Jump to topic:

DDO Custom Mafia Roles

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2014 3:49:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
In the past I hosted a themed game where I used only roles created by DDO members (that was the theme: unique roles). This was years ago, and I'm sure new roles have been created by people here since then. Are there any roles specific to this site or created by a member on DDO as opposed to found on Mafia Scum, EpicMafia or any other mafia site? Just wondering.
President of DDO
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2014 5:54:23 PM
Insurance Agent -
Select a player who you think will be the NK target, if they are, mod confirm another player. (is seen visiting the NK, the selected player, and the choice player) Cannot select a beneficiary more than once.

Bookie -
Works as cop, except results are given with probabilities. For example, 30% confidence of guilty.

Chaos Rage -
Become Bulletproof for the night. Randomly kill a player.
Become Bulletproof for the night, and a random player will become Bulletproof for the night. Randomly kill a townie.

Creeping Angel -
If watched, tracked, or any other investigation, become silenced next DP.

Devil - (mafia role)
Know all roles in the game. If at the end of any DP you have a vote(s) on you by only non-mafia players, the entire mafia dies. If at the end of any DP you have more votes on you from non-mafia members than mafia members, you die.

Gambit -
Know total number of scum (mafia and TP).
At any point in the DP, you may select any number of players equal to the number of total scum. All players die immediately, except for you, scum, and the selected players. The DP ends in 2 hours.
My work here is, finally, done.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2014 6:02:36 PM
I mean, some people invent roles for their individual games, but, more often than not, those roles do not gain wider popularity/are not recycled.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2014 6:19:56 PM
Not trying to brag here but I think the mafia-ception role has to be daddy of all custom roles.

Link: http://www.debate.org... this particular version is the first of its kind and has potential to be refined. Khaos played it well.

Basically, there is a double agent inside of the mafia, and the mafia is given a large bonus if they find out who it is.
-the bonus is enough that the mafia can insta-win if the agent outs scum team too early.
-but small enough that a gambit with a low amount of mafia is extremely unlikely to succeed.
The agent flips mafia upon death so there's that element of uncertainty through out.
0x5f3759df
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2014 6:33:11 PM
Peaceful Protester -
Each night, you may select one player, you will sit-in, thus interfering with not only their night actions, but those of any visitors as well, including the mafia night kill.
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2014 6:48:28 PM
In the one game I modded (starwars) all the roles were custom made...
Most of them would be too particular to the theme I think for easy inclusion in other games but one I think would be fun and easy to fit in to generic games:

- -
The Wookie:
You Win with the Town.. Being a wookie you can, at any point in any One day phase, pull someone's arms clear off instantly killing them and revealing their role. The day phase continues on as normal.
- -

I think the role isn't super powerful, but it can definitely change things up a bit.

(In the starwars game the wookie was of course chewbacca, and he had a further stipulation that if he tried to kill Han Solo then he'd fail and the wookie rage would be wasted... which made it a bit more powerful)
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2014 7:55:33 PM
I really like the insurance agent.

How does the bookie work from the modding perspective? Do you split up players randomly into small groups before the game, and assign each one a probability based on what group they're in? For example, players 1-4 with one scum, players 5-10 with 2 scum, player 11-12 with 1 scum? Thus, investigating a player from the first group would be a 25% chance, second group is 33% and last group is 50%?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2014 8:56:00 PM
At 11/3/2014 7:55:33 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
Just make sure not to have a vigilante. LOL

How does the bookie work from the modding perspective? Do you split up players randomly into small groups before the game, and assign each one a probability based on what group they're in? For example, players 1-4 with one scum, players 5-10 with 2 scum, player 11-12 with 1 scum? Thus, investigating a player from the first group would be a 25% chance, second group is 33% and last group is 50%?

Random number 1-10 (for tens percent), let's say 7 and target is town. I suppose it could even be selected before hand hidden from the player. (NP1 =50%, NP2=90%, NP3=20%, etc.), but go with the 7 roll.
Random number 1-100.
If 70 or less, 70% sure town.
If 71 or more, 70% sure scum.

If target is scum with 7:
If 70 or less, 70% sure scum.
If 71 or more, 70% sure town.
Assume town target and 3.
If 30 or less, 30% sure town
If 31 or more, 30% sure scum

I think this would work.
I confuse myself, which is why I haven't used it yet.
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 9:37:20 AM
At 11/3/2014 8:56:00 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/3/2014 7:55:33 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
Just make sure not to have a vigilante. LOL

Random number 1-10 (for tens percent), let's say 7 and target is town. I suppose it could even be selected before hand hidden from the player. (NP1 =50%, NP2=90%, NP3=20%, etc.), but go with the 7 roll.
Random number 1-100.
If 70 or less, 70% sure town.
If 71 or more, 70% sure scum.

If target is scum with 7:
If 70 or less, 70% sure scum.
If 71 or more, 70% sure town.
Assume town target and 3.
If 30 or less, 30% sure town
If 31 or more, 30% sure scum

I think this would work.
I confuse myself, which is why I haven't used it yet.

cool, altho I agree a little confusing.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
FantumHeist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate