Jump to topic:

A game idea from Yama.

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 5:09:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I propose a new forum game. A game wherein players are placed in a location hereby referred to as the mansion with one objective. Make it out alive. As only one player can leave, the player would have to successfully murder another and manage to escape detection. After every murder, there will be a crime scene and a trial held with all players present. If the players are able to correctly deduce the killer, only the killer dies. If the players convict the wrong person, the killer wins and everyone else dies. The game will continue until only three (number may change) players are left. Then players may team up and win as a pair or another obstacle such as poison gas or a swarm of poisonous creatures may be released in the mansion for subjects to deal with .
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 5:12:58 PM
At 11/30/2014 5:09:40 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I propose a new forum game. A game wherein players are placed in a location hereby referred to as the mansion with one objective. Make it out alive. As only one player can leave, the player would have to successfully murder another and manage to escape detection. After every murder, there will be a crime scene and a trial held with all players present. If the players are able to correctly deduce the killer, only the killer dies. If the players convict the wrong person, the killer wins and everyone else dies. The game will continue until only three (number may change) players are left. Then players may team up and win as a pair or another obstacle such as poison gas or a swarm of poisonous creatures may be released in the mansion for subjects to deal with .

Like the concept. I'd be interested in co-modding. LOL

But you should work out more details in the game mechanics. Is there going to be one murderer selected each night? Won't it be OP for the killer if there's just one mistaken convict, he wins...? And how are you going to implement an obstacle late-game?
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 5:18:27 PM
At 11/30/2014 5:11:43 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Any changes or thoughts from the community?

IN IN IN IIIINNNN

I'LL HELP MOD TOO IF YOU WANT :D
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 5:21:58 PM
At 11/30/2014 5:12:58 PM, RevNge wrote:

But you should work out more details in the game mechanics. Is there going to be one murderer selected each night?
I was thinking about running it this way. If someone gave me: their weapon of choice (three options would be chosen by them when creating their character), a location, time, and victim before a certain amount of time had passed, they'd be the murderer. Otherwise, it would be randomized.
Won't it be OP for the killer if there's just one mistaken convict, he wins...? And how are you going to implement an obstacle late-game?
It is OP for the Killer, during a trial. But there will be other things at play. Such as possible injuries sustained during the murder, witnesses, an autopsy and evidence.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 5:24:19 PM
At 11/30/2014 5:21:58 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 11/30/2014 5:12:58 PM, RevNge wrote:

But you should work out more details in the game mechanics. Is there going to be one murderer selected each night?
I was thinking about running it this way. If someone gave me: their weapon of choice (three options would be chosen by them when creating their character), a location, time, and victim before a certain amount of time had passed, they'd be the murderer. Otherwise, it would be randomized.

Soo...the first person who submits his target is the murderer? What? >.>
Won't it be OP for the killer if there's just one mistaken convict, he wins...? And how are you going to implement an obstacle late-game?
It is OP for the Killer, during a trial. But there will be other things at play. Such as possible injuries sustained during the murder, witnesses, an autopsy and evidence.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. We'll figure out how to implement those things later, but first, start with the basics of the game mechanics and the concept.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 5:25:11 PM
Sounds good.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
carriead20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 8:01:15 PM

Its like GMod Murder.

I wanna help mod this if its okay.

Instead of letting them pick the weapon it should be a knife.
Keep going even if the wrong person is convicted.
Get rid of the team up at the end
Throw in a curve ball and arm another person instead of the murderer.
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
heyfur_1213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 12:27:05 PM

I like this idea. This idea likes me. We're meant to be.
VelCrow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 7:27:19 PM
At 11/30/2014 5:11:43 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Any changes or thoughts from the community?

In interested to help brainstorm and hammer things out. and maybe even co-modding if you wanna.
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...