Jump to topic:

Adventurer Mafia DP5

Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 3:41:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
TheGreatAndPowerful(2) died last NP. Nobody died at night.

Graveyard

TGAP(2) - You are now a roleblocker. - Mafia

Specialization: Lose nightly roleblocker, gain 1x global roleblock.

Khaos/Bsh1 - Cop - Town
TGAP(1) - Lynchproof - Town
Endarkened - Cop - Town
Debatability - Roleblocker - Town
Budda - The Beast / Watcher - Third Party
Adam - Miller - Town
Bullish - Role Recycler - Town

Living Players

1. Bossy
2. TUF
3. Zaradi
4. Maikuru
5. Bullish(2)
6. Ford
7. Daltonian

With 7 players remaining, it takes 4 votes to lynch. The DP ends in roughly 120 hours, or 8AM EDT, 7AM DDO Time on Thursday the 16th.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 6:08:02 AM
Why did Zaradi replace back in? Also no one died last night phase, but TGAP did? I think that was supposed to say dp.

Also my third party theory was off.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 8:19:05 AM
I cannot post very much right now, but Bossy should out his results.

If Maikuru is town, there must be a redirector/framer. That means one of the unconfirmed roles is lying. If one isn't, he's scum.

That's:
Me
Budda
Bullish if Bossy doesn't confirm him, which is going to warrant a big FOS from me if he didn't visit Bossy
Ford
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 9:46:44 AM
The only people who could be lying about their roles right now are Ford and Budda. Damn, I don't know why I didn't see this before.

Bossy claimed to have been visited by a tracker (Bullish) and a doc (Tuf). I vigged and Dalt bread crumbed ascetic since DP1, which I guess could be a lie, but that would have been extremely unnecessary at that point.

That leaves Budda and Ford. Out of the remaining group of players, I also believe they were the last two to claim (correct me if I'm wrong).
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 9:50:29 AM
We should still obviously get everyone's results.

Bullish, what zone were you in? Why didn't you join us? I thought you wanted an extended DP?

Bossy and Ford, what zones were you guys in?
- lamerde

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 9:58:21 AM
So drafter wasn't the dragon. I'm thinking the dragon only activates upon a non-mafia death, as we already saw it activate on a tp and town deaths. That would help balance how scum-sided and kill-heavy this set-up is.
- lamerde

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 10:08:39 AM
Sorry for all the posts but you'll get over it.

Not only could someone be lying about their role, someone definitely is. We have a confirmed roleblocker and bullish claims to have been roleblocked yesterday. That was the same day bossy says he was visited by a doc, so he wasn't roleblocked. That means drafter didn't use the global rb and specifically targeted bullish. There would be no need to rb the tracker unless something else was going on during the np. My guess is still a redirector on me.
- lamerde

Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 10:57:50 AM
4 scum (3 mafia, 1 TP) in a 15 player game doesn't seem unreasonable.

There are probably two mafia left. I've voiced concerns in the PM about the convenience of the following two claims:

- Budda
- Maikuru

And how they are mutually unconfirmable and subsistent (supportive theme/rolewise) of each other.

I'm also anxious for comment from Bossy/Bullish. If Bullish didn't visit Bossy tonight, then FOS him.

I also have a little bit of renewed suspicion about TUF, especially considering I was previously worried about Trekie/TUF in Holy Rivers PM and she just flipped mafia.

I'm all over the place.
Assume 5 town, 2 mafia. If we ML, assuming a Dragon Kill or NK, that brings it to 3-2.

Could there be a fifth scum?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:31:44 AM
My role failed last night. I leveled up to 5, received no mods.

@Maikuru: I was in mossywood. I tried to go to Volcanoes but I subbed my transfer too late.
0x5f3759df
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:35:41 AM
At 10/4/2014 9:50:29 AM, Maikuru wrote:
We should still obviously get everyone's results.

I used my role modifier (1x double doc) on maikuru and bossy.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:36:34 AM
At 10/4/2014 9:58:21 AM, Maikuru wrote:
So drafter wasn't the dragon. I'm thinking the dragon only activates upon a non-mafia death, as we already saw it activate on a tp and town deaths. That would help balance how scum-sided and kill-heavy this set-up is.

That is actually an interesting theory....
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:37:45 AM
At 10/4/2014 11:31:44 AM, Bullish wrote:

@Maikuru: I was in mossywood. I tried to go to Volcanoes but I subbed my transfer too late.

This is curious, considering drafter was a roleblocker and died.
- lamerde

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:38:27 AM
At 10/4/2014 10:08:39 AM, Maikuru wrote:

Not only could someone be lying about their role, someone definitely is. We have a confirmed roleblocker and bullish claims to have been roleblocked yesterday. That was the same day bossy says he was visited by a doc, so he wasn't roleblocked. That means drafter didn't use the global rb and specifically targeted bullish. There would be no need to rb the tracker unless something else was going on during the np. My guess is still a redirector on me.

I am confused about this. Of course someone could be lying about their role, if we are to assume there is more than one scum. Also unless bullish was roleblocked again tonight, drafter probably didn't use the universal roleblock.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:39:15 AM
At 10/4/2014 10:57:50 AM, Daltonian wrote:
4 scum (3 mafia, 1 TP) in a 15 player game doesn't seem unreasonable.

There are probably two mafia left. I've voiced concerns in the PM about the convenience of the following two claims:

- Budda
- Maikuru

And how they are mutually unconfirmable and subsistent (supportive theme/rolewise) of each other.

I'm also anxious for comment from Bossy/Bullish. If Bullish didn't visit Bossy tonight, then FOS him.

I also have a little bit of renewed suspicion about TUF, especially considering I was previously worried about Trekie/TUF in Holy Rivers PM and she just flipped mafia.

I am a little confused by this, considering I was one of the few who FOS'ed her early on.

I'm all over the place.
Assume 5 town, 2 mafia. If we ML, assuming a Dragon Kill or NK, that brings it to 3-2.

Could there be a fifth scum?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:40:25 AM
At 10/4/2014 11:37:45 AM, Maikuru wrote:

He probably used the universal roleblocker on bullish, like I said. Then again, it would also be a convenient disguise for him to use to pull a town read given drafters flip.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:44:51 AM
At 10/4/2014 11:40:25 AM, TUF wrote:

He probably used the universal roleblocker on bullish, like I said. Then again, it would also be a convenient disguise for him to use to pull a town read given drafters flip.

Drafter died during the DP. Bullish is saying his role failed during the NP.
- lamerde

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:56:58 AM
I am getting a bad gut feeling on maikuru, based on his tunneling of budda last night for what I feel are "sub-par" reasons compared to some of the analysis he was giving on drafter, and others. Also khaos's results are still tripping me up.

Maikuru: You saw the lynch lists. If I wanted to push a lynch on you, I wouldn"t need to make that big of a case.

Budda was on a lot of people's scum lists last DP, but let's face it, there wasn't a lot of solid reasons behind his placement there. The fact that this even was brought up seems unlike the rest of his more analytically inclined play this game.

And I keep re-reading the PM last night, and just can't get on board with his reasoning for coming back to budda. First it was because of him changing his reads, which is actually a town tell for me if you've played with scum budda. Second it was a "POE" issue, which is horrible analysis. With how much he was suspecting him last night, I was slightly surprise that he didn't mention trying to shoot him. Which at this point, I am not sure would be a bad idea. I am a little skeptical of my role being completely useless in the game. I don't see lucky as being that much of a bastard mod. Anyway, I have a sneaking suspicion that the mafia could have had a 1x vig if maikuru is scum, which would explain the lack of night kills.

Anyways this is a lack luster suspicion based on what my gut is feeling. There is still likely 2-3 scum left, and if so, it is very possible that a redirector is within them somewhere. So far, we haven't seen any evidence to suggest there is one other than maikuru's claim that he is town, and khaos's results were a fluke. But if mafia DID have a re-director, why use a permanent roleblock on Bullish, rather than just re-direct him and try to frame him for an easy lynch? Yes this relies on the assumption that bullish is town, which I am not assuming. drafter could have forfeited his role to make bullish appear town, though that seems redundant to me. Also that would have required some future sight knowledge of drafter's lynching, otherwise it was just a waste of a roleblock that could have been better used on bossy.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:58:56 AM

I am assuming he got his role modification before then. I got mine after DP2 I believe. That means if bullish is town, he was perma blocked the night he said he was roleblocked.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 12:36:02 PM
At 10/4/2014 11:58:56 AM, TUF wrote:

I am assuming he got his role modification before then. I got mine after DP2 I believe. That means if bullish is town, he was perma blocked the night he said he was roleblocked.

I am taking global roleblock to mean everyone is roleblocked that night, not that he is permanently roleblocked.
- lamerde

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 12:37:11 PM
At 10/4/2014 11:56:58 AM, TUF wrote:
I am getting a bad gut feeling on maikuru, based on his tunneling of budda last night for what I feel are "sub-par" reasons compared to some of the analysis he was giving on drafter, and others. Also khaos's results are still tripping me up.

Maikuru: You saw the lynch lists. If I wanted to push a lynch on you, I wouldn"t need to make that big of a case.

Budda was on a lot of people's scum lists last DP, but let's face it, there wasn't a lot of solid reasons behind his placement there. The fact that this even was brought up seems unlike the rest of his more analytically inclined play this game.

And I keep re-reading the PM last night, and just can't get on board with his reasoning for coming back to budda. First it was because of him changing his reads, which is actually a town tell for me if you've played with scum budda. Second it was a "POE" issue, which is horrible analysis. With how much he was suspecting him last night, I was slightly surprise that he didn't mention trying to shoot him. Which at this point, I am not sure would be a bad idea. I am a little skeptical of my role being completely useless in the game. I don't see lucky as being that much of a bastard mod. Anyway, I have a sneaking suspicion that the mafia could have had a 1x vig if maikuru is scum, which would explain the lack of night kills.

Anyways this is a lack luster suspicion based on what my gut is feeling. There is still likely 2-3 scum left, and if so, it is very possible that a redirector is within them somewhere. So far, we haven't seen any evidence to suggest there is one other than maikuru's claim that he is town, and khaos's results were a fluke. But if mafia DID have a re-director, why use a permanent roleblock on Bullish, rather than just re-direct him and try to frame him for an easy lynch? Yes this relies on the assumption that bullish is town, which I am not assuming. drafter could have forfeited his role to make bullish appear town, though that seems redundant to me. Also that would have required some future sight knowledge of drafter's lynching, otherwise it was just a waste of a roleblock that could have been better used on bossy.

Fun fact: I put in a tentative vig on budda at the beginning of the NP, which is why I insisted that he and I hash it out there rather than in the DP. I waived after he spelled out his read timeline and I said I was considering it.
- lamerde

Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 12:39:42 PM
Who did you track?

F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 12:40:01 PM

This doesn't change the fact that if I wanted to, I could have pushed his lynch with little suspicion. I brought up this fact because if I am scum and with drafter, I would have pursued this angle and mislynched to win the game. Instead, I made a parallel case against drafter and pointed out his role contradiction. I asked Budda to address this point because he called my case against him desperate, which clearly wasn't the case.
- lamerde

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 12:41:23 PM
TGAP's Connections, and dis-connects:

TGAP's posts indicating his top candidates (Yeah I know he was going for a NL):

Budda:
http://www.debate.org...

Maikuru:

Dalt contradicts the no-lynch idea: http://www.debate.org...

Bullish naming Drafters as a suspect:

Bossy suspecting drafter on the timing and use of his mod (He earlier also contradicted the no lynch):

Bullish on board with the no lynch now even though drafter changed from this to a budda lynch:

Maikuru places drafter over budda: http://www.debate.org...

Ford names maikuru and budda (coincidently drafters two initial FOS'es): http://www.debate.org...

And changes this instantly to bandwagon with Maikuru's case:

Drawing analysis from these potentially WIFOM manipulated connections, my reads from this at first glance would be

Budda: Town. Drafter pushed the hardest for his lynch, and from his perspective it might have been one of the easiest lynches, given that him and budda were on the top of everyone's lists. Maikuru's bringing up budda on people's scum lynch lists further intrigues me given this situation.

Maikuru: Null. Drafter kind of indicated that he was lying in one post, but never really seemed at a point where he was eager to lynch or suspect him much more than that. There was a lot of authentic looking conversation exchange between the two individuals, that make me skeptical of being on the same alignment. Maikuru seemed to overkill drafter on the analysis after both bossy and bullish had already mentioned enough incriminating evidence against drafter. Between that and Maikuru's further comments about how he had suspected drafter in the zone PM last night, it seemed like he may have been trying a little to hard to flaunt the read to appear town. It is interesting that when drafter was town he had a pretty good town read on maikuru, but that turned to skepticism when drafter was scum. Almost looks like they could have been setting up a disconnect.

Bullish: Town. Was on board with a drafter suspicion I think before most people were feeling confident about it. He stuck with the read pretty much the whole DP. He did get on the no lynch train, but only after drafter had un-boarded it to get on a budda lynch. Bullish was one of the first to press Drafter on the role being activated by day lynches as well behind maikuru.

Dalt: Null. Other than him being openly opposed to drafter's no lynching idea, pretty much all of his reads didn't draw a close connection to him being scum or town. He suspected both budda, drafter, maikuru, and obviously me.

Bossy: Town. Ultimately had no major connections to drafter, was opposed to his NL idea, and was the major benefactor to his lynch.

Ford: Scum. Reads were in line with drafters, and only seemed to be a major switch when it was revealed that drafter had been caught in a lie.

This analysis doesn't represent my actual reads, just some behavior I noticed from DP4.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 12:42:51 PM
At 10/4/2014 12:36:02 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:58:56 AM, TUF wrote:

I am taking global roleblock to mean everyone is roleblocked that night, not that he is permanently roleblocked.

That could be true, though if it is, bullish is scum unless there is somehow a third roleblocker....
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 12:43:31 PM
At 10/4/2014 12:37:11 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Fun fact: I put in a tentative vig on budda at the beginning of the NP, which is why I insisted that he and I hash it out there rather than in the DP. I waived after he spelled out his read timeline and I said I was considering it.

Interesting.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 12:44:48 PM
At 10/4/2014 11:38:27 AM, TUF wrote:

I am confused about this. Of course someone could be lying about their role, if we are to assume there is more than one scum. Also unless bullish was roleblocked again tonight, drafter probably didn't use the universal roleblock.
From his POV, there has to be someone lying about their role because for him to be town Khaos's cop report has to have been influenced by a redirector at some point.

I actually agree with your skepticism/worries about the 1x vig thing, (check last night's PM). Are you worried at all about how Budda's claim ties into this? Bulletproof is subsistent w/ a vig claim under the idea that both mafia and town could have it.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 12:45:12 PM
At 10/4/2014 12:40:01 PM, Maikuru wrote:

This doesn't change the fact that if I wanted to, I could have pushed his lynch with little suspicion. I brought up this fact because if I am scum and with drafter, I would have pursued this angle and mislynched to win the game. Instead, I made a parallel case against drafter and pointed out his role contradiction. I asked Budda to address this point because he called my case against him desperate, which clearly wasn't the case.

Your case did seem a little over-kill, considering bullish bossy had already pinned him with a bit, but I digress, I still admit it's not much.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 12:47:23 PM
At 10/4/2014 12:44:48 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:38:27 AM, TUF wrote:

From his POV, there has to be someone lying about their role because for him to be town Khaos's cop report has to have been influenced by a redirector at some point.

Right.

I actually agree with your skepticism/worries about the 1x vig thing, (check last night's PM). Are you worried at all about how Budda's claim ties into this? Bulletproof is subsistent w/ a vig claim under the idea that both mafia and town could have it.

Budda's role potentially explains a protection for dragon kills, as my role literally doesn't interact with day kills.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 12:47:43 PM
At 10/4/2014 12:41:23 PM, TUF wrote:
Dalt: Null. Other than him being openly opposed to drafter's no lynching idea, pretty much all of his reads didn't draw a close connection to him being scum or town. He suspected both budda, drafter, maikuru, and obviously me.
My scum read on you has cooled a little bit.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 12:51:16 PM
At 10/4/2014 12:47:43 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 10/4/2014 12:41:23 PM, TUF wrote:
My scum read on you has cooled a little bit.

Oh good, let's hold hands and frollick through a field of daises, now that we're best friends ;-)