bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 10:10:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Town wins!!

1st Place: TOWN

XLAV - You are LINOONE. You always know the most useless moves when caught in the wild--things like Odor Sleuth. Well, at least you can identify your opponent...hey, wait?! That must make you the COP. Each night you may select another player. You will learn whether or not they win with the mafia (guilty). You win with the town.

Lannan - You are SKITTY. Neither powerful nor rare, you are the definition of nondescript. You are therefore VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

Endark - You are EXPLOUD. Because you're noisy, bombastic, and full of hot air--everything I imagine a Washington insider would be--you are the 1-shot LOBBYIST. Your vote will have the weight of two on a DP of you choice. You win with the town.

9space - You are RELICANTH. Because you have remained unchanged for millennia, it seems as if very little--if anything--can affect you. You are the even-night COMMUTER. You cannot be targeted on even nights. You win with the town.

GCL - You are SWAMPERT. As my favorite pokemon of all time, you were clearly popular with me. Hence, you are POPULAR. It takes 1 extra vote to lynch you. You win with the town.

Esocial - You are MEDICHAM. Your ability to move with grace and efficiency on the battlefield, and to use those abilities to land devastating blows on your foe's weak points makes you the 1-shot, day VIGILANTE. Once, during the day, you may select a target (confirm the target in this PM) to shoot. This will not end the DP. You win with the town.

Dalt - You are PLUSLE. You are always willing to help others out, esp. Minun. Because you are so protective, you are the DOCTOR. Each night you may select another player and protect them from any lethal actions aimed at them. You win with the town.

2nd Place: MAFIA

YYW - You are LUXRAY. When I was a kid, you were perhaps my second favorite in existence, and you functioned as my go-to choice for nearly every challenge I faced. Thus, you are the JOAT. You have the following 1-shot abilities: Strongman, Framer, and Role Cop.

Ford - You are VESPIQUEN. Because you are the rule of your hive, governing the day-to-day functions of hive life, you are the 1-shot GOVERNOR. During one DP, you may choose to halt the lynch, ending the DP at that time.

3rd Place: TP

Wylted - You are DITTO. Because you can alter your appearence to mimic others, you are the MIME. You win the game when all Mimes are lynched. You lose if any Mime dies by any other means or survives the game.

Khaos - You are MR. MIME. Obviously, you are a mime, hence, you are the MIME. You win the game when all Mimes are lynched. You lose if any Mime dies by any other means or survives the game. Ka-pow!

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

XLAV - Cop Wylted
Dalt - Doc. Esocial
YYW - Rlcp. Endark
Ford - NK GCL

NP2

XLAV - Cop YYW
Dalt - Doc Wylted
YYW - Frm. Khaos
Ford - NK Endark

NP3

XLAV - Cop Dalt
Dalt - Doc. Wylted
YYW - NK Lannan

NP4

Dalt - Doc. Esocial
YYW - Strg. Wylted

MOD COMMENTS

The theme was Generation 3 (Town) vs. Generation 4 (Mafia) vs. Generation 1 (TP). Governor was designed to balance out the mimes, Lobbyist and Popular cancelled, and Doc/Cop were balanced by JOAT. It was an interesting game, and greater activity, and--dare I say it--theme analysis, may have behooved town. But, overall, good game.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 10:11:34 PM
This was probably the hardest game I've played yet. I had no idea what mimes were until this game, and it was a productive learning experience. GG everyone.
Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 10:17:20 PM
wtf
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 10:18:28 PM
@XLAV, did you lie about your cop results. You got innocent on me, shouldn't that mean you were flavored?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 10:22:03 PM
Actually I think I know how BSH1 did the cop role. Only a mafia investigation counts as guilty. Dang it. I should have pretended to be some lynch activated role that way I'd be lynched to increase POE until we could figure out if YYW was a mime.

I played that wrong.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 10:23:26 PM
ATTENTION

Regarding XLAV's role, the results a cop gets are dependant on the wording of his role PM. Take a look:

You are LINOONE. You always know the most useless moves when caught in the wild--things like Odor Sleuth. Well, at least you can identify your opponent...hey, wait?! That must make you the COP. Each night you may select another player. You will learn whether or not they win with the mafia (guilty). You win with the town.

Because Wylted did not win with the mafia, he was not guilty. Other ways in which a PM can be worded include

1. "you will learn whether or not they win with the town (innocent)"
2. "you will learn whether or not they win with the scum (guilty)"
3. "you will learn whether or not they win with the town (innocent), win with a TP (not guilty), or win with the mafia (guilty.)"
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 10:26:03 PM
At 8/19/2014 10:22:03 PM, Wylted wrote:
Actually I think I know how BSH1 did the cop role. Only a mafia investigation counts as guilty. Dang it. I should have pretended to be some lynch activated role that way I'd be lynched to increase POE until we could figure out if YYW was a mime.

I played that wrong.

Oracle or Virgin would've been decent choices. A few others were out there as well.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 10:33:43 PM
At 8/19/2014 10:23:26 PM, bsh1 wrote:
ATTENTION

Regarding XLAV's role, the results a cop gets are dependant on the wording of his role PM. Take a look:

You are LINOONE. You always know the most useless moves when caught in the wild--things like Odor Sleuth. Well, at least you can identify your opponent...hey, wait?! That must make you the COP. Each night you may select another player. You will learn whether or not they win with the mafia (guilty). You win with the town.

Because Wylted did not win with the mafia, he was not guilty. Other ways in which a PM can be worded include

3. "you will learn whether or not they win with the town (innocent), win with a TP (not guilty), or win with the mafia (guilty.)"
Oh. So I was legit.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 10:35:42 PM
At 8/19/2014 10:33:43 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 8/19/2014 10:23:26 PM, bsh1 wrote:
ATTENTION

Oh. So I was legit.

You were unflavored, yes.

The takeaway: always read your PM closely.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 10:41:26 PM
Can i just say, i got taken down by a cop gambit that was designed to fail? Between this and my botching of the solo TP win I had in hand in TN05s game, I can safely say these are not my golden days of mafia.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 10:50:58 PM
At 8/19/2014 10:41:26 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
Can i just say, i got taken down by a cop gambit that was designed to fail? Between this and my botching of the solo TP win I had in hand in TN05s game, I can safely say these are not my golden days of mafia.

They shall return, don't worry. That's the nice thing about Karma--once you've paid your dues, you're in for a bonus :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 11:23:47 PM
At 8/19/2014 11:22:48 PM, XLAV wrote:
See, told y'all town will win.

Town honestly got lucky... it was 50/50 in the end.
Tsar of DDO
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 1:09:44 AM

One of the benefits of not CC'ing Wylted.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 1:13:41 AM
At 8/19/2014 11:23:47 PM, YYW wrote:

Nah, you and Dalt had equal chance of winning.. It was a battle of convincing Esocial.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 7:10:30 AM
At 8/20/2014 1:13:41 AM, XLAV wrote:

Nah, you and Dalt had equal chance of winning.. It was a battle of convincing Esocial.

Hence, it was 50/50. We are saying the same thing. Has esocial picked me, town would have lost.
Tsar of DDO
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 7:21:07 AM
At 8/19/2014 10:18:28 PM, Wylted wrote:
@XLAV, did you lie about your cop results. You got innocent on me, shouldn't that mean you were flavored?

Mimes don't win with mafia, and his reports showed only that.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 7:28:51 AM
XLAV, you're play was atrocious, as usual.

Town, seriously, why didn't you lynch me DP1?
Also, it was way too hard to suggest I was virgin...took me two days.

Honestly, I thought 9spaceking was mime, with his glourk, golum slip.
Regardless, I should have claimed pacifist DP1, and hammered myself.

Wylted, I see what you did there, and you got part unlucky, and part lucky you weren't NK'd. It would have worked had a non-selfish player not been cop.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 7:40:10 AM
At 8/20/2014 7:28:51 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
So was yours. Congrats, you got 3rd place.

Because of 9space.

And you think sheeping me will get you lynched, lol.

Wylted, I see what you did there, and you got part unlucky, and part lucky you weren't NK'd. It would have worked had a non-selfish player not been cop.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 7:48:10 AM
At 8/20/2014 7:10:30 AM, YYW wrote:

Hence, it was 50/50. We are saying the same thing. Has esocial picked me, town would have lost.
You could have won if you made a good fake claim and you CC'd Dalt in DP4. Dalt was spewing BS to Esocial last DP. You could have easily debunked them if you tried.

Also YYW, your behavior was scummy as hell since DP1. I have no idea why Esocial's gut was saying Dalt is scum.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 8:12:51 AM
At 8/20/2014 7:40:10 AM, XLAV wrote:
Actually, I met my wincon, my teammate didn't.
So, how was my play atrocious, when I succeeded in getting lynched?
How was I supposed to help my anonymous teammate AFTER I was dead?
Truth be told, I thought you were mime.

Because of 9space.
Because of an obvious mistake.
If I was town, I would not have gone after him for a simple mistake like that.
If I were you, I'd have just copped him that night and let him be.
Bad play.

Yes, or at least aroused suspicion.
But, you just took that vote and couldn't care less why I was doing it.
That was bad play.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 8:31:59 AM
bsh1, I'd say a well balanced game except for TP.

Mafia having a governor role, and then being able to kill any suspicious person is OP, after the first mime is exposed. Perhaps if cop read guilty on mime it wouldn't have been so bad.
Mafia know who is not mafia, so any guilty actions suggest TP from their POV, and they could have halted the DP, and shot them.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 8:51:09 AM
XLAV, here is why your play was bad:
1. You didn't think anything of my buddying you, up to and including not even investigating me.
2. You didn't read your PM.....again. You thought you were insane, which you weren't.
3. You did not CC a cop claim. Again, trusting your results over logic.
4. You did not investigate 9space, and instead lead his mislynch.
5. You did not lead anyone anywhere, except DP1. And, before you'd lead anyone after that, you demanded others' input.
6. Again, you cared more about staying alive than lynching scum.

You rely on your role too much, yet, ironically, don't use it wisely.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 8:52:28 AM
At 8/20/2014 8:12:51 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/20/2014 7:40:10 AM, XLAV wrote:
Actually, I met my wincon, my teammate didn't.
So, how was my play atrocious, when I succeeded in getting lynched?
Because you didn't help your teammate and since you didn't help your teammate, your team lost.
How was I supposed to help my anonymous teammate AFTER I was dead?
How about you help your tammate first before getting lynched?

You know what you could have done to help your teammate?
Act pro town and find your partner and lead a lynch on him. You could also have used the 9space situation to randomly claim PGO and be free from NKs.
Truth be told, I thought you were mime.
Why?

Because of 9space.
Because of an obvious mistake.
If I was town, I would not have gone after him for a simple mistake like that.
He was stupid for fake claiming. His plan was also stupid.
If I were you, I'd have just copped him that night and let him be.
9space was useless and detrimental to town. I couldn't care less if he was town. He wasted the DP by focusing on him.
Bad play.
And I thought you're pro "Lynch all liars"
Leading one mislynch is not bad play, especially if the one being mislynched is a fool who fake claimed as town.

Yes, or at least aroused suspicion.
But, you just took that vote and couldn't care less why I was doing it.
You think I wasn't suspicious?
The only reason why I town read you in DP3 was because I didn't expect there to be 4 scums. I scum read YYW the whole game, Scum read Ford DP2, and scum read Wylted in early DP3. You were 4th in my scum list, because I did exactly what you did when I was scum once.
That was bad play.
That was taking advantage of you. Sadly, town was too impatient to wait for me to write up a case for YYW. And do you know what happens if the lynch on YYW succeded? Town wins and you and Wyled will get 2nd place.

There was no bad play on my part, but there were bad plays ftom YYW, Ford and 9space.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 9:04:42 AM
At 8/20/2014 8:51:09 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
XLAV, here is why your play was bad:
1. You didn't think anything of my buddying you, up to and including not even investigating me.
I did think. I was very suspicious of you. Don't you remember that game when I was scum and I buddied and jumped on random BWs? You did what I did as scum.
2. You didn't read your PM.....again. You thought you were insane, which you weren't.
Fine, I'll accept this.
3. You did not CC a cop claim. Again, trusting your results over logic.
LOL. You'd like that, wouldn't you?
Lynch your parner and act scummy next DP to get lynched! Win!

I should thank Wylted's "lying as town" for that. I was also scum reading Ford which is why I thought Wylted was lying about his role just to get him lynched.
4. You did not investigate 9space, and instead lead his mislynch.
Screw 9space. I was more suspicious of Wylted and you.
5. You did not lead anyone anywhere, except DP1. And, before you'd lead anyone after that, you demanded others' input.
I demanded others input so I can see if they are really scum hunting. I was going to lead a lynch on YYW but town was too impatient to wait for me to get home and write the case up.
6. Again, you cared more about staying alive than lynching scum.
When was this?

You rely on your role too much, yet, ironically, don't use it wisely.
Hardly.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 9:18:34 AM
At 8/20/2014 1:09:44 AM, XLAV wrote:

One of the benefits of not CC'ing Wylted.

Oh come on XLAV, don't even act like that was the right play to make. It worked out because town got lucky that I was actually guilty. You had no way of knowing that.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 9:20:18 AM

I told you ESocial and salt were gonna lynch you... Lol it was a good effort though, you almost convinced her. I wonder what would have happened if you had killed ESocial instead of wylted.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 9:21:07 AM
At 8/20/2014 9:20:18 AM, ford_prefect wrote:

I told you ESocial and salt were gonna lynch you... Lol it was a good effort though, you almost convinced her. I wonder what would have happened if you had killed ESocial instead of wylted.

Why didn't you kill XLAV?