Total Posts:354|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Boy Band Mafia - Day Phase 3

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 8:40:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
DP2 Results:

Khaos was lynched. He was guilty.

Khaos: Lawyer (3x) - Justin Timberlake. You were once a member of N'SYNC, but now you're doing your own thing. By any objective measure, you're better than the rest of them but you left your friends behind. Great for you, sucks for them because you carried them all the way before. But, what goes around comes around -as you sang in your 2006 song. In order to stay on top, you've got to show other people up, thus you are the Lawyer. Each night you may target another player. That player will appear as if they were sided with the Town to investigative roles.

NP2 Results:

Yama died in the night. He was innocent.

Yama: Cop - Simple Plan. You're just a kid, and life is a nightmare. Life is stressful, and all you can manage to do is learn the affiliations of the people you investigate. Each night you may select another player. You will learn if that player wins with the Town (innocent) or not (guilty).

Mod Note:

9space is mod-confirmed as town-affiliated.

Graveyard:

Honest - JOAT - Mafia
XLAV - Hunter - Town
Khaos - Lawyer - Mafia
Yama - Cop - Town

Let the DP begin!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 9:19:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm assuming mafia used a strongman on Yama.

Was watcher on Yama? They should have been.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 1:41:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/24/2014 9:19:40 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
I'm assuming mafia used a strongman on Yama.

Was watcher on Yama? They should have been.

Why is that? Did Yama claim cop last DP or something. If so I missed it.
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 5:27:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm still a little bit confused about Khaos hammering his vote on himself...
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 5:37:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 1:41:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/24/2014 9:19:40 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
I'm assuming mafia used a strongman on Yama.

Was watcher on Yama? They should have been.

Why is that? Did Yama claim cop last DP or something. If so I missed it.

-_- HOW COULD YOU MISS THAT?!

Did you even read the DP?!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 5:38:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
So one mafia and one TP left?

Reads everyone?

Also, doc, I didn't see you claim, but DO NOT!!!
IF THERE IS A STRONGMAN, HE WILL KILL YOU.
I REPEAT- DO *NOT* CLAIM!!!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 5:39:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
P.S. I think this confirms Nymph as not mafia, since there's *almost* no way Khaos and Nymph would've survived as scumbuddies without one of them storming off... If Nymph is mafia also though, I'll welcome him and Khaos to take a bow.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 5:53:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm not sure how much really should be taken from hammering himself.

The reason for doing as much is self-explanatory in the fact that Khaos, for whatever reason, wanted to suddenly end the day phase and/or wanted to produce WIFOM that would make us think as much.

By trying to analyze it, we are directly funneling into what scum would want us to be thinking. Looking at the DP outside Khaos's hammer, I'm most interested in Rev and Esocial. Particularly the former.

9space is town, Wylted is town.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 6:08:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 5:39:56 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
P.S. I think this confirms Nymph as not mafia, since there's *almost* no way Khaos and Nymph would've survived as scumbuddies without one of them storming off... If Nymph is mafia also though, I'll welcome him and Khaos to take a bow.

If they both were Mafia, they'd have been mod-killed already. :P
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 6:20:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 5:37:28 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 11/25/2014 1:41:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/24/2014 9:19:40 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
I'm assuming mafia used a strongman on Yama.

Was watcher on Yama? They should have been.

Why is that? Did Yama claim cop last DP or something. If so I missed it.

-_- HOW COULD YOU MISS THAT?!

Did you even read the DP?!

Not very thoroughly, apparently.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 6:39:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 6:20:52 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/25/2014 5:37:28 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 11/25/2014 1:41:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/24/2014 9:19:40 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
I'm assuming mafia used a strongman on Yama.

Was watcher on Yama? They should have been.

Why is that? Did Yama claim cop last DP or something. If so I missed it.

-_- HOW COULD YOU MISS THAT?!

Did you even read the DP?!

Not very thoroughly, apparently.

So why did you think that Khaos was lynched?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 6:46:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 6:39:01 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 11/25/2014 6:20:52 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/25/2014 5:37:28 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 11/25/2014 1:41:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/24/2014 9:19:40 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
I'm assuming mafia used a strongman on Yama.

Was watcher on Yama? They should have been.

Why is that? Did Yama claim cop last DP or something. If so I missed it.

-_- HOW COULD YOU MISS THAT?!

Did you even read the DP?!

Not very thoroughly, apparently.

So why did you think that Khaos was lynched?

It says so right in the op. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

I want to know why Nymph just randomly thinks there is a watcher.

I want more info from nymph let's put her at L1

VTL NYMPH

You ask why would Khaos hammer himself, maybe because he didn't want to have to deal with her in that scum PM, since she likes to be mean to him.

The stuff she was targeting him for DP1 seemed petty also.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 6:50:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 6:46:17 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/25/2014 6:39:01 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 11/25/2014 6:20:52 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/25/2014 5:37:28 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 11/25/2014 1:41:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/24/2014 9:19:40 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
I'm assuming mafia used a strongman on Yama.

Was watcher on Yama? They should have been.

Why is that? Did Yama claim cop last DP or something. If so I missed it.

-_- HOW COULD YOU MISS THAT?!

Did you even read the DP?!

Not very thoroughly, apparently.

So why did you think that Khaos was lynched?

It says so right in the op. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

I want to know why Nymph just randomly thinks there is a watcher.

I want more info from nymph let's put her at L1

VTL NYMPH

You ask why would Khaos hammer himself, maybe because he didn't want to have to deal with her in that scum PM, since she likes to be mean to him.

The stuff she was targeting him for DP1 seemed petty also.

Maybe...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 8:50:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
YYW, where's the list of living players?
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 8:54:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Wylted, let me guess. You think when I pushed for Khaos to claim on D1, that was another example of "inside" knowledge?
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 9:09:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Since we've been ending DPs so early, there aren't many interactive tells, so we're kinda back where we started. Wylted and 9space are town. ESocial is probably town, though I'm not 100% convinced on that yet.

Budda isn't getting lynched today. I'll get to him eventually but not today. Dalt is in the possible scum pile but he has a few moments of town that I like. I think I can sort him out today if he keeps up his posting. He's logical so that makes him easy to read (this is a compliment; clarifying that point since some people take unreadability as a compliment when it's not).

Danielle, Rev, and 1harder are the folks who worry me most.

Vote: 1harder
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 11:17:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
VOTE COUNT

Nymph (1/6) - Wylted
Harder (1/6) - Nymph
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 11:18:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Living Players:

1. Wylted
2. Rev
3. Honest
4. Esocial
5. Buddamoose
6. Harder
7. Danielle
8. 9space
9. Nymph
10. Dalt
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 11:22:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 8:54:37 AM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
Wylted, let me guess. You think when I pushed for Khaos to claim on D1, that was another example of "inside" knowledge?

Your reasoning was stupid. Appearing non chalant?

Why do you think there is a watcher? Do you have some access to information I don't?
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 11:24:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Wylted, chill out. I'm not assuming anything.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 11:28:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 11:22:05 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/25/2014 8:54:37 AM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
Wylted, let me guess. You think when I pushed for Khaos to claim on D1, that was another example of "inside" knowledge?

Your reasoning was stupid.

Says the guy who killed me for having reads too good, about yet another accurate read. How do you reconcile my stupidity with my consistently accurate reads?

Appearing non chalant?

I have no idea what this means.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 11:31:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 11:28:23 AM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
At 11/25/2014 11:22:05 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/25/2014 8:54:37 AM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
Wylted, let me guess. You think when I pushed for Khaos to claim on D1, that was another example of "inside" knowledge?

Your reasoning was stupid.

Says the guy who killed me for having reads too good, about yet another accurate read. How do you reconcile my stupidity with my consistently accurate reads?

Appearing non chalant?

I have no idea what this means.

You said you were targeting him for being non chalant DP1 correct?

I'm not really going to let up on you until I understand your thought process.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 11:37:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Wylted, if you want to understand my thought process, go read D1. I made a post detailing 3 reasons why Khaos should claim. They included his behavior (self-voting, fluff posting, unexplained reads, starting sh!t with me, and trying to discredit my analysis based on an attack on my ability to read him rather than the substance of the read itself), and the value of theme and setup on D1 when we know mafia don't have fake-claims and have limited information for fake-claiming.

You seem to like Xlav. I agree with that sentiment. He's one of the best active players on the site. His reads are great. He was also killed on N1. Well, recall that he (1) agreed with me that Khaos was scummy, and (2) believed I was town. So if you're not gonna read D1 carefully, or D2 carefully, then I recommend you defer to your friend Xlav, who (a) was town, (b) is very good at this game, and (c) read me as town based on my play in D1 and agreed with my analysis of Khaos on D1.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 11:44:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 11:37:43 AM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
Wylted, if you want to understand my thought process, go read D1. I made a post detailing 3 reasons why Khaos should claim. They included his behavior (self-voting, fluff posting, unexplained reads, starting sh!t with me, and trying to discredit my analysis based on an attack on my ability to read him rather than the substance of the read itself), and the value of theme and setup on D1 when we know mafia don't have fake-claims and have limited information for fake-claiming.

Yeah but I've seen people do all 3 things as town and not just noobs. Just go 1 layer deeper in your explanation. Don't tell me what those things point to. Tell me why those things point to that.

You seem to like Xlav. I agree with that sentiment. He's one of the best active players on the site. His reads are great. He was also killed on N1. Well, recall that he (1) agreed with me that Khaos was scummy, and (2) believed I was town. So if you're not gonna read D1 carefully, or D2 carefully, then I recommend you defer to your friend Xlav, who (a) was town, (b) is very good at this game, and (c) read me as town based on my play in D1 and agreed with my analysis of Khaos on D1.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 12:04:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 11:44:15 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/25/2014 11:37:43 AM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
Wylted, if you want to understand my thought process, go read D1. I made a post detailing 3 reasons why Khaos should claim. They included his behavior (self-voting, fluff posting, unexplained reads, starting sh!t with me, and trying to discredit my analysis based on an attack on my ability to read him rather than the substance of the read itself), and the value of theme and setup on D1 when we know mafia don't have fake-claims and have limited information for fake-claiming.

Yeah but I've seen people do all 3 things as town and not just noobs. Just go 1 layer deeper in your explanation. Don't tell me what those things point to. Tell me why those things point to that.

Just because town do scummy things doesn't mean those things aren't scummy. Mafia is a game of probabilities. When you take into account Khaos as a player (his ticks as town and scum), the game state at the time (early in DP1), and the relevant posts (self-voting, followed by unexplained reads, followed by fluff posting, followed by starting sh!t with me and attacking the credibility of my reads by saying I "hate" him rather than addressing their substance), it all points to Khaos being scum. What do you want to know? How each of those behaviors links up with an objective difference between town and mafia?

Self-voting by an experienced player is scummy because it has no purpose except to create the illusion of fearlessness. Experienced town recognize this fact, so they don't do it, but scum want to create the illusion of fearlessness, so they forget how they act as town and sometimes vote themselves (admittedly the behavior is null by noobs, who sometimes do it because they don't know better).

Fluff posting is scummy because it's passive, doesn't help find scum, isn't relevant to alignment, and creates the illusion of activity. Mafia aren't trying to find the scum because they already know who the scum are, so it's hard for them to fake relevant and natural analysis, especially early in the game where they're unsure which behaviors a townie would pick up on, etc.

Quick, effortless, unexplained reads from Khaos is scummy because as town, Khaos is always cautious before reading anyone and always explains his reads. Meta is relevant to determining alignment. Quick, effortless, unexplained reads from Xlav are null. They're null from me. They're not null from Khaos.

Starting sh!t with me is scummy because it incites a meaningless back-and-forth, which clutters up the game and makes it difficult for others to see patterns of behavior and spot relevant behavioral tells. The obvious scum motivation is making it harder to find the scum. There is no town motivation for this behavior, so it cuts heavily towards someone being scum. Adding to this point, I also pointed out in D1 that Khaos did the same thing in his games as mafia DDO Mafia), whereas when he was town, he didn't start sh!t with me (another meta point I brought up in D1).

Attacking my credibility rather than the substance of what I was saying is scummy because it doesn't address the substance. You can't attack the substance, so you go after the person. Town address substance. They expect other townies to evaluate the substance and to make decisions based on substance. Mafia recognize that the substance will often be against them, because they're mafia and that's what happens when you're mafia, the substance is inherently against you. So you're only avenue of attack is the person's credibility. That's why attacks on credibility are scummy, which is to say, more likely to come from scum than town.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 12:11:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 12:09:00 PM, Wylted wrote:
unvote

Dude, use your vote. 1harder, Rev, someone. I don't care. Don't unvote.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 12:20:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 12:11:46 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
At 11/25/2014 12:09:00 PM, Wylted wrote:
unvote

Dude, use your vote. 1harder, Rev, someone. I don't care. Don't unvote.

Give me a minute. I just saw something that caught my interest and want to investigate it for a minute.