bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 2:41:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Mafia wins!!

1st Place: MAFIA

Cora - You are the BUS DRIVER. Each night you may select a player (player A) and a second player (player B). Player A's action will be redirected to Player B, and Player B's action will be redirected to Player A.

Endark - You are the GODFATHER. You appear innocent to COPS. You have the final say on the NK target for the mafia as well.

2nd Place: TOWN

Wylted (Krieg/CDB) - You are the PRIEST. You will learn the roles (but not the names) of those players who visit you during the night. You win with the town.

Vel - You are the even-night ROLE COP. Each night you may select a player; you will learn their role but not their affiliation. You win with the town.

Budda - You are the 2-shot TRACKER. Each night you may select a player; you will learn who that player visited. You win with the town.

Yama - You are the COP. Each night you may select another player. You will learn if they win with the mafia (guilty) or if they win with some other faction (innocent). You win with the town.

Debate - You are the 1-shot ROLEBLOCKER. You may select a player at night, and prevent them from using their role. You win with the town.

JBB - You are the MIMIC. Once per game you may select another player and permanently acquire their role. You win with the town.

Linkish - You are the DREAMER. Each night in which there are 4 players besides you still alive, you will receive three names. At least one of those names will be scum. You win with the town.

Rev - You are BULLETPROOF. You cannot be NK'd. You win with the town.

3rd Place: TP

Lannan - You are the SERIAL KILLER. Each night you must select another player for death--if you fail to choose on time, a target will be randomly selected for you. You win when all other players have died or when it is mathematically impossible for you to lose.

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

Budda - Trk. Lannan
Yama - Cop Budda
Lannan - NK Debate
Cora - Bsdr. Lannan and Linkish
Cora - NK JBB

NP2

Budda - Trk. Debate
Yama - Cop Debate
Lannan - NK Yama
Vel - Rlcp. Endark
Cora - Bsdr. Lannan and Vel
Cora - NK Budda

MOD COMMENTS

Town was far too willing to be led by Endark. Really, the first substantive conversation I saw in the DP was when Wylted replaced in, and he nearly turned it around for town. Debate should have used her roleblocking ability sooner, because the likelihood of a NP3 happening was very, very low, so she never got the chance to use it. Town had a ton of investigative roles plus a bulletproof (which could have been mimicked, which really would've hurt mafia) so I thought going in that this would be a sure win for town. Mafia played shrewdly and proved me wrong.

Mafia wins because it is mathematically impossible for town to win. Roleblocking only stops NKs when those NKs are part of the role (e.g. Vigilantes and Serial Killers), but it does not stop mafia NKs. So, with only 3 townies left by the end of DP1, mafia would invariable NK one of them, and seal up the win.

Town should have done the math DP3 and realized that they only had one option if they wanted to win the game: lynch mafia. If they failed to do that, they would lose--and they failed, and lost.

Good game. Please be more active in then next game. I'll send out role PMs now...I was supposed to do something, but that got cancelled, and I have nothing better to do with my free time, obviously, lol...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 2:48:21 PM
At 10/26/2014 2:47:40 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Lesson learned: Don't trust Endark... ever.

That's...really not the lesson to take away from this.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 3:00:31 PM
At 10/26/2014 2:46:17 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
People need to be aggressive to win, town. The only problem is when that aggressor is mafia. :-)

Meaniepie
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 3:04:32 PM
People need to be aggressive to win, town. The only problem is when that aggressor is mafia. :-)

Good job.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 3:06:14 PM
At 10/26/2014 3:04:32 PM, Wylted wrote:

Good job.

Thank you. :-)
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 3:06:56 PM
Crap, I was right. We shouldn't have lynched lannan. I should've went over the math again. I knew it was 6 players left, but kept thinking it was 7