Total Posts:96|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Gift of Horus Mafia DP3

Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:03:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Oracles looked at each other and giggled.
"Perhaps Anubis isn't as strong as a foe as we feared." One commented to the others.
"Perhaps, but do you not feel that chill in the air. Let us not get over confident, sisters."

No one died in the night....again.

Lynched last DP:
Yama:
Monk - The powers granted to you by Anubis were passed to your brothers.

Living players:
1. Ford
2. bsh1
3. Bullish
4. Wylted (replacing Lannan)
5. Lucky
6. Zaradi
7. TheGreatAndPowerful
8. XLAV
9. numberwang
10.MonetaryOffset
11. 9spaceking
12.Daltonian

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
DP ends at 17:00 DDO Time 10/1/14

My work here is, finally, done.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:05:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So...Yama isn't with Horus? We lynched correctly.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:06:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
My role was successful, yet it failed. I'll elaborate more later. Any pressing results?
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:07:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 5:05:37 PM, bsh1 wrote:
So...Yama isn't with Horus? We lynched correctly.

Why is this a surprise?
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:10:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 5:07:04 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 9/28/2014 5:05:37 PM, bsh1 wrote:
So...Yama isn't with Horus? We lynched correctly.

Why is this a surprise?

I didn't say it was a surprise. I asked because there was no "I win with..." statement. I wanted confirmation that the way Yama's role was phrased confirmed he was scum, that I was reading it right.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:11:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 5:10:45 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 9/28/2014 5:07:04 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 9/28/2014 5:05:37 PM, bsh1 wrote:
So...Yama isn't with Horus? We lynched correctly.

Why is this a surprise?

I didn't say it was a surprise. I asked because there was no "I win with..." statement. I wanted confirmation that the way Yama's role was phrased confirmed he was scum, that I was reading it right.

He was confirmed as scum when he was lynched.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:12:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 5:09:47 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Posit: Growing mafia started out weak, without an Nk at all at the begining

Perhaps. I have reason to believe that may not be the case, but I want other people to contribute their thoughts first.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:12:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 5:11:39 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 9/28/2014 5:10:45 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 9/28/2014 5:07:04 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 9/28/2014 5:05:37 PM, bsh1 wrote:
So...Yama isn't with Horus? We lynched correctly.

Why is this a surprise?

I didn't say it was a surprise. I asked because there was no "I win with..." statement. I wanted confirmation that the way Yama's role was phrased confirmed he was scum, that I was reading it right.

He was confirmed as scum when he was lynched.

I wasn't online then and I didn't bother to check. But, good to know.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:13:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 5:12:51 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I wasn't online then and I didn't bother to check. But, good to know.

Meh, no biggie.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:13:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Correction

Living players:
1. Ford
2. bsh1
3. Bullish
4. Wylted (replacing Lannan)
5. Lucky
6. Zaradi
7. TheGreatAndPowerful
8. XLAV
9. numberwang
10. Budda (replacing MonetaryOffset)
11. 9spaceking
12.Daltonian
My work here is, finally, done.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:15:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 5:13:37 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 9/28/2014 5:12:51 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I wasn't online then and I didn't bother to check. But, good to know.

Meh, no biggie.

Thanks, lol. I'll be back on later tonight...I received a bulletproof ability and self-targeted. Maybe that provides some insight into the no-kill last night. Then again, if last DP's claims are to be believed (Lucky and Bullish, right), we have two doc abilities as well.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:18:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 5:15:48 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 9/28/2014 5:13:37 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 9/28/2014 5:12:51 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I wasn't online then and I didn't bother to check. But, good to know.

Meh, no biggie.

Thanks, lol. I'll be back on later tonight...I received a bulletproof ability and self-targeted. Maybe that provides some insight into the no-kill last night. Then again, if last DP's claims are to be believed (Lucky and Bullish, right), we have two doc abilities as well.

Self-targeted?
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:40:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm down for a number lynch today. He's annoyed me since DP1 and last phase he was more interesting in quibbling over whether or not mafia waived their NK than lynching obvious scum.
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:42:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 5:40:26 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
I'm down for a number lynch today. He's annoyed me since DP1 and last phase he was more interesting in quibbling over whether or not mafia waived their NK than lynching obvious scum.

I too would like to hear from number.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:42:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Also, just to clear up things. Yama didn't see XLAV perform his action because XLAV was roleblocked (confirmed by bsh1). Yama tried to assert that XLAV didn't even try, but if that was the case then XLAV couldn't have known he was roleblocked in the first place.
XLAV
Posts: 13,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:44:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 5:42:15 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Also, just to clear up things. Yama didn't see XLAV perform his action because XLAV was roleblocked (confirmed by bsh1). Yama tried to assert that XLAV didn't even try, but if that was the case then XLAV couldn't have known he was roleblocked in the first place.

He's scum, so why should we trust scum results?
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:47:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 5:44:01 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 9/28/2014 5:42:15 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Also, just to clear up things. Yama didn't see XLAV perform his action because XLAV was roleblocked (confirmed by bsh1). Yama tried to assert that XLAV didn't even try, but if that was the case then XLAV couldn't have known he was roleblocked in the first place.

He's scum, so why should we trust scum results?

1. It is an ideal situation for sum to use truth to incrimate townies.
2. Number last phase said that if Yama flips Monk then you're scum, so I'm forstalling that line of reasoning before it gets going. You're welcome?
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:47:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 5:42:15 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Also, just to clear up things. Yama didn't see XLAV perform his action because XLAV was roleblocked (confirmed by bsh1). Yama tried to assert that XLAV didn't even try, but if that was the case then XLAV couldn't have known he was roleblocked in the first place.

Could you rephrase this? I'm having trouble finding your point.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:50:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 5:47:35 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 9/28/2014 5:42:15 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Also, just to clear up things. Yama didn't see XLAV perform his action because XLAV was roleblocked (confirmed by bsh1). Yama tried to assert that XLAV didn't even try, but if that was the case then XLAV couldn't have known he was roleblocked in the first place.

Could you rephrase this? I'm having trouble finding your point.

XLAV claimed cop.
XLAV claimed attempted cop action was unsuccessful.
bash1 confirms roleblocking XLAV
Yama asserts that XLAV is lying, and did not even try, and stands by this despite knowledge of XLAV being roleblocked.
number claims that if Yama is actually the Monk, then XLAV is scum via Yama's results.

I'm saying that XLAV can't be lying because he could only know that he was roleblocked if he attempted to use this ability in the first place. I don't necessarily think this makes Yama a liar, but that Yama didn't fully understand that roleblock nullfies the attempt. There is no visit (I assume Yama's role relayed information about visits).
XLAV
Posts: 13,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:55:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 5:47:18 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 9/28/2014 5:44:01 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 9/28/2014 5:42:15 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Also, just to clear up things. Yama didn't see XLAV perform his action because XLAV was roleblocked (confirmed by bsh1). Yama tried to assert that XLAV didn't even try, but if that was the case then XLAV couldn't have known he was roleblocked in the first place.

He's scum, so why should we trust scum results?

1. It is an ideal situation for sum to use truth to incrimate townies.
2. Number last phase said that if Yama flips Monk then you're scum, so I'm forstalling that line of reasoning before it gets going. You're welcome?
Seems like an attempted mislynch plan of scum. Joining the pressure.
VTL Number
XLAV
Posts: 13,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:55:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 5:47:18 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 9/28/2014 5:44:01 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 9/28/2014 5:42:15 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Also, just to clear up things. Yama didn't see XLAV perform his action because XLAV was roleblocked (confirmed by bsh1). Yama tried to assert that XLAV didn't even try, but if that was the case then XLAV couldn't have known he was roleblocked in the first place.

He's scum, so why should we trust scum results?

1. It is an ideal situation for sum to use truth to incrimate townies.
2. Number last phase said that if Yama flips Monk then you're scum, so I'm forstalling that line of reasoning before it gets going. You're welcome?
Seems like an attempted mislynch plan of scum. Joining the pressure.
VTL Number
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 5:59:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Number is at 3/7. I'll put him at 4/7. VTL Number.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 6:24:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ok guys 3 things.

1. Number has to be town, because someone doc'd me and Number is the only one to claim to have done so. I know I'm town, and scum wouldn't ever doc town.

2. I got roleblocking, and I RB'd 9space, because I know that no sane oracle would gift him anything.

3. Having used this roleblock myself, I am now much more suspicious of bsh1. Why would bsh1 wait so long before outing who he roleblocked? Why would he roleblock XLAV, instead of an obvious useless person? It seems to me like if he were scum, he roleblocked XLAV, then waited to see if XLAV was informed of being roleblocked, then outed results to corroborate with XLAV. If XLAV was not informed, then bsh1 would pretend like his target was some random person who had no active role. I mean, he blocked the freaking COP! We could have had a confirmed person yesterday.
0x5f3759df
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 6:26:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 6:24:25 PM, Bullish wrote:
Ok guys 3 things.

1. Number has to be town, because someone doc'd me and Number is the only one to claim to have done so. I know I'm town, and scum wouldn't ever doc town.

Why not?

2. I got roleblocking, and I RB'd 9space, because I know that no sane oracle would gift him anything.

Sound reasoning.