Total Posts:219|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why We Live Mafia - DP2

Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 7:44:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why We Live Mafia - DP2

Died last DP:

Beginner - MEANINGLESSNESS - life has no meaning.

-You have 3 types of roleblocking; each night, you may choose 1 and use it; they are all unlimited shot:
1. You may roleblock someone.
2. You may disable someone"s passive role (does not work at Day).
3. You may make your target reflexively roleblock all actions except for this one.
All mafia roleblocks resolves before town roles if conflict arises.

Mafia.


Died in the NP:

"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortune of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it, except the pleasure of seeing it." -- Adam Smith

Geographia - ALTRUISM - You practice involved and selfish concern for the well-being of others. That"s great, since you are one more person the rest of us can exploit, at your own pleasure. You help others, ultimately at the cost of benefiting yourself. You better wish the person you help is better than you.

-You are the bodyguard.

You win with the town.


Living players:
1. Mortsdor
2. Daltonian
3. Danielle
4. 9spaceking
5. Wylted
6. XLAV
7. Lannan13
8. ford_prefect
9. VelCrow
10. Khaos_Mage

Dead:
1. Beginner - (Mafia) Anti-natalism - Multi-purpose roleblocker
2. Geographia - Altruism - Bodyguard

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

This DP lasts 72 hours. DP1 ends 11/2 20:00 DDO time.
0x5f3759df
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 7:48:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
*shrug*
I got nothing. But tonight, I will be able to truly use my ability and tell you all whether some dude is suspicious or not. But note that, I have to decide carefully.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 7:59:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 7:48:50 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
*shrug*
I got nothing. But tonight, I will be able to truly use my ability and tell you all whether some dude is suspicious or not. But note that, I have to decide carefully.

Did you just claim cop?
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 8:00:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 8:00:00 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
I never claimed cop.

I'd hope not, but what the hell is that?
My work here is, finally, done.
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 7:35:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 7:48:50 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
*shrug*
I got nothing. But tonight, I will be able to truly use my ability and tell you all whether some dude is suspicious or not. But note that, I have to decide carefully.

Funny how the role goes from super-important to I'll be able to suspect someone if I'm careful....

Tomorrow you role claim.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 8:05:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
9space, you should role claim.
It sounds like you claimed cop, but you say you aren't.
you said your role is important, but it isn't.

Not a fan.

However, my bigger issue is Dalton.
VTL Dalton for full claim

You get to explain why Beginner shouldn't have been lynched yesterday.
An awful coincidence if you are town, but I saw no reason for you to think he was town.
My work here is, finally, done.
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 12:12:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 8:05:29 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
9space, you should role claim.
It sounds like you claimed cop, but you say you aren't.
you said your role is important, but it isn't.

Not a fan.

However, my bigger issue is Dalton.
VTL Dalton for full claim

You get to explain why Beginner shouldn't have been lynched yesterday.
An awful coincidence if you are town, but I saw no reason for you to think he was town.
I'd rather die than promote your logic for voting me. Net benefit for town in future games.

Me not voting for Beginner would usually be a town tell. Scum has no motivation not to hop onto the lynch of a scummate who is obviously going to be lynched

Can't talk right now, but no claim from me. Sorry.
I will say that I took a night action and I fumbled it; my result is half-useless now.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 12:23:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 8:00:00 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
I never claimed cop.

Just out your role, they aren't observant enough to pick up on the fact you're soft claiming bomb or something. It's clear you're trying to draw an NK but scum just don't see you as an asset to town. So it won't work. No need to get yourself mislynched by trying to draw an NK that will never happen.
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 12:33:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 12:12:52 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I'd rather die than promote your logic for voting me. Net benefit for town in future games.

yeah, lets play for this game ;)

Me not voting for Beginner would usually be a town tell.

I agree that lynching someone DP1 without any particular reason (other than his lurking) seems like a potentially Very bad move for the town, and was myself probably going to push for a No Lynch, even if Beginner had not posted... I just wanted him to show up and character claim, but even if he hadn't shown up I would've been uncomfortable with the lynch. However I took a little bit of comfort in the fact that others said he was a frequent poster usually. And It definitely worked out well :)

Scum has no motivation not to hop onto the lynch of a scummate who is obviously going to be lynched

scum could have reason to delay until he could've gotten on to post a claim.

You had a good few votes on you yesterday, and I didn't want to force you to claim yesterday (wihout a Mass Char Claim) b/c we already had several claims, and you didn't seem particularly suspect.

I can still see you being town, but VTL Daltonian I think you should Character claim Now.

I think Danielle should too. :P
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 12:34:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 12:23:15 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/30/2014 8:00:00 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
I never claimed cop.

Just out your role, they aren't observant enough to pick up on the fact you're soft claiming bomb or something. It's clear you're trying to draw an NK but scum just don't see you as an asset to town. So it won't work. No need to get yourself mislynched by trying to draw an NK that will never happen.

Alright then. Odd night priest and even night watcher.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 12:34:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 12:23:15 PM, Wylted wrote:
Just out your role, they aren't observant enough to pick up on the fact you're soft claiming bomb or something. It's clear you're trying to draw an NK but scum just don't see you as an asset to town. So it won't work. No need to get yourself mislynched by trying to draw an NK that will never happen.

n00bs and "weaker players" always fly under the radar for their scummy behavior. VTL 9space for a claim.
President of DDO
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 12:37:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 12:23:15 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/30/2014 8:00:00 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
I never claimed cop.

Just out your role, they aren't observant enough to pick up on the fact you're soft claiming bomb or something. It's clear you're trying to draw an NK but scum just don't see you as an asset to town. So it won't work. No need to get yourself mislynched by trying to draw an NK that will never happen.

lol, who's not observant enough?

Someone who says "My role's super-important" is doing the worst job ever of trying to draw a NK.

it's such a blatantly obvious attempt at a ploy to draw a NK it's not even worthy of mention.

If anything it makes him seem scummy to me for how Obvious he's trying to make it that he's trying to bait the mafia.
XLAV
Posts: 13,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 12:37:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Crap, I totally forgot about this game.

To make up, I'll claim.
Character is Asceticism. Eh, you guys could probably guess my role.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 12:39:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Unvote. I'll expect 9space to prove his role soon. Did lannan claim yesterday? I can't keep the games straight.
President of DDO
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 12:42:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
UNVOTE VTl XLAV

I don't like his character claim or role.

This is what moves society. Religion clearly moves society. Beginner was meaningless, which obviously that philosophy doesn't drive society at all. Asceticism doesn't move society.

I think we have clear scum here
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 12:46:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Actually the mod seemed to make an error which confirms my theme analysis.

He credited Beginner with 2 characters by mistake. Ant Natalist and meaningless

Both philosophies cause people to succumb to society or to become hermits, 2 things that don't move society. I think Ascetisn fits perfect.
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 12:47:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 12:34:08 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 10/31/2014 12:23:15 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/30/2014 8:00:00 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
I never claimed cop.

Just out your role, they aren't observant enough to pick up on the fact you're soft claiming bomb or something. It's clear you're trying to draw an NK but scum just don't see you as an asset to town. So it won't work. No need to get yourself mislynched by trying to draw an NK that will never happen.

Alright then. Odd night priest and even night watcher.

the role description for the Priest basically mentions it's a scummy role lol
http://wiki.mafiascum.net...

- - -

I could see religion going either way... in many religion's (see: Christianity) people with nihilistic perspectives (see Beginner) often turn to the supernatural b/c they're discontent with the World as is, discontent with this life.... So they turn to thoughts of an Afterlife.

Christians and religious folk often talk about the relative Unimportance of This Life.

It's kind of a stretch, but I could definitely see it since Bullish is an Atheist, and that is basically my own perspective on religion.

- - -

Hopefully someone has some kind of definite results from Something to go on today though.

And Dalt should Character claim.
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 12:49:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 12:37:50 PM, XLAV wrote:
Crap, I totally forgot about this game.

To make up, I'll claim.
Character is Asceticism. Eh, you guys could probably guess my role.

Asceticism is a Reason to Live?

Give us the flavor of your role... A quote of some sort was given?

you probably shouldn't copy/paste... but give us the feel for why Asceticism was explained as a Reason to Live.

UNVOTE, VOTE XLAV
for further description
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 12:50:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 12:47:29 PM, mortsdor wrote:
At 10/31/2014 12:34:08 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 10/31/2014 12:23:15 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/30/2014 8:00:00 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
I never claimed cop.

Just out your role, they aren't observant enough to pick up on the fact you're soft claiming bomb or something. It's clear you're trying to draw an NK but scum just don't see you as an asset to town. So it won't work. No need to get yourself mislynched by trying to draw an NK that will never happen.

Alright then. Odd night priest and even night watcher.

the role description for the Priest basically mentions it's a scummy role lol
http://wiki.mafiascum.net...

- - -

I could see religion going either way... in many religion's (see: Christianity) people with nihilistic perspectives (see Beginner) often turn to the supernatural b/c they're discontent with the World as is, discontent with this life.... So they turn to thoughts of an Afterlife.

Christians and religious folk often talk about the relative Unimportance of This Life.

It's kind of a stretch, but I could definitely see it since Bullish is an Atheist, and that is basically my own perspective on religion.


- - -

Hopefully someone has some kind of definite results from Something to go on today though.

And Dalt should Character claim.

Religion actually moves society an on DDO, I've never seen priest as a scum role.
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 12:54:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 12:50:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
Religion actually moves society an on DDO, I've never seen priest as a scum role.

what I meant by a scummy role was more that it makes for a suspicious claim, not that it's often mafia.

The wiki makes mention of it being difficult to prove, fairly uncommon (though I suppose not recently on ddo?), and not necessarily town.
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 1:35:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Official Vote Count

XLAV (2/6) - Wylted, Mort,
Dalt (1/6) - Khaos,

Not voting: Daltonian, Danielle, 9spaceking, XLAV, Lannan, ford, Vel,

Beginner is in fact Meaninglessness.
0x5f3759df
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 2:08:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 12:12:52 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 10/31/2014 8:05:29 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
9space, you should role claim.
It sounds like you claimed cop, but you say you aren't.
you said your role is important, but it isn't.

Not a fan.

However, my bigger issue is Dalton.
VTL Dalton for full claim

You get to explain why Beginner shouldn't have been lynched yesterday.
An awful coincidence if you are town, but I saw no reason for you to think he was town.
I'd rather die than promote your logic for voting me. Net benefit for town in future games.
Someone's pissy...

Me not voting for Beginner would usually be a town tell. Scum has no motivation not to hop onto the lynch of a scummate who is obviously going to be lynched

Ummm, you hopped OFF the wagon, and mischaracterized it as random.
That's my issue.
My other issue is that you didn't find any stated reasons of lynching beginner raised above the level of "random". He targeted you for an early claim, even though he knew we would get no traction. It looks like he was creating distance from you. He was AWOL for over 72 hours, and you said yourself that you'd be suspicious of me if I did that.

Can't talk right now, but no claim from me. Sorry.
I will say that I took a night action and I fumbled it; my result is half-useless now.
My work here is, finally, done.
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 2:27:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 2:08:32 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/31/2014 12:12:52 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 10/31/2014 8:05:29 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
9space, you should role claim.
It sounds like you claimed cop, but you say you aren't.
you said your role is important, but it isn't.

Not a fan.

However, my bigger issue is Dalton.
VTL Dalton for full claim

You get to explain why Beginner shouldn't have been lynched yesterday.
An awful coincidence if you are town, but I saw no reason for you to think he was town.
I'd rather die than promote your logic for voting me. Net benefit for town in future games.
Someone's pissy...
You're aggressively tunnelling me in all three games you're in with me, of which I'm town in each one; insulting my playstyle as you go along. It's a bit ridiculous to expect a peachy reaction.

Me not voting for Beginner would usually be a town tell. Scum has no motivation not to hop onto the lynch of a scummate who is obviously going to be lynched

Ummm, you hopped OFF the wagon, and mischaracterized it as random.
That's my issue.
Link? I don't recall ever voting for Beginner. Either you're thinking of someone else or just spouting BS..
My other issue is that you didn't find any stated reasons of lynching beginner raised above the level of "random". He targeted you for an early claim, even though he knew we would get no traction. It looks like he was creating distance from you. He was AWOL for over 72 hours, and you said yourself that you'd be suspicious of me if I did that.
And maybe I should have voted for him. I've never played with him in the past.
I expect certain amounts of activity from different players.

Would I find you scummy for extended inactivity?
Would I find Krieg scummy for extended inactivity?
Would I find Beginner scummy for extended inactivity? Not necessarily, because I have no idea whether or not he is an inactive/active player.. Beginner made less than 4 posts in the DP. If you call that lynch anything more than a guessing game based on an odd vote and inactivity, then I can't help you.

If our goal was to create distance from each other, I'd have voted for him.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 3:09:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 12:34:08 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
Alright then. Odd night priest and even night watcher.

Also to note, the Priest is a day-time role....

Not that it's impossible that you or Bullish just mis-described your role.

- - -

Also, I could see a priest-watcher who was both all the time. It'd be a slightly nerfed watcher. Not really too powerful that it would have to alternate.

- - -

Does your role description carry any sort of quote or reasoning for why Religion is a Reason We Live?
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 3:13:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 3:09:47 PM, mortsdor wrote:
At 10/31/2014 12:34:08 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
Alright then. Odd night priest and even night watcher.

Also to note, the Priest is a day-time role....

Not that it's impossible that you or Bullish just mis-described your role.

- - -

Also, I could see a priest-watcher who was both all the time. It'd be a slightly nerfed watcher. Not really too powerful that it would have to alternate.

- - -

Does your role description carry any sort of quote or reasoning for why Religion is a Reason We Live?

it keeps the poor from murdering the rich.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 4:25:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 3:09:47 PM, mortsdor wrote:
At 10/31/2014 12:34:08 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
Alright then. Odd night priest and even night watcher.

Also to note, the Priest is a day-time role....

No it's not.

Not that it's impossible that you or Bullish just mis-described your role.

- - -

Also, I could see a priest-watcher who was both all the time. It'd be a slightly nerfed watcher. Not really too powerful that it would have to alternate.

- - -

Does your role description carry any sort of quote or reasoning for why Religion is a Reason We Live?
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 4:31:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 4:25:44 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 10/31/2014 3:09:47 PM, mortsdor wrote:
At 10/31/2014 12:34:08 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
Alright then. Odd night priest and even night watcher.

Also to note, the Priest is a day-time role....

No it's not.

LOL, it's Hitchhikers all over again.
My work here is, finally, done.
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 4:40:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 4:25:44 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 10/31/2014 3:09:47 PM, mortsdor wrote:
At 10/31/2014 12:34:08 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
Alright then. Odd night priest and even night watcher.

Also to note, the Priest is a day-time role....

No it's not.

is this the version usually in play?
http://wiki.mafiascum.net...

That's what I was going off of.