Total Posts:141|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 31.2: DP1 (2.0)

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 2:28:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
INTRODUCTION - Third Parties and Misinformation

So far you've only been playing with two parties: The Town and Mafia. This game we will introduce Third Parties. These parties are in it for themselves. They are anti-town AND anti-mafia. Depending on the game and the mod, third parties win by themselves, when certain conditions are met, or can win with either the Town or the Mafia.

This game also introduces the concept of flavors. Flavors are the adjectives of Mafia, altering how roles work. Here are some common flavors:

Even/Odd - Roles with these modifiers can only work on Even or Odd-numbered Night Phases
X-Shot - Roles with these modifiers can only be used X number of times.

(these flavors are usually made known to the player.)

Paranoid - For Cops and other investigative roles, they receive all Guilty-type results. For Doctors, they role-block their target.
Naive - For Cops and other investigative roles, they receive all innocent-type results. For Doctors and other non-investigative roles, they do nothing.
Insane - For Cops, they receive results opposite of the truth

(these flavors may be concealed from the player by the mod(s).)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 2:29:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
SET-UP

The roles found in this game are from the following list and only from the following list:

TOWN

Cop - Investigates Players' alignments
Dreamer - Learns players' alignments passively
Priest - Learns roles of players that visit him
Role Cop - Learns players' roles
Tracker - Learns who players visit
Watcher - Learns who visits a player
Oracle - Reveals a player's role upon death
Coroner - Can learn the affiliation and role of a dead player.
Bodyguard - Redirects lethal actions to self
Bulletproof - Immune to night kills
Doctor - Prevents the deaths of players
Virgin - If lynched, prevents all deaths the following Night Phase
Ascetic - Cannot be targeted by non-lethal actions.
Commuter - Cannot be targeted at night.
Sidekick - Redirects non-lethal actions from another player to himself.
Bomb - If killed at night, kills his killer
Hunter - If lynched, may kill another player
Paranoid Gun Owner - Kills anyone that visits him at night
Super Saint - If lynched, kills whoever placed the last vote
Vigilante - May kill another player at night
Universal Backup - Assumes the role of the first Town player to die
Mimic - May copy another player's role
Roleblocker - May prevent another player from using their role
Innocent Child - Mod confirmed as a Townie during a certain Day Phase
Vanilla - Has no role
Jack of All Trades (JOAT) - has 1x: Cop, Doctor, Vigilante
Pacifist - may not place votes on people at L-1

MAFIA

Role Cop - Learns players' roles
Suicide Bomber - May kill another player during the day, dying in the process
Mimic - May copy another player's role
Scout - Learns who players visit
Lookout - Learns who visits a player
Role Stealer- Can permanently steal and use another player's role.
Ascetic - Same as Town.
Bus Driver - Switches the actions performed on two players.
Jack of All Trades (JOAT) - has 1x: Role Cop, Role Block, Frame
Commuter - Same as Town.
Framer - Can make another player investigate as non-Town to sane (non-flavored) investigative roles.
Rolestopper - Can make another player immune to non-lethal actions.
Godfather - Investigates as Town to sane (non-flavored) investigative roles.
Janitor - Can choose to hide the role and affiliation of a killed
player.
Lawyer - Can make another player investigate as Town to sane (non-flavored) investigative roles.
Ninja - Does not appear on tracker/watcher reports.
Redirector - Can change another player's intended target.
Roleblocker - Prevents the use of another player's role.

THIRD-PARTY

Serial Killer - Each night may kill another player. Wins when all other players are dead (joint win not possible).
Survivor - Wins by surviving until another faction achieves its win condition (a joint win may be possible).
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 2:30:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
LIVING PLAYERS

JBB
Cora
Lannan
Rev
Debate
Linkish
CDB
Yama
Budda
Endark
Vel

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 2:00pm, DDO time, 10/22/14.


Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 2:57:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
VOTE COUNT

CDB (1/6) - Debate
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:30:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/20/2014 3:29:44 PM, RevNge wrote:
If anyone wants me to soft claim, I will. But I'm warning you, it's going to sound scummy.

I'm guessing Miller?
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:31:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/20/2014 3:30:35 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 10/20/2014 3:29:44 PM, RevNge wrote:
If anyone wants me to soft claim, I will. But I'm warning you, it's going to sound scummy.

I'm guessing Miller?

Nah, bruh. Unlike Miller, this can be confirmed, although it requires a Vig.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:32:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/20/2014 2:47:29 PM, debatability wrote:
we could start of by pressuring a noobie
vtl cdb for claim

Fair enough.

VTL CDB
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:34:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/20/2014 3:32:46 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Well, we all know what Rev is.

Let's not do what we did last time and have everyone claim. Thanks.

Should I make it more obvious and sing a song from Pitch Perfect? ;D

But seriously, Vig on me tonight.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:34:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/20/2014 3:32:46 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Well, we all know what Rev is.

Let's not do what we did last time and have everyone claim. Thanks.

Oi, mate. Why don't you want people to claim? And last game worked out pretty well, although we were lucky.

Unvote VTL Endark
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:35:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/20/2014 3:34:41 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 10/20/2014 3:32:46 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Well, we all know what Rev is.

Let's not do what we did last time and have everyone claim. Thanks.

Oi, mate. Why don't you want people to claim? And last game worked out pretty well, although we were lucky.

Why was I towny for last game for telling people to stop claiming but not this game for trying to cut that off before it happens again?

Unvote VTL Endark
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:35:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
also, if anyone has a SOP claim, they should claim now

miller is usually considered a SOP claim... im not sure about PGO, but it sometimes is
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:37:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/20/2014 3:35:27 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 10/20/2014 3:34:41 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 10/20/2014 3:32:46 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Well, we all know what Rev is.

Let's not do what we did last time and have everyone claim. Thanks.

Oi, mate. Why don't you want people to claim? And last game worked out pretty well, although we were lucky.

Why was I towny for last game for telling people to stop claiming but not this game for trying to cut that off before it happens again?

Well, last time everyone was just claiming randomly, AND they were unable to be 100% confirmed without the aid of Role Cop, such as JBB with Watcher. Right now we're pressuring to claim, and it's more of a logical step. I'm not going for a mass claim, of course, but we need some progress here. Claiming randomly and pressuring for claims are two entirely different things.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:38:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/20/2014 3:37:24 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 10/20/2014 3:35:27 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 10/20/2014 3:34:41 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 10/20/2014 3:32:46 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Well, we all know what Rev is.

Let's not do what we did last time and have everyone claim. Thanks.

Oi, mate. Why don't you want people to claim? And last game worked out pretty well, although we were lucky.

Why was I towny for last game for telling people to stop claiming but not this game for trying to cut that off before it happens again?

Well, last time everyone was just claiming randomly, AND they were unable to be 100% confirmed without the aid of Role Cop, such as JBB with Watcher. Right now we're pressuring to claim, and it's more of a logical step. I'm not going for a mass claim, of course, but we need some progress here. Claiming randomly and pressuring for claims are two entirely different things.

And I didn't say, don't pressure anyone. I said, let's not have everyone claim.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:38:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/20/2014 3:35:44 PM, debatability wrote:
also, if anyone has a SOP claim, they should claim now

miller is usually considered a SOP claim... im not sure about PGO, but it sometimes is

Oi. What do you think of Endark so far?
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:39:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/20/2014 3:38:27 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 10/20/2014 3:37:24 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 10/20/2014 3:35:27 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 10/20/2014 3:34:41 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 10/20/2014 3:32:46 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Well, we all know what Rev is.

Let's not do what we did last time and have everyone claim. Thanks.

Oi, mate. Why don't you want people to claim? And last game worked out pretty well, although we were lucky.

Why was I towny for last game for telling people to stop claiming but not this game for trying to cut that off before it happens again?

Well, last time everyone was just claiming randomly, AND they were unable to be 100% confirmed without the aid of Role Cop, such as JBB with Watcher. Right now we're pressuring to claim, and it's more of a logical step. I'm not going for a mass claim, of course, but we need some progress here. Claiming randomly and pressuring for claims are two entirely different things.

And I didn't say, don't pressure anyone. I said, let's not have everyone claim.

;( Fair enough.

Unvote VTL Debate

Next! :D
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:44:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/20/2014 3:39:21 PM, RevNge wrote:

;( Fair enough.

Unvote VTL Debate

Next! :D

my logic in wanting cdb to claim was that he is obviously the most likely to scum slip. it's good to have a couple people claim at the beginning, as it gives you a feel for the setup (and noobies are more apt to scum slip)

why would you vtl me for pressuring a noob to claim after you totally bandwagoned me?
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:45:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/20/2014 3:38:32 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 10/20/2014 3:35:44 PM, debatability wrote:
also, if anyone has a SOP claim, they should claim now

miller is usually considered a SOP claim... im not sure about PGO, but it sometimes is

Oi. What do you think of Endark so far?

not sure yet, but we should watch him closely
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:45:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/20/2014 3:44:01 PM, debatability wrote:
At 10/20/2014 3:39:21 PM, RevNge wrote:

;( Fair enough.

Unvote VTL Debate

Next! :D

my logic in wanting cdb to claim was that he is obviously the most likely to scum slip. it's good to have a couple people claim at the beginning, as it gives you a feel for the setup (and noobies are more apt to scum slip)

why would you vtl me for pressuring a noob to claim after you totally bandwagoned me?

Cause I felt like it. o3o

XD But seriously, I'm just VTLing everyone right now because I'm interested in their reasons. DP1 is slow in starting off anyway, so might as well make the most of it.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:45:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
VOTE COUNT

CDB (1/6) - Debate
Debate (1/6) - Rev
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:45:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/20/2014 3:45:24 PM, debatability wrote:
At 10/20/2014 3:38:32 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 10/20/2014 3:35:44 PM, debatability wrote:
also, if anyone has a SOP claim, they should claim now

miller is usually considered a SOP claim... im not sure about PGO, but it sometimes is

Oi. What do you think of Endark so far?

not sure yet, but we should watch everyone closely

Fix'd
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:47:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/20/2014 3:46:30 PM, RevNge wrote:
Oh, and--

Unvote VTL CDB

Speak, my friend, speak! :D

See kids? This is what we all indecisiveness. This is what we call contradiction.
This is what we call scummy.

VTL Rev
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:48:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/20/2014 3:46:30 PM, RevNge wrote:
Oh, and--

Unvote VTL CDB

Speak, my friend, speak! :D

even if he doesn't claim, i would like to see his reaction so i'm on board with putting a btl on him