CLASSIK MAFIA - Day Phase 1

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 5:16:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Welcome to Classik Mafia!

For the most part standard rules apply, though I may include modifications at the start of every day phase. I reserve the right to prompt game related activity incentives or other penalties. No copy-and-pasting Role PMs. No talking after the DP ends. Feel free to ask me any other questions publicly and/or privately as they arise, and I will answer accordingly. I might also post some answers publicly for universal clarity.

The list of potential roles in this game are pretty much as follows:

[ Possible MAFIA ]
Godfather, Role Blocker, Role Cop, Role Investigator, Ninja, Framer, Lookout, Scout, Janitor, Strongman, Lawyer, Bus Driver, Traitor, Yakuza, Sibling, Lover

[ Possible THIRD PARTY ]
Survivor, Killer, Serial Killer, Sibling, Lover, Cult Recruiter, Martyr, Paranoid Gun Owner

[ Possible TOWN ]
Cop, Paranoid Cop, Insane Cop, Naive Cop, Deputy, Jailkeeper, Mortician, Enabler, Doctor, Weak Doctor, Nurse, Bodyguard, Vigilante, Vampire, Voyeur, Friendly Neighbor, Drunk, Judge, Bleeder, Bulletproof, Mason Recruiter, Sensor, Oracle, Peaceful Protestor, Hated Townie, Popular Townie, Paranoid Gun Owner, Babysitter, Watcher, Mercenary, Detective, Tracker, Lover, Beloved Princess, Vanilla, Priest, Operator, Miller, Commuter, Body Builder, Politician, Governor, Sibling, Sibling

[ DAY PHASE ONE RULES ]

To minimize fluff, there is a max of 200 posts allowed for Day Phase 1. Every player must post a minimum of 3 posts of substance (tbd by me) to avoid replacement and/or penalty. If a consensus and/or the post limit is not reached by Thursday at 10 pm EST, the day phase will end in a No Lynch.

You need 9 votes to carry out a lynch.

[ LIVING PLAYERS ]

01. Bullish
02. Daltonian
03. Maikuru
04. XLAV
05. bossy
06. TN05
07. mortsdor
08. Wylted
09. TUF
10. VelCrow
11. EndarkenedRationalist
12. RevNge
13. socialpinko
14. airmax1227
15. khaos_mage
16. UchihaMadara

I will begin sending roles out now... good luck!
President of DDO
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 5:48:45 PM
Looks like I'm going to be the first post...

We have post restrictions, meaning each post should be quantitative.

Are there any SOP claims? There are a good portion of roles that I don't recognize in that list.

Here are three things of note from the OP:
- There is a PGO on the TP list. How normal is this?
- There are quite a few connected pairs (sibling, lover, etc)
- The "pretty much" at the top of the in-game roles list & the emphasis placed on it.

I actually like the majority of this player pool, but there are a few names that stick out as possibly inactive whom I'd like to get a claim from now rather than later. VTL Velcrow.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 6:03:27 PM
At 11/18/2014 5:58:34 PM, XLAV wrote:
Joining the bandwaggon.

VTL Velcrow

I was hoping you'd be able to make a more substantial post than that... XD

VTL VelCrow

Uchiha's probably the next inactive and noob-ish, so we'll need claims from him too.

Anyway, I agree with Dalton. I don't like the possibilities of Sibling or Lover in this game....
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 6:09:14 PM
Might not be available to post much for a bit I have quite a bit of OT. But I'll pop in when I can and let TV take the rails as well.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 6:48:04 PM
Vtl Velcrow

As I said in the sign-ups, I won't be as active as I've been in past games, but that works well with the 200 post limit. We should be thoughtful with posts, but don't refrain from posting if you have something to say. DP1 of Adventurer Mafia was 200 posts. It can be done!

@ Dalt, I've never seen a TP PGO. I also don't think all the listings of lovers and siblings means there are multiple pairs. Those roles would have to be listed under more than one faction or else knowing the affil of one tells you the affil of the other.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 6:55:11 PM
Yeah!!
I think one of my roles is in the game.

Anyway, since we only have 200 posts, that means I'm not posting much this DP.
I hear your sighs of relief.

I am hurt by Bullish's comment earlier, so I'd like to hear his role.
Vendetta!!!

I also do not like XLAV's waste of a post.
So, let's just say Bullish, XLAV, Dalton, bossy, and ER are scum.
I assume five scum.

VTL Bullish

Oh, and I welcome death, so I need no protection.
My work here is, finally, done.
VelCrow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 7:01:55 PM
unvote please. I will definitely be more active in this game. as i said in the other game where i was inactive over the weekend it was because i was attending a conference.
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 7:02:55 PM
[ MOD NOTE ]

TUF and tvellalott are playing as a hydra.

Someone has asked me about the following roles in particular. Indeed a few roles listed were made up by DDO members. Mercenary was a role created by the user Korashk. A Mercenary is hired into a PM with another player. An example of how the role could be used is that one might be hired into a PM with the third person to vote for them, or hired into a PM with the second person who posts in the day phase, etc.

The Body Builder is another role created by a former DDO member, mongeese. They start with no votes, but each day they survive the power of their vote will increase. The mod may say every 2 days their vote power increases by 1, for example. Or maybe starting on day phase 4, their vote may count as 3 votes.

The Peaceful Protester can stage a sit-in in front of someone's house each night phase, preventing all night actions from targeting them, including kills. The Detective can investigate a player's house and find objects or clues related to their role. For instance, they might find a gun in someone's house. The player they investigate might be a vigilante, cop, serial killer, or even a role blocked paranoid gun owner. The Detective can investigate them again for more clues if they so choose. An Operator can message another player during the night.

Let me know if any other roles need clarification. Mod Notes won't count toward the post count, obviously.

[ VOTE COUNT ]

VelCrow (Daltonian, XLAV, ReveNge, Maikuru) - 4/9
Bullish (Khaos) - 1/9
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 8:08:46 PM
[ MOD NOTE ]

Someone asked about the Judge. I created the role awhile back. A (usually random) player, typically one at a time, would be put on trial during the NP in front of the Judge. The Judge would be able to choose to kill them (rule guilty) or let them live (rule innocent).
President of DDO
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 9:17:23 PM
I know the post limit is scary, but the DP still ends on Thursday and we need activity. A post limit doesn't mean don't post, just don't spam. Danielle still needs at least 3 substantive posts from everyone.

@ Velcrow, you should go ahead and claim.

@ Khaos, why not vote for xlav rather than bullish?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 9:32:08 PM
At 11/18/2014 9:17:23 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I know the post limit is scary, but the DP still ends on Thursday and we need activity. A post limit doesn't mean don't post, just don't spam. Danielle still needs at least 3 substantive posts from everyone.

@ Velcrow, you should go ahead and claim.
Yes, do.

@ Khaos, why not vote for xlav rather than bullish?
Because Bullish hurt me, and XLAV is often an idiot, and the more anti-town he is, usually the more likely he is town. But, I refuse to say he is town for being anti-town.
My work here is, finally, done.
UchihaMadara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 10:11:52 PM
At 11/18/2014 6:03:27 PM, RevNge wrote:

Uchiha's probably the next inactive and noob-ish, so we'll need claims from him too.

I plan on being relatively active...
I don't think it would be Pro-town for me to claim yet. My role can come in handy.

@VelCrow:
claim or I'll vote

@Danielle:
Why you do dis post limit T.T

@Khaos:
I don't see why you would target Bullish... XLAV or VelCrow would be better, for the reasons you yourself stated.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 10:31:56 PM
If none of y'all are gonna be active then I'll be.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 10:36:51 PM
At 11/18/2014 5:48:45 PM, Daltonian wrote:
Looks like I'm going to be the first post...

We have post restrictions, meaning each post should be quantitative.

Are there any SOP claims? There are a good portion of roles that I don't recognize in that list.

Here are three things of note from the OP:
- There is a PGO on the TP list. How normal is this?

Back when I started playing (and when Danielle was more active) I'd seen it a few times.

- There are quite a few connected pairs (sibling, lover, etc)

Chances are there's only one pair (if that) in the game. Two would be town heavy with the all the possible confirmations. Scum might find it expedient to claim one if they don't show up which might make confirmation useful later in the game.

- The "pretty much" at the top of the in-game roles list & the emphasis placed on it.

I'd still insta-lynch anyone who claims something not on the list. Like the lynch all liars policy, scum are more likely than town to break it. Though older players know I didn't always jive well with that policy so exceptions are possible I suppose.

I actually like the majority of this player pool, but there are a few names that stick out as possibly inactive whom I'd like to get a claim from now rather than later. VTL Velcrow.
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 10:39:12 PM
Joining the bandwaggon.

VTL Velcrow

VTL VelCrow

Anyway, I agree with Dalton. I don't like the possibilities of Sibling or Lover in this game....

VTL Rev for claim. Called out an unsubstantial post while failing to capitalize on it. It's Dp1, doesn't matter who we pressure right now. Town mindset should be to swarm on anything possibly suspicious during Dp1. We need claims so we should try if best to at least find reasons for them amongst Dp1 interactions. This is more of a reason for a claim than a bandwagon.
:
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 10:42:52 PM
At 11/18/2014 10:31:56 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Sorry, there's a very time constrained mafia game that I and a few others in this game are partaking in simultaneously. Activity will soar once it's over.

I've only played one mafia game modded by Danielle before, and from that I've garnered that she places a lot of emphasis on things stated in her OP - I might just be being superstitious but I reckon that is indicative of something.

I've also only played one game with Vel before, and he was inactive in it. Granted, it may have been out of his control, but judging the rest of the player pool will likely prove more reliable to interact with throughout the game, I want to get him out of the way first.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 10:44:25 PM
At 11/18/2014 10:42:52 PM, Daltonian wrote:
Sorry, there's a very time constrained mafia game that I and a few others in this game are partaking in simultaneously. Activity will soar once it's over.

I've only played one mafia game modded by Danielle before, and from that I've garnered that she places a lot of emphasis on things stated in her OP - I might just be being superstitious but I reckon that is indicative of something.

I've also only played one game with Vel before, and he was inactive in it. Granted, it may have been out of his control, but judging the rest of the player pool will likely prove more reliable to interact with throughout the game, I want to get him out of the way first.

If we have a post limit then it makes more sense to reckon with people here and now. No use putting up a bandwagon for someone who might not show up in the first place.
:
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 11:33:55 PM
At 11/18/2014 6:55:11 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Yeah!!
I think one of my roles is in the game.

Anyway, since we only have 200 posts, that means I'm not posting much this DP.
I hear your sighs of relief.

I am hurt by Bullish's comment earlier, so I'd like to hear his role.
Vendetta!!!

I also do not like XLAV's waste of a post.
So, let's just say Bullish, XLAV, Dalton, bossy, and ER are scum.
I assume five scum.

VTL Bullish

Oh, and I welcome death, so I need no protection.

Is there any reasoning behind that list? Does it accomplish anything? You literally picked five names out of thin air (and fairly flimsy DP1 reads). It adds nothing except for the illusion that you're doing something useful, and, as such, I really don't like it. If it was random (and it basically was), why did you even post it? It's just useless clutter.

Justify yourself, please.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 11:46:00 PM
At 11/18/2014 10:42:52 PM, Daltonian wrote:

Keep it in mind for the future, sure, but it can't help us right now and we have no way of knowing her intent. It's more likely than not that all in-game roles are listed, so, until we see something to the contrary, what she wrote shouldn't be considered as indicating anything.

If you have nothing on him except that he's usually inactive, then why would he be any more cooperative now than anytime else? If the answer is that he won't be, what do we gain by pressuring him now rather than later? I mean, I'm fine with pressuring new players first and such (and I think that, in this lineup, Velcrow is relatively new), but making it sop to pressure inactives is no better than randomly pressuring.

Since we're basically just randomly pressuring anyway, and since I have a bit of a problem with Khaos's post, Vote To Lynch Khaos. That soft-claim thing he did isn't enough (and it was also pointless and incredibly open to wifom-type analysis, which is just annoying and unbeneficial). Full-claim, please.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 12:21:34 AM
Velcrow is being pressured, is aware, yet is refusing to claim.

VTL Velcrow

Velcrow is as good a choice as any, and the fact that he posted without claiming makes me believe even more so that he should claim.

So Velcrow, please Klaim.

Otherwise there hasn't been much substantive activity.

Spinko seems to be doing his best to spurn action and his statement about finding reasons for pressure (in contrast to bandwagons) reads townish to me.

Daltonian had the first post, makes a reasonable assessment of the game/OP and decided to pressure Velcrow due to his perception of Velcrow being generally inactive. I'm mostly null on this - there isn't any useful analysis (it's only post #1) but it served it's purpose.

XLAV bandwagon'd on the vote of Velcrow. He could have offered something but didn't, though it was only post #2.

Rev voted for Velcrow, which again, seems reasonable to me. He then offered some thoughts on another inactive (Uchiha) and game role dynamics. Nothing too substantive, but no fluff. Null read.

Maikuru votes for Velcrow and said some stuff. Nothing too useful, but didn't waste his post. Maikuru's second post was reasonable and more substantive. Null.

Khaos voted for Bullish for reasons beyond my understanding. I don't really understand most of his post, so i can't say much about it aside from that. He picked what seems like 5 random players as scum, which seems scummy, and if I didn't already know that this was Khaos's particular brand of scummy play-style, I might actually think it was scummy.

Uchiha soft claims a useful role... Threatens to vote for Velcrow (but doesn't for some reason - he's got 3 votes and it takes 9 to lynch... there's plenty more pressure to be had). He does ask a reasonable question of Khaos though. Null.

Anyways, I have no real reads at this early stage but wanted to post something (which might be mostly fluff) rather than just VTLing Velcrow and nothing else - so there it is.
Debate.org Moderator
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 12:37:09 AM
At 11/19/2014 12:21:34 AM, airmax1227 wrote:to me.

Khaos voted for Bullish for reasons beyond my understanding. I don't really understand most of his post, so i can't say much about it aside from that. He picked what seems like 5 random players as scum, which seems scummy, and if I didn't already know that this was Khaos's particular brand of scummy play-style, I might actually think it was scummy.

I really, really don't understand this type of reasoning. It, essentially, gives a pass to all scummy behavior if the actor is consistently scummy. It tried to deflect from the fact that the behavior is still scummy on its own merits . If Khaos is anti-town in all his games, punish him for it - don't conform around him.

Khaos is Khaos, sure, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he's Khaos. You know as well as I do that, if he had never played a game with us before, half of the stuff he pulled in the past would have gotten him insta-lynched. I'm inclined to treat him as a faceless player to avoid these pointless justification for bad play.

I also want to add that Velcrow should claim sometime soon (why not - pressure is already on him and he's as good as any random target), but, if I had to choose between them (and I don't), I would much prefer Khaos's claim.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 12:47:00 AM
At 11/19/2014 12:37:09 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 11/19/2014 12:21:34 AM, airmax1227 wrote:to me.

I really, really don't understand this type of reasoning. It, essentially, gives a pass to all scummy behavior if the actor is consistently scummy. It tried to deflect from the fact that the behavior is still scummy on its own merits . If Khaos is anti-town in all his games, punish him for it - don't conform around him.

I'd agree, so long as the behavior is anti-town. This wasn't anti town, it was just random scummyness. There was pretty much no value in it whatsoever, which is scummy, but that's about it. I think it warrants a claim though, which I agree we should pressure for - and I'll pressure for it once we get Velcrow's claim.

Khaos is Khaos, sure, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he's Khaos. You know as well as I do that, if he had never played a game with us before, half of the stuff he pulled in the past would have gotten him insta-lynched. I'm inclined to treat him as a faceless player to avoid these pointless justification for bad play.

I believe I've only played in one game with him, so I don't know the extent of this, just his reputation. I'll have no problem pushing a lynch of him if it's warranted, rather than being dismissive of it because 'Khaos is Khaos'. If his playstyle leads to a mislynch it's only his fault.

I also want to add that Velcrow should claim sometime soon (why not - pressure is already on him and he's as good as any random target), but, if I had to choose between them (and I don't), I would much prefer Khaos's claim.

I want Velcrow to claim and Khaos might as well claim too. I don't care for one claim over the other other - though discouraging anti-town scummyness by making the claim demand SOP works for me as a meta thing.
Debate.org Moderator
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 3:41:30 AM
Leaning town on Uchiha, Dalt and Spinko.

Leaning scum on Airmax. I'm down for his lynch.

I also want Khaos to claim after Vel does.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 3:52:56 AM
VTL social pinko

What does he have? Like 5 posts right next to each other within minutes when we have a 200 post limit. All of those posts could have been condensed into 1, I'm not sure the motive there.
VelCrow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 4:06:14 AM
If i have a role that is beneficial to town, but it loses its benefit once mafia learns of it, do you still want me to claim? Answer this question. If yes i will full claim. if no then tell me what details you need.
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 4:17:21 AM
At 11/19/2014 4:06:14 AM, VelCrow wrote:
If i have a role that is beneficial to town, but it loses its benefit once mafia learns of it, do you still want me to claim? Answer this question. If yes i will full claim. if no then tell me what details you need.

Who do you think is scum? Town?

Also, Vel looks good. Going to Khaos.
Unvote
VTL Khaos
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 6:16:25 AM
At 11/18/2014 10:39:12 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Joining the bandwaggon.

VTL Velcrow

VTL VelCrow

VTL Rev for claim. Called out an unsubstantial post while failing to capitalize on it. It's Dp1, doesn't matter who we pressure right now. Town mindset should be to swarm on anything possibly suspicious during Dp1. We need claims so we should try if best to at least find reasons for them amongst Dp1 interactions. This is more of a reason for a claim than a bandwagon.

I'm going to assume that you don't know anything about my meta. My role isn't particularly useful, but we need claims from the most inactive players first. It matters who we pressure, especially with a post limit.

Besides, I thought you could tell that I wasn't entirely serious with the XD...

O_O
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 7:09:28 AM
[ vote count ]

VelCrow (Daltonian, ReveNge, Maikuru, Airmax) - 4/9
Bullish (Khaos) - 1/9
RevNge (spinko) - 1/9
spinko (Wylted) - 1/9