bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 5:08:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
TP wins!!

1st Place: TP

Budda - You are the SURVIVOR. You win if you survive the game (i.e. you will ursurp the win if another faction meets its wincon and you are still alive). You are not a joint win survivor.

2nd Place: MAFIA

Subutai - You are the 2-shot ROLEBLOCKER. Each night you may select a player and prevent the use of their role for that night.

9space - You are the even-night ROLESTOPPER. Each even night you may select a player and prevent them from being targeted by non-lethal actions (as if they were an Ascetic).

3rd Place: TOWN

Lannan/Denny - You are the PACIFIST. You cannot hammer people. You win with the town.

Khaos - You are the ASCETIC. You're unaffected by non-lethal actions. Ka-pow!

XLAV - You are the 3-shot ROLE COP. Each night you may select a player and learn their role but not their affiliation. You win with the town.

Wylted/GCL - You are the Odd-night SIDEKICK. Every odd night you may select a player. Any non-lethal actions directed at them will be redirected to you instead. You win with the town.

Adam - You are the SUPER SAINT. If lynched, your hammerer will also die. You win with the town.

Dalt - You are the INNOCENT CHILD. You will be mod-confirmed as town-affiliated at the start of DP3. You win with the town.

Krieg - You are the 2-shot ROLEBLOCKER. Each night you may select a player and prevent the use of their role for that night. You win with the town.

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

Krieg - Rlbk. Khaos
GCL - Sdk. Khaos
XLAV - Rlcp. Budda
9space - NK Krieg

NP2

XLAV - Rlcp. 9space
9space - Rlstp. Subutai
Subutai - Rlbk. XLAV
Subutai - NK Wylted

NP3

XLAV - Rlcp. Subutai
Subutai - Rlbk. XLAV
Subutai - NK Lannan

MOD COMMENTS

This is the first time in the 10 series I have run or co-run where a TP has won outright. Congratulations to Budda. Town did a decent job, but they were hampered by early losses (i.e. the Super Saint.) Mafia needed to communicate more and more effectively, and I don't think Subutai did a great job of selling his innocence, but then neither did XLAV. In the end, both town and mafia lost to someone who publically admitted to being scum--there is probably a lesson in there somewhere if you care to find it.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 5:10:20 PM
Nice job 9space...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 5:14:07 PM
We had a hard game. 7 town and 1 TP to two mafia. We caught a huge break with Adam's role, knocking out three town in one whole phase. We had the potential to win in DP3, but then 9space screwed up with his claim. I honestly thought I wouldn't survive DP4, but Khaos bought XLAV's scuminess, so I just globbed on to it.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 5:16:37 PM
At 9/2/2014 5:14:07 PM, Subutai wrote:
We had a hard game. 7 town and 1 TP to two mafia. We caught a huge break with Adam's role, knocking out three town in one whole phase. We had the potential to win in DP3, but then 9space screwed up with his claim. I honestly thought I wouldn't survive DP4, but Khaos bought XLAV's scuminess, so I just globbed on to it.

I had to hammer, since if you were scum, you'd just change your vote to me, and Budda would hammer.
XLAV forced my hand, because I knew I was town.
My work here is, finally, done.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 5:17:48 PM
Btw, this was my first game as mafia. What did you all think of my claiming?
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 5:18:42 PM
At 9/2/2014 5:17:48 PM, Subutai wrote:
Btw, this was my first game as mafia. What did you all think of my claiming?

Scummy role, and you could have done better given you knew more roles, but it worked.
Good timing for it.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 5:30:49 PM
A rolestopper in the same game as a town ascetic? Its the perfect random arse frame job lol XD.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 5:33:18 PM
And this town, is why you always lynch TP's when you have the opportunity to. TP's win-con is to survive and they will do so by any means necessary. Especially survivors, the whoe "joint-win" schtick should never be believed lol.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 6:08:20 PM
At 9/2/2014 5:30:49 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
A rolestopper in the same game as a town ascetic? Its the perfect random arse frame job lol XD.

I know.... I saw that and was like "Crap".
However, I'm disappointed that people would have thought that low of me.
If anything, I'd have claimed commuter, since it gives me space.

I'd have fought my innocence, but I had things to do and figured I'd be lynched before I could post.
XLAV's DP/NP2 play gave me enough suspicion to hammer him, but sub was hardly thought to be town. I just knew that if XLAV is mafia, good, if not, I'll be lynched.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 6:27:42 PM
At 9/2/2014 6:26:30 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 9/2/2014 5:11:29 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Way to go XLAV!!!!

And how is this my fault?

Your vote on me at fvcking LYLO.
How in the hell were you so sure I was scum?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 6:30:12 PM
By the way, Adam, I think I saw what you tried to do, but it was very bad.
This could have been an easy win for town with two confirmed townies, but you killed one by not claiming.

Once your claim was imminent, you should have tried to force a particular player to hammer.
Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 6:43:58 PM
This was a brilliant play by mafia this game, Overall I really enjoyed "stalking" this game.
How come when I hit review it sometimes adds my post without me clicking add post?
Does this happen to other people?

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can
Learn to use emoticons DDO.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 6:44:15 PM
At 9/2/2014 6:27:42 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Way to go XLAV!!!!

And so did you.
And you hammered me at fvcking LYLO.

Budda convinced me, lol.
It was either you or Subtuai, before Budda posted I was still on Subtuai. I kept on getting roleblocked so I needed answers. DP3, I thought you were the roleblocker and you roleblock'd GCL and NK Krieg so you will look ascetic.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 6:51:33 PM
At 9/2/2014 6:44:15 PM, XLAV wrote:
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Way to go XLAV!!!!

And so did you.
And I unvoted quickly thereafter.
Uhhhh, because I was town and was going to be lynched. You were better than nothing.

Budda convinced me, lol.
Yep, because all those rolestopping roles makes perfect since, given the fact YOU WERE ROLEBLOCKED!!!!!!

Why is it any more likely I am scum roleblocker than town ascetic?
You were roleblocked. That means that either:
1. You were roleblocked, which is about as unlikely as me being ascetic is.
2. You were redirected to me, which means I am telling the truth.

Further, you KNEW sub was scum DP3, for reasons other than roles, so your changing your mind was dumb.

It was either you or Subtuai, before Budda posted I was still on Subtuai. I kept on getting roleblocked so I needed answers. DP3, I thought you were the roleblocker and you roleblock'd GCL and NK Krieg so you will look ascetic.

So, why was sub so clearly scum, which you ignored when it mattered most?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 7:02:19 PM
At 9/2/2014 5:30:49 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Did you realize 9space was EVEN nighted?
My shenanigans NP1 should not have been suspect. LOL Unfortunately, I didn't even realize this.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 7:15:37 PM

Actually, I don't want to fight.

Here is what you did, and why I didn't trust you:
DP2, you claimed to know TP, and didn't say anything, nor even press the lynch. Instead, you just fished for more roles.
NP2, IMO, you should have investigated sub instead of 9space, to ensure his role. I am aware it did not matter ultimately, but I'd rather confirm a bomb than know the single unclaimed role.
DP3, you were not really helpful.
DP4, you put a vote on me because of a theory you had, stated by a player who was scum, that was disproven by means of reading the OP. It was just as likely you were redirected than were roleblocked.

Bottom line:
You rely too much on roles.
You are selfish as you care more about staying alive than helping town in the moment. (NP1 I put myself on the line, DP2, you did not out scum, and then outed yourself needlessly)
You NEED to explain yourself better, and by this, I mean to start. "Because I say so" or "it is obvious" is not an explanation.

Truth be told, your saying your action failed was really starting to make me rethink my read on you.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 6:18:52 AM
At 9/2/2014 6:51:33 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/2/2014 6:44:15 PM, XLAV wrote:
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Way to go XLAV!!!!

And so did you.
And I unvoted quickly thereafter.
And that vote was meaningless.
Uhhhh, because I was town and was going to be lynched. You were better than nothing.
Lol, and I was town too. Stupid hammer is stupid.

You know what you could have done? Since Budda was willing to side with mafia, you could have convinced Budda that you're actually scum and tell him to lynch Subtuai.

Budda convinced me, lol.
Yep, because all those rolestopping roles makes perfect since, given the fact YOU WERE ROLEBLOCKED!!!!!!

Why is it any more likely I am scum roleblocker than town ascetic?
You were roleblocked. That means that either:
1. You were roleblocked, which is about as unlikely as me being ascetic is.
How is this unlikely? You just saw 2 roleblockers, town and mafia flipped.
2. You were redirected to me, which means I am telling the truth.
Could be, but the Krieg NK got me to the roleblocker conclusion.

Further, you KNEW sub was scum DP3, for reasons other than roles, so your changing your mind was dumb.
And you hammer on me was stupid. Why does it matter to you that I changed my mind? What if I still thought Sub was scum? You're still going to hammer me either way because you think I'm scum.

So, why was sub so clearly scum, which you ignored when it mattered most?
Behavior, but I was too busy to explain and town was inactive.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 6:33:52 AM
At 9/2/2014 7:15:37 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Then stop initiating a fight.

DP2, you claimed to know TP, and didn't say anything, nor even press the lynch. Instead, you just fished for more roles.
I thought survivor was joint-win again and I would rather sacrifice myself to catch scum than to catch a TP.
NP2, IMO, you should have investigated sub instead of 9space, to ensure his role. I am aware it did not matter ultimately, but I'd rather confirm a bomb than know the single unclaimed role.
DP4, you put a vote on me because of a theory you had, stated by a player who was scum, that was disproven by means of reading the OP. It was just as likely you were redirected than were roleblocked.
Yet you didn't think of that possibility and still hammered me.

Bottom line:
Sadly true. I should rely more on my reads than my role.
You are selfish as you care more about staying alive than helping town in the moment. (NP1 I put myself on the line, DP2, you did not out scum, and then outed yourself needlessly)
Maybe you should have lead a lynch on the survivor instead of me, yah? Besides, I thought survivor was joint-win again so I decided to leave Budda alone.
You NEED to explain yourself better, and by this, I mean to start. "Because I say so" or "it is obvious" is not an explanation.
Well I was busy.

Truth be told, your saying your action failed was really starting to make me rethink my read on you.
How the hell is my action failing scummy? If I were scum I would have said that Subtuai was lookout or some sht and try to get him lynched.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 6:35:28 AM
At 9/2/2014 11:59:41 PM, Wylted wrote:
It was pretty obvious from POE subutai was scum, how'd mafia end up getting 2nd place?

The survivor usurp'd the win of the mafia, so instead of mafia getting 1st place, the survivor will get 1st place.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 7:40:23 AM
At 9/3/2014 6:33:52 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 9/2/2014 7:15:37 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Then stop initiating a fight.

I thought survivor was joint-win again and I would rather sacrifice myself to catch scum than to catch a TP.
Yet you didn't think of that possibility and still hammered me.

Bottom line:
Sadly true. I should rely more on my reads than my role.
Maybe you should have lead a lynch on the survivor instead of me, yah? Besides, I thought survivor was joint-win again so I decided to leave Budda alone.
Well I was busy.

How the hell is my action failing scummy? If I were scum I would have said that Subtuai was lookout or some sht and try to get him lynched.

*sigh*
Learn to read, brah. I was scum reading you most of the game, the fact that you would claim some BS about being roleblocked was making me rethink my read.

Again, with your vote on me, I had to act, as sub would change his vote, and Budda didn't care. You seem to forget that Budda doesn't care what lynch goes through, which, joint-win or not, he should have been lynched, because joint-win or not, he wins with ANY lynch. I hope you realize this now.

As such, and because I was busy (I'm sure you know the feeling), I had to vote you. Had you not placed my vote, AND GAVE ME TIME TO EXPLAIN MYSELF (similar to our current beginner game, eh?), I would have had time to think.