Total Posts:80|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Boyband Mafia - Endgame

YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:47:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
First Place: Mafia*

Khaos: Lawyer (3x) - Justin Timberlake. You were once a member of N'SYNC, but now you're doing your own thing. By any objective measure, you're better than the rest of them but you left your friends behind. Great for you, sucks for them because you carried them all the way before. But, what goes around comes around -as you sang in your 2006 song. In order to stay on top, you've got to show other people up, thus you are the Lawyer. Each night you may target another player. That player will appear as if they were sided with the Town to investigative roles.

Rev: Strongman (3x) - Austin Mahone. You're practically a baby in the music scene. You were born in 1996, when many of the other boy bands already had successful careers. You're not even a talented singer, but once you got a record deal you got a personal trainer and started to develop muscles. Thus, you are the strongman -even though "strong boy" would be more appropriate a title. Each night you may target another player to die, bypassing any protective abilities (Doctor, Jailkeeper, Bulletproof, etc.)

Honest: JOAT - 2x Stalker, 2x Scout - Bieber. You have many, many talents. You can play a variety of different instruments, and do so well. You're also a fairly talented singer -even though you're childishness and immaturity will very likely ruin your career before you're even out of puberty. Thus, you have two abilities: Stalker - Each night you may select another player. You will learn their role (but not affiliation). Scout - Each night you may select another player. You will learn who they visited, but not what action(s) they took.

Dalt: Goon - Aaron Carter. You started out riding on the coattails of your older brother's success in the Backstreet Boys, but you really have no talent at all. You were only popular because girls thought you were cute and record labels thought they could make money off of you. Therefore, you are the goon. You have no ability.

Second Place: Town

Yama: Cop - Simple Plan. You're just a kid, and life is a nightmare. Life is stressful, and all you can manage to do is learn the affiliations of the people you investigate. Each night you may select another player. You will learn if that player wins with the Town (innocent) or not (guilty).

Harder: Doctor - 5 Seconds of Summer. Who looks so perfect standing there in your American Apparel underwear? The boys in your band. But, because you see the best in people, and sing about them without their clothes on, you are the doctor. Each night you may select another player. That player will be protected from lethal actions.

XLAV: Hunter - Backstreet Boys. Your group was formed in 1993, and you were huge in the 90s. You hit a rough patch after the new millennium, but now you've all got your acts together since 2007's Unbreakable album even if your music is still as cheesy as it was when YYW was in elementary school. Because you're on a series of comeback tours, you're the hunter. If lynched, you may select another person to die.

9space: Innocent Child (DP2) - One Direction. Every boy in your band is sweet and adorable. Simon Cowell's done a good job with all of you, after all. You're all in your 20s now, not one member of 1D has lost their boyish charm, even though some of you have wild tattoos and incredibly sexy long hair. Thus, you are the innocent child. Your affiliation will be mod confirmed at the start of the first Day Phase.

Wylted: Watcher - 98 Degrees. There used to be a time when you were really popular, but then you went on hiatus from 2003-2012. Now, you tend to lay pretty low even though you tried to make a comeback in 2012. Thus, you are the watcher. Each night you may select another player. You will learn who visited them, but not what action(s) were performed.

Danielle: Rolestopper (2x) - Boyz II Men. You are Motown's boy band, even though you're from Philadelphia. Your 1992 record "End of the Road" topped charts worldwide, and the song for which that album was named broke a previous Billboard record set by Elvis Presley and stayed at the #1 spot on the Hot 100 list for 13 weeks. Because of your record breaking talent, you are the rolestopper. Each night you may select another player. No other players may target that player with non-lethal actions, effectively making your target Ascetic.

Buddamoose: Governor (1x) - 'N Sync. Bye! Bye! Bye, scum! You're doing this tonight, even though the town's started a fight but you know it can't be right...so you can stop the lynch if you so desire -but only once. Therefore, you are the Governor. At the end of a Day Phase that ends in a lynch, you may change the outcome to a another player or a "No Lynch."

Nymph: Motivator (2x) - The Beatles. When you were younger, so much younger than today, you never needed anybody's help in any way. But now these days are gone and you're not so self assured. Now you've changed your mind and opened up the doors. However, you know that the best way to help yourself is to help other people. Thus, you are the motivator. Each night you may target another player. That player may perform an additional action above and beyond what they normally would be able to do.

Esocial: Vanilla - Good Charlotte. You're a fairly talented punk rock band, but you have since faded into oblivion... much to the detriment of your fans. But, you're happy with your retirement, so you are the Vanilla. You have no ability.

MVP's

Scum - Rev

Town - XLAV

Overall - Rev

Night Actions to come later...
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 11:24:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Had I been replaced in, Rev would've been the first person I wanted lynched.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 11:43:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Ahh well...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 1:05:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Nymph posting that thread about how doctors should act in obvious reference to this game was in bad taste and I'd go as far as to consider it cheating since you're mentioning your reads post mortem.

It's clear it was basically just a thread blasting players in this game as well. If it was an advice thread it would have went beyond obvious truisms.
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 1:24:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
dang...I knew something was up with Khaos's weird bandwagon on himself...
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 1:56:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Well played, Rev.

I'm not sure what to say about this game. The entire town -- other than Yama and myself, honestly -- played like utter sh!t.

No offense to Xlav, cause he's a great player and was on the right track thinking it was Rev, but town MVP for what? He mislynched 1harder, which shouldn't have happened. Especially not before LYLO. I wouldn't call him town MVP, though then again I'd call myself town MVP just based on basically catching Khaos and Dalt.

If Wylted had watched Yama, town almost certainly would have won, as we would have caught Rev's strongman kill. I don't understand how Wylted and 1harder could play so bad.

Either way, I don't like games where town has less mislynches than the number of scum -- that raises serious balance concerns -- so I'm not sure how that played out, either.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 1:58:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 1:05:00 PM, Wylted wrote:
Nymph posting that thread about how doctors should act in obvious reference to this game was in bad taste and I'd go as far as to consider it cheating since you're mentioning your reads post mortem.

It's clear it was basically just a thread blasting players in this game as well. If it was an advice thread it would have went beyond obvious truisms.

That post was in reference to a perceived need. It's purely theoretical so it's not cheating. It's telling players how to play the game after noticing that they suck.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:54:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

WHO'S THE NOOB NOW, BISHES?! >:D

Still me, I know. ;3

By the way, XLAV, you scared the sh1t out of me when you said you had another shot. Thought I was a goner there.

Now time to find the (many) insulting comments about yours truly and mock Town. LOL
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:55:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I never suspect n00bs, hence why I target them early. Many props to Rev (though I'm not sure how much of his playing was him, and how much was done with help from his teammates). Had I suspected a 4th mafioso instead of a third party killer, I wouldn't have given Rev such a pass. I think I focused too much on the theme in this game -- another reason I dislike themes. It was really ridiculous for XLAV to push for my lynch on the last day phase. Like, super ridiculous. I'm not sure if the mafia deserve the props or us townies deserve shame. The fact that we killed 3 mafia within 3 or 4 day phases doesn't speak too highly of their overall performance until Rev at the end. Kudos to the mods for a balanced game (though I usually do 10 townies to 4 mafia, not 9:4 -- that's an unheard of ratio as far as I know).
President of DDO
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:55:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 11:24:13 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Had I been replaced in, Rev would've been the first person I wanted lynched.

Odd you weren't saying that earlier. ;D
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:55:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 11:07:53 AM, XLAV wrote:
Lol, believe it or not, Rev was my main suspect in terms of behavior.

Behavior > Setup

Let this game serve as a future example. :P
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:56:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 2:55:18 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 12/7/2014 11:24:13 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Had I been replaced in, Rev would've been the first person I wanted lynched.

Odd you weren't saying that earlier. ;D

I watch everything... EVERYTHING.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:57:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I disagree with XLAV as town MVP of this game (no offense bro -- sometimes you are). I don't remember his early play at all, but at the end he strongly advocated for the Doctor's lynch and my mislynch on the last two DPs. I don't think there was a town MVP as we pretty much killed scum on the first dew DPs through combined effort and sheer luck.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:58:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 11:07:53 AM, XLAV wrote:
Lol, believe it or not, Rev was my main suspect in terms of behavior.

I don't beleve it because on the last two day phases you were sure that Harder was scum and then I was scum. I don't recall you ever making a case for Rev -- just asking him random questions like "Do you watch the show Big Time Rush" which I didn't see as relevant.
President of DDO
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:01:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 2:56:46 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 12/7/2014 2:55:18 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 12/7/2014 11:24:13 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Had I been replaced in, Rev would've been the first person I wanted lynched.

Odd you weren't saying that earlier. ;D

I watch everything... EVERYTHING.

TMI much?
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:02:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
XLAV, your play the last two DPs was hilarious.
To assume mafia did not have a strongman was unfounded.
To assume watcher and doc was OP is silly.
Ignoring the fact that the goon was relevant due to numbers.
By your own admission, to focus on game setup instead of behavior was just stupid.
And your reaction tests were transparent, and to assume that I wasn't advising Rev (or Esocial) on what you were doing is just ignoring relevant facts.

FT, you did not catch me DP1. Yama caught me NP1.
Our flame wars are genuine.
You loathing my presence is genuine. My loathing yours is genuine.
And the fact that not only you, but everyone else ignores the cited, in-game, posts that show you don't care if I die is not evidence of my scuminess, but more the lack of critical thinking that is on display of the players.

Pressure me for a claim with that guise again, and I will claim cop. Town or not.
It is anti-town to force a full claim like that.

YYW/bsh1, on balance, I am not sure what to think.
Mafia had a huge edge in numbers, but role-wise, town seemed OP and UP at the same time. I think, instead of governor, a bomb would have been nice. Or a town JOAT with a 1x vig.
Had town lynched Hunter, and hunter chose poorly, it was MYLO for the rest of the game.
But, it could have been worse.
The only real complaints I have is that I had no idea what a "boy band" was, so fake claiming was very hard. Also, the clips from various artists were kind of confirming townies, which, helped them, but seemed unfair, especially since there was an innocent child.

Rev, I like to think my advice helped you a lot through the game, but who knows? It was your claim and your justification, although it was loosely based off mine ;)
Good work.
I was totally expecting you to die DP3.

Wylted, why did you not watch Yama?

Harder, why did you not protect Yama or 9space? Not that it really mattered, but had you actually protected a single player we NK'd, town would have known that there was a strongman.
My work here is, finally, done.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:02:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 2:57:19 PM, Danielle wrote:
I disagree with XLAV as town MVP of this game (no offense bro -- sometimes you are). I don't remember his early play at all, but at the end he strongly advocated for the Doctor's lynch and my mislynch on the last two DPs. I don't think there was a town MVP as we pretty much killed scum on the first dew DPs through combined effort and sheer luck.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:03:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 1:58:19 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
At 12/7/2014 1:05:00 PM, Wylted wrote:
Nymph posting that thread about how doctors should act in obvious reference to this game was in bad taste and I'd go as far as to consider it cheating since you're mentioning your reads post mortem.

It's clear it was basically just a thread blasting players in this game as well. If it was an advice thread it would have went beyond obvious truisms.

That post was in reference to a perceived need. It's purely theoretical so it's not cheating. It's telling players how to play the game after noticing that they suck.

No it was a direct reference to the game and also revealed you town read harder. If it was anything other than that it would have actually touched on advanced strategy as opposed to stating a bunch of truisms.

I would've watched Yama if I caught his claim, but I wasn't really paying attention to the game, until the DP before I died.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:05:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 3:02:13 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
XLAV, your play the last two DPs was hilarious.
To assume mafia did not have a strongman was unfounded.
To assume watcher and doc was OP is silly.
Ignoring the fact that the goon was relevant due to numbers.
By your own admission, to focus on game setup instead of behavior was just stupid.
And your reaction tests were transparent, and to assume that I wasn't advising Rev (or Esocial) on what you were doing is just ignoring relevant facts.

FT, you did not catch me DP1. Yama caught me NP1.
Our flame wars are genuine.
You loathing my presence is genuine. My loathing yours is genuine.
And the fact that not only you, but everyone else ignores the cited, in-game, posts that show you don't care if I die is not evidence of my scuminess, but more the lack of critical thinking that is on display of the players.

Pressure me for a claim with that guise again, and I will claim cop. Town or not.
It is anti-town to force a full claim like that.

YYW/bsh1, on balance, I am not sure what to think.
Mafia had a huge edge in numbers, but role-wise, town seemed OP and UP at the same time. I think, instead of governor, a bomb would have been nice. Or a town JOAT with a 1x vig.
Had town lynched Hunter, and hunter chose poorly, it was MYLO for the rest of the game.
But, it could have been worse.
The only real complaints I have is that I had no idea what a "boy band" was, so fake claiming was very hard. Also, the clips from various artists were kind of confirming townies, which, helped them, but seemed unfair, especially since there was an innocent child.


Rev, I like to think my advice helped you a lot through the game, but who knows? It was your claim and your justification, although it was loosely based off mine ;)
Good work.
I was totally expecting you to die DP3.

Wylted, why did you not watch Yama?

Harder, why did you not protect Yama or 9space? Not that it really mattered, but had you actually protected a single player we NK'd, town would have known that there was a strongman.

Why don't I get one of these? Come on! I must've done something wrong.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:05:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 3:02:13 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Harder, why did you not protect Yama or 9space? Not that it really mattered, but had you actually protected a single player we NK'd, town would have known that there was a strongman.

9space was the one I was planning on protecting the NP he got killed. But, a certain "MVP" led a mislynch on me so I didn't get to do that.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:08:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 3:05:00 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Why don't I get one of these? Come on! I must've done something wrong.
Yeah, you copped me ;)

I was a bit surprised you did, TBH.
My lawyer decision was bouncing between me and Rev until I decided to claim Hider, which fit my plan perfectly.

Had I been you, I'd probably have picked Rev or another inactive over me.
But, whatever, I'm not cop very often, and I hate it when I am.
My work here is, finally, done.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:10:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 3:02:13 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
FT, you did not catch me DP1. Yama caught me NP1.

I pointed out numerous reasons to believe you were scum, and to get your claim, on D1 before Yama got a result on you. The result was just the icing on the cake. Plus, I bet my pressure on you had a role in who Yama investigated.

Our flame wars are genuine.

Uh, no. I didn't flame you at all. I put my vote on you and asked for your claim, knowing we were gonna lynch Honest. I would have lynched you if Honest hadn't been CC'ed.

You loathing my presence is genuine. My loathing yours is genuine.

I don't loathe your presence. I couldn't care less about your presence. You're the one who loathes me, and I couldn't care less about that, either.

And the fact that not only you, but everyone else ignores the cited, in-game, posts that show you don't care if I die is not evidence of my scuminess, but more the lack of critical thinking that is on display of the players.

Or you're just delusional, and everyone else sees what's actually going on. Even YYW told you to "calm down."

Pressure me for a claim with that guise again, and I will claim cop. Town or not.
It is anti-town to force a full claim like that.

It's anti-town to force mafia to full claim on D1? Haha, right.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:14:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 3:08:29 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:05:00 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Why don't I get one of these? Come on! I must've done something wrong.
Yeah, you copped me ;)

I was a bit surprised you did, TBH.
My lawyer decision was bouncing between me and Rev until I decided to claim Hider, which fit my plan perfectly.

Had I been you, I'd probably have picked Rev or another inactive over me.
But, whatever, I'm not cop very often, and I hate it when I am.

Threat assessment, and behavioral analysis are things my mentors are trying to hammer into my head. You were setting off literally all of my warning flags so of course I cop'd you. It doesn't help that you and XLAV are the people I naturally prioritize as threats either.

It's weird, though. 7/10 times, I'm a cop in these games and it's ironic as f**k. But I am the best person for the role here.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:17:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 3:10:49 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:02:13 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
FT, you did not catch me DP1. Yama caught me NP1.

I pointed out numerous reasons to believe you were scum, and to get your claim, on D1 before Yama got a result on you. The result was just the icing on the cake. Plus, I bet my pressure on you had a role in who Yama investigated.

Nope. I'm just the Ultimate Detective!
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:18:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 10:47:33 AM, YYW wrote:
Night Actions to come later...

Later as in four minutes or four hours? ;D