Fate: Rebirth of Nations

Unitomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 12:13:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Introduction:
It's been over a year since the land went dark. All power has shut off, all electricity ceased to flow, leaving the world broken, and people scared. People left the cities after the food ran out, and groups began to hunt each other for resources. Some even tried to build walls around their towns. People are scared, people are desperate. People are looking to leaders, leaders to bring them safety. Are you strong enough to give them what they want? What will your role be in the Rebirth of Nations.

Gameplay:
The game will be divided into "Quarters" of 5 years, with 4 Quarters forming a Generation. Depending on the volume of events going on, Quarters may end early. After each Quarter, people will have their Traits updated to match their progress. After the end of each Generation, traits will be updated, new actions will be accepted and a new dynamic will be introduced. To perform an action, send me a PM. Once you've met someone, you will be informed of that, but not who you've met. You must either ask the person who they are (in your own Action PMs, which I will convey to them), or discover it for yourself through dialogue with others. If you desire to talk to someone, you may open a PM with them (after having had learned their identity), but I must be attached to the PM.

Each Nation will begin in a different region of the (Former) United States, Mexico (if there are enough people), and Canada. If we have enough people join, Europe may be added. Each Nation maintains Basic Traits:
Fertility: The Rate of Reproduction in your Nation, determines growth every Quarter.
Wealth: The general financial capacity of your Nation. Increases Tax capacity and ability of the Nation's citizens to bound back from certain events.
Discipline: The Nations capacity to perform stressful ad complex tasks.
Pride: The Civilians willingness to associate with their new Nation as opposed to the old Nation. Determines the difficulty of a conqueror to hold your land, and your peoples willingness to die for you.
Productivity: The Nations capacity to produce goods and services.
Health: The Nations general health in the new Age.
Intellect: The Nations General capacity to understand complex tasks and concepts. Not to be confused with performing such tasks.
Adaptibility: The Nations general capacity to understand and implement changes.
Security: The Nations general sense of safety and comfort. It's increases and decreases will increase and decrease all other traits.

There are also Overall Stats which are updated every other Quarter:
Political Efficiency: Your Nations political ability to perform, regulate, and respond to events.
Economic Capacity: You Nations overall Economic Prowess.
Military Strength: Your Nations power to defend itself and overcome opposition against it. Subdivided into Defensive and Offensive.
Technology: Your Nations application of knowledge in the world around it.

Rules:
1: Actions are done in BOLD.
2: Actions must be approved by me.
3: No action or discussion is considered valid unless I am involved in the PM.
4: Death or defeat will lead to your people becoming neutral, and if left that way until the end of the Quarter, will become an "AI" player. The player will respond either the next Quarter.
5: Understand your Citizens will respond to how you treat them and how you act toward others.
6: Attempts to circumvent the above rules will leave to disaster for your people. You've been warned.

If you do not know if an action is plausible, ask me.

==Unitomic==
Unitomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 12:29:48 AM
You may join. Just tell me the Nation's nation, and the type of nation you have (Republic, Democratic, so on)
Unitomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 12:35:24 AM
Addendum: You must give both your Nations name, and the form of Government you maintain. The Government is very important to your ability to make decisions and your citizens response to certain actions.
Unitomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 1:16:17 AM
At 11/13/2014 1:12:28 AM, XLAV wrote:
/in

I miss this games.
Gonna post my nation stats later.

Sounds good. I also miss it. Get your friends into it :)

Remember, Name of the Nation, and Government Type.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 8:06:10 AM
At 11/13/2014 7:42:12 AM, XLAV wrote:
Name of Nation: Coalition States
Government Type: Fascist

LOL XD
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 8:06:50 AM
At 11/13/2014 12:29:48 AM, Unitomic wrote:
You may join. Just tell me the Nation's nation, and the type of nation you have (Republic, Democratic, so on)

/in

But is it possible to get assassinated or have a rebellion? LOL
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 8:06:54 AM
At 11/13/2014 8:06:10 AM, RevNge wrote:

LOL XD

Join us if you're into nation building forum RP.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 8:08:29 AM
At 11/13/2014 8:06:54 AM, XLAV wrote:

LOL XD

I will, but I don't know which type of government since I don't want to be a dictator and have my government overthrown by rebels. :P
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 8:09:38 AM
At 11/13/2014 8:08:29 AM, RevNge wrote:

LOL XD

I will, but I don't know which type of government since I don't want to be a dictator and have my government overthrown by rebels. :P

Russia was ruled by a dictator and it flourished.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 8:10:45 AM
If there is no rebellion:

Utopia, Absolute Monarchy

If there is:

Utopia, Constitutional Monarchy
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 10:06:38 AM
At 11/13/2014 8:09:38 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 11/13/2014 8:08:29 AM, RevNge wrote:

LOL XD

Russia was ruled by a dictator and it flourished.

Fair enough.
Unitomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 10:25:12 AM
Rebellions only happen if their Pride and Happiness go too far (a proud man will stay unhappy for his nation. But a happy man won't put up with a nation he hates). Assassinations are a no.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 10:26:19 AM
At 11/13/2014 12:13:28 AM, Unitomic wrote:
Introduction:
It's been over a year since the land went dark. All power has shut off, all electricity ceased to flow, leaving the world broken, and people scared. People left the cities after the food ran out, and groups began to hunt each other for resources. Some even tried to build walls around their towns. People are scared, people are desperate. People are looking to leaders, leaders to bring them safety. Are you strong enough to give them what they want? What will your role be in the Rebirth of Nations.

Gameplay:
The game will be divided into "Quarters" of 5 years, with 4 Quarters forming a Generation. Depending on the volume of events going on, Quarters may end early. After each Quarter, people will have their Traits updated to match their progress. After the end of each Generation, traits will be updated, new actions will be accepted and a new dynamic will be introduced. To perform an action, send me a PM. Once you've met someone, you will be informed of that, but not who you've met. You must either ask the person who they are (in your own Action PMs, which I will convey to them), or discover it for yourself through dialogue with others. If you desire to talk to someone, you may open a PM with them (after having had learned their identity), but I must be attached to the PM.

Each Nation will begin in a different region of the (Former) United States, Mexico (if there are enough people), and Canada. If we have enough people join, Europe may be added. Each Nation maintains Basic Traits:
Fertility: The Rate of Reproduction in your Nation, determines growth every Quarter.
Wealth: The general financial capacity of your Nation. Increases Tax capacity and ability of the Nation's citizens to bound back from certain events.
Pride: The Civilians willingness to associate with their new Nation as opposed to the old Nation. Determines the difficulty of a conqueror to hold your land, and your peoples willingness to die for you.
Intellect: The Nations General capacity to understand complex tasks and concepts. Not to be confused with performing such tasks.
Security: The Nations general sense of safety and comfort. It's increases and decreases will increase and decrease all other traits.

Political Efficiency: Your Nations political ability to perform, regulate, and respond to events.
Military Strength: Your Nations power to defend itself and overcome opposition against it. Subdivided into Defensive and Offensive.

Rules:
4: Death or defeat will lead to your people becoming neutral, and if left that way until the end of the Quarter, will become an "AI" player. The player will respond either the next Quarter.
5: Understand your Citizens will respond to how you treat them and how you act toward others.
6: Attempts to circumvent the above rules will leave to disaster for your people. You've been warned.

==Unitomic==

Anyway, how long is it? And how many players are you aiming for?
Unitomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 10:29:43 AM
Utilitarianism is more a way of performig governmental actions rather then an actual System of Government. Like technocracy.

And The game will go until we design it's time to end it. As for players, I'm wanting 5 players in.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 11:48:30 AM
At 11/13/2014 10:29:43 AM, Unitomic wrote:
Utilitarianism is more a way of performig governmental actions rather then an actual System of Government. Like technocracy.
Yeah, I know. :P
And The game will go until we design it's time to end it. As for players, I'm wanting 5 players in.
Oh, okay.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 4:19:13 PM
I'll join.

Nation:
Shi-Ki

Government:
Parliamentary Monarch (Monarch is supreme)
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 8:05:15 PM
I'm in.
Nation: Holy Kingdom of Mike
Type of nation: Cult of Mike (fictional religion founded by a man named Mike), Totalitarian government ruled by Mike
(I'm serious.)
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 8:14:00 PM
At 11/13/2014 8:05:15 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I'm in.
Type of nation: Cult of Mike (fictional religion founded by a man named Mike), Totalitarian government ruled by Mike
(I'm serious.)

Erm...I think you need to choose a type of government, not totalitarianism... O_O
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 8:14:18 PM
At 11/13/2014 12:13:28 AM, Unitomic wrote:
Introduction:

Gameplay:

Rules:

==Unitomic==

Is my entry at this point okay?

The DDO Blog:

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 8:14:44 PM
At 11/13/2014 8:14:00 PM, RevNge wrote:
I'm in.
(I'm serious.)

Erm...I think you need to choose a type of government, not totalitarianism... O_O

Dictatorship

The DDO Blog:

Unitomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 8:16:39 PM
At 11/13/2014 8:14:44 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I'm in.
(I'm serious.)

Dictatorship

You need a more serious name for your nation. And what form of Dictatorship?
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 8:20:13 PM
At 11/13/2014 8:16:39 PM, Unitomic wrote:
At 11/13/2014 8:14:44 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I'm in.
(I'm serious.)

Dictatorship

You need a more serious name for your nation. And what form of Dictatorship?

Absolute Monarchy (though he's more of a Supreme Leader who they all worship), Theocracy.
Kingdom of the Sanctified Grounds

The DDO Blog:

Unitomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 8:32:24 PM
Just one more person now.

UNDERSTAND EVERYONE. Your nations government type WILL affect your beginning stats. The reasoning for your stats will all be listed when you receive them in your opening PM. After which you may quickly change your government type if you desire.