Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2014 4:17:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Horus grows weary.

Died in the night
Lucky:
Priestess - at the end of every day, you pray to Horus for the strength to fight the impending forces of Anubis. You swear that if Horus grants you this strength, you will use it.

Lynched last DP:
No one:

Graveyard:
Dalton - Priestess - NP5
ford - Monk - NP5
TG&P - Oracle - NP4
Wylted - Monk - DP4
bsh1 - Oracle - NP3
9space - Priestess - DP3
Numberwang1 - Oracle - NP2
Yama - Monk - DP2

Living players:
1. Bullish
2. Dalton (replacing Budda (replacing Zaradi))
3. XLAV
4. Number (replacing MonetaryOffset)

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
DP ends at 1600 DDO Time 10/14/14

Mod note:
If you are going to VTNL today, please sumbit night actions at the same time for a quick turnaround.
My work here is, finally, done.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2014 5:19:12 PM
I was RB'd again.

I asked Khaos and scum roleblock does resolve before town roleblock if they target each other.

We're probably looking at a VTNL today, but everyone should state their lynch preferences today since one of us will probably die tonight.

I'll compile a post soon.
0x5f3759df
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2014 5:49:59 PM
I don't get what lucky posted yesterday. He said he would put his vote on Dalt, but then he voted for bullish. I really wish he had just put his vote on dalt. This is kind of ugly now.

I agree that we need to nl. Obviously there is only 1 maf left because the game is still going, so a nl is safe and its better to lynch out of 3 than it is to lynch out of 4.

I still think its in Dalt/bull, and I'd still prefer to lynch dalt. But at this point I'm way less sure. I was far more comfortable picking between the two of them when it was mislynch, and not mylo.

We should get some good information based on who dies, though.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2014 9:30:07 PM
I think it's between Number and XLAV, but knowing me it'll probably end up being Bullish.

If we NL, will scum even do anything? Why narrow down the pool of players when you could keep yourself at MYLO?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2014 9:32:53 PM
At 10/11/2014 5:19:12 PM, Bullish wrote:
I was RB'd again.
I don't understand the motivation in this s. Why would scum RB you and not the living town doc? Unless scum is the doc?

I asked Khaos and scum roleblock does resolve before town roleblock if they target each other.

We're probably looking at a VTNL today, but everyone should state their lynch preferences today since one of us will probably die tonight.

I'm not being very active in this game anymore cause Canadian Thanksgiving, but I'm not scum. I kinda wish I'd hammered myself last DP because I can sense a ML on me coming.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2014 9:42:37 PM
At 10/11/2014 9:32:53 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I was RB'd again.
I don't understand the motivation in this s. Why would scum RB you and not the living town doc? Unless scum is the doc?

My RB can block the kill and catch scum, while the doc can only block the kill.
0x5f3759df
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2014 9:44:05 PM
At 10/11/2014 9:42:37 PM, Bullish wrote:
I was RB'd again.

Your RB can block the kill?

How can it catch scum? They'd just claim they were vanilla priestess and get away scotch free.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2014 9:47:48 PM
I'm reading through the DP and 9space's vote is changing like wildfire and is totally inconsistent. I don't know if I can get a scum vibe from that, knowing him, though.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2014 9:49:59 PM
At 10/11/2014 9:47:48 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I'm reading through the DP and 9space's vote is changing like wildfire and is totally inconsistent. I don't know if I can get a scum vibe from that, knowing him, though.
Oh, woopsies.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2014 9:50:09 PM
At 10/11/2014 9:44:05 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 10/11/2014 9:42:37 PM, Bullish wrote:
I was RB'd again.

Your RB can block the kill?

Town RB's utility is in blocking the kill.

How can it catch scum? They'd just claim they were vanilla priestess and get away scotch free.

If I RB someone and there is no kill, then that guy is probs scum.
0x5f3759df
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:44:44 AM
I was RB'd again.

In any mafia game, one person carries out the night kill for maf. That kill can be stopped by roleblocking the mafia who carries out the night kill, because it counts as an action and roleblock cancels action. I don't understand why he wasn't roleblocked before and why no one else seemed to be. I guess Lucky was right about maf gaining new roles as the days go on, because it doesn't seem like they've gained kills and they clearly haven't gained numbers. But at the beginning of the game the only claimed roleblocks were outted by town blockers.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 7:39:29 AM
I was RB'd again.

Who did you target?
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 7:48:22 AM
At 10/11/2014 9:30:07 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I think it's between Number and XLAV, but knowing me it'll probably end up being Bullish.

If we NL, will scum even do anything? Why narrow down the pool of players when you could keep yourself at MYLO?

Why me and why Number? Why not Bullish?
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 8:35:30 AM
At 10/12/2014 7:39:29 AM, XLAV wrote:
I was RB'd again.

Who did you target?
What will this do other than clarify for scum whether or not they need to prioritize roleblocking him?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 8:48:27 AM
Between XLAV and Number, one is inching closer to pushing for a lynch and another is being half-active. I don't think Number would want to instigate a conflict between me and himself over favouring a ML if no one else was really pressuring anyone at all anyway.

I've been worried about you long since Wylted died, and I am going with my gut instinct. The only thing that worries me is how scum read MO was DP1, but it was also a very widespread scum read and having played with Joey in live mafia before, I think (especially judging the posts and events that occurred from him shortly after he left the game) he may have become easily frustrated as so.

XLAV's meta is odd and both him and Wylted struck me as having much more conservative play than usual.

I see no point in a NL. Scum has no logical reason to narrow down the pool of people for us to lynch between, and there are no investigative roles left. All that would accomplish for them (assuming town doc) is possibly risk a NK on someone with protection.. though that may not be the case, assuming the doc has failed to doc the obvious NK on at least two occasions where the scum roleblock was accounted for.

VTL XLAV for death.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:06:07 PM
At 10/12/2014 8:48:27 AM, Daltonian wrote:
Between XLAV and Number, one is inching closer to pushing for a lynch and another is being half-active. I don't think Number would want to instigate a conflict between me and himself over favouring a ML if no one else was really pressuring anyone at all anyway.

I've been worried about you long since Wylted died, and I am going with my gut instinct. The only thing that worries me is how scum read MO was DP1, but it was also a very widespread scum read and having played with Joey in live mafia before, I think (especially judging the posts and events that occurred from him shortly after he left the game) he may have become easily frustrated as so.

XLAV's meta is odd and both him and Wylted struck me as having much more conservative play than usual.

I see no point in a NL. Scum has no logical reason to narrow down the pool of people for us to lynch between, and there are no investigative roles left. All that would accomplish for them (assuming town doc) is possibly risk a NK on someone with protection.. though that may not be the case, assuming the doc has failed to doc the obvious NK on at least two occasions where the scum roleblock was accounted for.

VTL XLAV for death.

I think NL'ing is the best thing to do here. If bullish can roleblock the maf, then we will have confirmed maf. Either that, or the maf will kill bullish to prevent from being roleblocked and then we get a 3 way situation with an obvious conclusion. Yes, maf could just not kill and leave us in a 4 way. But since it makes literally no difference to town either way, we might as well nl and see if anything happens. The benefit of being able to have a 33% chance of lynching maf vs a 25% chance of maf is worth the cost of nl'ing and wasting a little bit of time. I'd far prefer to nl just on the off chance that we get it narrowed down further.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 5:21:39 PM
At 10/12/2014 4:06:07 PM, numberwang wrote:

VTL XLAV for death.

I think NL'ing is the best thing to do here. If bullish can roleblock the maf, then we will have confirmed maf. Either that, or the maf will kill bullish to prevent from being roleblocked and then we get a 3 way situation with an obvious conclusion. Yes, maf could just not kill and leave us in a 4 way. But since it makes literally no difference to town either way, we might as well nl and see if anything happens. The benefit of being able to have a 33% chance of lynching maf vs a 25% chance of maf is worth the cost of nl'ing and wasting a little bit of time. I'd far prefer to nl just on the off chance that we get it narrowed down further.
Khaos clarified that there are no TP in this game in the beginning, right?

If yes, I suppose I suppose I'd be down to NL..

.. but there is literally no logical reason for scum to do anything, for the exact indicative reasons you listed. IMO, all it would due is unnecessarily prolong the game.

- Why would scum bring it to a 33% chance instead of a 25%?
- Why would scum risk being roleblocked by Bullish or protected by a doc (assuming there is one).. actually, it wouldn't be too relevant anyway judging they could just claim scum chose to forfeit the NK (or, even worse, not roleblock Bullish, forfeit the NK, and then effectively frame a townie who was roleblocked)

I see little pro-town use in NL. Sure, there's an off chance scum will be totally stupid, but it's not worth risking anti-town scenarios playing out..
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 6:03:14 PM

VTL XLAV for death.
Lol.
Unvote you fool.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 6:04:18 PM
At 10/12/2014 8:35:30 AM, Daltonian wrote:
I was RB'd again.

Who did you target?
What will this do other than clarify for scum whether or not they need to prioritize roleblocking him?

They are already prioritizing him.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 8:44:10 AM
At 10/12/2014 6:04:18 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 10/12/2014 8:35:30 AM, Daltonian wrote:
I was RB'd again.

Who did you target?

They are already prioritizing him.
Letting scum know whether the roleblocker is onto them or not won't help unless it's clearly made through a vote.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 1:21:28 PM
I was RB'd again.

I misread this post when I read it, I thought he said he asked Khaos IF scum roleblock resolves first, not that he asked and Khaos told him that scum roleblock resolves first.

So my reason for nl'ing based on possibly getting results if their blocks cancel is moot. Whoops.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 6:54:26 PM
At 10/13/2014 6:30:42 PM, Yraelz wrote:
Mhmmm... I've solved this one.

VTL Khaos

Town wins!!!!
My work here is, finally, done.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 7:45:44 PM
At 10/11/2014 4:17:39 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Lynched last DP:
No one:

If No one has no role, then doesn't that mean that No one is vanilla? If No one is vanilla, then all vanilla claims are mafia and TP! :D YAY!

GG.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 11:19:12 PM
At 10/13/2014 6:30:42 PM, Yraelz wrote:
Mhmmm... I've solved this one.

VTL Khaos

Yraelz lives? Sup man?
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014