Total Posts:93|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Boy Band Mafia - Day Phase 2

YYW
Posts: 36,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 9:48:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
DP1 Results:

Honest was lynched. He was guilty.

Honest: JOAT - 2x Stalker, 2x Scout - Bieber. You have many, many talents. You can play a variety of different instruments, and do so well. You're also a fairly talented singer -even though you're childishness and immaturity will very likely ruin your career before you're even out of puberty. Thus, you have two abilities: Stalker - Each night you may select another player. You will learn their role (but not affiliation). Scout - Each night you may select another player. You will learn who they visited, but not what action(s) they took.

NP1 Results:

XLAV died in the night. He was innocent.

XLAV: Hunter - Backstreet Boys. Your group was formed in 1993, and you were huge in the 90s. You hit a rough patch after the new millennium, but now you've all got your acts together since 2007's Unbreakable album even if your music is still as cheesy as it was when YYW was in elementary school. Because you're on a series of comeback tours, you're the hunter. If lynched, you may select another person to die.

Let the next DP begin!
Tsar of DDO
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 9:56:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Cool.
Rev is innocent. I hid behind him last night.
I didn't want to out my role, since I made it obvious my target was Rev.

So, me, 9space, rev, esocial, and Nymph are all town.
Wylted is 90% town, as I can see Wylted CC'ing a free fake claim.

I'm down to lynch anyone outside that pile.

I probably won't be posting much this DP, for obvious reasons, but I will be watching.
I trust this isn't a problem, FT, since I can no be ignored, right?
My work here is, finally, done.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:12:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
How can you know Rev is innocent, Khaos, if you are a hider? Hiders dont discover affiliation?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:13:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 10:12:08 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
How can you know Rev is innocent, Khaos, if you are a hider? Hiders dont discover affiliation?

I'd die.
My work here is, finally, done.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:15:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 10:12:08 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
How can you know Rev is innocent, Khaos, if you are a hider? Hiders dont discover affiliation?

Explain to me what a hider is.
Would the results I got from Khaos actually be for Rev?
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:18:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 10:09:51 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
VTL Khaos
I cop'd him last night

Hm, you must be flavored or I was framed, then.
Why did you target me over an inactive?

The only thing I can say in my defense is that, if I was mafia, then I would not have added to a bandwagon to pressure mafia's role cop to claim first.
My work here is, finally, done.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:19:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Vote: Khaos

If Khaos were a hider, Yama should have received results on both Khaos and Rev.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:21:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
For the record, even if Khaos is a hider, that isn't role confirmation. I was a mafia hider once.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:21:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 10:15:03 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 11/23/2014 10:12:08 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
How can you know Rev is innocent, Khaos, if you are a hider? Hiders dont discover affiliation?

Explain to me what a hider is.

A hider chooses a person to hide behind. Any actions targeting that player instead target the hider, any actions targeting the hider, instead target the player they are hiding behind.

Would the results I got from Khaos actually be for Rev?

Khaos is claiming to die if he hides behind mafia. Therefore the guilty result could not have come from Rev, as Khaos would have died last night if Rev were scum. So either:

1) Khaos is scum
2) Khaos is naive in regards to dying(doesnt actually die)
3) You are scum
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:21:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 10:18:40 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/23/2014 10:09:51 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
VTL Khaos
I cop'd him last night

Hm, you must be flavored or I was framed, then.
Why did you target me over an inactive?
I had already hinted I had something planned for you in the NP.
The only thing I can say in my defense is that, if I was mafia, then I would not have added to a bandwagon to pressure mafia's role cop to claim first.
Pretty weak defense.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:23:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Yama shouldn't have received any results at all if he targeted Khaos.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:24:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 10:15:03 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 11/23/2014 10:12:08 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
How can you know Rev is innocent, Khaos, if you are a hider? Hiders dont discover affiliation?

Explain to me what a hider is.
Would the results I got from Khaos actually be for Rev?

Wait....maybe I'm flavored...because you shouldn't have gotten results on me at all.
Maybe I'm naive. Perhaps you were redirected.

Did anyone else target me?

A hider hides behind another player, and in this case, I die if I hide behind scum.
You should not have gotten a result on me at all, unless I didn't visit, which means I am flavored.

Framer and my flavor. What a bad combination :/
At least we got scum yesterday.

And, my justification is that I've been around for 20 years, won awards early, but no hiatus or changes, and steadily releasing music, which has gotten better.
Basically, I am hidden from the mainstream, but I can be found if you know where to look.

I guess that could mean I'm flavored, since if you look right at me, you find me, which you wouldn't look for a hider there.
My work here is, finally, done.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:25:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 10:21:14 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 11/23/2014 10:15:03 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 11/23/2014 10:12:08 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
How can you know Rev is innocent, Khaos, if you are a hider? Hiders dont discover affiliation?

Explain to me what a hider is.

A hider chooses a person to hide behind. Any actions targeting that player instead target the hider, any actions targeting the hider, instead target the player they are hiding behind.
Thanks
Would the results I got from Khaos actually be for Rev?

Khaos is claiming to die if he hides behind mafia. Therefore the guilty result could not have come from Rev, as Khaos would have died last night if Rev were scum. So either:
Could both Khaos and Rev be mafia?
1) Khaos is scum
Probably
2) Khaos is naive in regards to dying(doesnt actually die)
So.. like a Cop getting innocent for everyone?
3) You are scum
Nah. Bish just likes to give me ironic roles.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:26:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 10:19:44 AM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
Vote: Khaos

If Khaos were a hider, Yama should have received results on both Khaos and Rev.

Wouldnt it just be one though? Either way, Khaos reaction to Yamas result is a perfect example of a scum reaction.

As opposed to assuming Yama is lying as a townie would be apt to do, he instead assumes Yama is town, which is not something a townie would have the information to assume


VTL Khaos

for that sudden drop and a short stop
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:27:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 10:21:47 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 11/23/2014 10:18:40 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/23/2014 10:09:51 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
VTL Khaos
I cop'd him last night

Hm, you must be flavored or I was framed, then.
Why did you target me over an inactive?
I had already hinted I had something planned for you in the NP.
That doesn't explain why you didn't target someone else.
The only thing I can say in my defense is that, if I was mafia, then I would not have added to a bandwagon to pressure mafia's role cop to claim first.
Pretty weak defense.

I disagree.
I bussed my teammate with a valuable role DP1? That's uber risky.
If it was a framer, maybe, but a role cop/tracker? NP1 results would have been mighty important.
My work here is, finally, done.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:27:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 10:23:53 AM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
Yama shouldn't have received any results at all if he targeted Khaos.

On the assumption Khaos is Hider or something else?
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:30:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 10:26:37 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 11/23/2014 10:19:44 AM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
Vote: Khaos

If Khaos were a hider, Yama should have received results on both Khaos and Rev.

Wouldnt it just be one though?

I got it mixed up. If he targeted Rev, he would have received two results. If he targeted Khaos, he shouldn't have received any results. The possible explanations are: (1) Khaos is lying, (2) Yama is lying, (3) Yama was redirected, (4) Khaos isn't a hider and he was framed. Yama isn't lying. Mafia already lost one of their numbers, so he's town. That leaves options (1), (3), and (4). I think (1) is most plausible.

As opposed to assuming Yama is lying as a townie would be apt to do, he instead assumes Yama is town, which is not something a townie would have the information to assume

I don't think this is true. Khaos' reaction was mostly null. Town or mafia both make these kinds of assumptions, especially since it's pretty obvious Yama is town.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:30:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 10:26:37 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 11/23/2014 10:19:44 AM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
Vote: Khaos

If Khaos were a hider, Yama should have received results on both Khaos and Rev.

Wouldnt it just be one though? Either way, Khaos reaction to Yamas result is a perfect example of a scum reaction.

As opposed to assuming Yama is lying as a townie would be apt to do, he instead assumes Yama is town, which is not something a townie would have the information to assume


VTL Khaos

for that sudden drop and a short stop

I disagree, since with zero role claims, faking a guilty on town is stupid.
If this were DP4 and LYLO, of course. But, it's DP2, and the only roles outed are the dead and me and him. Why would Yama lie about being cop?
My work here is, finally, done.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:31:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Khaos, your partner was character CC'd. Ypu had no choice but to bus. As anyone else would have no choice but to do, lest they make it obvious they're scum.

Everyone lynch Khaos
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:34:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 10:31:09 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Khaos, your partner was character CC'd. Ypu had no choice but to bus. As anyone else would have no choice but to do, lest they make it obvious they're scum.

Everyone lynch Khaos

I added pressure to Honest on page 1 after I town read Esocial.
http://www.debate.org...

The CC was later, and my vote on Honest in response to Nymph was to show that he was the lynch.
My work here is, finally, done.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:39:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
If I VTL Khaos, will someone get on me for "not providing explanation?"
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:42:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Let's try Investigation mode for a second.

Truth - XLAV was nk'd
Assuming Khaos was the one who planned it, it makes sense.
Out of Nymph and XLAV - Both read as town by each other and experienced players
Mafia would have to kill between them, if their attention was focused on them.
Truth - In Khaos's case, it was.
Truth - He couldn't kill Nymph, as it would be a dead giveaway he did it.
So he decided to kill XLAV and blame and suspicion Nymph had on him as simply disliking him as a "person and a player".
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:46:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
As I said, my behavior is all I can use to defend myself from a frame job.

Post 28 I added pressure to Honest, because that is where Esocial's vote was, and I town read her.
Post 71 Wylted CC'd Honest
Post 72, even though my vote never changed before it, I emphasized to Nymph that Honest was being lynched, not me

Why would I add pressure to my scummate DP1 so early, when he has a very valuable role?

Outside of that, I character claimed early and role claimed early.
I gave my justification, and explain why I refused to role claim, outside of the obvious reasons. I wanted to say who I was hiding behind, so mafia did not target them if they were town.

That is a hell of a lot of groundwork to establish town cred.
Would someone who is terrible at this game be able to do that, Nymph?

I really thought Rev was scum, and since I am flavored, he still might be.
VTL Rev
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:48:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 10:39:58 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
If I VTL Khaos, will someone get on me for "not providing explanation?"

Probably not, but maybe.
You are trusting a cop result over my analyzing my behavior.
When I flip town, you may need to answer for that.
My work here is, finally, done.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:48:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
If Khaos is innocent:

1. Yama is paranoid or Khaos was framed, and Khaos can be targeted for night-actions even though he's a hider (he's flavored or he was rb'd).

2. Yama was redirected.

It's unlikely that Yama was redirected, so I'm not considering that further. If roles can target Khaos even when he's hiding, then his role doesn't work (he's flavored), or he was rb'd, plus we'd need the rare case of cop investigating the dude that mafia framed, or the rare case of cop being paranoid. All of these combinations are possible, but they aren't very probable.

I'm curious though if anyone else targeted Khaos. That might shed some light on his alignment.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:50:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 10:48:04 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/23/2014 10:39:58 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
If I VTL Khaos, will someone get on me for "not providing explanation?"

Probably not, but maybe.
You are trusting a cop result over my analyzing my behavior.
When I flip town, you may need to answer for that.

I'm analyzing: don't worry.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:54:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 10:42:24 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Let's try Investigation mode for a second.

Truth - XLAV was nk'd
Assuming Khaos was the one who planned it, it makes sense.
If he was read as town, it makes sense for anyone to kill him.
Out of Nymph and XLAV - Both read as town by each other and experienced players
And Nymph (same with Wylted) is more likely to be watched and/or protected, so again, go for XLAV.
Mafia would have to kill between them, if their attention was focused on them.
No, they don't.
By this logic, I'd kill Danielle because she town read me.
Mafia kills threats, and XLAV is a sheep to two very likely town players. And is one of the more active ones. Chances are, you are going to be targeted tonight.
Truth - In Khaos's case, it was.
Truth - He couldn't kill Nymph, as it would be a dead giveaway he did it.
All the more reason for mafia to kill Nymph to blame it on me, right?
No, mafia didn't kill either of us because they would hope we'd flame war and disrupt the DP.
So he decided to kill XLAV and blame and suspicion Nymph had on him as simply disliking him as a "person and a player".
Nymph didn't have much suspicion on me. He wanted me to claim, for his own personal motives. Read the DP, was laid out.

Going into the NP, it was clear me nor Nymph were going to die, also, not likely 9space, you, or Danielle, since they barely posted. Take out the 2-3 other scum, and there is only, what four players to choose from?
My work here is, finally, done.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:55:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Please do not hammer Khaos until at least everyone has posted and offered their thoughts. We have tons of time left so let's be patient and use it.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:56:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Welp, time for me to work again. Seriously tho, 78 hours this week between two jobs. Dem holidays.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion