Jump to topic:

Themeless Mafia DP3

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 8:42:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Okay everyone, so last Day Phase was pretty crazy. I was pretty light on some things; however I am going to be a little stricter in certain regards. I will be putting a few new rules in place to help avoid similar situations as what we experienced last DP.

1. No copy/pasting anything from your role PM. Any occurrences of this in the future will result in a mod kill, end of story. This includes discussion between you and the mod, as well as role oriented stuff. This was already a rule, but I am clarifying it for the new players.

2. No talking about anything that happened outside of this game, inside of this game. More specifically things that refer to this game. This is already a commonly known rule in mafia. I have been way too lenient on this rule. On this end please do not say anything the mod or another player said that they in fact didn"t say. I know some people were making jokes, but other people didn"t get them and took them as true statements. I have not given any players information they do not need to know, or handed any unfair advantages to other players with information.

3. Plurality lynching is in effect while replacements are needed. I currently have two players who are still pretty inactive and may need to be replaced. I will replace players as soon as I have the replacements to do so, but for now, I don"t want the players who are active to suffer because of their peers.

Sorry guys, not trying to seem strict, or look like I am putting a hammer down, but I think these rules will be better for the overall health and integrity of the game, and assist the players who are actually trying to play this game seriously.

Dead:

Adam- town- Jailor (Lynched DP1)

Mikal/Malacoda- You are the Mason Recruiter! Each night, you may recruit an individual into a private PM. If that person is mafia, you will die. You win with the town. (Turned into a third party Survivor and modkilled DP2)

Buddamoose- You are the Self-Watcher. Each night (unless Night Killed obviously) you will learn who visited you. You win with the town. (Night Killed NP2)

Living Players:

TGAP
SolonKR
EndarkenedRationalist (replaced Crypto)
Wylted
Daltonian
Zaradi (replaced 9space)
Bullish
TN05
Krieg01
Khaos
Budda
Lucky
Yama

7/12 votes to lynch. DP ends in 72 hours, or @ 0840 Central 9/15/14.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 8:46:11 AM
Ok. We have a night kill. Can we put to bed this no-night-kill-recruiting-mafia shenanigans?

I was visited last night by Bullish and Dalt.

Dalt, what is your role, please?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 8:46:49 AM
Solon, krieg01, and wylted, need to see activity from you, or you will be replaced.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 8:51:30 AM
At 9/12/2014 8:46:11 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Ok. We have a night kill. Can we put to bed this no-night-kill-recruiting-mafia shenanigans?

Yes.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 9:16:04 AM
Probably :P

Should we lynch you, then?
Are we throwing out roles making any kind of sense?
Should doc reveal themselves to confirm NP1 townie?
My work here is, finally, done.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 9:18:52 AM
At 9/12/2014 8:46:49 AM, TUF wrote:
Solon, krieg01, and wylted, need to see activity from you, or you will be replaced.

Seriously, did I not post a lot near the end of that DP?

Anyway.....

VTL TG&P
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 10:00:00 AM
At 9/12/2014 9:16:04 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Why would we do that?

Who said anything about that? No one is saying that there is NO recruitment role what-so-ever. Just that the Mafia isn't in place of some "cult." It's quite possible that the preventer was put in to lower the utility of the Mason.

Should doc reveal themselves to confirm NP1 townie?

I was pondering that myself. I'm not sure I'd want the doc to out themselves so soon. There are still a LOT of people left and it'd be a shame to lose the doc so early. There may be other protective roles to compensate it.

If there are no other leads, sure.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 10:00:09 AM
At 9/12/2014 9:18:52 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 9/12/2014 8:46:49 AM, TUF wrote:

Seriously, did I not post a lot near the end of that DP?

Anyway.....

VTL TG&P

Uh... why?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 10:04:37 AM
At 9/12/2014 10:00:00 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 9/12/2014 9:16:04 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Why would we do that?

Who said anything about that? No one is saying that there is NO recruitment role what-so-ever. Just that the Mafia isn't in place of some "cult." It's quite possible that the preventer was put in to lower the utility of the Mason.

Budda was self-watcher, and SOP is one of each role.
If there is no role analysis, then miller does not necessitate cop. This throws balance out the window.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 10:09:33 AM
At 9/12/2014 10:04:37 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Except we settled this last phase in realizing that this game is supposed to be primarily about behavior reads. It's why I dropped my CC of Budda. The fact that people are bringing it up again is highly suspicious. I can see the Mafia NKing Budda in order to trying and get a mislynch out of me.

If there is no role analysis, then miller does not necessitate cop. This throws balance out the window.

No it doesn't. Miller only affects balance *if* there is a cop (it reduces the cop's utility, but only marginally so). Without a cop a miller is just a vanilla, so unless you're saying that vanilla's throw "balance out the window" there is no issue here.

Who actually read Mikal's and D&P's exchange about the lie?
Did G&P lie?

You really want to bring that up again?
Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 10:20:46 AM
I have null reads on everyone, all of these 'skilled' players makes it harder to discern from town or scum, and makes it more scary to post as everything will be analysed to the bone (Although that basically is the way to play this game).
How come when I hit review it sometimes adds my post without me clicking add post?
Does this happen to other people?

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can
Learn to use emoticons DDO.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 10:24:24 AM
At 9/12/2014 10:20:46 AM, Krieg01 wrote:
I have null reads on everyone, all of these 'skilled' players makes it harder to discern from town or scum, and makes it more scary to post as everything will be analysed to the bone (Although that basically is the way to play this game).

I saw there was some issue with you not knowing what your role was last phase.

What is your role and what actions have you taken so far?
Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 10:40:08 AM
At 9/12/2014 10:24:24 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

Yeah I had been away for a while and just got back and there were heaps of notifications.

Well I can say for sure I have taken no, night actions... But I don't want to reveal my role... Yet.
How come when I hit review it sometimes adds my post without me clicking add post?

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 10:43:37 AM
At 9/12/2014 10:09:33 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

Except we settled this last phase in realizing that this game is supposed to be primarily about behavior reads. It's why I dropped my CC of Budda. The fact that people are bringing it up again is highly suspicious. I can see the Mafia NKing Budda in order to trying and get a mislynch out of me.

I settled nothing of the sort.
I find self-watcher as town a far fetch, let alone only half of the players have visiting roles, so I really don't like there being two.
Also, I can easily see you killing Budda to make this very argument.

No it doesn't. Miller only affects balance *if* there is a cop (it reduces the cop's utility, but only marginally so). Without a cop a miller is just a vanilla, so unless you're saying that vanilla's throw "balance out the window" there is no issue here.

Forget balance, I shouldn't have said that.
Do we throw role analysis out the window?
If there is no cop, should we lynch the miller based on that?
If so, why not lynch you for claiming a exact role?

Did G&P lie?

Mikal was town, and he said you were lying.
If Mikal was being his moronic self, then it means nothing. If he wasn't, then it casts suspicion on you.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 10:43:59 AM
At 9/12/2014 10:40:08 AM, Krieg01 wrote:

Yeah I had been away for a while and just got back and there were heaps of notifications.

Well I can say for sure I have taken no, night actions... But I don't want to reveal my role... Yet.

Oh well.

VTL Krieg
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 10:45:48 AM
I don't care if he wants to reveal or not. He was one vote off from getting lynched last DP. He's in everybody's scum list. It's reason enough to full claim. Also he soft claimed possibly without realizing he did. I'd like to see if he contradicts that hint.

Unvote VTL Krieg
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 10:49:11 AM
Good thing I refreshed the page before voting.
Krieg needs to full claim with night actions.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 10:50:47 AM
At 9/12/2014 10:43:37 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 9/12/2014 10:09:33 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

I settled nothing of the sort.

Really? Because it derailed the lynch on either of us. Seems pretty settled to me.

I find self-watcher as town a far fetch, let alone only half of the players have visiting roles, so I really don't like there being two.
Also, I can easily see you killing Budda to make this very argument.

So. Let me get this straight. Let's put it altogether.
bsh1 is scum. He claims a role that benefits from being targeted that isn't priest.
Budda claims watcher.
I replace bsh1 as scum.
Despite being a large proponent of SOP, despite knowing that 1-for-1 hurts Mafia more than town, despite buddying with Budda, despite self-watcher not really being an important role to get killed... I, as scum, decide to CC Budda as self-watcher.
Then, next phase, I use SOP to build a wagon on Budda, a pretty strong wagon then, for no reason at all, I derail my own wagon, just to decide to NK Budda, knowing it would incriminate me, so I could use the fact I derailed the wagon to get out of that self-incrimination?

Forget balance, I shouldn't have said that.
Do we throw role analysis out the window?

No. But we should avoid coming to hasty conclusions.

If there is no cop, should we lynch the miller based on that?

I'd certainly lynch the Miller if there was no cop, but we don't know that. Half the people are unclaimed. Then again, what's to stop a mafioso from claiming cop if there is none?

If so, why not lynch you for claiming a exact role?

Did G&P lie?

Mikal was town, and he said you were lying.
If Mikal was being his moronic self, then it means nothing. If he wasn't, then it casts suspicion on you.

Being Town is not some sort of grant of supernatural power of accuracy. Yeah, he said I was lying. He's wrong.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 10:51:12 AM

I think there is going to be a consensus among town for wanting you to claim.
Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 11:00:45 AM
At 9/12/2014 10:51:12 AM, Wylted wrote:

Fine I am the bodyguard, and I haven't used it on any NP.

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 11:02:24 AM
At 9/12/2014 11:00:45 AM, Krieg01 wrote:

Why not?
Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 11:05:00 AM
At 9/12/2014 11:02:24 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 9/12/2014 11:00:45 AM, Krieg01 wrote:

Why not?

I haven't figured out who needs the most protection... I find it hard as a fairly new player to get into the analysing side of Mafia games and am not a real good person at these sort of games but I try my best and if that means not using it until I have a fair idea on who the best option is I will do that.

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 11:06:26 AM
At 9/12/2014 11:05:00 AM, Krieg01 wrote:

Why not?

I haven't figured out who needs the most protection... I find it hard as a fairly new player to get into the analysing side of Mafia games and am not a real good person at these sort of games but I try my best and if that means not using it until I have a fair idea on who the best option is I will do that.

So because you don't know what move to make you're not going to make any move, even though acting randomly would be better?

Yeah. Let's lynch this guy.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 11:09:08 AM
@Krieg, protecting at random would be superior. You know you're town plus town out numbers mafia. So drawing a name out of a hat would be superior to what you did.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 11:10:16 AM
Krieg, are you sure you aren't looking at your role pm from the beginner's series?
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 11:11:52 AM
Also, Mikal was basically mod confirmed as town, which simultaneously confirms Lucky. Why not protect lucky?
Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 11:12:56 AM
At 9/12/2014 11:09:08 AM, Wylted wrote:
@Krieg, protecting at random would be superior. You know you're town plus town out numbers mafia. So drawing a name out of a hat would be superior to what you did.

Fair point, but as a new player it is daunting and you think more protectively, but I guess as I get more into Mafia, these things would be the first thoughts that enter my mind in these situations. If I don't die this DP, I guess I will have to pull a name out of a hat then...

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can