Send a Message
12/9/2014 6:25:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The town wins!

First place - TOWN
Second place (tied) - MAFIA, SERIAL KILLER

SETUP

TOWN

Wylted - You are the UNIVERSAL BACKUP. You assume the role of the first town player to die. You win with the town.
(became: Pacifist, random pick between XLAV and Esocial's roles)

Esocial - You are the PACIFIST. You may not cast a vote on people who are at L-1. You win with the town.

XLAV - You are the HUNTER. Upon being lynched, you may select one other player to die with you. You win with the town.

Rev - You are the ROLEBLOCKER. Each night you may select a player and prevent them from using their role. You win with the town.

Carrie - You are the EVEN NIGHT MIMIC. On even nights and once per game, you may choose to copy another player's role. You win with the town.

Yama - You are the JACK OF ALL TRADES. You have the following abilities:

1x Cop
1x Doc
1x Vig

You win with the town.

Honest - You are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

MAFIA

Subutai - You are the 2x LAWYER. You can make another player investigate as Town to sane (non-flavored) investigative roles.

Harder - You are the BUS DRIVER. You may switch the actions performed on two players (or, essentially, redirect both players to each other)

THIRD PARTY

Khaos (Airmax) - You are the SERIAL KILLER. Each night, you may kill another player. You win when all other players are dead.

ACTIONS

DP1

No lynch.

NP1

Town
Yama - Doc Self (which I decided to permit in this game for variety.. and cause I forgot to tell him he couldn't do it before confirming it.. lol)

Rev - Roleblock Wylted

Mafia
Subutai Lawyer Harder
Harder Waive
Harder NK XLAV

Serial Killer
NK Esocial

DP2

Lynch Harder

NP2

Town

Yama cop Subutai
Carrie mimic Yama
Rev waives

Mafia
Subutai lawyer self
Subutai NK Carrie

Third Party
Airmax NK Yama

DP3

Lynch Rev

NP3

Mafia
Subutai NK Khaos

Serial Killer
Khaos NK Subutai

Only HONEST and WYLTED remain. Therefore, the town wins.

JUNIOR MOD COMMENTS
The town successfully lynched Harder behaviourally, which was good for them and made up for there.. antics in the last game. Only one townie vote was needed to lynch Rev, and scum opportunistically hopped on it, but both ended up losing anyway due to worries that the other would nightkill them/anticipation to win the game.

Series 33.3 will be issued shortly, and a replacement for Honest will be pursued. I may not be able to finish modding the game as I leave Sunday and did not anticipate the series would last this long. Good game!
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 6:27:16 PM
At 12/9/2014 6:25:12 PM, Daltonian wrote:
JUNIOR MOD COMMENTS
The town successfully lynched Harder behaviourally, which was good for them and made up for *****their****.. antics in the last game.
cough
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 6:27:36 PM
Screw you Khaos. We were ready to win this one.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 6:45:08 PM
The town wins!

THIRD PARTY

Khaos (Airmax) - You are the SERIAL KILLER. Each night, you may kill another player. You win when all other players are dead.

no fair he always get to be TP D:
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 9:00:23 PM
At 12/9/2014 6:27:36 PM, Subutai wrote:
Screw you Khaos. We were ready to win this one.

LOL
Pleasure doing business with you, sir.
My work here is, finally, done.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 10:47:04 PM
At 12/9/2014 10:45:26 PM, headphonegut wrote:
Night actions?

errrrr yeah... awkward
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 10:56:45 PM
The town wins!

First place - TOWN
Second place (tied) - MAFIA, SERIAL KILLER

SETUP

TOWN

Wylted - You are the UNIVERSAL BACKUP. You assume the role of the first town player to die. You win with the town.
(became: Pacifist, random pick between XLAV and Esocial's roles)

Esocial - You are the PACIFIST. You may not cast a vote on people who are at L-1. You win with the town.

XLAV - You are the HUNTER. Upon being lynched, you may select one other player to die with you. You win with the town.

Rev - You are the ROLEBLOCKER. Each night you may select a player and prevent them from using their role. You win with the town.

Carrie - You are the EVEN NIGHT MIMIC. On even nights and once per game, you may choose to copy another player's role. You win with the town.

Yama - You are the JACK OF ALL TRADES. You have the following abilities:

1x Cop
1x Doc
1x Vig

You win with the town.

Honest - You are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

MAFIA

Subutai - You are the 2x LAWYER. You can make another player investigate as Town to sane (non-flavored) investigative roles.

Harder - You are the BUS DRIVER. You may switch the actions performed on two players (or, essentially, redirect both players to each other)

THIRD PARTY

ACTIONS

DP1

No lynch.

NP1

Town
Yama - Doc Self (which I decided to permit in this game for variety.. and cause I forgot to tell him he couldn't do it before confirming it.. lol)

Rev - Roleblock Wylted

Mafia
Subutai Lawyer Harder
Harder Waive
Harder NK XLAV

Serial Killer
NK Esocial

DP2

Lynch Harder

NP2

Town

Yama cop Subutai
Carrie mimic Yama
Rev waives

Mafia
Subutai lawyer self
Subutai NK Carrie

Third Party
Airmax NK Yama

DP3

Lynch Rev

NP3

Mafia
Subutai NK Khaos

Serial Killer
Khaos NK Subutai

Not sure I agree with both subutai and Khaos killing eachother should have perhaps determined the outcome of this potential action before the game. I definitely don't agree with 1xdoc or lawyer being on themselves. The setup itself is interesting maybe a bit in favor of the town with that universal thing in there. Does waive mean they didn't use their role if so probably a misplay on harders part. The even night mimic is also potentially very powerful. I don't see any need for an sk in this setup. If you run this again I suggest either 9 or 11 players with 3 mafia.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 11:02:12 PM
At 12/9/2014 10:56:45 PM, headphonegut wrote:
Not sure I agree with both subutai and Khaos killing eachother should have perhaps determined the outcome of this potential action before the game. I definitely don't agree with 1xdoc or lawyer being on themselves. The setup itself is interesting maybe a bit in favor of the town with that universal thing in there. Does waive mean they didn't use their role if so probably a misplay on harders part. The even night mimic is also potentially very powerful. I don't see any need for an sk in this setup. If you run this again I suggest either 9 or 11 players with 3 mafia.
The roles in the beginner's series are actually randomly generated until game 33.3 - balance is not the primary factor; rather, it is teaching the players how to use the roles they are assigned.

Game 1 is basic concepts
Game 2 is flavours and third parties
Game 3 is theme and setup balancing

Meaning, in the first two games, the roles are not balanced (everything is random, from a list of random roles, and random flavours are added where applicable)

In terms of the cop and doc on themselves, that was an error on my part as I confirmed the action when the JOAT had his doc on himself and decided to roll with allowing them to do that in this game. It usually doesn't work that way.

The setup in 33.3 that I just posted will be balanced role-wise, though (hopefully), lol.

Welcome back to DDO, by the way!
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 11:09:15 PM
At 12/9/2014 11:02:12 PM, Daltonian wrote:
The roles in the beginner's series are actually randomly generated until game 33.3 - balance is not the primary factor; rather, it is teaching the players how to use the roles they are assigned.

Game 1 is basic concepts

Meaning, in the first two games, the roles are not balanced (everything is random, from a list of random roles, and random flavours are added where applicable)

In terms of the cop and doc on themselves, that was an error on my part as I confirmed the action when the JOAT had his doc on himself and decided to roll with allowing them to do that in this game. It usually doesn't work that way.

The setup in 33.3 that I just posted will be balanced role-wise, though (hopefully), lol.

Thanks I'm actually just waiting o.o It'd be more beneficial to do a flavorless theme'd game as the first 1 then add flavor for the 2nd then go crazy and have some fun in the 3rd game. I'm slightly surprised that there isn't a setup review thread or an endgame setup review thread. Certainly not for the first two newbie games but maybe for the last one talking about in general.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 11:25:04 PM
At 12/9/2014 11:09:15 PM, headphonegut wrote:

Game 1 is basic concepts

Thanks I'm actually just waiting o.o It'd be more beneficial to do a flavorless theme'd game as the first 1 then add flavor for the 2nd then go crazy and have some fun in the 3rd game. I'm slightly surprised that there isn't a setup review thread or an endgame setup review thread. Certainly not for the first two newbie games but maybe for the last one talking about in general.
I haven't been playing mafia all that long (~5 months), but usually from what I know, all that takes place in one sole endgame thread, along with people bickering at each other for making the wrong decisions or etc.. lol :P

We (or, rather, bsh; as I'm just the junior mod for this series) do something sort of similar to what you suggest, then he makes the first game a flavorless non-themed classic game for noobs to get the hang of it, then introduce flavours and third parties, then introduce tons of theme and flavours in the last game - most especially in game 3, it gets crazy (the last series, the third game ended DP1.. haha)
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 11:35:54 PM
At 12/9/2014 11:25:04 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 12/9/2014 11:09:15 PM, headphonegut wrote:

Game 1 is basic concepts

I haven't been playing mafia all that long (~5 months), but usually from what I know, all that takes place in one sole endgame thread, along with people bickering at each other for making the wrong decisions or etc.. lol :P

We (or, rather, bsh; as I'm just the junior mod for this series) do something sort of similar to what you suggest, then he makes the first game a flavorless non-themed classic game for noobs to get the hang of it, then introduce flavours and third parties, then introduce tons of theme and flavours in the last game - most especially in game 3, it gets crazy (the last series, the third game ended DP1.. haha)

I hope it's with an odd number of players. It would be much more fair for town if it was. Consider 9 players right at the beginning of the game and 2 are scum.

2/7 chance assuming a lynch and night kill, it goes to
2/5 then again
2/3 it's much nicer for newbs the statistical chance that is. It would also make more sense to always lynch to keep the statistical probability and continue the gathering of information or something like that.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 8:29:48 AM
At 12/9/2014 10:34:47 PM, Wylted wrote:
How did we win? Lol

I was SK and shot Sub, who was mafia.
And, vice versa.

It was a chance I had to take.
My work here is, finally, done.