Posted: 1 year ago
MAFIA WINS!

PLACEMENTS

First Place: Mafia
Second Place: Town
Third Place: Survivor

SETUP

Lancastrians (town):

Danielle - You are Henry VI. You have been through some ups and a lot of downs. Your rule has been long, but fractious. First, you lost England's lands in France, then you were partially to blame for plunging England into a brutal civil war. You need all the supporters you can get right now, no matter what it takes. Thus, you are the Cop. You can determine players' alignments. You win with the Lancastrians (town). (paranoid)

VelCrow - You are Margaret of Anjou. While Henry was partially to blame for splitting the country up, you were also responsible during Henry VI's bouts of insanity when you took over the throne. You are clever, , dangerous to all you rule over, and in desperate need of powerful supporters. Thus, you are the Doctor. You can prevent the death of players. You win with the Lancastrians (town).

Comrade_Silly_Otter (later headphonegut) - You are Edward of Westminster. The son of Henry VI and Margaret of Anjou, you hope to inherit the throne on your father's death. However, the Yorkist revolt has your succession in jeopardy. You must be paranoid, decisive in victory and oppressive to dissidence upon your succession. Thus, you are the Vigilante. You may kill another player during one NP. You win with the Lancastrians (town).

Nymphomaniac (with F-16 hydra) - You are Edward Beaufort, Duke of Somerset. You are a Lancastrian general fighting Edward's forces. You were not very supportive of Henry VI reclaiming his throne, but nevertheless, you are loyal to their cause. Thus, you are the Universal Backup. You assume the role the first town player to die. You win with the Lancastrians (town).

XLAV - You are George Neville, the Archbishop of York. While your brother, Richard, Earl of Warwick is always part of the winning side, you are more loyal to the Lancastrian cause. You are very pious, and see the sinfulness of Edward VI's usurping of the English throne. Thus, you are the Priest. You learn the roles of players who visit you. You win the Lancastrians (town).

bossyburrito - You are John de Vere, Earl of Oxford. An important general during most of the Wars of the Roses, you fought very well for the Lancastrian cause with dignity, honor, and loyalty. You were part of the later Battle of Bosworth, which established total Lancastrian control at the end of the Wars of the Roses, but right now, you are in a tenuous position in these tenuous times. But, you were one of the few to survive everything. Thus, you are the Commuter. You can't be targeted at night. You win with the Lancastrians (town).

Bullish - You are Robert Welles. The leader of a popular rebellion against the Yorkists, your goal is to be higher up in the royal court. However, being just a baron, you have a long way to rise before you can make any real presence known. You will need to be crafty to rise up the ladder. Thus, you are the Mimic. You can copy another player's role. You win with the Lancastrians (town).

numberwang - You are Thomas Fauconberg. You fought with distinction as a naval general during the Hundred Years War, and were originally a Lancastrian, but you switched to the Yorkists early on. After your cousin's rebellion against the Yorkists, you become a Lancastrian again. Thus, you are the Ascetic. You are immune to non-lethal actions. You win with the Lancastrians (town).

YamaVonKarma - You are the peasant. With no real important role in the war, you just fight for the side that looks like it's going to win in an effort to stay alive and preserve your property. Right now, that's the Lancastrians. Thus, you are the Pacifist. You cannot place votes on people at L-1 (i.e. you can't hammer someone). You win with the Lancastrians.

Yorkists (mafia):

ashkan - You are Edward IV. You are the usurper of the English crown. However, you see your gains crumbling around you. You are desperate to maintain your tenuous position of power from people who have legitimate claims to the throne. You will do whatever it takes to do so. Thus, you are the 2-shot Roleblocker. You can prevent the use of another player's role. You win with the Yorkists (mafia).

RevNge - You are George Plantagenet, brother of Edward IV. You are notorious for switching sides and are suspected of treason against your brother. You have aspirations for the throne yourself. Right now, your situation with him is shaky at best. Thus, you are the Godfather. You are investigated as town to sane (non-flavored) investigative roles. You win with the Yorkists (mafia).

Bblackkbbirdd (later Medic0506) - You are Richard Plantagenet, youngest brother of the three. History would remember you are Richard III, but right now, your are Edward IV's loyal brother. You have always been by his side through the worst of times, including right now. You work essentially as Edward's assistant. Thus, you are the Role Cop. You learn players' roles. You win with the Yorkists (mafia).

Third Party:

mortsdor - You are Richard Neville, King of Warwick. History would later call you the kingmaker, and that is a very accurate description, being instrumental in the deposition of two kings. You are hungry for power, stopping at nothing to see what you want done. You play both sides to your advantage, and you will only back down upon your death. Thus, you are the Joint-Win Survivor. You win simply by staying alive until another faction achieves its win condition.

ACTIONS

DP1

Lynch Yama

NP1

VelCrow doc number
Danielle cop Rev

NK Bullish
Bird rolecop Danielle

DP2

No lynch

NP2

VelCrow's action forfeited
Danielle cop numberwang

NK Danielle
ashkan roleblock nymph
Medic rolecop VelCrow

DP3

Lynch numberwang

NP3

VelCrow doc on HPG

NK XLAV
ash roleblock VelCrow
Medic rolecop Nymph

DP4

No lynch.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 10:35:17 PM
The ratio at the end of DP4 was 4-3, mafia knew who the doc was, and there was no other town role that could have prevented an NK, so the ratio in DP5 would have been 3-3, so that's why the game's over.

ANALYSIS

I would like to thank those who were active and stuck it out. There were two huge noob slips, and bird's slip probably ruined the game. However, town was was too inactive and dissonant to get anything accomplished. This is exemplified in DP4, where Nymph made a very good analysis, but wasn't followed up upon by the other members. The mafia team was very good. No mafia player died. Town should think about that.

Medic was probably the MVP of this game. He came in with a 4/6 lynch on him, and ended up leading the mafia to victory. The town's MVP is Nymph, due to his reads. mortsdor's demise was the result of a vig that just wanted him dead, so I can't say he did a bad job.

I realize this game had defects, but I still think town could have done a much better job than it did. Thank you to all who made my first experience in modding fun.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 10:35:34 PM
Sorry someone ruined your game Subutai :(. And sorry I wasn't as active as I'd have liked to be.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 10:36:08 PM
I forgot to note that HPG vigged mortsdor in NP2.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 10:37:34 PM
At 12/28/2014 10:35:34 PM, headphonegut wrote:
Sorry someone ruined your game Subutai :(. And sorry I wasn't as active as I'd have liked to be.

For a replacement that had an immediate scum read due to CSO's slip, I think you did pretty good. You and Nymph did a good job. It's just bossy, and especially VelCrow didn't pile onto your analyses.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 10:39:04 PM
"I came into this game with a noose around my neck because of a noob brainfart, and got out...only to have another noob let a brainfart and end up getting my arse shot." -Medic0506
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 10:39:24 PM

Why vig the TP? :P
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 10:40:58 PM
At 12/28/2014 10:37:34 PM, Subutai wrote:

For a replacement that had an immediate scum read due to CSO's slip, I think you did pretty good. You and Nymph did a good job. It's just bossy, and especially VelCrow didn't pile onto your analyses.

Thanks, voted for Ashkahn at the end to show who I'd have voted. He did mess up big time talking about your game and outting himself and medic. It should be stated in all games that discussion about ongoing games is not allowed.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 10:42:33 PM
At 12/28/2014 10:39:24 PM, RevNge wrote:

Why vig the TP? :P

cuz bossy didn't hammer him and I didn't want to waste another DP on him. And because I have no idea whom he'd have sided with. He was a threat and it would have been against my wincon to let him live.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 10:42:43 PM
Always nice to see a relatively new scum team win one.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 10:53:12 PM
At 12/28/2014 10:52:01 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
How is it that people never lynch Rev when he's clearly scum?
How do you read Rev?

I can read him, he aint that hard to read, but it takes a while.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 10:54:43 PM
At 12/28/2014 10:53:12 PM, XLAV wrote:
How do you read Rev?

It generally takes a DP or 2. He's getting better. In Les Mis, were I playing rather than modding, I'd have lynched him within the first few posts. Here, it took me a while. I'll go back and find the post at a later time, if you like.

^
Basically.
Nymphomaniac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 11:06:57 PM
I played like sh!t. Never got into the game until it was too late.

medic played really well -- F-16's only read the whole game was medic as town -- so definitely a deserved win.

Remember when I asked why Danielle was killed? I asked because I had a gut suspicion medic killed her, based on thinking of her as a threat. LOL.
Fill all my holes, please.

http://www.debate.org...

: At 11/17/2014 9:30:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 11:09:25 PM
At 12/28/2014 10:53:12 PM, XLAV wrote:
How do you read Rev?

The biggest tell (though there were others) was Rev's attempt to push a lynch on Blackbird despite clearly understanding that Blackbird was a noob. Rev's go-to defense for his actions has always been "I'm new, senpai pls." Given that, one would expect Rev to be understanding, not tyrannical. Suddenly, in post 60 of DP2, Rev reverses his position and says he wouldn't lynch over a noob slip. Why? Because something happened in that PM to change his mind. Furthermore, Rev was the only player who openly acknowledged Blackbird's noobieness. This meant one of two things: Rev and Blackbird could not be on a team (betraying the inside knowledge Rev was scum) or that Rev and Blackbird were scum buddies, and Rev was trying to bus for town credit (and to distance himself from Blackbird's...mistake). In neither scenario is Rev town.
Nymphomaniac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 11:13:59 PM
At 12/28/2014 10:42:43 PM, Maikuru wrote:

I wouldn't call Rev and medic new, though.

: I killed Nymph because her reads were incredibly good. I thought it was a result of inside knowledge.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 11:34:54 PM
I'm going to say this once, and it will be one of the very rare times I insult any of you.

You are idiots for not lynching Bird.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 12:08:30 AM
At 12/28/2014 11:13:59 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:

Oh, I thought Rev was new. My bads.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Nymphomaniac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 12:15:03 AM
At 12/29/2014 12:08:30 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/28/2014 11:13:59 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:

Oh, I thought Rev was new. My bads.

I guess he is new, but he's been scum quite a few times now. He pretty much carried the team in Boy Bands, too.

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 7:47:01 AM
Good game everyone. For my first game in two years it was a pretty exciting one.

My teammates had already rolecopped Dani on NP 1 and learned that she was the cop. We found the doc on NP 2 and were able to RB him twice, making sure our kills went through.

HPG was a big worry for me though, since he was in the beginner game and saw the comment that outed both Ash and me as scum in this game. I thought he was just a regular vig so I was sure he was gonna shoot me to test Ash's comment.

My stomach knotted up when I learned that Nymph was a FT/F-16 hydra. I just knew they were gonna know that I was scum because Dani was killed early. With her being cop though, killing her early was a no-brainer for mafia because our roleblocker was only a 2-shot.

I feel bad for Sub. This game was a mod's nightmare, due to all the noob mistakes. It didn't end with Otter and Blackbird. Ash outed us both as scum, in a comment in the beginners game, and I just had to play it off as him not understanding the question that Ore asked him. HPG saw that comment too, and though he didn't bring it up in this game, there was no way that he would have bought me or ash as town.

Inactivity was the town's downfall. Even at lylo, I think you would have had enough votes to lynch Ash, then I would have been the obvious next lynch, due to Ash's comment in the other game. The game was still winnable for town, and I honestly thought that we were dead meat.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 7:52:41 AM
At 12/28/2014 10:37:43 PM, RevNge wrote:
Boo, would have been fun to lynch Nymph. ;D

Hats off to Medic for being a great scum buddy.

You too. Glad you were on my team in this one. I wasn't lying in the last round, when I said I couldn't get a read on you. That would have been true even if I were town. Good job.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 7:56:08 AM
At 12/28/2014 10:46:42 PM, XLAV wrote:
Lol, medic was unexpected.

Was right about Ashkan and Rev at least.

Why couldn't I get you lynched??
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 8:00:40 AM
At 12/28/2014 11:06:57 PM, Nymphomaniac wrote:
I played like sh!t. Never got into the game until it was too late.

medic played really well -- F-16's only read the whole game was medic as town -- so definitely a deserved win.

Remember when I asked why Danielle was killed? I asked because I had a gut suspicion medic killed her, based on thinking of her as a threat. LOL.

I knew as soon as you revelaed your old name that you'd catch on to that, but I think we still had to do it since we knew she was a cop. I just had to deal with the consequences. Even if it got me lynched, it was the best move for our team.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 8:12:04 AM

roflmao

You can still lynch me in Legend of Zelda. ;D
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 8:13:44 AM
At 12/28/2014 11:09:25 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Rev's go-to defense for his actions has always been "I'm new, senpai pls."

XD
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 9:14:26 AM
At 12/29/2014 7:56:08 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 12/28/2014 10:46:42 PM, XLAV wrote:
Lol, medic was unexpected.

Was right about Ashkan and Rev at least.

Why couldn't I get you lynched??

Because town needs my reads, lol

Sadly I was too busy with the holidays.