Jump to topic:

Gift of Horus Mafia DP3 Reboot

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:38:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
There was a shriek in the night, and Horus wept.

Died in the night
Numberwang -
Oracle - Horus has entrusted you with bestowing his gifts to his followers. Choose wisely:
Role 1
Role 2
Doctor (protects a player who is shot)

Before the DP is over, you must assign each player a role. Failure to do so will result in the mod randomly assigning roles to random players. You will be notified of the selection.

Lynched last DP:
Yama:
Monk - The powers granted to you by Anubis were passed to your brothers.

Living players:
1. Ford
2. bsh1
3. Bullish
4. Wylted (replacing Lannan)
5. Lucky
6. Budda (replacing Zaradi)
7. TheGreatAndPowerful
8. XLAV
9. Number (replacing MonetaryOffset)
10. 9spaceking
11. Daltonian

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
DP ends at 17:00 DDO Time 10/1/14

Many apologies for this.
I misapplied a night action, and Number was not protected as I thought he was.
My work here is, finally, done.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:42:46 PM
That explains why he repeatedly received doctor despite the fact that nobody would actually gift him a role.

While we're talking about mod errors, Khaos, Number doc'd somebody at night, the doc would most certainly go through, despite his death. So if, for instance, a priest was visited by Number, they would know.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:44:34 PM
I'd really like to lynch lucky right now, I don't like how he handled the botched start of d3, where he said I was lying, plus d2 where he was very inconsistent.

TG, you get anything now? You should have.

Khaos said I can use all of the information from what I knew as oracle previously. I had roleblock and priest.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:45:08 PM
With that said, if there was a second doctor, they still need to out who they protected. I was given vig, and only vig, so I was forced to shoot. I shot number because it was either him or an inactive, and I figured receiving vig meant that the oracle who gave me it (since I specifically requested a certain oracle be the only person to give me a role) wanted me to shoot Number, because he was the person I questioned the most, so I went with it. Better he die at night that during the day I suppose. Anyhoo, the target of the second doctor was probably the night kill target (assuming there is a NK, but why wouldn't there be with 3 protective roles?) because I don't think it was bsh1.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:45:28 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:44:34 PM, numberwang wrote:
I'd really like to lynch lucky right now, I don't like how he handled the botched start of d3, where he said I was lying, plus d2 where he was very inconsistent.

Khaos said I can use all of the information from what I knew as oracle previously. I had roleblock and priest.

You realize that you are dead, right?
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:45:59 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:45:28 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:

Jk, you replaced in.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:46:48 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:42:46 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
That explains why he repeatedly received doctor despite the fact that nobody would actually gift him a role.

While we're talking about mod errors, Khaos, Number doc'd somebody at night, the doc would most certainly go through, despite his death. So if, for instance, a priest was visited by Number, they would know.

All mod errors have been fixed and all affected parties have been notified.
My work here is, finally, done.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:46:52 PM

You wish I were dead!
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:46:57 PM
Who did you give the roleblock to? It's important to know who permanently has it so that we can track the nature of the RBs as indication of affiliation.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:47:48 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:46:52 PM, numberwang wrote:

You wish I were dead!

I actually wish I hadn't got vig at all, and considered shooting myself since I figured I was the likeliest doc target, but I didn't want to take that risk and I valued myself over you, so meh.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:48:12 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:45:08 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
With that said, if there was a second doctor, they still need to out who they protected. I was given vig, and only vig, so I was forced to shoot. I shot number because it was either him or an inactive, and I figured receiving vig meant that the oracle who gave me it (since I specifically requested a certain oracle be the only person to give me a role) wanted me to shoot Number, because he was the person I questioned the most, so I went with it. Better he die at night that during the day I suppose. Anyhoo, the target of the second doctor was probably the night kill target (assuming there is a NK, but why wouldn't there be with 3 protective roles?) because I don't think it was bsh1.

I don't for a second buy this, because there was no claim to having received vig previous to now. The second doc shouldn't out because there is no reason to believe that you were actually given vig unless an orc outs, and we don't want that!
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:48:20 PM
Why would I know how a roleblock works re: a priestess.

Wow...that was bad re: Number.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:49:29 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:48:12 PM, numberwang wrote:

I don't for a second buy this, because there was no claim to having received vig previous to now. The second doc shouldn't out because there is no reason to believe that you were actually given vig unless an orc outs, and we don't want that!

Behaviorally it makes sense. Why do you think I was so certain you were lying? If Drafter hadn't received doc on his priest results, and he wasn't role blocked, and you claimed to have doc, and I tried to vig you and it failed, I have pretty damn good reason to assume you were lying and that you actually protected yourself.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:49:31 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:47:48 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:

You wish I were dead!

I actually wish I hadn't got vig at all, and considered shooting myself since I figured I was the likeliest doc target, but I didn't want to take that risk and I valued myself over you, so meh.

Why would you be a doc target? You have a little bit of an ego, mate.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:49:54 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:48:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Is there anything that Khaos told you after you submitted your night action?
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:50:15 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:49:31 PM, numberwang wrote:

You wish I were dead!

Because I'm the towniest player in the game?
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:51:28 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:49:29 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:

Behaviorally it makes sense. Why do you think I was so certain you were lying? If Drafter hadn't received doc on his priest results, and he wasn't role blocked, and you claimed to have doc, and I tried to vig you and it failed, I have pretty damn good reason to assume you were lying and that you actually protected yourself.

If you were maf you would be equally convinced I was lying, since you would still believe I would never be protected and you would still want me dead.

And for the record I had no idea doc could self protect or I would have, because when I sent in my night actions I told Khaos that I was going to be killed, lol.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:52:05 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:50:15 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 9/28/2014 10:49:31 PM, numberwang wrote:

You wish I were dead!

Because I'm the towniest player in the game?

"You have a little bit of an ego, mate."
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:52:41 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:51:28 PM, numberwang wrote:

If you were maf you would be equally convinced I was lying, since you would still believe I would never be protected and you would still want me dead.

Except if I was mafia I'd know you /were/ protected.

And for the record I had no idea doc could self protect or I would have, because when I sent in my night actions I told Khaos that I was going to be killed, lol.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:53:47 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:46:57 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
Who did you give the roleblock to? It's important to know who permanently has it so that we can track the nature of the RBs as indication of affiliation.

I just got informed that I'm now a perm RB. TGAP is probs now the perm priest.
0x5f3759df
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:54:58 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:53:47 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 9/28/2014 10:46:57 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:

I just got informed that I'm now a perm RB. TGAP is probs now the perm priest.

Sounds about right.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:55:35 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:52:41 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 9/28/2014 10:51:28 PM, numberwang wrote:

Except if I was mafia I'd know you /were/ protected.

Not necessarily, you could have been blocked as well.

Wouldn't you also be forced to assume that I was protected when I didn't die if you vigged me? It's the same situation either way, a kill fails because of a block or a protect. There is no way to know either way as maf or as vig, unless the maf have a role which discovers town roles.

With two docs in game, why didn't you assume I'd be protected and that I wasn't lying about claiming doc?

Oh right, because no one would ever protect me.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:56:02 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:49:54 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 9/28/2014 10:48:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Is there anything that Khaos told you after you submitted your night action?

Just that my action was successful.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:57:33 PM
Except if I'm mafia looking in on town, I have to assume that somebody else protected you, and asking the questions I did, knowing that TGAP was clearly not targeted by the NK due to his priest results, I'd be confirming that either you or bsh1 is town. As town, I'm pressuring you because I'm certain you're lying. Those questions are only beneficial as town. Furthermore, as mafia I have no reason to lynch you because you were on the road to being mislynched anyway.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:58:53 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:54:58 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:

Why didn't you shoot MO? You stated that you thought MO was scummy dp2, and you never stated that you thought I was really scummy. And MO was inactive, your vast experience and infinite wisdom, much the same as xlavs, would prompt you to shoot the inactive, no? Because you can get no information from an inactive? Or do you just dislike me that much?
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:58:58 PM
Furthermore, I was ready to claim the moment the DP started. "My action was successful yet it failed." My vig wasn't stopped on my end, but it failed to kill my target. How many roles would know that their role was stopped on their target's end and also know that it wasn't stopped on their own end? If we learn later on that there's no vig role, I die. It doesn't make sense to fake claim vig.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:59:30 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:58:53 PM, numberwang wrote:
At 9/28/2014 10:54:58 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:

Why didn't you shoot MO? You stated that you thought MO was scummy dp2, and you never stated that you thought I was really scummy. And MO was inactive, your vast experience and infinite wisdom, much the same as xlavs, would prompt you to shoot the inactive, no? Because you can get no information from an inactive? Or do you just dislike me that much?

I never said that I thought MO was scummy. I did say that I thought you were scummy. Why are you lying?
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 11:00:58 PM
At 9/28/2014 10:57:33 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
Except if I'm mafia looking in on town, I have to assume that somebody else protected you, and asking the questions I did, knowing that TGAP was clearly not targeted by the NK due to his priest results, I'd be confirming that either you or bsh1 is town.

Actually we had just discovered that not to be the case, since a priest can be roleblocked in this game.

As town, I'm pressuring you because I'm certain you're lying. Those questions are only beneficial as town. Furthermore, as mafia I have no reason to lynch you because you were on the road to being mislynched anyway.

I seriously doubt I would have been ml'ed. The push would have been you and TG primarily and you had nothing to push me on. Worst case scenario I out as oracle and I live. You have no basis for saying I was a certain ml.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 11:03:11 PM
At 9/28/2014 11:00:58 PM, numberwang wrote:
At 9/28/2014 10:57:33 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
Except if I'm mafia looking in on town, I have to assume that somebody else protected you, and asking the questions I did, knowing that TGAP was clearly not targeted by the NK due to his priest results, I'd be confirming that either you or bsh1 is town.

Actually we had just discovered that not to be the case, since a priest can be roleblocked in this game.

Mmhmm, but I knew that he could be role blocked, because I knew that BP could be role blocked, because I asked when I was told that my action was successful NP1, so I knew that if TGAP was RB'd, he'd be told. So my original point still stands.

As town, I'm pressuring you because I'm certain you're lying. Those questions are only beneficial as town. Furthermore, as mafia I have no reason to lynch you because you were on the road to being mislynched anyway.

I seriously doubt I would have been ml'ed. The push would have been you and TG primarily and you had nothing to push me on. Worst case scenario I out as oracle and I live. You have no basis for saying I was a certain ml.

Sure, you'd be able to out as oracle and live, but as mafia I wouldn't know that you were oracle, so I would still see you as a valid ML target.