DotD Mafia DP6

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 11:01:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
No one died in the night.

Endark- You think you are Kate, however, you could be the Zygon. You are vanilla/goon, but there are some important rules. If someone claims Kate, send me a PM, and I"ll confirm if they actually are. If so, you must truthfully claim as well. During the night, send me three names. If any name comes up in all three actual mafia PMs, that is the person to be NK"d. If no name appears in all three, I"ll clarify what happens then.

DP ends 11 PM DDO time September 31st.

Living players
1. Danielle
2. Khaos
3. XLAV
4. Bullish
5. Wylted
6. Yama
7. BigMac
8. StarkTek
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 11:01:51 PM
*DP5, sorry
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 6:14:26 AM
So, I found out my role does not work how it ought to....big surprise this game, right?

Apparently, my role wasn't blocked NP3.
I am mimic, but it appears I only take over the role once that player is dead. Sort of makes since, but it should have been clearer. The actor who played the 4th Doctor's character had to be written out of the script before he could take on the new role. (this is the 4th wall I was talking about). Frankly, I should have been called a backup, not a mimic.

So, my target NP3 cannot be changed, which is what I was informed of last night, when I was told I cannot change targets.

I'll not disclose who I targeted either night, but let it be known, I use mimics as a role cop function most of the time.

However, what this means to the game.
Mafia clearly have no roleblocking or bus driving or any way to counter the doc or the cop. If this game has ANY chance of being balanced it must have a godfather.

Unless cop and miller are scum together.
As such, I recommend Stark be lynched today, and Wylted tomorrow, unless XLAV were to die in the night, and maybe even still then.
My work here is, finally, done.
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 9:59:30 AM
At 8/30/2014 6:14:26 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
So, I found out my role does not work how it ought to....big surprise this game, right?
hmmm.....

Apparently, my role wasn't blocked NP3.
I am mimic, but it appears I only take over the role once that player is dead. Sort of makes since, but it should have been clearer. The actor who played the 4th Doctor's character had to be written out of the script before he could take on the new role. (this is the 4th wall I was talking about). Frankly, I should have been called a backup, not a mimic.
hmmmm.....

So, my target NP3 cannot be changed, which is what I was informed of last night, when I was told I cannot change targets.
ah.....

I'll not disclose who I targeted either night, but let it be known, I use mimics as a role cop function most of the time.
okkkkay....

However, what this means to the game.
Mafia clearly have no roleblocking or bus driving or any way to counter the doc or the cop. If this game has ANY chance of being balanced it must have a godfather.
uh-hm....

Unless cop and miller are scum together.
hmmmm!
As such, I recommend Stark be lynched today, and Wylted tomorrow, unless XLAV were to die in the night, and maybe even still then.
ahhhh....
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 10:06:48 AM
Under the assumption XLAV was a cop, I did protect him. I avoided shouting that last DP, to not get myself nk'd.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 12:39:27 PM
I'll role claim in full now since it's Labor Day Weekend and I don't know how much I will be able to post. We think that 1-2 mafia are not among the pairs, so even if we lynch Stark (who deserves to die for lack of participation alone -- why the mod hasn't replaced him yet is beyond me) there is still another guilty.

I'm Clara, the Tracker. On NP1 I tracked Endark and he visited me, XLAV and Bullish. On NP2 I tracked XLAV and he visited Khaos (Pots) which is why I believe his cop claim and assume that Khaos was investigated innocent. On NP3 I was inactive as per my notation in the day phase and I forfeited my night action. On NP4 I tracked Bullish and he didn't visit anyone. I did this assuming that either Bullish, Wylted or BigMac is guilty and I recommended that XLAV investigate BigMac since he is completely inactive.

I don't understand why Yama was going on and on about Dr. Who on DP1 but hasn't offered much analysis since. For now I believe he, Khaos and XLAV are town. I will also assume Bullish is town since he didn't visit anyone last night (then again nobody died). We don't know about Stark, but I figure Endark may have been scum because of who he visited NP1 -- all non paired roles including the cop and 2 good townie players. Therefore while I think we should lynch Stark for clarity I don't necessarily think we have to lynch him today; I would assume between he and Endark that Endark was the scummy one.

I would be okay with lynching Wylted who wanted XLAV to waste an investigation on him (the miller). While I actually buy his character claim and even the possible link between character and role, this makes no sense and is anti-town. Wylted also hasn't contributed much analysis.

Wylted, Stark and BigMac need to be lynched, probably in that order, and then we can consider other possibilities if necessary. What do you all think? I'll vtl Wylted for now since I might be going out soon and don't know when I'll get online next, but I'd be okay with lynching Stark first if you guys think that's the smartest thing to do. I would first push for Stark and BigMac to be replaced (or pinged for activity) particularly BigMac who might be able to offer some insight regarding night actions, whereas we already know Stark's role. I don't remember what BigMac claimed.
President of DDO
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 12:52:04 PM
At 8/30/2014 12:39:27 PM, Danielle wrote:
I'll role claim in full now since it's Labor Day Weekend and I don't know how much I will be able to post. We think that 1-2 mafia are not among the pairs, so even if we lynch Stark (who deserves to die for lack of participation alone -- why the mod hasn't replaced him yet is beyond me) there is still another guilty.

I'm Clara, the Tracker. On NP1 I tracked Endark and he visited me, XLAV and Bullish. On NP2 I tracked XLAV and he visited Khaos (Pots) which is why I believe his cop claim and assume that Khaos was investigated innocent. On NP3 I was inactive as per my notation in the day phase and I forfeited my night action. On NP4 I tracked Bullish and he didn't visit anyone. I did this assuming that either Bullish, Wylted or BigMac is guilty and I recommended that XLAV investigate BigMac since he is completely inactive.

I don't understand why Yama was going on and on about Dr. Who on DP1 but hasn't offered much analysis since. For now I believe he, Khaos and XLAV are town. I will also assume Bullish is town since he didn't visit anyone last night (then again nobody died). We don't know about Stark, but I figure Endark may have been scum because of who he visited NP1 -- all non paired roles including the cop and 2 good townie players. Therefore while I think we should lynch Stark for clarity I don't necessarily think we have to lynch him today; I would assume between he and Endark that Endark was the scummy one.

I would be okay with lynching Wylted who wanted XLAV to waste an investigation on him (the miller). While I actually buy his character claim and even the possible link between character and role, this makes no sense and is anti-town. Wylted also hasn't contributed much analysis.

Wylted, Stark and BigMac need to be lynched, probably in that order, and then we can consider other possibilities if necessary. What do you all think? I'll vtl Wylted for now since I might be going out soon and don't know when I'll get online next, but I'd be okay with lynching Stark first if you guys think that's the smartest thing to do. I would first push for Stark and BigMac to be replaced (or pinged for activity) particularly BigMac who might be able to offer some insight regarding night actions, whereas we already know Stark's role. I don't remember what BigMac claimed.

I'd rather lynch Stark to ensure the pair is killed.
If there are two mafia outside the pairs, we'll be at MYLO.
If there are two outside, and Stark, we're at MYLO.
I see no reason to not lynch Stark today.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 12:59:05 PM
I'm Clara, the Tracker. On NP1 I tracked Endark and he visited me, XLAV and Bullish. On NP2 I tracked XLAV and he visited Khaos (Pots) which is why I believe his cop claim and assume that Khaos was investigated innocent.

@ Khaos -- Are you Pots now or was your previous character that was killed Pots?

You're free to vote for Stark if you want but I don't see it doing any good. You KNOW that there is at least 1 mafioso outside of the pairs, so you're basically saying you're okay with potentially wasting a lynch instead of scum hunting. Fair enough but what do you think about Endark? If a mafioso is between Endark and Stark then why would you assume Endark is innocent given who he visited NP1? Why would he target myself or Bullish for a potential night kill? That's pretty scummy, so if he OR Stark is definitely guilty (from my understanding of the game mechanics) then I would assume it is likely him over Stark... otherwise he would have picked completely absent, inactive players or those with poor reasoning skills to possibly kill - not me or Bullish. There was no reason for him to target either of us on NP1. Us plus XLAV shows he was looking to target for a kill IMO.
President of DDO
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:09:37 PM
At 8/30/2014 12:59:05 PM, Danielle wrote:
I'm Clara, the Tracker. On NP1 I tracked Endark and he visited me, XLAV and Bullish. On NP2 I tracked XLAV and he visited Khaos (Pots) which is why I believe his cop claim and assume that Khaos was investigated innocent.

@ Khaos -- Are you Pots now or was your previous character that was killed Pots?
I am now Pots.
Khaos1 died NP1, I replaced Pots NP2.

You're free to vote for Stark if you want but I don't see it doing any good. You KNOW that there is at least 1 mafioso outside of the pairs, so you're basically saying you're okay with potentially wasting a lynch instead of scum hunting. Fair enough but what do you think about Endark? If a mafioso is between Endark and Stark then why would you assume Endark is innocent given who he visited NP1? Why would he target myself or Bullish for a potential night kill? That's pretty scummy, so if he OR Stark is definitely guilty (from my understanding of the game mechanics) then I would assume it is likely him over Stark... otherwise he would have picked completely absent, inactive players or those with poor reasoning skills to possibly kill - not me or Bullish. There was no reason for him to target either of us on NP1. Us plus XLAV shows he was looking to target for a kill IMO.

LOL
Totally glossed over it that. Sorry.
I'll buy ER is likely scum over Stark, since he actually visited someone (i.e. not vanilla).

Unvote VTL Wylted

The only issue is if ER knew if he visited anyone. I wonder if Stark does too....
Remember, I doubt either know they are town or scum, so behavior reads are null, and can easily be explained by apathy.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:11:41 PM
Also, for the record, I, too, submitted three names as Vanilla, as I am sure all of the pairs did.

Who did ER visit? That may be telling.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:15:48 PM

I'll state this again. There is not much to comment on. I don't get the point of a Miller. What good is a role that appears guilty if investigated by town?
TUF, and YYW
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 3:06:52 PM
There's a tracker and a cop? And all the mafia are goons? And they don't know whether they're mafia or not? Mafia is ridiculously UP.

I would rather lynch Stark, just to be sure. We could be at MyLo if there indeed a forth scum.
0x5f3759df
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 4:03:25 PM
At 8/30/2014 3:06:52 PM, Bullish wrote:
There's a tracker and a cop? And all the mafia are goons? And they don't know whether they're mafia or not? Mafia is ridiculously UP.

I would rather lynch Stark, just to be sure. We could be at MyLo if there indeed a forth scum.

Yeah, but then we'd lynch Stark to be safe.
It doesn't really matter.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 12:38:10 AM
XLAV should out his results before we move forward, just in case.

@ Khaos -- It's my understanding that all zygons visited 3 people each NP whether they were scum or not...? Perhaps to throw off a tracker? I'm not sure. I was going to ask about this last DP but I didn't want to out myself as Tracker so I could get one more night of unfettered results to prove my role. Either way it seems we either have to lynch Wylted, Stark or BigMac.

Likely town: Yama, XLAV
Investigated town: Khaos, Me (and I have/can prove my role)
55/45 town: Stark, Bullish

Wylted claimed miller and BigMac has been inactive. I will have to look back on their claims to analyze further.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 12:39:52 AM
...But not tonight because I'm exhausted and I have to look at the other game I'm in since I've ignored it thus far. Tomorrow I'll look at the claims list (I can't really analyze behavior since neither of them have posted much) and check to see if their character and role claims make sense. Goodnight everyone.
President of DDO
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 10:53:29 AM
How many votes does it take this DP? I don't wanna accidentally hammer. Also, how much time do we have?
TUF, and YYW
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 11:01:38 AM
Wylted (2/5)- Khaos, Danielle
Stark (1/5)- Yama
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 11:02:04 AM
12 hours remaining
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 11:12:56 AM
At 8/31/2014 10:53:29 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
How many votes does it take this DP? I don't wanna accidentally hammer. Also, how much time do we have?

Since only four players have even posted, and this ends in 12 hours, even if we agreed on the lynch, one still isn't happening. We need five votes.

I don't care, either Stark or Wylted.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 11:24:47 AM

Please Vote for stark, and let's move on.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 11:26:21 AM
At 8/31/2014 12:38:10 AM, Danielle wrote:
XLAV should out his results before we move forward, just in case.

@ Khaos -- It's my understanding that all zygons visited 3 people each NP whether they were scum or not...? Perhaps to throw off a tracker? I'm not sure. I was going to ask about this last DP but I didn't want to out myself as Tracker so I could get one more night of unfettered results to prove my role. Either way it seems we either have to lynch Wylted, Stark or BigMac.

Did you get three results, or just one?
I don't know what's going on.

Stark has three votes right now, since I moved my vote to it. Let's at least get a lynch today.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 11:41:06 AM
At 8/31/2014 11:33:29 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Make sure you protect the cop.

Sure. Here's hoping I don't get forced to regenerate.
TUF, and YYW
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 6:49:01 PM
Wylted (1/5)- Danielle
Stark (4/5)- Yama, XLAV, Khaos. Bullish
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16