Many Emotions Mafia Sign-Up

StarkTek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 8:52:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Many Emotion Mafia Sign-Up

This is a game of mafia for a small group of players and a whole bunch of roles.

Have you ever found yourself with a small group of your buddies, maybe 3 or 4, and wanted to play a good game of Mafia? You each hand out hidden slips of paper and play a quick 3-5 minute game of "you look funny" or "you smiled when you saw your paper". The game is no fun without roles or night phases to make the game interesting.

Luckily I have come up with a solution. In this game we get a small group of people together, anywhere from 5 to 10. Then the games begin.

Step 1 - The roles are randomly assigned, but not in the traditional manner. A list of over 20 roles will be put together. You read right, 20. A random generator will assign each player with a random role from this list, mafia or town it doesn"t matter.

Step 2 - The players are dropped into DP 1 without knowing if there is mafia on the field or not. They now have a couple of choices. Examine each other and lynch the most suspicious, or abstain to the night phase. Seems like regular mafia so far, right?

Step 3 - Now we enter the NP. The people of the night do their thing (bodyguard, cop, and other roles). The mafia (if any) will choose a person in the night to kill. If no one was lynched in the DP and there are no mafia on the field 1 random person will kick the metaphorical bucket.

Step 4 - No matter what, someone dies each round. But with such a small group, the game should be over quickly. WRONG!!! You remember that big list of roles? Well, once someone dies, at the beginning of the next DP they are popped back into the game with a brand new role. TADA!!!

Step 5 - It all comes down to the end game. The roles have been slowly eliminated over time leaving less and less for the randomizer to give you. Eventually either all of the mafia will be eliminated or the entire town. WHATEVER YOUR LAST ROLE IS, THATS THE ROLE YOU WIN/LOSE THE GAME WITH.

I will be co-modding this game with TheAntidoter soon and the theme will be Emotions and States. (We talk IRL and he confirms that it is ok I take his spot in the line. He will probably be inactive for most of it but I will make him get on and confirm before the game starts.) I will start the game when it is convienient.

Role Examples "
-Paranoia - "Run, Run, Run away. Live to fight another day." You are the paranoid gun owner; you shoot who ever visit you in the night.
-Alert - "What was that noise?" You see and hear everything in the night; you are a watcher and can watch to see whom someone visits in the night.
-Happy - https://www.youtube.com... You are content with you life as a townie; you are vanilla.
-Deception - mafia - "Of course I don"t have a pair of aces." You are very good at hiding your true intentions; when investigated you will appear innocent

Intrested? Questions? Ask and sign up below.

ect...

Thanks
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 9:13:18 PM
At 9/12/2014 8:52:53 PM, StarkTek wrote:
Many Emotion Mafia Sign-Up

This is a game of mafia for a small group of players and a whole bunch of roles.

Have you ever found yourself with a small group of your buddies, maybe 3 or 4, and wanted to play a good game of Mafia? You each hand out hidden slips of paper and play a quick 3-5 minute game of "you look funny" or "you smiled when you saw your paper". The game is no fun without roles or night phases to make the game interesting.

Luckily I have come up with a solution. In this game we get a small group of people together, anywhere from 5 to 10. Then the games begin.

Step 1 - The roles are randomly assigned, but not in the traditional manner. A list of over 20 roles will be put together. You read right, 20. A random generator will assign each player with a random role from this list, mafia or town it doesn"t matter.

Step 2 - The players are dropped into DP 1 without knowing if there is mafia on the field or not. They now have a couple of choices. Examine each other and lynch the most suspicious, or abstain to the night phase. Seems like regular mafia so far, right?

Step 3 - Now we enter the NP. The people of the night do their thing (bodyguard, cop, and other roles). The mafia (if any) will choose a person in the night to kill. If no one was lynched in the DP and there are no mafia on the field 1 random person will kick the metaphorical bucket.

Step 4 - No matter what, someone dies each round. But with such a small group, the game should be over quickly. WRONG!!! You remember that big list of roles? Well, once someone dies, at the beginning of the next DP they are popped back into the game with a brand new role. TADA!!!

Step 5 - It all comes down to the end game. The roles have been slowly eliminated over time leaving less and less for the randomizer to give you. Eventually either all of the mafia will be eliminated or the entire town. WHATEVER YOUR LAST ROLE IS, THATS THE ROLE YOU WIN/LOSE THE GAME WITH.

I will be co-modding this game with TheAntidoter soon and the theme will be Emotions and States. (We talk IRL and he confirms that it is ok I take his spot in the line. He will probably be inactive for most of it but I will make him get on and confirm before the game starts.) I will start the game when it is convienient.

Role Examples "
-Paranoia - "Run, Run, Run away. Live to fight another day." You are the paranoid gun owner; you shoot who ever visit you in the night.
-Alert - "What was that noise?" You see and hear everything in the night; you are a watcher and can watch to see whom someone visits in the night.
-Happy - https://www.youtube.com... You are content with you life as a townie; you are vanilla.
-Deception - mafia - "Of course I don"t have a pair of aces." You are very good at hiding your true intentions; when investigated you will appear innocent

Intrested? Questions? Ask and sign up below.

ect...

Thanks

Please put yourself on the Mod List first. While you can post your sign ups any time, it generally is counter productive to post them so far in advance. It'd be better to wait closer to your turn.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 12:17:07 AM
/in
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 7:36:29 AM
This is an interesting concept but there are some issues.

1. Without knowing whether there are any mafia, it becomes more random, less dependent on actual reads and good play.

2. People generally don't like to switch affiliations. Who wants to play the entire game as Town, only to switch to Mafia at the last moment?
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 8:42:26 AM
Sounds cool. I'll follow it but can't play unfortunately...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
StarkTek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 8:38:16 AM
At 9/13/2014 7:36:29 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

1. Without knowing whether there are any mafia, it becomes more random, less dependent on actual reads and good play.

2. People generally don't like to switch affiliations. Who wants to play the entire game as Town, only to switch to Mafia at the last moment?

The idea is to produce a randomly generated game that relies less on reads and more on watching someones META change.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 9:10:52 AM
At 9/15/2014 8:38:16 AM, StarkTek wrote:

The idea is to produce a randomly generated game that relies less on reads and more on watching someones META change.

Watching someone's Meta change IS a read.
StarkTek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 10:27:01 AM
At 9/15/2014 9:10:52 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

Long term role-to-person reads. Sorry for the confusion. It becomes more interesting towards the end game where the roles matter more.

This is supposed to be more of a party game that will be more random and fun. We would love for you to join so you could see for yourself.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 10:29:57 AM
At 9/15/2014 10:27:01 AM, StarkTek wrote:
At 9/15/2014 9:10:52 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

Long term role-to-person reads. Sorry for the confusion. It becomes more interesting towards the end game where the roles matter more.

This is supposed to be more of a party game that will be more random and fun. We would love for you to join so you could see for yourself.

Right, but that's my point. The beginning part of the game seems pointless. I'd rather just get to the part that matters.
StarkTek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 10:35:22 AM
At 9/15/2014 10:29:57 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Right, but that's my point. The beginning part of the game seems pointless. I'd rather just get to the part that matters.

Ok then I guess this game is not for you. Thank you for considering and providing your input.