Jump to topic:

Mafia: Wars of the Roses - Sign-ups

Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 7:24:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So those of you that have seen this game before, but haven't heard, I'm changing the game from insurgents to mafia. It was the only way to get more people to join. I created a new sign up thread because I realized the insurgents name was turning too many potential people away. And INB4 people mention the mod list, yes, I screwed up. It won't happen again. The confusion arose simply because I changed the name of the game.

Ideally, I'd like 14 people in this game, but I need a minimum of 12. 11 people have signed up, but 2 of them have either not been on or closed their account.

Story: It was 1475, four years after all major Lancastrian resistance had been eliminated and the Yorkist Edward IV was king. However, there was a small group of internal resistance loyal to the Lancastrian cause as an English army set off to invade France within the army itself. Their goal was uncertain, as there were a number of ways to send shockwaves through the English government. However, to the Yorkists, everything looked fine as they set off to take over France.

Lannan13 will be the co-mod for this game.

Current Sign-ups:

1. kc
2. Yama
3. Daltonian
4. 9spaceking
5. Seido
6. Krieg01
7. TN05
8. BOT
9. TS

Others (not reserved spots):

1. BigMac
2. GCL

Open Sign-ups:

Again, I only need five more people to start this game. I've been waiting for almost a month, and I'd really like to get this game off the ground.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 7:30:04 PM
If it's now mafia, doesn't it now have to go on the list?
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 7:32:45 PM
At 9/1/2014 7:30:04 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:

There's a waitlist, but people have already signed up, so I don't want to put it on the shelf for a few months.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 8:03:49 PM
At 9/1/2014 7:32:45 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 9/1/2014 7:30:04 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:

There's a waitlist, but people have already signed up, so I don't want to put it on the shelf for a few months.

Rules are rules. You have to wait like everyone else.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 8:24:01 PM
Yeah, if it's mafia, I don't know if I'll be comfortable playing it if it's not on the waitlist, unfortunately.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 8:31:07 PM
At 9/1/2014 8:24:01 PM, Daltonian wrote:
Yeah, if it's mafia, I don't know if I'll be comfortable playing it if it's not on the waitlist, unfortunately.

How long will it take?
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 8:33:15 PM
At 9/1/2014 8:31:07 PM, Subutai wrote:

How long will it take?

4~5 months.
0x5f3759df
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 8:35:53 PM

How long will it take?
Probably quite a while.

Since you've been trying to get your insurgents game going for a while now, you could maybe ask for a bypass - but that means the next mod on the list who's been waiting for months has to let your game go first.

Sorry you're having so much trouble getting signups. If you really do want to host it as mafia, and you're planning to be active, just put it at the bottom of the list and it'll be at the top in ~3 to 4 months. Trekie put her transformers setup on the list in JUNE.. the modlist has a slow pace.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 8:37:39 PM
At 9/1/2014 8:35:53 PM, Daltonian wrote:

How long will it take?
Probably quite a while.

Since you've been trying to get your insurgents game going for a while now, you could maybe ask for a bypass - but that means the next mod on the list who's been waiting for months has to let your game go first.

Sorry you're having so much trouble getting signups. If you really do want to host it as mafia, and you're planning to be active, just put it at the bottom of the list and it'll be at the top in ~3 to 4 months. Trekie put her transformers setup on the list in JUNE.. the modlist has a slow pace.

I couldn't get enough players for insurgents. I could only get more by making the game mafia. I guess what's frustrating is that I had 11 people sign up, but I'm going to have to put it on the backburner for a long time.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 8:43:57 PM
To everyone who signed up for this game: I'm officially cancelling the game and putting it on the mod list. If you still wish to play, you will need to sign up whenever the game is ready to play. The insurgents games don't seem to garner enough support for me to create a good game with it, so I'm left with no other choice.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 8:45:18 PM
imabench did a TWS mafia out of sequence a long time ago, but I convinced him to do it in the Misc. section as a bypass.
0x5f3759df
RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 9:23:23 PM
I'll join. It'll be my first mafia, though...as of the moment, I'm a DDO noob. Sorry.
Check out my DDO FanFic! http://www.debate.org...

"Revelation is a tyrannical despot, not 13 years old." -max.wallace

"hehehehe...ahahaha....wahaha...AHHHHHHHHHHHAHA....pant...pant...pant...""...that's like sex for you, isn't it?" RevL8ion on DDO and FlyingForever on Skype

"Just remember that Yama is more powerful than you, little mortal." -Yama

"XD I like you, Rev. Maybe I won't kill you off right away." -Endark
RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 9:25:16 PM
Actually, I take it back, considering that everyone is highly experienced. Also, really sorry for double posting, but I don't know how to delete or edit my post...but are there any mafia games for newbies anywhere?

"hehehehe...ahahaha....wahaha...AHHHHHHHHHHHAHA....pant...pant...pant...""...that's like sex for you, isn't it?" RevL8ion on DDO and FlyingForever on Skype

Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 9:29:27 PM
At 9/1/2014 9:25:16 PM, RevL8ion wrote:
Actually, I take it back, considering that everyone is highly experienced. Also, really sorry for double posting, but I don't know how to delete or edit my post...but are there any mafia games for newbies anywhere?
Bsh1 has a beginner series. It's currently in progress, but go to his profile here: (http://www.debate.org...) and friend request him, telling him to reserve you a spot for the next beginner game.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
RevL8ion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 9:32:38 PM
Thanks! Really appreciate it.