Jump to topic:

Hitchhiker's Mafia DP3

ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 8:15:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"Colin," he said, turning to the little, hovering ball. "I am going to abandon you to your fate."
"I'm so happy," said Colin.
"Make the most of it," said Ford. "Because what I want you to do is to nursemaid that package out of the building. They'll probably incinerate you when they find you, and I won't be here to help. It will be very, very nasty for you, and that's just too bad. Got it?"
"I gurgle with pleasure," said Colin.

Lynched DP2: Nobody

Died in the night: Wylted
Character: Colin
Role: You are the security robot Colin. As a consequence of your reprogramming, you follow Ford Prefect around and carry out his orders, no matter the cost to yourself. You are the Elite Bodyguard. Each night you may target a player. Any lethal actions targeted at that player will be redirected to you. There is a chance that these actions will not kill you. You win with the town.

Hidden Mod note: If you target Ford Prefect, the redirected lethal actions will not kill you. If you target anyone else, the redirected lethal actions will kill you.

Living Players:

Adam_Godzilla
Bullish
Daltonian
Danielle
TheBookRevOlution (Esocial & RevL8ion hydra)
SchrodingersLynch (Budda & Khaos hydra)
TN05
Endark2 (replacing TUF)
XLAV
9spaceking

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

DP3 ends at the latest on Monday, October 20 at 8 PM, US Central time.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 8:31:28 PM
Wylted? Why kill him? I see. So mafia can remove any protective roles.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 8:38:29 PM
At 10/17/2014 8:31:28 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Ever consider the possibility that Wylted protected the right person?

I think we should finish claiming characters and lynch Adam again.
Then, we'll lynch 9space.

By the way, why didn't Danielle try to confirm 9space's commuter claim last DP?
VTL Adam
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 8:44:09 PM
At 10/17/2014 8:37:26 PM, Bullish wrote:
Always protect no matter what the wifom says.

What does this mean?
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 9:09:58 PM
At 10/17/2014 8:38:29 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

VTL Adam

Ok I went along the flow and agreed to me being lynched for the sake of confirmation. But this is just stupid Khaos. I don't take you for someone stupid. You're wasting a DP and harming town. My FOS on you faded away but now I'm seriously considering you as Mafia for wasting town's time and diverting them from lynching anybody who is actually sum.

First, you wanted to claim last. Then you gave the most illogical justification for why you deserve to be trusted. A logic anyone can use. Danielle and Dalt have been more contributive than you have so stop pretending to be boss.

And now you want to lynch me a second time to waste another DP. When we could have used the last DP to lynch someone like 9space. Which btw, we haven't confirmed his role, Yet I already have. But I went along with it because I mistakenly thought plurality lynching was in effect.

You are harming town by trying to lynch a confirmed. You are arrogant thinking you don't need to justify your actions. The only reason you're alive and not lynched by everyone is cause you're one of the few actives here. But I'll take my chances.

VTL KHAOS
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 9:14:05 PM
VTL Adam
What?
Why didn't Danielle try to confirm 9space's commuter claim? .. maybe because it's a claim effective only during the night?

A) explain how she was supposed to confirm said claim during a DP
b) explain why you are voting for Adam when he was essentially confirmed last DP

Wylted is dead and Adam is confirmed. That leaves 9space as the last player in the previously established pool.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 9:15:27 PM
At 10/17/2014 9:09:58 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
Consider WIFOM, Adam. Khaos is not an illogical player.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 9:18:46 PM
At 10/17/2014 9:09:58 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

VTL Adam

Ok I went along the flow and agreed to me being lynched for the sake of confirmation. But this is just stupid Khaos. I don't take you for someone stupid. You're wasting a DP and harming town. My FOS on you faded away but now I'm seriously considering you as Mafia for wasting town's time and diverting them from lynching anybody who is actually sum.
We are at an even number, so a no lynch is not a big deal.
What is wrong with lynching you again? You won't die, and it proves you weren't a 1x gov or other role.

First, you wanted to claim last. Then you gave the most illogical justification for why you deserve to be trusted. A logic anyone can use. Danielle and Dalt have been more contributive than you have so stop pretending to be boss.
How is that?
Explain this in detail, please.

And now you want to lynch me a second time to waste another DP. When we could have used the last DP to lynch someone like 9space. Which btw, we haven't confirmed his role, Yet I already have. But I went along with it because I mistakenly thought plurality lynching was in effect.
And, how are we to confirm 9spaces role by lynching him today or yesterday?
In fact, by letting him live today, it offered the chance to confirm him.

You are harming town by trying to lynch a confirmed.
You are not confirmed. You will be by lynching you today.

You are arrogant thinking you don't need to justify your actions.
I have justified them, you are just to inattentive to see them, just like you didn't realize plurality lynching is not in effect, a fact that has been explained at least three times.

The only reason you're alive and not lynched by everyone is cause you're one of the few actives here. But I'll take my chances.
You mean.....I'm trying?

VTL KHAOS
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 9:20:07 PM
I think Khaos may have accidentally placed Adam's name in his vote rather than 9space's. Idk.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 9:20:58 PM
At 10/17/2014 9:19:38 PM, XLAV wrote:
So who visited Esocial?
Esocial should out this. Indicating who visited her might help her guess and correlate person to role.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 9:22:05 PM
At 10/17/2014 9:14:05 PM, Daltonian wrote:
VTL Adam
What?
Why didn't Danielle try to confirm 9space's commuter claim? .. maybe because it's a claim effective only during the night?

She wanted people to visit the priest to confirm them, but not 9space. We could have had many confirmed players through other people's claims, but it's odd she didn't consider this.
b) explain why you are voting for Adam when he was essentially confirmed last DP
Because mafia could never have a 1x governor, right?
He claimed 3x, there is no reason not to lynch him again to prove it. He'll still be 1x deathproof, so he won't be killed easily.

Wylted is dead and Adam is confirmed. That leaves 9space as the last player in the previously established pool.
Not to me, it doesn't, and again, he could have been confirmed by others visiting him tonight (assuming he commuted last night)
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 9:29:28 PM
At 10/17/2014 9:22:05 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
VTL Adam
What?

She wanted people to visit the priest to confirm them, but not 9space. We could have had many confirmed players through other people's claims, but it's odd she didn't consider this.
Role confirmation isn't affiliation confirmation. 9space has a role widely given to both mafia and town. Priest is a rare scum role and is bastard. Whilst it would have been nice for one person to visit 9space (I too didn't consider this), I frankly don't think it would have mattered all that much.
He claimed 3x, there is no reason not to lynch him again to prove it. He'll still be 1x deathproof, so he won't be killed easily.
I'm unclear on how this functions, so I've asked the mod. I've only been in one game where they've had a governor and that was a series where the governor's lynch was listed as "being called off" and I don't think he could use it after he was hammered.
Not to me, it doesn't, and again, he could have been confirmed by others visiting him tonight (assuming he commuted last night)
Three townie roles resistant to nightkills is very odd, which is why I'm now doubting my instinct that Adam was confirmed..
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 9:36:17 PM
At 10/17/2014 9:29:28 PM, Daltonian wrote:
VTL Adam
What?

Role confirmation isn't affiliation confirmation. 9space has a role widely given to both mafia and town. Priest is a rare scum role and is bastard. Whilst it would have been nice for one person to visit 9space (I too didn't consider this), I frankly don't think it would have mattered all that much.

You are assuming priest is her actual role if scum.
For all you know, there could be a watcher for mafia, and a role cop. (note how most town roles are passive)
I'm unclear on how this functions, so I've asked the mod. I've only been in one game where they've had a governor and that was a series where the governor's lynch was listed as "being called off" and I don't think he could use it after he was hammered.
It could be a host of anything.
Usually a governor calls off the lynch, which he would have done before hammering himself, obviously. In fact, if mafia are robots, and 9space is town commuter, than it would actually make sense for mafia to have a way to stay a lynch.

Three townie roles resistant to nightkills is very odd, which is why I'm now doubting my instinct that Adam was confirmed..
Technically, Wylted wasn't. He automatically died if he targeted anyone other than ER, which, ER should have killed him, so.....that's kinda bastard.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 9:43:04 PM
At 10/17/2014 9:36:17 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/17/2014 9:29:28 PM, Daltonian wrote:
VTL Adam
What?

You are assuming priest is her actual role if scum.
For all you know, there could be a watcher for mafia, and a role cop. (note how most town roles are passive)
Even still, a priest is a very difficult claim to uphold as a fake one. Even with a watcher/role cop combo, if any player visits that hasn't outed and isn't simultaneously being role copped esocial is dead.
It could be a host of anything.
Usually a governor calls off the lynch, which he would have done before hammering himself, obviously. In fact, if mafia are robots, and 9space is town commuter, than it would actually make sense for mafia to have a way to stay a lynch.
Wasn't Wylted a robot? Sorry, I have no knowledge of theme. I'll await the mod's response.

Technically, Wylted wasn't. He automatically died if he targeted anyone other than ER, which, ER should have killed him, so.....that's kinda bastard.
ER? Do you mean Lannan (Ford?)
I didn't properly read his flip. I see this now. Deathproof and commuter could help balance out an OP mafia.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 9:49:11 PM
At 10/17/2014 9:46:14 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/17/2014 9:40:09 PM, XLAV wrote:
Endark2, whats the quote of the day?

Interesting.....

Whats so interesting?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 9:49:53 PM
At 10/17/2014 9:43:04 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 10/17/2014 9:36:17 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Even still, a priest is a very difficult claim to uphold as a fake one. Even with a watcher/role cop combo, if any player visits that hasn't outed and isn't simultaneously being role copped esocial is dead.
There are a plethora of combinations and possibilities. We don't have any idea.
A role cop and universal watcher would do the trick, enough. Hell, even a universal mafia watcher could reasonably take the chance.
Wasn't Wylted a robot? Sorry, I have no knowledge of theme. I'll await the mod's response.
Yes. I believe he was.

ER? Do you mean Lannan (Ford?)
Yes, I meant Lannan, and Lannan was not PGO. Nevermind.
I didn't properly read his flip. I see this now. Deathproof and commuter could help balance out an OP mafia.
Could be, but maybe not.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 9:50:48 PM
At 10/17/2014 9:49:11 PM, XLAV wrote:

Interesting.....

Whats so interesting?

What makes you think he gets quotes?
BTW, care to offer any insight in reads?
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 9:54:02 PM
At 10/17/2014 9:50:48 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/17/2014 9:49:11 PM, XLAV wrote:

Interesting.....

Whats so interesting?

What makes you think he gets quotes?
BTW, care to offer any insight in reads?

Because TUF said he gets a quote every night.
0x5f3759df
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 9:56:42 PM
At 10/17/2014 9:54:02 PM, Bullish wrote:

I don't recall him saying that.
I remember him giving a quote, and saying he had no idea what it was from or what it meant.
Further, no one claimed it as their own quote, so it's purpose is still unknown.

Why are you answering for him, anyway?
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 10:00:21 PM
Reads

Adam - leaning scum
Bullish - leaning scum
Dalt - leaning town
Danielle - leaning scum
Esocial - town
Khaos - null
Tn - null
Endark2 - leaning town
xlav - town
Space - leaning town
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 10:01:30 PM
At 10/17/2014 9:56:42 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I remember him giving a quote, and saying he had no idea what it was from or what it meant.
Further, no one claimed it as their own quote, so it's purpose is still unknown.

Because hes my buddy, thats why.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 10:04:48 PM

He claimed medium last DP.

Because I feel like I should take up at least part of the burden of responding to the dumb stuff you've laid out during these 3 DPs.
0x5f3759df
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 10:08:41 PM
At 10/17/2014 10:04:48 PM, Bullish wrote:

He claimed medium last DP.
That doesn't address what I asked.

Because I feel like I should take up at least part of the burden of responding to the dumb stuff you've laid out during these 3 DPs.

Well, lay it on, big man. Tell me the stupid stuff.
Also, you were the mod for that spy game where I was double agent, right? That was your game.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 10:08:47 PM

Are you kidding me? He get quotes about players every night. His quote about thrashbarg had to do with Esocial's role. This is why Esocial and TUF now lean town. They confirm each other.