3rd place: TP

DP1: http://www.debate.org...
DP2: http://www.debate.org...
DP3: http://www.debate.org...
DP4: http://www.debate.org...
DP5: http://www.debate.org...
DP6: http://www.debate.org...

TOWN

Geographia (1) - Geographia, you are COMBEFERRE. As the philosophy of the revolution, you have an innate sense of right and wrong. You seek the best for society, supporting the raising of moral standards. You support revolution only with the temperament of civilization. Therefore, you are the COP. Each night, you may choose a player to investigate and learn their affiliation. You win with the revolution.

9spaceking - 9Space, you are MONSIEUR MABEUF. A bookish old man, you prefer gardening to politics. You fear weapons, never allowing them anywhere around you. Nonetheless, something you can't explain drew you to the site of the revolution. You are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the revolution.

Daltonian - Dalton and Lucky, you are ENJOLRAS. Passionate and fierce, you are the heart and soul of the revolution. You walk the earth like an angel of justice, yet nothing can distract you from your pursuit of liberty and justice for France. You would do anything to bring about justice. Therefore you are the JOAT. Each night, you may activate ONE of the following abilities. You win with the revolution.

1x vig
1x doc
1x rally (this will protect all members of the ABC Cafe from all actions for one night)
1x motivate (allows another player to use their action twice in one night).

Adam/Ajabi/TN05 - TN05, you are GRANTAIRE. You are skeptical of the revolution, but something about Enjolras enthralls you, inspiring you to stick around anyway. He makes you whole. You would lay down your life for Enjolras, but your penchant for wine makes you despicable in his eyes. Your drinking is a habit you cannot change, even for him. Therefore you are the DRUNK. Each night, you may select one player and prevent them from taking any actions. You win with the revolution.

Jonbonbon/Khaos (2) - Khaos, you are COSETTE. Sweet and innocent, you won the heart of your dear adoptive father and your sweetheart, Marius. The moment you saw him, you knew he was the one, though your status as a woman in France allows you to do little more than love and be loved. Therefore you are the BELOVED PRINCESS. If you are lynched, the next day phase will be skipped. If you are killed at night, the next night phase will be skipped. You win with the revolution.

XLAV - XLAV, you are FAUCHELEVENT. After getting run over by a cart, you retreated to a convent where, despite being a male, the nuns agreed to take you in. You withdrew from the world, , but never hesitated to shelter those who needed sanctuary. You are the HIDER. Each night, you may target one player and hide behind them. If you are targeted while hiding, you will be immune. If the player you hide behind is mafia, you will die. If the player you hide behind is targeted by an action, it will instead hit you. You win with the revolution.

Krieg/YYW - YYW, you are JOLY. You studied medicine with the intention of helping people, but your studies largely convinced you that you were always chronically ill. You are always fearful for your own health, but despite this hypochondria, you still feel for others. When not gloomy, you are eccentric and likable, to the point where your friends call you Jollly. Therefore, you are the DOCTOR. Each night, you may target one player and protect them from all lethal actions for that night. You win with the revolution.

numberwang (1) - Number, you are Bishop Charles Francois-Bienvenu Myriel (Bishop Myriel). An elderly and Christian man, you have spent your life in service to God and the Church. You fulfill your duties as an honest and good Christian, helping the humble and the meek, offering comfort to those in need. You are the PRIEST. You will passively learn the roles of any players who target you. You win with the revolution.

PotBelliedGeek/numberwang (2) - number, you are EPONINE. As a child, your parents pampered and spoiled you. However, as you grew older, you learned of their wicked ways and even joined them at times, becoming an unofficial member of your father's gang. However, your love for Marius led you to resist your parents' evil. Because of your association with them, however, you are the MILLER. You investigate guilty to investigative roles. You win with the revolution.

debateability - Debate, you are FANTINE. A single mother, you struggle day in and day out to support your daughter. No matter what hardships you go through, you endure them for her sake, hoping that one day, things will improve, and you will be able to reunite with her. Therefore, you are the DREAMER. Each night, if you are not visited, you will dream of 3 players, at least one of whom is scum. You win with the revolution.

Ford_prefect - Ford, you are MARIUS. A young and bright student, you strongly supported the revolution with your friends until love intervened. One look at Cosette, and suddenly your heart was hers. You chose to fight with your friends anyway, even saving the barricade by threatening to blow up a powder keg and kill everyone. Therefore you are the MEGABOMB. If you are killed at night, each player who visited you will die as well. You win with the revolution.

MAFIA

RevNge - Rev, you are CLAQUESOUS. A prominent member of the gang Patron-Minette, you are skilled in all things criminal and have mastered the art of disguise. Though you can conceal your physical appearance, you remain sadistic and enjoy the deaths of others. You are the MIMIC. One time only, you may target another player and copy their role. You win with the mafia. (Mimicked Krieg and so became a doctor).

Wylted - Wylted, you are JAVERT. Obsessed with following the law to the letter, you have centered your life around its enforcement. Yet somehow criminals seem to keep manipulating you. Because of your legal connections, you are the ROLE COP. Each night, you may target a player and learn their role. You win with the monarchy.

Danielle/Geo (2) - Geo, you are BAMATABOIS. A wealthy, leery pimp, you are able to deflect the suspicion of the law because of your class and your status as a juror. You know you can manipulate the police as you will. Therefore, you are the GODFATHER and will appear innocent to investigative roles. Furthermore, you are the FRAMER. Each night, you can frame another player to appear guilty to investigative roles. You win with the monarchy.

Lannan - Lannan, you are MONSIEUR GILLENORMAND. An elderly man, your loyalties lie with the monarchy, and your grandson's proclivity toward revolution frightens you because you disapproved of the revolution. Now fairly well-off, you're quite happy with the status quo. For this, you son considers you what you are: a TRAITOR. Though you do not share a PM with them, you win with the mafia. You win with the monarchy.

TP:

Khaos (1) - Khaos, you are THENARDIER. The scum of the earth, you revel in your villainy. You know you're destined for hell and therefore determined to enjoy every second you have on earth. Greed drives you more than any other passion, and you've excelled at swindling others. The revolution and the monarchy mean nothing to you so long as you can profit.. You are the SURVIVOR. You win with whichever side first achieves their win condition.

You also have a 1x BP ability.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:21:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Night Actions NP 1:
XLAV - hide Jon (success)
Krieg/YYW - forfeit
Ajabi/TN05 - forfeit
Daltonian - forfeit
Wylted - role cop Krieg/YYW (success)
Rev - mimic XLAV (failed)
Danielle - frame XLAV, kill Debateability (frame failed)
Geo - cop Daltonian (success)

Night Actions NP 2:
XLAV - hide Wylted (success)
Krieg/YYW - forfeit
Ajabi/TN05 - roleblock Khaos (1) (success)
Daltonian - vig Khaos (1) (success)
Rev - kill Geo, mimic Krieg/YYW (success)
Wyled - role cop XLAV (failed)
Danielle - frame Dalton (success)
Geo - cop XLAV (failed)

Night Actions NP 3:
Krieg/YYW - doc Pots (success)
Ajabi/TN05 - roleblock YYW (failure)
Daltonian - rally (success)
Rev - Kill Ford, doc self (kill failed)
Geo - frame Dalton (frame failed)

Night Actions NP 4:
Krieg/YYW - doc self (success)
Daltonian - doc self (success)
Rev - Kill YYW, doc self (kill failed)
Geo - frame Ajabi (success)

Night Actions NP 5:
Daltonian - motivate Khaos (2) (success)
Geo - Kill Ford, frame Ajabi (both successful)
Rev - doc self (success)
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:31:41 PM
MOD THOUGHTS

Well...that game did not go AT ALL as planned.

First of all, Act 2 NEVER came about. I still don't understand how. I even deliberately set up 50% of the way there - Debate's (Fantine's) death. The other necessity to reach Act II was the death of Enjolras (Daltonian). It never happened.

Had we reached Act II, roles would have shifted. Here is what people would have had had Act II happened.

Marius (Ford) - tracker
Cosette (Jonbonbon/Khaos 2) - Innocent Child confirmed Act II, DP 3
Bishop Myriel (number 1) - PGO
Combeferre (Geo) - Librarian (functions like jailor), popular
Joly (Krieg/YYW) - watcher
Grantaire (Ajabi/TN05) - hated
Fauchelevent (XLAV) - bulletproof
Monsieur Malibouf (9space) - vigilante
Eponine (Pots/numberwang 2) - virgin
Monsieur Gillenormand (Lannan) - vanilla, now wins with town.

Javert (Wylted) - tailor
Bamatabois (Danielle/Geo) - redirector
Claquesous (Rev) - ninja

Thenardier (Khaos) - solo win survivor, now investigates innocent, retains BP ability.

I double-checked the balance of both setups with Airmax, so hopefully the game was balanced enough. It WAS my first time modding, so any feedback there is definitely appreciated!

I find it difficult to find an MVP player with so much inactivity. Poor Rev was working all on his own, since his teammates really didn't appear to care about the game at all. He tried so hard. Docing himself left and right.

Mafia were, in fact, told the town wincon at the start of the game. They were also given the safe fake claim of Gavroche.

The main character, Jean Valjean, was not in the game. Mafia could have discovered that as a fake claim, had they been more active.

All in all, I think it was a good game. It certainly could have gone worse. Let me know what you guys thought!
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:39:18 PM
Why was Rev's WINCON different from the other mafia?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:39:58 PM
At 11/15/2014 4:39:18 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

It was a typo from when I wanted him to be a usurper. But then I changed my mind but never changed the PM.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:40:06 PM
At 11/15/2014 4:31:41 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
MOD THOUGHTS

AMEN, BROTHER!
First of all, Act 2 NEVER came about. I still don't understand how. I even deliberately set up 50% of the way there - Debate's (Fantine's) death. The other necessity to reach Act II was the death of Enjolras (Daltonian). It never happened.

Ohhh...meh, Dalton was practically a Vanilla, so I didn't really bother killing him last NP. What a mistake that was judging from this DP. LOL
Had we reached Act II, roles would have shifted. Here is what people would have had had Act II happened.
Seriously? O_O
Marius (Ford) - tracker

Javert (Wylted) - tailor
Claquesous (Rev) - ninja

Thenardier (Khaos) - solo win survivor, now investigates innocent, retains BP ability.

Poor Endark. Planned out so many things and never got to use them due to Mafia inactivity. LOL
I double-checked the balance of both setups with Airmax, so hopefully the game was balanced enough. It WAS my first time modding, so any feedback there is definitely appreciated!

Meh. I thought Mafia was a little underpowered, and the TP had no chance of living in the NP, but it was fairly balanced.

I find it difficult to find an MVP player with so much inactivity. Poor Rev was working all on his own, since his teammates really didn't appear to care about the game at all. He tried so hard. Docing himself left and right.

LOL, I made a mistake when not Doctoring Geo last NP. Unfortunately, if I got lynched, the game would be held up for eternity since Geo wouldn't have done a single thing, and there would have to be another replacement.

Oh, and Wylted, Dani, and Geo: Thank you for being such faithful scum buddies. You should have known better than to let Rev take over the entire scum reads. T^T
Mafia were, in fact, told the town wincon at the start of the game. They were also given the safe fake claim of Gavroche.

Mmrgh. Dat slip tho.
The main character, Jean Valjean, was not in the game. Mafia could have discovered that as a fake claim, had they been more active.

Well, there was no one to use it anyway. I already used Gavroche and WYLTED F*CKING GOT HIMSELF LYNCHED DUE TO THAT SLIP. And Geo was inactive as hell.
All in all, I think it was a good game. It certainly could have gone worse. Let me know what you guys thought!

You're being way too optimistic, Endark...if I was the mod of this game, I'd have made up my mind to never mod again...LOL
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:41:01 PM
At 11/15/2014 4:39:58 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 11/15/2014 4:39:18 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

I wanted him to fail wondrously and laugh at all of his slips.

Fix'd
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:42:05 PM
At 11/15/2014 4:40:06 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/15/2014 4:31:41 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
MOD THOUGHTS

AMEN, BROTHER!

Ohhh...meh, Dalton was practically a Vanilla, so I didn't really bother killing him last NP. What a mistake that was judging from this DP. LOL
Seriously? O_O
Marius (Ford) - tracker

Javert (Wylted) - tailor
Claquesous (Rev) - ninja

Poor Endark. Planned out so many things and never got to use them due to Mafia inactivity. LOL

Meh. I thought Mafia was a little underpowered, and the TP had no chance of living in the NP, but it was fairly balanced.

LOL, I made a mistake when not Doctoring Geo last NP. Unfortunately, if I got lynched, the game would be held up for eternity since Geo wouldn't have done a single thing, and there would have to be another replacement.

Oh, and Wylted, Dani, and Geo: Thank you for being such faithful scum buddies. You should have known better than to let Rev take over the entire scum reads. T^T

Mmrgh. Dat slip tho.

Well, there was no one to use it anyway. I already used Gavroche and WYLTED F*CKING GOT HIMSELF LYNCHED DUE TO THAT SLIP. And Geo was inactive as hell.

You're being way too optimistic, Endark...if I was the mod of this game, I'd have made up my mind to never mod again...LOL

Well, I have a GREAT idea for my next custom game. And since it's custom, theme analysis won't be too helpful.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:44:58 PM
At 11/15/2014 4:42:05 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Well, I have a GREAT idea for my next custom game. And since it's custom, theme analysis won't be too helpful.

Lucky's going to repeat what he said from the Signups in that game's Signups...
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:46:42 PM
At 11/15/2014 4:44:58 PM, RevNge wrote:

That game will have a better player pool. This one was inactive because most people didn't know/didn't like the theme.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:48:20 PM
At 11/15/2014 4:46:42 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 11/15/2014 4:44:58 PM, RevNge wrote:

That game will have a better player pool. This one was inactive because most people didn't know/didn't like the theme.

*pats Endark's shoulder*

I liked the theme. o3o

Well then, make sure you don't include some people... *cough**cough*Geo*cough*
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 5:42:32 PM
Yeah overall I would say mafia was somewhat underpowered. Maybe that would have changed if act 2 had come round. Rev did a good job considering his teammates sucked or were inactive.

Agree with endark that there was no clear MVP, but towns 3 best players were me, dalton and khaos. Pots and XLAV had a good DP1 but faded after that.

GG all and thanks endark for modding
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 5:48:58 PM
This explains Rev's jump of town play in the last few weeks.
Also, I'd have bought Govorche, since, in the musical anyway, he followed Javert while he was a spy, when he was acting like a spy. look up 'little people"

It could have worked.
What really didn't help, though, Rev, was that your results confirmed Dalton.
He was already more than likely town via role analysis with the mega doc (since we had a weak doctor), however, you confirmed and Dalton's actions, as did TN05 (drunk), confirm him as well.

The reason Khaos1 did is that TN05 RB'd my BP, and Dalton shoot me. This could have been assumed by the number of deaths.

ER, why those deaths to bring Act 2?

The game seems balanced, but more balanced in Act 2, which had little chance of occurring, when you think about it. I think mafia needed a better PR or even another goon. They were outnumber 11:4, not knowing who their mystery teammate was.

The best move, hindsight is always 20/20, but still a great move, would have been to mimick Geo, and be framer and godfather. Then, the cop doesn't need to be worried at all.

Players, HAHAHA!!!!, I told you about the wincon. I told you about the fake claim.
Mod, I think if you are going to have fake claims, it should be with a "big" character, like Valjean, so they can use it. Otherwise, claiming a major character last is exactly what Danielle bemoans.
My work here is, finally, done.