Total Posts:99|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Wars of the Roses Mafia - DP4

Subutai
Posts: 3,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 4:22:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
LYNCHED LAST DAY PHASE

numberwang - You are Thomas Fauconberg. You fought with distinction as a naval general during the Hundred Years War, and were originally a Lancastrian, but you switched to the Yorkists early on. After your cousin's rebellion against the Yorkists, you become a Lancastrian again. Thus, you are the Ascetic. You are immune to non-lethal actions. You win with the Lancastrians (town).

DIED IN THE NIGHT

XLAV - You are George Neville, the Archbishop of York. While your brother, Richard, Earl of Warwick is always part of the winning side, you are more loyal to the Lancastrian cause. You are very pious, and see the sinfulness of Edward VI's usurping of the English throne. Thus, you are the Priest. You learn the roles of players who visit you. You win the Lancastrians (town).

LIVING PLAYERS

1. RevNge
2. headphonegut
3. VelCrow
4. Bossyburrito
5. medic0506
6. ashkan
7. Nymphomaniac

It takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP ends no later than 10:00 PM, DDO time, Sunday (12/28)
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 7:05:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 7:03:48 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 12/26/2014 6:57:46 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Anybody got anything to report??

Do you?

lmao
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 7:06:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 7:05:43 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/26/2014 7:03:48 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 12/26/2014 6:57:46 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Anybody got anything to report??

Do you?

lmao

#shotsfired
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 7:08:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Anyway, if I remember, aside from the TP death, we did not lynch any scum this entire game.

We're most likely at LyLo, unless someone thinks a setup two scum and one TP out of eleven players is balanced...

Sorry for being inactive in DP3, by the way. I was focusing on LOZ Mafia.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 7:16:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 7:08:54 PM, RevNge wrote:
Anyway, if I remember, aside from the TP death, we did not lynch any scum this entire game.

We're most likely at LyLo, unless someone thinks a setup two scum and one TP out of eleven players is balanced...

Sorry for being inactive in DP3, by the way. I was focusing on LOZ Mafia.

two scum would make sense in a nine player game. Makes me think a town and TP were added, and not a TP and scum.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 7:17:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 7:16:20 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/26/2014 7:08:54 PM, RevNge wrote:
Anyway, if I remember, aside from the TP death, we did not lynch any scum this entire game.

We're most likely at LyLo, unless someone thinks a setup two scum and one TP out of eleven players is balanced...

Sorry for being inactive in DP3, by the way. I was focusing on LOZ Mafia.

two scum would make sense in a nine player game. Makes me think a town and TP were added, and not a TP and scum.

Wait, no, WTF? There are thirteen players.

Definitely three scum (we would have lost if there were four), unless there's another TP role or something? >.>
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 7:25:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 7:17:46 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 12/26/2014 7:16:20 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/26/2014 7:08:54 PM, RevNge wrote:
Anyway, if I remember, aside from the TP death, we did not lynch any scum this entire game.

We're most likely at LyLo, unless someone thinks a setup two scum and one TP out of eleven players is balanced...

Sorry for being inactive in DP3, by the way. I was focusing on LOZ Mafia.

two scum would make sense in a nine player game. Makes me think a town and TP were added, and not a TP and scum.

Wait, no, WTF? There are thirteen players.

Definitely three scum (we would have lost if there were four), unless there's another TP role or something? >.>

we should look at numberwangs wagon then.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 7:43:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
We;re likely at LYLO and should all claim at this point.

I'm a backup. Let's get the claims out there.

Also, nobody should vote until we figure out who we're lynching.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 7:58:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 7:03:48 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 12/26/2014 6:57:46 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Anybody got anything to report??

Do you?

Yeah, I need to report that I got nuttin' to report.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 8:01:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 7:43:20 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
We;re likely at LYLO and should all claim at this point.

I'm a backup. Let's get the claims out there.

Backup what?? I'm BP.

Also, nobody should vote until we figure out who we're lynching.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 11:38:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Who killed mort? That's town confirmation, basically.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 11:49:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 7:43:20 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
We;re likely at LYLO and should all claim at this point.

I'm a backup. Let's get the claims out there.

Also, nobody should vote until we figure out who we're lynching.

A backup???

We should look at passive roles for potential fake claims.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 11:50:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
headphone, claim.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 12:06:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think Danielle might have investigated us, by the way. Take a look at Danielle's posts on this page: http://www.debate.org...

Danielle said she assumed I was "auto-innocent," which medic questioned. Danielle then replied: "He's not, so it's a bad assumption on my part (though I have my reasons for wording things a certain way -- I'll explain later)." That might have been a soft-claim that she investigated us (also something mafia might have picked up on, which would explain why they killed Danielle).
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 12:11:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
medic is probably town. I'm town. Whoever killed mort is probably town. That leaves 3 mafia in a group of 4 players, which is good odds.

I'm also curious what the claims are, as that might give us some clues setup-wise, to further narrow things down.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 12:27:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/21/2014 9:35:45 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
It would have been a mistake to lynch Mort, as seen by the fact that, you know, he was killed by scum or a vig. It would have been much preferable to lynch someone else, so I don't think my not-hammering is really that important.

XLav needs to claim, and my vote will still be on HPG (as he never responded to my accusations except by repeating himself over and over).

VTL HPG.

bossy, explain this post from D3 -- why'd you say lynching mort would have been a mistake? We had no other options at that point except mort. Why'd you say "scum" could have killed mort? You think there is an SK?
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 1:30:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 11:50:27 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
headphone, claim.

Explain your claim.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 1:33:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 12:06:54 AM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
I think Danielle might have investigated us, by the way. Take a look at Danielle's posts on this page: http://www.debate.org...

Danielle said she assumed I was "auto-innocent," which medic questioned. Danielle then replied: "He's not, so it's a bad assumption on my part (though I have my reasons for wording things a certain way -- I'll explain later)." That might have been a soft-claim that she investigated us (also something mafia might have picked up on, which would explain why they killed Danielle).

Thats dp2
she can only investigate one person. You attempting to clear your self does not sit well with me.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 1:33:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 12:11:58 AM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
medic is probably town. I'm town. Whoever killed mort is probably town. That leaves 3 mafia in a group of 4 players, which is good odds.

I'm also curious what the claims are, as that might give us some clues setup-wise, to further narrow things down.

How is medic probably town?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:26:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 12:27:44 AM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
At 12/21/2014 9:35:45 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
It would have been a mistake to lynch Mort, as seen by the fact that, you know, he was killed by scum or a vig. It would have been much preferable to lynch someone else, so I don't think my not-hammering is really that important.

XLav needs to claim, and my vote will still be on HPG (as he never responded to my accusations except by repeating himself over and over).

VTL HPG.

bossy, explain this post from D3 -- why'd you say lynching mort would have been a mistake? We had no other options at that point except mort. Why'd you say "scum" could have killed mort? You think there is an SK?

You're operating from your assumption that HPG wasn't an option, and he most certainly was. He was a much better lynch, since the justification for lynching Mort (the idea that he's dangerous to Town because he can potentially scum-side or win alone) is exactly the same as the justification for Mafia night-killing him. If we left him alive and lynched someone else like HPG, we would force scum to get rid of him themselves before the endgame.

I said that scum could have killed Mort because, well, they could have. Was there any reason, at that point in time, to rule that possibility out? No matter who killed him, the point is that he was clearly a target for a night-kill by any faction - which both means that Town could have lynched someone else while leaving Mort to whatever night-killing roles. and that those killing roles couldn't target someone other than Mort who they could if he didn't need to be killed (i.e. if they didn't have to worry about Mort, they would have killed a townie).

Mort could have been used as bait, and we could have done something more productive with our lynch.

I've just caught up, but it's 6 AM here, so I'll post more thoughts when I wake up.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:33:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 5:26:35 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/27/2014 12:27:44 AM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
At 12/21/2014 9:35:45 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
It would have been a mistake to lynch Mort, as seen by the fact that, you know, he was killed by scum or a vig. It would have been much preferable to lynch someone else, so I don't think my not-hammering is really that important.

XLav needs to claim, and my vote will still be on HPG (as he never responded to my accusations except by repeating himself over and over).

VTL HPG.

bossy, explain this post from D3 -- why'd you say lynching mort would have been a mistake? We had no other options at that point except mort. Why'd you say "scum" could have killed mort? You think there is an SK?

You're operating from your assumption that HPG wasn't an option, and he most certainly was. He was a much better lynch, since the justification for lynching Mort (the idea that he's dangerous to Town because he can potentially scum-side or win alone) is exactly the same as the justification for Mafia night-killing him. If we left him alive and lynched someone else like HPG, we would force scum to get rid of him themselves before the endgame.

I said that scum could have killed Mort because, well, they could have. Was there any reason, at that point in time, to rule that possibility out? No matter who killed him, the point is that he was clearly a target for a night-kill by any faction - which both means that Town could have lynched someone else while leaving Mort to whatever night-killing roles. and that those killing roles couldn't target someone other than Mort who they could if he didn't need to be killed (i.e. if they didn't have to worry about Mort, they would have killed a townie).

Mort could have been used as bait, and we could have done something more productive with our lynch.

I've just caught up, but it's 6 AM here, so I'll post more thoughts when I wake up.

That doesn't make any sense since the third part does not count as a townie. You are just assuming they'll take his motivations into account. The mafia win when they equal or are greater than the town. Killing a TP does not advance their ultimate goal. The town when when all threats to it are eliminated not killing him violates our wincon. Do you not get that orrrrrrrrrrr...Letting him live was definitely without a doubt the wrong thing for you to do.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 9:22:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 9:10:59 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Still waiting for roles to be revealed and clarified.

I'm Vanilla again. >.>
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 10:50:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I became a pacifist... which I can prove after we figure out who we're lynching.

headphone probably killed mort, based on how he's playing. He's expecting his role to confirm him.

bossy claimed commuter.
medic claimed bulletproof.
ashkan claimed bomb.

Vel still needs to claim.

number was an ascetic.
Xlav was a priest.
Danielle was a cop.
Yama was a pacifist.
Bullish was a mimic.

mort was survivor.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 10:50:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 10:50:16 AM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
I became a pacifist... which I can prove after we figure out who we're lynching.

headphone probably killed mort, based on how he's playing. He's expecting his role to confirm him.

bossy claimed commuter.
medic claimed bulletproof.
ashkan claimed bomb.

Vel still needs to claim.

number was an ascetic.
Xlav was a priest.
Danielle was a cop.
Yama was a pacifist.
Bullish was a mimic.

mort was survivor.

Rev is vanilla.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 11:01:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Rev, any reads?
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 11:01:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
medic, any reads?
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
Nymphomaniac
Posts: 665
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 11:04:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm thinking bossy/ashkan/vel at the moment.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.