Total Posts:142|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Wars of the Roses Mafia - DP3

Subutai
Posts: 3,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 9:27:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
LYNCHED LAST DAY PHASE

No one.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

mortsdor - You are Richard Neville, King of Warwick. History would later call you the kingmaker, and that is a very accurate description, being instrumental in the deposition of two kings. You are hungry for power, stopping at nothing to see what you want done. You play both sides to your advantage, and you will only back down upon your death. Thus, you are the Joint-Win Survivor. You win simply by staying alive until another faction achieves its win condition.

Danielle - You are Henry VI. You have been through some ups and a lot of downs. Your rule has been long, but fractious. First, you lost England's lands in France, then you were partially to blame for plunging England into a brutal civil war. You need all the supporters you can get right now, no matter what it takes. Thus, you are the Cop. You can determine players' alignments. You win with the Lancastrians (town).

LIVING PLAYERS

1. XLAV
2. RevNge
3. headphonegut
4. VelCrow
5. Numberwang
6. Bossyburrito
7. medic0506
8. ashkan
9. Nymphomaniac

It takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends no later than 8:00 AM, DDO time, Wednesday (12/24) (I may extend this a few hours)
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 9:35:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It would have been a mistake to lynch Mort, as seen by the fact that, you know, he was killed by scum or a vig. It would have been much preferable to lynch someone else, so I don't think my not-hammering is really that important.

XLav needs to claim, and my vote will still be on HPG (as he never responded to my accusations except by repeating himself over and over).

VTL HPG.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 9:36:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Did anyone try to visit me last night? If you did, please speak up and confirm that I am, in fact, a commuter.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 9:46:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 9:35:45 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
It would have been a mistake to lynch Mort, as seen by the fact that, you know, he was killed by scum or a vig. It would have been much preferable to lynch someone else, so I don't think my not-hammering is really that important.

XLav needs to claim, and my vote will still be on HPG (as he never responded to my accusations except by repeating himself over and over).

VTL HPG.

Shouldn't we at least wait to see if there are any results before trying to start a wagon that couldn't gain any traction last DP??
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 9:52:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 9:36:20 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Did anyone try to visit me last night? If you did, please speak up and confirm that I am, in fact, a commuter.

Not I. Since you're claiming commuter, what is your character??
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 9:57:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 9:52:38 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 12/21/2014 9:36:20 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Did anyone try to visit me last night? If you did, please speak up and confirm that I am, in fact, a commuter.

Not I. Since you're claiming commuter, what is your character??

I claimed last DP. I'm John de Vere, Earl of Oxford, and I'm a commuter because I was one of the only survivors of the war.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 9:59:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 9:46:26 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 12/21/2014 9:35:45 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
It would have been a mistake to lynch Mort, as seen by the fact that, you know, he was killed by scum or a vig. It would have been much preferable to lynch someone else, so I don't think my not-hammering is really that important.

XLav needs to claim, and my vote will still be on HPG (as he never responded to my accusations except by repeating himself over and over).

VTL HPG.

Shouldn't we at least wait to see if there are any results before trying to start a wagon that couldn't gain any traction last DP??

I definitely don't want an instant-lynch, and results should be outed if they're worthwhile before any lynches go through, but that doesn't preclude my voting.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:02:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Any thoughts on why the mafia killed Danielle?
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:04:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 9:57:22 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/21/2014 9:52:38 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 12/21/2014 9:36:20 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Did anyone try to visit me last night? If you did, please speak up and confirm that I am, in fact, a commuter.

Not I. Since you're claiming commuter, what is your character??

I claimed last DP. I'm John de Vere, Earl of Oxford, and I'm a commuter because I was one of the only survivors of the war.

Ok, my bad, I missed it.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:05:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 10:02:02 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
Any thoughts on why the mafia killed Danielle?

She was going after XLav? No idea. Analysing things like this, though, is way too prone to fall into WIFOM.

Why have you justified none of your reads?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:07:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
1. XLAV
2. RevNge
3. HPG
5. VelCrow
6. Numberwang
7. Bossyburrito- John de Vere- Commuter
8. Medic- Joan Willoughby
9. ashkan- John Beaufort- Bomb
11. Nymphomaniac

Yama- Peasant, Pacifist
Bullish- Robert Welles, Mimic
Mortsdor- Richard Neville, TP Survivor
Danielle- Henry VI, Cop
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:07:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 10:05:37 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/21/2014 10:02:02 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
Any thoughts on why the mafia killed Danielle?

She was going after XLav? No idea. Analysing things like this, though, is way too prone to fall into WIFOM.

I disagree. I think night-kill analysis is useful.

Why have you justified none of your reads?

Bad question. I have justified them.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:09:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 9:35:45 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
It would have been a mistake to lynch Mort, as seen by the fact that, you know, he was killed by scum or a vig. It would have been much preferable to lynch someone else, so I don't think my not-hammering is really that important.

XLav needs to claim, and my vote will still be on HPG (as he never responded to my accusations except by repeating himself over and over).

VTL HPG.

accusation? there was an accusation? what accusation? Trying to cover up your misplay by not hammering the TP works much better if you weren't so transparent. What is more likely scum kill the TP or a vig?

Vote: Bossyburrito

Why didn't you hammer mortsdor? Whether or not it would have been preferable is wifomy at best, and you not hammering is possible scum motivated action.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:09:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
How many scum do you guys think are in this game?
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:09:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 10:02:02 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
Any thoughts on why the mafia killed Danielle?

Going back to take a look at her reads now.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:09:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 10:07:55 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
At 12/21/2014 10:05:37 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/21/2014 10:02:02 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
Any thoughts on why the mafia killed Danielle?

She was going after XLav? No idea. Analysing things like this, though, is way too prone to fall into WIFOM.

I disagree. I think night-kill analysis is useful.

Why have you justified none of your reads?

Bad question. I have justified them.

If NKA is useful where is your analysis of it?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:10:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 10:09:59 PM, headphonegut wrote:
If NKA is useful where is your analysis of it?

Currently withheld, to compare mine to others.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:14:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 10:10:50 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
At 12/21/2014 10:09:59 PM, headphonegut wrote:
If NKA is useful where is your analysis of it?

Currently withheld, to compare mine to others.

1 question zero answers. I think I've arrived somewhere closer to the actual truth of your, so called, "withheld nka".
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:17:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 10:09:05 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/21/2014 9:35:45 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
It would have been a mistake to lynch Mort, as seen by the fact that, you know, he was killed by scum or a vig. It would have been much preferable to lynch someone else, so I don't think my not-hammering is really that important.

XLav needs to claim, and my vote will still be on HPG (as he never responded to my accusations except by repeating himself over and over).

VTL HPG.

accusation? there was an accusation? what accusation? Trying to cover up your misplay by not hammering the TP works much better if you weren't so transparent. What is more likely scum kill the TP or a vig?
My accusation that you're advocating that Town basically shrivel up in a corner and let fate decide who wins, rather than actually scumhunting by analysing behaviour and playstyles (those things you said were unable to be used to find scum). You're the one who's attacking the only way Town can win, so you calling me scummy is laughable.
Vote: Bossyburrito

Why didn't you hammer mortsdor? Whether or not it would have been preferable is wifomy at best, and you not hammering is possible scum motivated action.

I didn't hammer him for the same reasons you wanted him dead. If the reasoning behind his lynch was valid (i.e. if it was true that he was a threat to town if he could win alone/even if he could joint-win) for town, it's equally valid for scum. Every reason given last DP for his lynch equally applies to Mafia choosing a NK target. If Mafia was forced to NK Mort, they, quite obviously, could NOT kill any townies. Leaving Mort alive as bait could have saved us a dead townie - something that is, in no way, "scum motivated action".
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:19:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 10:09:37 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
How many scum do you guys think are in this game?

The joint-win survivor means that there's likely one less mafia than normal, right? If the survivor survives until MYLO or LYLO, he immediately joint-wins with Mafia, so he would be considered a mafia player in terms of balance. If anything, there's probably 1 less mafia than usual, as well as one more TP (possibly, at least).
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:19:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 10:10:50 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
At 12/21/2014 10:09:59 PM, headphonegut wrote:
If NKA is useful where is your analysis of it?

Currently withheld, to compare mine to others.

Your justifications are so fleshed-out, it's amazing.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:21:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Xlav, Rev, why'd you guys think Yama was claiming pacifist?
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:23:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 10:19:53 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/21/2014 10:10:50 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
At 12/21/2014 10:09:59 PM, headphonegut wrote:
If NKA is useful where is your analysis of it?

Currently withheld, to compare mine to others.

Your justifications are so fleshed-out, it's amazing.

Justifications are scummy. Town don't justify; they do. Scum justify.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:25:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 10:23:53 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
At 12/21/2014 10:19:53 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/21/2014 10:10:50 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
At 12/21/2014 10:09:59 PM, headphonegut wrote:
If NKA is useful where is your analysis of it?

Currently withheld, to compare mine to others.

Your justifications are so fleshed-out, it's amazing.

Justifications are scummy. Town don't justify; they do. Scum justify.

Lol, okay.

At 12/21/2014 10:07:55 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
At 12/21/2014 10:05:37 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/21/2014 10:02:02 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote::
Why have you justified none of your reads?

Bad question. I have justified them.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:26:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 10:17:41 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/21/2014 10:09:05 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/21/2014 9:35:45 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
It would have been a mistake to lynch Mort, as seen by the fact that, you know, he was killed by scum or a vig. It would have been much preferable to lynch someone else, so I don't think my not-hammering is really that important.

XLav needs to claim, and my vote will still be on HPG (as he never responded to my accusations except by repeating himself over and over).

VTL HPG.

accusation? there was an accusation? what accusation? Trying to cover up your misplay by not hammering the TP works much better if you weren't so transparent. What is more likely scum kill the TP or a vig?
My accusation that you're advocating that Town basically shrivel up in a corner and let fate decide who wins, rather than actually scumhunting by analysing behaviour and playstyles (those things you said were unable to be used to find scum). You're the one who's attacking the only way Town can win, so you calling me scummy is laughable.
Vote: Bossyburrito

Why didn't you hammer mortsdor? Whether or not it would have been preferable is wifomy at best, and you not hammering is possible scum motivated action.

I didn't hammer him for the same reasons you wanted him dead. If the reasoning behind his lynch was valid (i.e. if it was true that he was a threat to town if he could win alone/even if he could joint-win) for town, it's equally valid for scum. Every reason given last DP for his lynch equally applies to Mafia choosing a NK target. If Mafia was forced to NK Mort, they, quite obviously, could NOT kill any townies. Leaving Mort alive as bait could have saved us a dead townie - something that is, in no way, "scum motivated action".

Play style isn't alignment indicative. Take XLAV I suspect they always jump around from wagon to wagon are they scum cuz of it? It's how they play. Also you're reading way too much into it. More importantly why do you want mafia to decide what information we get? Mafia have no interest in killing the TP since they win when their members equal town a TP screws up the ratio how is that hard to understand? which brings me back to your action was scum motivated.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:29:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't trust medic but F-16 says he's town so I'm gonna defer to that read Today, as there are other scum to hunt.

Vote: Rev
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:30:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Also, I'm ignoring the headphone/bossy interaction. I'm not reading that sh!t unless someone other than headphone/bossy wants to direct my attention to something therein.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:40:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Danielle thanked XLAV and Nymph for contributing nothing, and her vote was on XLAV before switching it to Mort. She said the cop should be on bossy, numberwang, or XLAV. She said ashcan should be replaced. She said 1 and maybe 2 scum lie in XLAV, bossy, number, and ashcan. She town reads me, thinks HPG is town, and says that she thinks Nymph is prolly town but admits that she has no real justification.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:42:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 10:09:37 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
How many scum do you guys think are in this game?

With a TP, I'd go with 3.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 10:46:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
medic is playing pro-town, and based on Yama's hammer, Danielle probably investigated medic on N1 -- so that should clear him for now.

I lean town on Vel and Xlav, based on tone.

bossy and headphone are harder to read. Their posts are the kind that mafia can easily fake -- purely logical. And I hate the questions they've been asking -- they're not very helpful. On the other hand, both have put forth more effort than I'd expect from scum. But really, who knows...

Rev scares the sh!t out of me, after his play in Boy Bands. I dunno if he's town or mafia but based on the above, he's in the list of potential scum, based on process of elimination.

number and ashkan also worry me and are in my list of potential scum.

That's where I'm at. F-16's only input was the town-read on medic, which I agree with, at this point.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.