Jump to topic:

Gift of Horus Mafia Sign-Ups

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 7:16:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The priestesses of Horus are under attack by the followers of Anubis.

This should be an interesting game, and one that involves more behavior analysis than dependence on roles.

There are special rules for this game, and a fun mechanic.

Town will have only two roles:
Priestess - at the end of every day, you pray to Horus for the strength to fight the impending forces of Anubis. You swear that if Horus grants you this strength, you will use it.

Oracle - Horus has entrusted you with bestowing his gifts to his followers. Choose wisely. [list of three roles]
Before the DP is over, you must assign each player a role. Failure to do so will result in the mod randomly assigning roles to random players. You will be notified of the selection.

There are three Oracles in the game, and they will assign roles to players.
Players MUST use a role that night. Failure to do so will result in a mod-kill, and a retroactive stripping of role and win-con to Betrayer - you lose.
However, if a player is given two or more roles, the player may ONLY select one role.
If any passive roles exist, they must be elected to use. So, for example, if a player is given bomb and cop, they must choose between the two.
All roles assignment only last the night, and are retrieved by the Oracles as the LAST night action.

If a player dies in the night with a gifted role, the role dies with them.
If an oracle dies in the night, all of their roles assignments become permanent.
At this time, passive roles are automatic, and active roles are optional. However, any new gifted roles requires selecting a similar role to be used.

Using the above example: cop and bomb are permanent, and each night you are bomb AND cop, with cop being voluntary.
If you are given Vig, then you are still bomb for the night, but you MUST use either cop or vig.
If, instead, you are given PGO, you CANNOT use cop that night, and you must select which passive role to activate: bomb or PGO, you are not both.
If a player were to permanently be Cop AND Vig, they can only use one role per night, and if a passive role were gifted to them, they must use the passive role, but if gifted a passive and active role, they can choose any of the four roles.

Basically, gifted roles trump any permanent roles.
The followers of Anubis (mafia) have their own set of rules, for them to know, but town must be aware that Anubis is a powerful enemy, and will only get stronger before it is vanquished.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 7:19:31 AM
Given the complexity of the game, and the requirement of activity, I will choose the players for those that sign up.

I am still working out the details, but I am thinking 13 players, maybe 14.

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 5:14:22 PM
At 8/30/2014 7:19:31 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Given the complexity of the game, and the requirement of activity, I will choose the players for those that sign up.

1.Yama

Prince Yama is bored.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 9:52:03 PM
/in
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 3:19:22 PM
At 8/30/2014 9:52:03 PM, bsh1 wrote:
/in
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 3:51:48 PM
SIGN-UPS

1. Yama
2. Ford
3. bsh1
4. Bullish
5. Lannan
etc.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 3:43:36 AM
At 9/1/2014 4:27:33 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
The setup seems awesome. Count me in.
Yeah, I wish my semester wasn't starting next week and I had time to play. :(
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 8:49:34 PM
At 8/30/2014 7:16:06 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
If an oracle dies in the night, all of their roles assignments become permanent.
At this time, passive roles are automatic, and active roles are optional. However, any new gifted roles requires selecting a similar role to be used.

Using the above example: cop and bomb are permanent, and each night you are bomb AND cop, with cop being voluntary.
If you are given Vig, then you are still bomb for the night, but you MUST use either cop or vig.
If, instead, you are given PGO, you CANNOT use cop that night, and you must select which passive role to activate: bomb or PGO, you are not both.
If a player were to permanently be Cop AND Vig, they can only use one role per night, and if a passive role were gifted to them, they must use the passive role, but if gifted a passive and active role, they can choose any of the four roles.

Can you explain the relationship between gifted roles and permanent roles a bit more clearly?
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 8:51:24 PM
At 9/4/2014 8:49:34 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:

Can you explain the relationship between gifted roles and permanent roles a bit more clearly?

I'll work on it. (it takes me time to write things that make sense)
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 9:48:44 PM
/out

I am no longer playing forum mafia. Sorry, Khaos.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 2:33:38 PM
Actually, I think I'll wait until I've hosted my "You Choose" game before backing out of playing forum mafia.

/back in.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 2:34:07 PM
SIGN-UPS

1. Yama
2. Ford
3. bsh1
4. Bullish
5. Lannan
6. Lucky
etc.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 6:21:08 AM
At 9/7/2014 3:02:25 PM, Hatstand wrote:
How is this game not full yet?

^ This. Khaos' game seems incredibly fun and it is certainly innovative. I'm astounded that it hasn't filled yet. This is the game that encouraged me to step back into the modding ring and make a creative game myself.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 5:57:52 PM
At 9/5/2014 2:34:07 PM, bsh1 wrote:
SIGN-UPS

huh?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 5:58:26 PM
*bites lip and itched to play*
*sees players and steps back*
*runs away*

Maybe another time Khaos. <3
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 6:30:08 PM
At 9/10/2014 5:57:52 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 9/5/2014 2:34:07 PM, bsh1 wrote:
SIGN-UPS

huh?

Quoting Khaos.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 7:10:39 PM
At 9/7/2014 3:02:25 PM, Hatstand wrote:
How is this game not full yet?

I know, right?
Last game I had, I had to turn people away after 24 hours, and tried to incorporated too many players into it.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 7:15:15 PM
At 9/4/2014 8:49:34 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 8/30/2014 7:16:06 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Roles are permenant when death of oracle occurs.
At that point passive roles are automatic and active roles are optional.
However, since you can only use one role per night, if you have permanent roles, you have to act within your gift.

So, permanent passive role is automatic, unless a passive role is gifted as well. This forces you to choose a passive role, and by choosing, you forgo your active role (if applicable).
If you have a permanent active role, and are given an active role, you must choose which role to use. If you also have an automatic permanent passive role, that is still "active" as well, since you did not "choose" to activate it.

Does this make more sense?

If you are gifted a role, you must choose one, and you can only choose one role per night.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 7:35:30 PM
Okay, so maybe this is a clearer way to explain it: All non-vanilla abilities are actives, including abilities that are traditionally conceptualized as passives, such as bulletproof, because you must elect to utilize them. You may not waive unless you have a permanent role AND you are not gifted a temporary role during the same night phase. Under any circumstance, you may only use one role each night phase.

Did I get that right?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 7:51:57 PM
At 9/10/2014 7:35:30 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
Okay, so maybe this is a clearer way to explain it: All non-vanilla abilities are actives, including abilities that are traditionally conceptualized as passives, such as bulletproof, because you must elect to utilize them. You may not waive unless you have a permanent role AND you are not gifted a temporary role during the same night phase. Under any circumstance, you may only use one role each night phase.

Did I get that right?

All given roles must be selected if given, thus you "activate" a passive role.
It seems you got it, but if you were permanent bulletproof, and you were gifted cop, you must use cop, and BP is automatic. However, if you were permanent cop, and you were gifted bulletproof, you must "choose" BP, thus cannot cop.
Passive gifts are, in effect, potential roleblockers for permanent active roles.

I will explain this to those that need it, when the first Oracle dies. (those that have permanent roles and the oracles)
This is only an issue as long as oracles are alive, and if they gift to those with permanent roles.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 7:55:34 PM
Okay, so let me rephrase:

All gifted abilities are actives, including abilities that are traditionally conceptualized as passives, such as bulletproof, because you must elect to utilize them. If you acquire a traditionally passive role permanently, then it operates as a passive role. If you are gifted a role, then you must choose to use an active role on that night phase. You may not waive unless you are not gifted a role during the night phase. Under any circumstance, you may only use one active role each night phase.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 8:03:16 PM
At 9/10/2014 7:55:34 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
Okay, so let me rephrase:

All gifted abilities are actives, including abilities that are traditionally conceptualized as passives, such as bulletproof, because you must elect to utilize them. If you acquire a traditionally passive role permanently, then it operates as a passive role, unless gifted another passive role. If you are gifted a role, then you must choose to use an active role on that night phase. You may not waive unless you are not gifted a role during the night phase. Under any circumstance, you may only use one chosen role each night phase.

If gifted a role, you must use that type (passive/active) as your choice of role if there is conflict of other permanent roles.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 8:05:59 PM
I'm just trying to figure out exactly how this mechanic works, because I'm confused. So you can use one active and one passive role each NP?