Total Posts:209|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 32.2: DP1

bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 6:59:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
INTRODUCTION - Third Parties and Misinformation

So far you've only been playing with two parties: The Town and Mafia. This game we will introduce Third Parties. These parties are in it for themselves. They are anti-town AND anti-mafia. Depending on the game and the mod, third parties win by themselves, when certain conditions are met, or can win with either the Town or the Mafia.

This game also introduces the concept of flavors. Flavors are the adjectives of Mafia, altering how roles work. Here are some common flavors:

Even/Odd - Roles with these modifiers can only work on Even or Odd-numbered Night Phases
X-Shot - Roles with these modifiers can only be used X number of times.

(these flavors are usually made known to the player.)

Paranoid - For Cops and other investigative roles, they receive all Guilty-type results. For Doctors, they role-block their target.
Naive - For Cops and other investigative roles, they receive all innocent-type results. For Doctors and other non-investigative roles, they do nothing.
Insane - For Cops, they receive results opposite of the truth

(these flavors may be concealed from the player by the mod(s).)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 7:00:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
SET-UP

The roles found in this game are from the following list and only from the following list:

TOWN

Cop - Investigates Players' alignments
Dreamer - Learns players' alignments passively
Priest - Learns roles of players that visit him
Role Cop - Learns players' roles
Tracker - Learns who players visit
Watcher - Learns who visits a player
Oracle - Reveals a player's role upon death
Coroner - Can learn the affiliation and role of a dead player.
Bodyguard - Redirects lethal actions to self
Bulletproof - Immune to night kills
Doctor - Prevents the deaths of players
Virgin - If lynched, prevents all deaths the following Night Phase
Ascetic - Cannot be targeted by non-lethal actions.
Commuter - Cannot be targeted at night.
Sidekick - Redirects non-lethal actions from another player to himself.
Bomb - If killed at night, kills his killer
Hunter - If lynched, may kill another player
Paranoid Gun Owner - Kills anyone that visits him at night
Super Saint - If lynched, kills whoever placed the last vote
Vigilante - May kill another player at night
Universal Backup - Assumes the role of the first Town player to die
Mimic - May copy another player's role
Roleblocker - May prevent another player from using their role
Innocent Child - Mod confirmed as a Townie during a certain Day Phase
Vanilla - Has no role
Jack of All Trades (JOAT) - has 1x: Cop, Doctor, Vigilante
Pacifist - may not place votes on people at L-1

MAFIA

Role Cop - Learns players' roles
Suicide Bomber - May kill another player during the day, dying in the process
Mimic - May copy another player's role
Scout - Learns who players visit
Lookout - Learns who visits a player
Role Stealer- Can permanently steal and use another player's role.
Ascetic - Same as Town.
Bus Driver - Switches the actions performed on two players.
Jack of All Trades (JOAT) - has 1x: Role Cop, Role Block, Frame
Commuter - Same as Town.
Framer - Can make another player investigate as non-Town to sane (non-flavored) investigative roles.
Rolestopper - Can make another player immune to non-lethal actions.
Godfather - Investigates as Town to sane (non-flavored) investigative roles.
Janitor - Can choose to hide the role and affiliation of a killed
player.
Lawyer - Can make another player investigate as Town to sane (non-flavored) investigative roles.
Ninja - Does not appear on tracker/watcher reports.
Redirector - Can change another player's intended target.
Roleblocker - Prevents the use of another player's role.

THIRD-PARTY


Serial Killer - Each night may kill another player. Wins when all other players are dead (joint win not possible).
Survivor - Wins by surviving until another faction achieves its win condition (a joint win may be possible).
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 7:01:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
LIVING PLAYERS

Honest
Vox
Uchiha
Harder
Nymph
Yama
Sjd
Rev
Khaos
XLAV

With 10 players remaining, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 7:00pm, DDO time, on 11/10/14.


Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 7:34:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well then, let's start. SOP to lynch da noobs.

VTL Nymph

Although Nymph has extraordinary judgment and skill for a noob. :P
UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 7:35:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 7:34:05 PM, RevNge wrote:
Well then, let's start. SOP to lynch da noobs.

You're right!
VTL Rev


VTL Nymph

Although Nymph has extraordinary judgment and skill for a noob. :P
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 7:36:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 7:35:20 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:34:05 PM, RevNge wrote:
Well then, let's start. SOP to lynch da noobs.

You're right!
VTL Rev

LOL, I suppose you're right, although I'm not really a noob but I have the skill of a noob. Whaddya want?

And you do know you count as a noob right? :P
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 7:38:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
VOTE COUNT

Nymph (1/6) - Rev
Rev (1/6) - Uchiha
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 7:41:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 7:35:20 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:34:05 PM, RevNge wrote:
Well then, let's start. SOP to lynch da noobs.

You're right!
VTL Rev


VTL Nymph

Although Nymph has extraordinary judgment and skill for a noob. :P

You know, I find it disturbingly odd that this game has been up for 38 minutes, and when I posted, you replied in 1 minute. Was it a coincidence?
UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 7:42:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 7:41:02 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:35:20 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:34:05 PM, RevNge wrote:
Well then, let's start. SOP to lynch da noobs.

You're right!
VTL Rev


VTL Nymph

Although Nymph has extraordinary judgment and skill for a noob. :P

You know, I find it disturbingly odd that this game has been up for 38 minutes, and when I posted, you replied in 1 minute. Was it a coincidence?

Yeah... I just happened to remember that the new DP had started and went to check if anything had happened yet.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 7:43:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 7:42:46 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:41:02 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:35:20 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:34:05 PM, RevNge wrote:
Well then, let's start. SOP to lynch da noobs.

You're right!
VTL Rev


VTL Nymph

Although Nymph has extraordinary judgment and skill for a noob. :P

You know, I find it disturbingly odd that this game has been up for 38 minutes, and when I posted, you replied in 1 minute. Was it a coincidence?

Yeah... I just happened to remember that the new DP had started and went to check if anything had happened yet.

Okay then. And you VTL'd me, and you're not asking me for anything. What's the point of pressuring someone if you don't want anything from them? O_O
UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 7:44:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 7:36:35 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:35:20 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:34:05 PM, RevNge wrote:
Well then, let's start. SOP to lynch da noobs.

You're right!
VTL Rev

LOL, I suppose you're right, although I'm not really a noob but I have the skill of a noob. Whaddya want?

Idk... I have no idea how people get anything to happen in DP1 >.>


And you do know you count as a noob right? :P

This is harassment. I am outraged.
UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 7:44:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 7:43:33 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:42:46 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:41:02 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:35:20 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:34:05 PM, RevNge wrote:
Well then, let's start. SOP to lynch da noobs.

You're right!
VTL Rev


VTL Nymph

Although Nymph has extraordinary judgment and skill for a noob. :P

You know, I find it disturbingly odd that this game has been up for 38 minutes, and when I posted, you replied in 1 minute. Was it a coincidence?

Yeah... I just happened to remember that the new DP had started and went to check if anything had happened yet.

Okay then. And you VTL'd me, and you're not asking me for anything. What's the point of pressuring someone if you don't want anything from them? O_O

That's what you did, too... :P
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 7:48:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 7:44:23 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:36:35 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:35:20 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:34:05 PM, RevNge wrote:
Well then, let's start. SOP to lynch da noobs.

You're right!
VTL Rev

LOL, I suppose you're right, although I'm not really a noob but I have the skill of a noob. Whaddya want?

Idk... I have no idea how people get anything to happen in DP1 >.>
There are probably roles that are instantly able to be confirmed in this game, such as Pacifist, but mainly I'm trying to get you to soft claim a little. Is your role important? Kind of? Useless?
And you do know you count as a noob right? :P

This is harassment. I am outraged.

Harassment? THIS IS MAFIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 8:03:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm going to get this out of the way now. I am the Ascetic.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 8:15:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 8:03:19 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I'm going to get this out of the way now. I am the Ascetic.

Description, please?

And should I go ahead and claim now if it is relatively harmless to do so?
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 8:17:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 8:15:21 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:03:19 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I'm going to get this out of the way now. I am the Ascetic.

Description, please?
I can't be targeted during the night for non lethal actions.
And should I go ahead and claim now if it is relatively harmless to do so?
Idk. I only claimed because I don't know the SOP for Ascetic.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 8:19:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 8:17:45 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:15:21 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:03:19 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I'm going to get this out of the way now. I am the Ascetic.

Description, please?
I can't be targeted during the night for non lethal actions.
And should I go ahead and claim now if it is relatively harmless to do so?
Idk. I only claimed because I don't know the SOP for Ascetic.

Eh... I'll wait for a bit then.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 8:35:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 8:19:01 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:17:45 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:15:21 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:03:19 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I'm going to get this out of the way now. I am the Ascetic.

Description, please?
I can't be targeted during the night for non lethal actions.
And should I go ahead and claim now if it is relatively harmless to do so?
Idk. I only claimed because I don't know the SOP for Ascetic.

Eh... I'll wait for a bit then.

Is your role important? Kind of? Not really? I think I asked you this already, but I'm not sure.
UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 8:48:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 8:35:29 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:19:01 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:17:45 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:15:21 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:03:19 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I'm going to get this out of the way now. I am the Ascetic.

Description, please?
I can't be targeted during the night for non lethal actions.
And should I go ahead and claim now if it is relatively harmless to do so?
Idk. I only claimed because I don't know the SOP for Ascetic.

Eh... I'll wait for a bit then.

Is your role important? Kind of? Not really? I think I asked you this already, but I'm not sure.

No, it's not really important.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 8:50:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 8:48:48 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:35:29 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:19:01 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:17:45 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:15:21 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:03:19 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I'm going to get this out of the way now. I am the Ascetic.

Description, please?
I can't be targeted during the night for non lethal actions.
And should I go ahead and claim now if it is relatively harmless to do so?
Idk. I only claimed because I don't know the SOP for Ascetic.

Eh... I'll wait for a bit then.

Is your role important? Kind of? Not really? I think I asked you this already, but I'm not sure.

No, it's not really important.

Okay then, spit up. Make sure that it's not worth killing you, though...
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 9:02:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 8:54:22 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:50:17 PM, RevNge wrote:

Eh, might as well.

I'm Tracker.

...

THAT'S IMPORTANT. NOT AS MUCH AS JOAT, VIG, OR DOC, BUT THAT'S PRETTY GODDAMN IMPORTANT.

*facepalm*

VTL Uchiha for being dumb.
UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 9:03:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 9:02:16 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:54:22 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:50:17 PM, RevNge wrote:

Eh, might as well.

I'm Tracker.

...

THAT'S IMPORTANT. NOT AS MUCH AS JOAT, VIG, OR DOC, BUT THAT'S PRETTY GODDAMN IMPORTANT.

*facepalm*

VTL Uchiha for being dumb.

it is?
0_0
fvck...
it didn't sound important from the description...
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 9:04:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 9:03:04 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 9:02:16 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:54:22 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:50:17 PM, RevNge wrote:

Eh, might as well.

I'm Tracker.

...

THAT'S IMPORTANT. NOT AS MUCH AS JOAT, VIG, OR DOC, BUT THAT'S PRETTY GODDAMN IMPORTANT.

*facepalm*

VTL Uchiha for being dumb.

it is?
0_0
fvck...
it didn't sound important from the description...

Well, it's not particularly important, but it's more important than Ascetic, that's for sure.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 12:02:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Any reads? Or is it too early for that?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,107
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:51:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/9/2014 12:02:41 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Any reads? Or is it too early for that?

Nobody has posted. :/
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
XLAV
Posts: 13,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:58:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/9/2014 8:51:12 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 11/9/2014 12:02:41 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Any reads? Or is it too early for that?

Nobody has posted. :/

I'm here, lol.
XLAV
Posts: 13,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:59:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 7:34:05 PM, RevNge wrote:
Well then, let's start. SOP to lynch da noobs.

VTL Nymph

Although Nymph has extraordinary judgment and skill for a noob. :P
Why vtl Nymph?
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,107
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 9:00:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/9/2014 8:58:54 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 11/9/2014 8:51:12 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 11/9/2014 12:02:41 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Any reads? Or is it too early for that?

Nobody has posted. :/

I'm here, lol.

Alright...2 people online...let's wait for 5 or 6.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King