Jump to topic:

Hitchhiker's Mafia DP 7

ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:08:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"You know what you've done?" he gurgled painfully; "you've gone and killed me again. I mean, what do you want from me, blood?"

Lynched DP 6: Adam
Character: You are Agrajag. You are living proof that reincarnation is real. Therefore, you are 1x Deathproof. The first time a lynch or a night action would kill you, you survive.

Died in the night: ESocial/Rev
Character: You are Old Thrashbarg, the Lamuellan elder. You are the self-appointed planetary authority on Almighty Bob and his ineffable doings. Therefore, you are the Priest. Each night, the roles of players who visit you will be revealed to you. You win with the town.
Hidden Mod-note: You are naive. No matter who visits you, you never receive any results.

Living Players:

Daltonian
Danielle
Endark2

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch. DP ends at the latest on Wednesday at 10 PM
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:14:24 PM
*chews popcorn*
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 1:34:53 PM
Vote to lynch Endark.

Adam knew he was getting lynched - he even voted for himself - and said that he was scum with Endark. Obviously he knew that nobody would believe him since his affiliation would be revealed scum upon his lynching. This was clearly the mafia's last resort to get me lynched today. They're relying on Dalt assuming Adam is lying scum just like Esocial did. Obvious reverse psychology is obvious.

Last minute analysis for my own personal credit: In analyzing Endark's claim and behavior, I think he is telling the truth about his role - just not his affiliation. It makes sense for the mafia to have a role that reveals information about which characters are in the game. Obviously Endark is lying about Trillian not being in the game, but his other clues help the mafia discern what's going on.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Daltonian is Bulletproof or maybe even the Survivor. I have a hard time believing he's just Vanilla knowing that he is the main character and giving out sammiches, but I didn't say anything so as to not alert the mafia to target him :) It worked.

Daltonian - Vote Endark. I'll answer any questions that you have (after work - I'll be back later) but the guilty party should be pretty clear. Nobody visited you last night btw.
President of DDO
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 6:49:12 PM
At 10/27/2014 1:34:53 PM, Danielle wrote:
Vote to lynch Endark.

Adam knew he was getting lynched - he even voted for himself - and said that he was scum with Endark. Obviously he knew that nobody would believe him since his affiliation would be revealed scum upon his lynching. This was clearly the mafia's last resort to get me lynched today. They're relying on Dalt assuming Adam is lying scum just like Esocial did. Obvious reverse psychology is obvious.
Best not to toil with WIFOM, Danielle. He could have equally told the truth to make people suspect it wasn't Endark.

Last minute analysis for my own personal credit: In analyzing Endark's claim and behavior, I think he is telling the truth about his role - just not his affiliation. It makes sense for the mafia to have a role that reveals information about which characters are in the game. Obviously Endark is lying about Trillian not being in the game, but his other clues help the mafia discern what's going on.
I will admit that you claimed your character was associated/enabled by mine DP2, and Arthur and Trillian are pretty closely related. I still struggle to see exactly how a) Trillian is a watcher and b) Arthur has anything to do with making her a watcher. Why?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Daltonian is Bulletproof or maybe even the Survivor. I have a hard time believing he's just Vanilla knowing that he is the main character and giving out sammiches, but I didn't say anything so as to not alert the mafia to target him :) It worked.
I'm not a survivor or I'd have hammered one of you by now; not BP either, lol. I have thought since I received my role that it might have had some deeper significance, though - perhaps people without sandwiches would have received something after I died. Or maybe it's just a role designed to clear me as a townie. Who knows.

Daltonian - Vote Endark. I'll answer any questions that you have (after work - I'll be back later) but the guilty party should be pretty clear. Nobody visited you last night btw.
If we're dealing in the realms of WIFOM, esocial made it clear last DP with her actual vote on you yourself that she was more inclined to vote Danielle and I made it clear I was more inclined to vote Endark.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 6:50:06 PM
At 10/26/2014 10:29:20 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Respond to this when you see it. I have some questions for you.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 6:50:56 PM
At 10/27/2014 6:50:06 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:29:20 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Respond to this when you see it. I have some questions for you.

Hi
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 6:52:23 PM
At 10/27/2014 6:50:56 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
As soon as possible - meaning without looking through DP's and taking large amounts of time - repost the exact quotes you were given via your role by the mod (assuming you can c/p the information, if not, accurately summarize them)
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 6:54:58 PM
At 10/27/2014 6:52:23 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 10/27/2014 6:50:56 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
As soon as possible - meaning without looking through DP's and taking large amounts of time - repost the exact quotes you were given via your role by the mod (assuming you can c/p the information, if not, accurately summarize them)

N1 - "Old Thrashbarg considers himself a spiritual authority...even if no one else does."

N2 - "Deep Thought will soon finish his calculations...unless something goes wrong."

N3 - "Computers and other robots don't exactly get along well with Marvin."

N4 - "The TP is an arsonist."

N5 - "Tricia McMillian, or Trillian, is not in the game."

N6 - "The game has lasted longer than I thought it would."
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 6:57:26 PM
At 10/27/2014 6:54:58 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Thank you. FTR, the statement I made about you likely being the scum last DP was purposefully stated. I wanted to see whether the townie going down on the record as having voted Danielle or the one fosing you would live.

I'm rereading the DP's. Is there any last bits of compelling information you'd like to provide? I dread losing for town at final LYLO .. again..
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 6:58:11 PM
At 10/27/2014 6:57:26 PM, Daltonian wrote:
Thank you. FTR, the statement I made about you likely being the scum last DP was purposefully stated. I wanted to see whether the townie going down on the record as having voted Danielle or the one fosing you would live.

I'm rereading the DP's. Is there any last bits of compelling information you'd like to provide? I dread losing for town at final LYLO .. again..

I got your sandwich.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 7:05:41 PM
At 10/27/2014 6:58:11 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I got your sandwich.

Sorry to interrupt, but what if that one line was the deciding factor for Town's victory? XD

Quote of the game: "I got your sandwich." -Endark
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 7:06:50 PM
At 10/27/2014 7:05:41 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 10/27/2014 6:58:11 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I got your sandwich.

Sorry to interrupt, but what if that one line was the deciding factor for Town's victory? XD

Quote of the game: "I got your sandwich." -Endark

xD

I've made my case for Dani being scum. Dalt doesn't need to see it again. And she claimed last - of course she could take an unclaimed main character.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 7:57:46 PM
I don't doubt that Endark was given (some of those) clues by the mod. However obviously as a townie role that would be too overpowered. It confirms the player who has that role by allowing them to prove they know characters in the game before they are revealed; it confirms the player who claims Old Thrashbag and it confirms the player who claims Marvin. Do you really think the mod created a role that essentially confirms 3 townies in addition to the mod outwardly confirming Bullish AND including every main character? It would be impossible for the mafia to win. I think the mod gave the mafia Endark's role specifically to give them clues about how they could somehow fake claim.

That said almost every aspect of mafia is WIFOM. No result is guaranteed and you can hardly prove anything. I've tried to soft claim as much as I could along the way, but also keep some info hidden as I assumed the mafia would kill (or not fear) me if they knew too much about my role. For instance my Watcher ability was conditional; I didn't want the scum team to know when it would be ineffective.

You've asked why Trillian is the Watcher. Here is the quote the mod gave me:

"Don't be silly, dear. It's those pesky humanoid obstructions we have to worry about! They are only here for the desert. Now, you look for the prisoners. I'll keep an eye out for the guards. Nobody abandon ship!"

Also, if you look up her character, you will see that she is listed as the smartest of the 4 main characters. She has degrees in mathematics and astrophysics and played a protective role throughout the series. She protected and watched out for various characters, particularly Zaphod as summaries confirm.

http://www.shmoop.com...

Arthur meets Trillian by accident and she wouldn't be part of his journey otherwise. I'm assuming that's why you giving me a sandwich activated my role (or perhaps that was just a game mechanic the mod wanted to include). I think it has more to do with Trillian being completely irrelevant without Arthur's journey though, because when Arthur died I would lose my power. I don't know why the mod would include that, but obviously that is weird and there would be no reason for me to make it up (as it just challenges my credibility further).
President of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 8:01:32 PM
#dalt-pressure
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 9:27:00 PM
I can't modkill any of you, obviously, but please stop posting if you are not still in the game. Please be considerate and let the remaining players finish the game. We can all talk in the endgame, I promise.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 10:33:31 PM
I'm sorry if I lose for you town. Such pressure. I've reread the DP's and the reads of others and have come to a decision. Despite having scum read Endark throughout the entire second half of the game, it's cooled and I've begun to change my mind.

VTL DANIELLE

She avoids voting to lynch Adam when town attempted to and highlights that she scum reads TUF (Wylted), which is consistent with the overall mafia strategy of bussing. Khaos listed the scum team as being:

Adam/9space
Wylted
Danielle

I'm going to use his judgement as something to blame town's loss on if I mislynch. lol.

He was 2 for 2 originally, so I'm going with Khaos's judgement coupled with me buying Endark's quotes.
*crosses fingers*
*crosses fingers*
*crosses fingers*

I probably made the wrong decision.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 10:38:49 PM
At 10/27/2014 10:37:07 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:37:31 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Were you town?

Yes, I was. :-)
You made the right decision.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 10:40:18 PM
At 10/27/2014 10:38:49 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 10/27/2014 10:37:07 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:37:31 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Were you town?

Yes, I was. :-)
You made the right decision.
Awesome. This is the first time (out of three) that I've hammered correctly at LYLO. lol. GG.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 11:25:47 PM
Vote Count:

Danielle (2/2) - Endark, Dalt
Endark (1/2) - Danielle

The game has ended with the lynch of Danielle! Endgame will be up shortly.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 11:37:11 PM
As a general tip, the person who presents the longer case on the last dp tends to be scum.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 11:57:54 PM
At 10/27/2014 11:37:11 PM, Maikuru wrote:
As a general tip, the person who presents the longer case on the last dp tends to be scum.

Wait - really?
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 12:01:58 AM
At 10/27/2014 11:57:54 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 10/27/2014 11:37:11 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Wait - really?

The townies know they are townies and usually don't feel like they have anything to prove. The scum, on the other hand, needs to convince the townies, and generally have a case prepared to do so.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 12:05:39 PM
At 10/28/2014 12:01:58 AM, Maikuru wrote:
The townies know they are townies and usually don't feel like they have anything to prove. The scum, on the other hand, needs to convince the townies, and generally have a case prepared to do so.

Wrong. I always post a lot. I've complained about this ages ago. Since I talk (argue) a lot as town, I have to post a lot as mafia for consistency... even though this was really my first time being mafia in like 4 years. I have to post a lot no matter what, because now if I don't post a lot as town, it looks suspicious. It's annoying. If I were town my post would have probably been longer. I wish I could get away with posting less. In another game, other players are literally expecting me to post a lot, and now I will look shady if I don't. EVERYBODY LEAVE ME ALONE lol. I need a new M.O.
President of DDO