DotD Mafia DP2

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 8:23:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Khaos died in the night, his PM was as follows:

Khaos- You think you are Kate, however, you could be the Zygon. You are vanilla/goon, but there are some important rules. If someone claims Kate, send me a PM, and I"ll confirm if they actually are. If so, you must truthfully claim as well. During the night, send me three names. If any name comes up in all three actual mafia PMs, that is the person to be NK"d. If no name appears in all three, I"ll clarify what happens then.

Living Players
1. EndarkenedRationalist
2.PotbelliedGeek
3. XLAV
5. Bullish
6. Wylted
7. Yama
8. BigMac
9. Solon
10. StarkTek
11. 9space
12. Danielle
13. Dalton
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
StarkTek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 8:54:59 PM
So due to the end of the last DP revealing that Solon is Zygon. This seems like an easy choice.

VTL Solon
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 9:22:45 PM
At 8/19/2014 8:54:59 PM, StarkTek wrote:
So due to the end of the last DP revealing that Solon is Zygon. This seems like an easy choice.

VTL Solon

I'll have to reread the end of that DP before placing my vote, but I'll have an opinion on this later. I hope it's as obvious as you say, and I hope this DP isn't as cluttered with fluff as that one.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 9:25:26 PM
well that confirms that mafia doesn't know who each other are and that there is exactly 3 of them. I wonder how khaos died. He definitely wouldn't have picked his own name.
StarkTek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 9:32:39 PM
I can confirm what Daltonian is saying. When I asked the mod revealed Zygon. Their is no question in my mind that he is scum. In turn the mod told me I was town so that means the Zygon is scum. Lynching him is our best and only option this DP.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 9:49:45 PM
It only makes sense to lynch myself or Dalt. Either he's telling the truth or BSing that he is because he was forced to claim and it's of course better to claim town; in either case either Dalt or myself should be lynched. This game is so infuriating that I'd rather be lynched first, unless someone has an investigative role that can help.

VTL Solon.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 9:56:11 PM
just reread it and I'm still not even sure if khaos is scum or not. The role doesn't specifically give a win condition but

VTL Solon
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 5:08:44 AM
VTL Solon Not gonna post much till after 4 est. 1st day back @ school.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 5:11:51 AM
At 8/19/2014 9:56:11 PM, Wylted wrote:
just reread it and I'm still not even sure if khaos is scum or not. The role doesn't specifically give a win condition but

VTL Solon

Khaos is inno.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 5:15:34 AM
At 8/19/2014 8:23:43 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Khaos died in the night, his PM was as follows:

Khaos- You think you are Kate, however, you could be the Zygon. You are vanilla/goon, but there are some important rules. If someone claims Kate, send me a PM, and I"ll confirm if they actually are. If so, you must truthfully claim as well. During the night, send me three names. If any name comes up in all three actual mafia PMs, that is the person to be NK"d. If no name appears in all three, I"ll clarify what happens then.

So what happens, 7th?
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 5:25:23 AM
At 8/20/2014 5:11:51 AM, XLAV wrote:

VTL Solon

Khaos is inno.
You vig'ed him?
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 6:53:45 AM
At 8/20/2014 5:25:23 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

VTL Solon

Khaos is inno.
You vig'ed him?

No? Behavior analysis.
StarkTek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 8:45:57 AM
At 8/20/2014 6:53:45 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 8/20/2014 5:25:23 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

VTL Solon

Khaos is inno.
You vig'ed him?

No? Behavior analysis.

The way his role is set up, neither him or his... umm... role partner. No their affiliation. Therefore he was just playing town even though he could be mafia.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 9:04:05 AM
VTL Solon

btw, guys: I suppose you might all lynch me tomorrow. Khaos was the 'kate' version of Osgood, but his affiliation wasn't revealed when he flipped (I thought it would), so there'll be no way to verify that Solon was actually the Zygon other than to rely solely on my PM..
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 9:07:20 AM
A game where players don't know their affiliation or teammates, even after death. I'm sure analysis will be really useful in this game (sarcasm). We might as well just randomly guess who to vote since there's no way to tell. If there is, I don't understand it yet.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 9:17:30 AM
At 8/20/2014 9:07:31 AM, XLAV wrote:
Wth, don't end the DP yet...

Does anyone have anything important to say? Any important results from last NP?

Apparently there are a handful of vanillas in this game (multiples of several characters). I agree that perhaps we should give people time to report night actions though I doubt there are many. You probably don't need traditional roles in this game because the mafia doesn't have traditional roles. I'm hoping there is a Cop, but chances are they didn't get a hit. Unvote until everyone posts once to check in. Then again PotBelliedGeek is still in the game so I doubt that will happen. The mafia should just kill him to save the mod from having to replace someone.
President of DDO
BigMac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 1:51:09 PM
Checking in. So we got zero information from that Role PM, right? Cuz I still don't fully understand the premise of this game.

I see how Solon is a viable lynch opportunity. Any information on the existence of other scum could be helpful too, but it seems like a mass character claim is the only means of scumhunting. Also, we still have afks.
I'm back.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 2:23:48 PM
[ Vote Count ]

Solon (StarTrek, Solon, Wylted, Yama, 9space) -- 5/7

Hasn't posted: Endark, PBG, Bullish. Bullish probably wasn't online but Endark was.

PBL is online and consistently posting in other threads. He should be replaced. Endark's silence may be strategic (though I can't see why) but I don't think PBG wants to play.

So what are we doing -- Are we lynching Solon after the final 3 players check in and confirm we have no relevant night results? Or are we going to try to figure out what's going on with the vanilla/goons? There is obviously an element(s) to the game we haven't figured out yet, otherwise we would just mass claim and deduct mafia via PoE.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 2:26:43 PM
At 8/20/2014 1:51:09 PM, BigMac wrote:
Also, we still have afks.

What does that stand for again? I assume it means "people who haven't claimed" or checked in. I don't remember what MYLO or LYLO stands for either. I only remember WIFOM.
President of DDO
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 2:30:53 PM
I have no night results to report.

Solon's close to being lynched, so I won't VTL now, but he does appear to be the best lynch for today. Even so, the DP just began, and we should use it to scum-hunt as best we can.
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 2:32:28 PM
At 8/20/2014 2:30:53 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Solon's close to being lynched, so I won't VTL now, but he does appear to be the best lynch for today. Even so, the DP just began, and we should use it to scum-hunt as best we can.

so...got any reads?
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 3:08:33 PM
At 8/20/2014 2:32:28 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 8/20/2014 2:30:53 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

so...got any reads?

I'd like you to formulate your own without my influence.
BigMac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 3:48:23 PM
At 8/20/2014 2:26:43 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 8/20/2014 1:51:09 PM, BigMac wrote:
Also, we still have afks.

What does that stand for again? I assume it means "people who haven't claimed" or checked in. I don't remember what MYLO or LYLO stands for either. I only remember WIFOM.

AFK means Away From Keyboard. Basically it means people who are not playing. That PBG guy hasn't posted this game at all yet, has he?

MYLO is mislynch and lose. e.g. 4 town, 2 mafia. If you mislynch (down to 3v2), then the game is over, because the mafia will NK and it will be 2v2.

LYLO is Lynch or Lose. That's when its 3v2. So you have to lynch, because if you don't the mafia will NK and win.

And WIFOM, as you know and others may not, is just endless reverse psychology that leads to no definitive answer. Based on the Wine In Front Of Me scene from The Princess Bride.
I'm back.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 3:51:45 PM
Khaos- During the night, send me three names. If any name comes up in all three actual mafia PMs, that is the person to be NK'd. If no name appears in all three, I"ll clarify what happens then.

In reading how this/these roles work, I honestly don't understand the game mechanics. Someone please correct me if my understanding is wrong. I'm wondering what incentive these players have to coordinate a successful night kill if they don't know whether or not they are mafia. Why would they play pro-town or pro-mafia if they don't know their affiliation? IOWs why would Khaos try to guess/match night kill choices with other players (or avoid picking the same target as other players) if he doesn't know which team he wins with? Is this just a big guessing game, or is there any strategy so far that you guys can tell we're supposed to be using? It's interesting that Yama is so quiet this DP. So is everyone else though.
President of DDO