Jump to topic:

Gamers or DEVs? We need you!

Cody5992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 1:50:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hello ~Everyone! I am working in a Chinese mobile game company and our games are all for western gamers. However, I am not a professional gamer and don"t know well about western game market"I really want to ask some questions that always make me confused : where do people find games from? What is the point that can attract western gamers, the graphic? Story? Or just follow the crowd?
This is our team"s website: http://dutytogamie.com...
We really need your feedback about our games and any advice about games is welcome. I am looking for some English native people who are familiar with games to give us some help in game promotion. Part-time job is also acceptable, and I hope indie developers can communicate with us on games" promotion and marketing!~ BTW, if you need our help, feel free to contact me. My skype is chen.cody3,Gmail: codylovewon
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 12:39:20 AM
At 12/29/2014 11:56:53 PM, TUF wrote:
Everything about this screams scam to me.

What!? How could you possibly think that about a clearly honest and legitimate businessman from China! You're clearly racist!

;)
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Cody5992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 12:59:12 AM
At 12/30/2014 12:39:20 AM, Zaradi wrote:

What!? How could you possibly think that about a clearly honest and legitimate businessman from China! You're clearly racist!

;)
thank you for your understanding:)
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 1:08:53 AM
At 12/30/2014 12:59:12 AM, Cody5992 wrote:

;)

Not a problem friend! I can understand an honest businessman's desire for expansion and profit can take him to do some questionable things in order to attract new talent. I mean, there's no way that posting an ad for gaming developers on the forum board of a debating website could totally be portrayed as kind of fishy, but for people to go one step further and claim that you're trying to run a scam?! That's down-right insulting!
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Cody5992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 2:27:22 AM
At 12/30/2014 1:08:53 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 12/30/2014 12:59:12 AM, Cody5992 wrote:

;)

Not a problem friend! I can understand an honest businessman's desire for expansion and profit can take him to do some questionable things in order to attract new talent. I mean, there's no way that posting an ad for gaming developers on the forum board of a debating website could totally be portrayed as kind of fishy, but for people to go one step further and claim that you're trying to run a scam?! That's down-right insulting!
OK, I see. Anyway I just wanna find a partner who would like to help with our mobile games' promotion...If this thread brings trouble for people here, I would give my sincere apology.:)
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 2:43:31 AM

;)

Yes, it was his nationality that makes this whole thing sketchy ;-)
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Cody5992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 2:52:18 AM
At 12/30/2014 2:43:31 AM, TUF wrote:

;)

Yes, it was his nationality that makes this whole thing sketchy ;-)
really boring. IDGAF:)
LDPOFODebATeR0328
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 3:04:43 AM
At 12/29/2014 1:50:59 AM, Cody5992 wrote:
Hello ~Everyone! I am working in a Chinese mobile game company and our games are all for western gamers. However, I am not a professional gamer and don"t know well about western game market"I really want to ask some questions that always make me confused : where do people find games from? What is the point that can attract western gamers, the graphic? Story? Or just follow the crowd?
We really need your feedback about our games and any advice about games is welcome. I am looking for some English native people who are familiar with games to give us some help in game promotion. Part-time job is also acceptable, and I hope indie developers can communicate with us on games" promotion and marketing!~ BTW, if you need our help, feel free to contact me. My skype is chen.cody3,Gmail: codylovewon

Well, although I'm Asian, I'm pretty sure I could help you out here. I really enjoy playing mobile games, during my free time. I mostly play these three games on my phone: Vainglory, Clash of Clans, and Modern Combat 5: Blackout. These three games are extremely popular in App Store (especially Clash of Clans). They have one thing in common: multiplayer. Multiplayer is usually fun for everyone; mainly because you can interact with others. Just try making a game like Clash of Clans (because FPS and MOBA games are too hard to develop). Start off small, and make sure to make it FREE. If you want to earn money, enable in-app purchases. Try working on one big project, rather than making numerous small games. That's what happened to Supercell. They started off with Clash of Clans, and now, they are considered as one of the most famous mobile game companies.

I hope it helps. ^^
Typical
Cody5992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 4:02:25 AM
At 12/30/2014 3:04:43 AM, LDPOFODebATeR0328 wrote:

Well, although I'm Asian, I'm pretty sure I could help you out here. I really enjoy playing mobile games, during my free time. I mostly play these three games on my phone: Vainglory, Clash of Clans, and Modern Combat 5: Blackout. These three games are extremely popular in App Store (especially Clash of Clans). They have one thing in common: multiplayer. Multiplayer is usually fun for everyone; mainly because you can interact with others. Just try making a game like Clash of Clans (because FPS and MOBA games are too hard to develop). Start off small, and make sure to make it FREE. If you want to earn money, enable in-app purchases. Try working on one big project, rather than making numerous small games. That's what happened to Supercell. They started off with Clash of Clans, and now, they are considered as one of the most famous mobile game companies.

I hope it helps. ^^

Thank you :)
may be u can add my skype:chen.cody3
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 1:13:40 PM

I see... what prefecture? How many Renminbi has anything you've produced generated? How is your English so good?
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 1:22:06 PM
At 12/30/2014 1:13:40 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

I see... what prefecture? How many Renminbi has anything you've produced generated? How is your English so good?

*headdesk*
Cody5992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 8:40:09 PM
At 12/30/2014 1:13:40 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

You mean where I am from? Our team is located in Shenzhen,Guangdong province. My english? Ok, there is a major called foreign language, any problem?