV, Mikal, PBG/PeacefulChaos, EndarkenedRationalist)
2nd place - Town
3rd place - TP (ford_prefect)

Daltonian and Khaos were killed in the night. With just trekie (town) and EndarkenedRationalist (mafia) surviving, the mafia wins!

Day phases:
DP1: http://www.debate.org...
DP2: http://www.debate.org...
DP3: http://www.debate.org...
DP4: http://www.debate.org...
DP5: http://www.debate.org...

Players:
1. SolonKR - Zero Suit Samus - Tracker - Town
2. XLAV - Mewtwo - Godfather - Mafia
3. TUF - Villager - Vanilla - Town
4. Mikal - Roy - Strongman - Mafia
5. lannan13 - Ganondorf - JOAT (1x Vig, RB, LP) - Town
6. PeacefulChaos[2] (sub. PotBelliedGeek) - Dr. Mario - Vendor - Mafia
7. Wylted - Yoshi - Jailkeeper - Town
8. EndarkenedRationalist - Pokemon Trainer - JOAT (cycle NK, RB, Follower) - Mafia
9. Daltonian[2] (sub. 9spaceking) - Wii Fit Trainer - Doctor - Town
10. Daltonian - Fox - Watcher - Town
11. ford_prefect - Crazy Hand - JOAT (1x randomizer, messenger, framer) - TP
12. Buddamoose - Ness - Cop - Town
13. Khaos_Mage - Kirby - Mimic - Town
14. trekie (sub. Smithereens) - Zelda - Dreamer - Town
15. PeacefulChaos (sub. royalpaladin) - Luigi - Hider - Town

Role PMs
Player: SolonKR
Character/Role: You are ZERO SUIT SAMUS. A bounty hunter, you are often hired by the Galactic Federation to help combat the Metroid. However, you have been separated from your power suit, and have been forced to resort to your Zero Suit instead. Because your current suit is better suited to espionage than fighting, you are the TRACKER. Each night, you may target another player. If they targeted another player that night, you will learn who they targeted.
Affiliation: You win with the town. The town wins when all of the mafia are dead.

Player: XLAV
Character/Role: You are MEWTWO. A pyschic-class legendary Pokemon, you were created through science by modifying the DNA of a Mew. You are a savage and vicious Pokemon, but also an enigma that few trainers know of and even fewer have seen. You are the GODFATHER. You will appear innocent in cop reports, and have the final say in who to kill at night.
Affiliation: You win with the mafia. The mafia wins when they comprise 50% of all living players.

Player: TUF/Khaos_Mage(2)
Character/Role: You are the VILLAGER. Hailing from the small town of Smashville, you are a talented fisherman, bug catcher, diver, and gardener. However, none of these skills are very well suited to fighting, and you have no experience fighting. Because of this, you are VANILLA. You have no special ability; your vote is your weapon.
Affiliation: You win with the town. The town wins when all of the mafia are dead.

Player: Mikal
Character/Role: You are ROY. A heroic leader of Lycia, you have immense power " when performing the Fire Blade attack at full strength, you can instantly knock our any fighter. It makes sense, then, that you are the STRONGMAN. If you perform the mafia nightkill, it cannot be blocked by any means. However, if the player you target is absent, the kill will not go through.
Affiliation: You win with the mafia. The mafia wins when they comprise 50% of all living players.

Player: lannan13
Character/Role: You are GANONDORF, the Great King of Evil. You are the King of the Gerudo and, you attempted to take over the Kingdom of Hyrule but your plot was discovered and foiled. However, you are a master of powerful magic and have been gifted with the Triforce of Power. For this reason, you are the JOAT. You have the following 1x abilities:
*Vigilante - During any night phase, you may target one person to die.
*Roleblocker - During any night phase, you may target one person, who will be unable to use their role for that night.
*Lynchproof - If you are voted to be lynched, your Triforce of Power will publicly activate, sparing you from death.

Player: PotBelliedGeek/PeacefulChaos[2]
Character/Role: You are Dr. Mario. Mario's alter-ego, you are a skilled doctor who works effortlessly to stop a virus epidemic in the Mushroom Kingdom. As a fighter, however, you deliver pills that cause pain. Your role is the VENDOR. Each night, you may send a package to another player. If the player chooses to open the package, they will be roleblocked for that night.

Player: Wylted
Character/Role: You are YOSHI. You are a dinosaur from Yoshi's Island, and one of Mario's closest friends and allies. You are perhaps most known for your ability to eat enemies and trap them in eggs. Because of this, you are the JAILKEEPER. Each night, you may target one player. That player will be trapped in an egg and will be roleblocked, but will also be safe from any lethal actions performed on them that night.

Player: EndarkenedRationalist
Character/Role: You are the POKEMON TRAINER. You are on a quest to become the Pokemon champion and catch all of the Pokemon, and have settled on three Pokemon in particular (Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivvysaur) as your favorites. Thus it makes sense that you are the JOAT. You have the following three powers:
*Follower (Squirtle) - During any night phase, you may target a player and will learn what action they perfomed, but not who they performed it on.
*Roleblocker (Ivvysaur) - During any night phase, you may target a player, making them unable to perform their night action on that night.
*Nightkill (Charizard) - During any night phase, you may target a player to be killed.
You may use one per night, however, and because you Pokemon will tire, you must wait at least two night phases before you can use that power again.

Player: 9spaceking/Daltonian[2]
Character/Role: You are the WII FIT TRAINER. You are an athletic trainer, and seek to improve the fitness of everyone. Although you are fit and active, it makes sense that you are the DOCTOR in this game. Each night, you may target a player. If they are targeted with a lethal action, you will heal them, preventing them from dying.

Player: Daltonian
Character/Role: You are FOX. Leader of the Star Fox team, an elite group of mercenaries, you are known for your speed, cunning, and flight ability. Although you have many abilities through both your vehicles and weapons, in this game you are the WATCHER. Each night, you may target another player, and you will learn if any other players targeted that player that night.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:24:19 PM
Player: ford_prefect
Character/Role: You are CRAZY HAND. You are the brother of Master Hand, the creator of the Super Smash Bros. World, but you do not share his creative desire. Instead, you seek chaos and destruction. You are the JOAT, and have the following three one-shot abilities:
*Randomizer - During any night phase, you may target another player. Any actions they perform that night will be randomized.
*Messenger - During any night phase, you may target another player. This player will receive a message informing them that you are town.
*Framer - During any night phase, you may target another player. From that night phase on, that player will appear as 'guilty' in cop investigations.
Affiliation: You are the survivor. If you survive to the end of the game, you win outright.

Player: Buddamoose
Character/Role: You are NESS. A kid from Onett, you learned you have pyschic powers and set out on an adventure to save the world from the evil Giygas. Although you have many abilities, in this game you are the COP. Each night you may choose another player, and you will learn if they win with the town or not.

Player: Khaos_mage
Character/Role: You are KIRBY. The hero of Pop Star, you have the amazing ability to eat other beings and absorb their abilities. Because of this, it makes sense that you are the MIMIC. During any night phase, you may choose another player and you will absorb their ability (if they have multiple abilities, your absorbed role will be chosen at random), which you may then use in subsequent night phases. You may only have one absorbed ability at a time, however, and it takes one night phase to absorb an ability.

Player: Smithereens/trekie
Character/Role: You are ZELDA, Princess of Hyrule. You have periodically seen into the future through dreams, so it makes sense that you are the DREAMER in this game. Each night, you will receive a dream. This dream will either be of a player who wins with the town, or of three players, at least one of which doesn't win with the town. If you are visited by any other player, however, you will not dream.

Player: royalpaladin/PeacefulChaos
Character/Role: You are LUIGI. The younger, taller brother of Mario, you have always played second fiddle. Although you have proven yourself to be a hero in your own right, you are afraid of monsters and ghosts. Because of this, you are the HIDER. Each night, you may choose another player to hide behind. This player will not know you have hid behind them, but any actions performed on that player will also be performed on you.

Actions:
DP1:
*Lynch XLAV (guilty) [10-3-1]

NP1:
*SolonKR - Track ford_prefect (visited Khaos_Mage)
*TUF - N/A
*lannan13 - Vig Wylted (successful)
*Wylted - Jail Khaos_Mage (failed) [died]
*9spaceking - Doc lannan13 (successful)
*Daltonian - Watch Khaos_Mage (Khaos_Mage was visited by PBG and ford)
*Buddamoose - Cop PeacefulChaos (failed) [died]
*Khaos_Mage - Mimic TUF (successful)
*Trekie - Dreamed of TUF
*PeacefulChaos (sub. royal paladin) - Hid behind Mikal [died]
*Mikal - Strongman Buddamoose (successful)
*PeacefulChaos - Vend to Khaos_Mage (succesful)
*EndarkenedRationalist - Follow Daltonian (Daltonian watched)
*ford_prefect - Message Khaos_Mage (successful)

DP2:
*Lynch Mikal (guilty) [7-2-1]

NP2:
*SolonKR - Track Khaos_Mage (visited no one)
*TUF - N/A
*lannan13 - Waived
*9spaceking - Doc Khaos_Mage (successful)
*Daltonian - Watch Khaos_Mage (failed)
*Khaos_Mage - Opened package (RBed)
*trekie - Did not dream
*PeacefulChaos - NK Khaos_Mage (failed), Vend to trekie (successful)
*EndarkenedRationalist - NK Daltonian (successful)
*ford_prefect - Frame PeacefulChaos (successful)

DP3:
*Lynch PeacefulChaos (guilty) [5-1-1]

NP3:
*SolonKR - Track Khaos_Mage (visited no one)
*TUF - N/A
*lannan13 - Waived
*9spaceking - Doc Khaos_Mage (failed)
*trekie - Dreamed of 9spaceking, EndarkenedRationalist, and ford_prefect
*EndarkenedRationalist - RB 9spaceking (successful), NK Khaos_Mage (successful)
*ford_prefect - Waived

DP4:
*Lynch SolonKR (innocent) [4-1-1]

NP4:
*Khaos_Mage[2] (sub. TUF) - N/A
*lannan13 - RB Ford (failed)
*Daltonian[2] (sub. 9spaceking) - Doc trekie
*trekie - Gave package to lannan13, did not dreamR32;*EndarkenedRationalist - Follow trekie (visited no one), NK lannan13
*ford_prefect - Randomize EndarkenedRationalist (randomized to trekie)

DP5:
*Lynch ford_prefect [3-1]

NP5:
*Khaos_mage[2] - N/A
*Daltonian[2] - Doc EndarkenedRationalist
*trekie - Did not dream
*EndarkenedRationalist - NK Khaos, Vig kill Daltonian
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:33:49 PM
This game was horribly unbalanced.
We lynched scum every day except once, and we still lost?

We had once mislynch and one misvig, and it cost us the game?!?
My work here is, finally, done.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:36:42 PM
At 8/19/2014 4:33:49 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

This^
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:46:30 PM

You had more than enough roles to overcome the mafia IMO.

That aside I'm not satisfied with this either. I didn't do a good job modding and activity was low.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:46:54 PM
TN05:
Did you inform either Dalton or 9space that his action failed?
If not, why was I informed NP2 of being roleblocked?

Also, ER, had you not won at night, I would have come at you hard.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:48:28 PM
At 8/19/2014 4:46:54 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
TN05:

In which cases?

That was a special role block. It made no sense in hindsight

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:48:36 PM
I deserve an MVP for that.

Numerically, I think mafia were overpowered (after all, town lynched right all but once + a survivor), but role-wise, it seemed fairly even. Town had a lot of investigative and protective roles while mafia had a lot of roleblocking and a strongman.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:49:21 PM
TN05:

Thought you town read me?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:51:01 PM
At 8/19/2014 4:46:30 PM, TN05 wrote:

You had more than enough roles to overcome the mafia IMO.

That aside I'm not satisfied with this either. I didn't do a good job modding and activity was low.

No, we didn't.
Had Lannan shot NP1 wrong, and we mislynched DP1, we lost already.
You forced us to work with a survivor. Plus, you had a mislynch target in Lannan.

Town should have had a vig, and there should have been no TP.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:52:11 PM
At 8/19/2014 4:48:36 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Numerically, I think mafia were overpowered (after all, town lynched right all but once + a survivor), but role-wise, it seemed fairly even. Town had a lot of investigative and protective roles while mafia had a lot of roleblocking and a strongman.

Although that Mis-vig was particularly bad, and getting the hider was good luck for us.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:52:44 PM
At 8/19/2014 4:49:21 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
TN05:

I reluctantly town read you....because if you were mafia, why would you know you were randomized. What did you do NP4?

But, then in bed last night, I thought about how unnecessary Link was as a character, and also that trekkie was being set up very well, thus 9space wasn't mafia.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:53:45 PM
At 8/19/2014 4:48:28 PM, TN05 wrote:
TN05:

In which cases?
NP3, when I died (and when Dalton asked for night actions)

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:54:38 PM
At 8/19/2014 4:52:44 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
TN05:

I reluctantly town read you....because if you were mafia, why would you know you were randomized. What did you do NP4?

Because if I were Ford, I'd have randomized me too. I took a gamble and it paid off. Everyone else in the game was passive; if I'd been randomized, they couldn't have visited anyone. I followed Trekie to block another dream.

But, then in bed last night, I thought about how unnecessary Link was as a character, and also that trekkie was being set up very well, thus 9space wasn't mafia.

It is really, really hard to fool you, Khaos.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:55:54 PM
At 8/19/2014 4:48:36 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Well, since you did win, I don't see why not.
Though, you were helped tremendously by bad townies.

I agree with this. The roles seemed balanced, we just needed more numbers.
Had ford been vanilla, I'd have been content.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:59:30 PM
At 8/19/2014 4:54:38 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 8/19/2014 4:52:44 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
TN05:

Because if I were Ford, I'd have randomized me too. I took a gamble and it paid off. Everyone else in the game was passive; if I'd been randomized, they couldn't have visited anyone. I followed Trekie to block another dream.

He did make it obvious what he did, plus, it's not like anyone could have known.
Plus, you saying I did nothing also could be trekkie, and with Dalton preventing the dream, you could have said you did it.

It is really, really hard to fool you, Khaos.

No one can fool me better than I fool myself. I had my town block, which were being NK'd, and you kept up my suspicion and framed trekkie really well. Kudos for that.

At times, it pays to be paranoid and look at every minute remote possibility....and other times, not so much.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 5:00:59 PM
OMG, why did trekkie NEVER claim ZELDA?!?!?!?

Three players from the same universe, two being "heroes". He should have CC'd ER.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 5:33:09 PM

Hate to say I told you so...

But I told you so.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 5:34:06 PM
At 8/19/2014 5:14:15 PM, Josh_b wrote:
Why does xlav always have to lurk when he is scum?

Lol? I wasn't even lurking. I asked to get replaced.
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 5:43:28 PM

You guys technically had 3 mislynch chances. Lannan had a vig kill and killed Wylted w/ it on day 1, so that counted as one.

Then there was a misylnch on Solon.

Then the mislynch on ford cost you the game.

It was really unlucky two really good roles for the town got killed off by DP2 (Wylted's & Budda's roles), though.
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 5:44:34 PM
At 8/19/2014 5:00:59 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Three players from the same universe, two being "heroes". He should have CC'd ER.

Link = / = Zelda ???
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 5:48:38 PM
At 8/19/2014 5:43:28 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

You guys technically had 3 mislynch chances. Lannan had a vig kill and killed Wylted w/ it on day 1, so that counted as one.

Lol wut? I was solo win survivor, if they hadn't lynched me DP5, I probably would have won. I definitely wasn't a mislynch

It was really unlucky two really good roles for the town got killed off by DP2 (Wylted's & Budda's roles), though.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 5:50:04 PM
At 8/19/2014 4:53:45 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/19/2014 4:48:28 PM, TN05 wrote:
TN05:

In which cases?
NP3, when I died (and when Dalton asked for night actions)

No.

TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 5:52:55 PM
At 8/19/2014 5:44:34 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 8/19/2014 5:00:59 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Link = / = Zelda ???

No, Khaos is saying there would be too many hero characters from a single franchise. Which is completely accurate and why I gave that particular fake claim. If you couldn't already tell, this theme was fighters that are not in Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS versus any fighter that is in those games. Notice I only included a maximum of two characters from a single franchise.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 5:56:07 PM
Also, 9spaces NP1 action was really costly and really stupid. Buddamoose was the clear doctor target. Lannans misvig, while costly, was actually not atrociously bad play, since wylted did appear scummy. However he should have waited one more night to use his vig or at least spoken up about the kill. He should have realized scum wouldn't kill him that early, and he had the 1x lynchproof so he was guaranteed to live to use the vig.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 6:09:26 PM
At 8/19/2014 5:43:28 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

Lynching scum is not a mislynch, and a mis-vig is not a mislynch.
Let's take worst case scenario with town, which pretty much was NP1, but let's say we mislynched DP1, AND ER double NK'd.
It is know 5:4:1

Game is over if TP alligns itself with mafia.

Town was forced to allign with TP, which is not fair to do.
Assume Lannan never lynched:
We are at LYLO with only one mislynch.

That is not balanced.
Had ford been town, it would be a tight balance.

I see what TN05 was doing with the game, but town needed one more player.
One more townie, even Vanilla, keeping ford as TP, would have given town one more lynch.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 6:11:20 PM
At 8/19/2014 5:56:07 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
Also, 9spaces NP1 action was really costly and really stupid. Buddamoose was the clear doctor target. Lannans misvig, while costly, was actually not atrociously bad play, since wylted did appear scummy. However he should have waited one more night to use his vig or at least spoken up about the kill. He should have realized scum wouldn't kill him that early, and he had the 1x lynchproof so he was guaranteed to live to use the vig.

1x lynchproof =/= 1x bulletproof
Given his early town read, I don't blame him for shooting, although it is hella risky to waste your 1x vig so early.