Star Wars EU Mafia DP1

trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:01:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Rules
1) Do not copy-paste your role PM, or any mod communications originating outside the game thread.
2) Quotes can be c/p-ed, but soft-claiming how many words/sentences are in your quote or what's the 6th letter, etc. is not allowed.
3) No posting is allowed after I've declared a lynch (or no lynch) and the DP has ended. Upon breaching this, every and any player will get one warning before getting mod-killed.
4) Any player that doesn't post during a DP or forfeits a Night Action due to the time limit will be replaced (if a replacement is available.)
5) No excessive quoting, i.e. if you reply with quoted text, delete the sections you are not responding to.

Additional Info/Notes
1) Characters for this game were picked from the expanded Star Wars universe. This could include characters from the theatrical films, various cartoons, video games, comics, and novels.
2) I have provided no verbose justifications for character-role associations. Instead, I have provided quotes which, in most cases, give hints to why that character has that role(s).
3) Town was provided with the following win condition information:
Affiliation/Win Condition: You win with the Town. The Town wins when it eliminates all opposing factions.
4) If present, other factions may or may not count as an "opposing" faction to the Town.
5) Role names may refer to well known rules, they may be names that could indicate different roles depending where you look, they may be made up. However, you should be careful not to assume you know the exact capability of a role just based on its name.
6) If there's any confusion about anything ask in your respective role PMs.

Living Players
1. XLAV
2. Maikuru
3. EndarkenedRationalist
4. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
5. Danielle
6. Ore_Ele/Lucky_Luciano
7. TN05
8. ford_prefect
9. bossyburrito
10. AnDoctuir
11. Daltonian
12. RevNge
13. 1harderthanyouthink
14. HPG
15. mortsdor
16. Khaos_Mage

With 16 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch and 8 votes to end the DP in a "No Lynch."

~94 hours remaining
The DP will end no later than 12:00 AM, DDO time, Thursday, January 1th.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:07:42 AM
Let's get going, then.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:11:29 AM
Vote: Bossyburrito

for being a lurker last game.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:16:27 AM
At 12/29/2014 2:11:29 AM, headphonegut wrote:

I'd rather not claim. I can confirm my role to you in the night, and then you'll buy what I'm sellin', capiche?

Also, I was town last game, lol. We should pressure a noob now.

Is 1harderthanyouthink a noob? I don't know, but I don't think I've played with him before.

VTL 1harderthanyouthink
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:23:23 AM
At 12/29/2014 2:16:27 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

I'd rather not claim. I can confirm my role to you in the night, and then you'll buy what I'm sellin', capiche?

Is 1harderthanyouthink a noob? I don't know, but I don't think I've played with him before.

VTL 1harderthanyouthink

I played 2 beginner's series and 1 other game.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:26:09 AM
VTL Bossyburrito

You look suspicious when you're defensive and refuse to claim when one vote has been placed on you, IMO.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:31:29 AM
At 12/29/2014 2:26:09 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
VTL Bossyburrito

You look suspicious when you're defensive and refuse to claim when one vote has been placed on you, IMO.

he's the only guy you talked to...I don't think he should claim. My vote was random no rhyme or reason behind it besides a joke vote to get things started.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:32:34 AM
At 12/29/2014 2:31:29 AM, headphonegut wrote:
VTL Bossyburrito

he's the only guy you talked to...I don't think he should claim. My vote was random no rhyme or reason behind it besides a joke vote to get things started.

It's not whether or not he should claim: it's how he immediately said he won't when a vote was placed on him.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:33:38 AM
At 12/29/2014 2:23:23 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

VTL 1harderthanyouthink

Relative to the majority of the other players here, you're a noob.

"You look suspicious when you're defensive and refuse to claim when one vote has been placed on you, IMO."

What, should I have claimed immediately? What else should I have done? I don't get this at all.

I was "defensive" because I didn't want to claim, and no one should want to claim with that little pressure (except for, like, millers or whatever).
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:34:58 AM
At 12/29/2014 2:32:34 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
VTL Bossyburrito

It's not whether or not he should claim: it's how he immediately said he won't when a vote was placed on him.

Again, should I have just ignored it? What's the point in that? Explain how what I did was anti-town/scum-motivated instead of just saying that I was "defensive".
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:36:09 AM
VTL Bossyburrito

... Unvote to lynch : Bossyburrito

so you think you have scum from one interaction? it just sounds like an OMGUS vote to me. he assumed I wanted his claim and said no. tbh I was just looking to get the game going.

why is refusing to claim with one vote on you indication of alignment?
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:39:24 AM
At 12/29/2014 2:33:38 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

VTL 1harderthanyouthink

Whatever. What do you plan on accomplishing in pressuring me?

"You look suspicious when you're defensive and refuse to claim when one vote has been placed on you, IMO."

What, should I have claimed immediately? What else should I have done? I don't get this at all.

No. You should barely acknowledge that vote. The only thing I would've addressed would be that the reasoning: whether he was joking or not.

I was "defensive" because I didn't want to claim, and no one should want to claim with that little pressure (except for, like, millers or whatever).

Exactly...nobody claims at the first vote: you were jumpy when you shouldn't have been.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:40:03 AM
At 12/29/2014 2:36:09 AM, headphonegut wrote:
VTL Bossyburrito

so you think you have scum from one interaction? it just sounds like an OMGUS vote to me. he assumed I wanted his claim and said no. tbh I was just looking to get the game going.

It looked like he got jumpy...at one vote.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:46:58 AM
At 12/29/2014 2:40:03 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
VTL Bossyburrito

oh I see what you're saying. I'm a silly pony. this pony doesnt buy it tho. Burritopony responded cuz they thought This pony was asking him to claim and said no thx. He voted thinkingpony and immediately after thinkingpony thought him scum. Seeing some bias there on thinkingpony'so part maybe?? Stop being an obstinate pony with your read.
trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:52:13 AM
Vote Count
About to be thrown into the Great Pit of Carkoon...
Bossyburrito (1/9) - 1harderthanyouthink
1harderthanyouthink (1/9) - bossyburrito

Some unexpected family issues came up for Dalt so he asked to be replaced. I'm already on it but it might take some time.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:57:22 AM
At 12/29/2014 2:39:24 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 12/29/2014 2:33:38 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

VTL 1harderthanyouthink

Whatever. What do you plan on accomplishing in pressuring me?
I'm trying to get your claim.

No. You should barely acknowledge that vote. The only thing I would've addressed would be that the reasoning: whether he was joking or not.
Justify this, please. You're literally just throwing out commandments. I reacted the way I did because, if someone asks you for a claim and you don't want to give him one, you say that you don't want to give him one. Why should it be anything different? What has town lost from my post?

Exactly...nobody claims at the first vote: you were jumpy when you shouldn't have been.

lol, this is absurd. I wasn't "jumpy" - I just wanted to make it clear, before anyone else piled on the wagon, that I didn't want to claim. You've pointed out no actual reasons why this was a bad play - you've just been throwing out scary-sounding buzzwords.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:58:43 AM
At 12/29/2014 2:46:58 AM, headphonegut wrote:
VTL Bossyburrito

oh I see what you're saying. I'm a silly pony. this pony doesnt buy it tho. Burritopony responded cuz they thought This pony was asking him to claim and said no thx. He voted thinkingpony and immediately after thinkingpony thought him scum. Seeing some bias there on thinkingpony'so part maybe?? Stop being an obstinate pony with your read.

This gave me cancer, but it's pretty accurate.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 2:59:33 AM
VTL Bossyburrito

-_-

I don't have a strong scum read on him. What he did was, in my honest opinion, jumpy...and thus suspicious.

Whether or not you think it is OMGUS is not my concern.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 3:07:20 AM
I'm getting off of DDO for a bit...12 or so straight hours active isn't healthy, lol.

I'll be back soon (probably).

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 3:11:06 AM
Vote Count
About to be thrown into the Great Pit of Carkoon...
Bossyburrito (1/9) - 1harderthanyouthink
1harderthanyouthink (1/9) - bossyburrito
RevNge (1/9) - XLAV

Wylted has replaced Daltonian.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 3:14:15 AM
At 12/29/2014 2:59:33 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
VTL Bossyburrito

-_-

I don't have a strong scum read on him. What he did was, in my honest opinion, jumpy...and thus suspicious.

*cut* 2cool4pony

Thats fine This pony likes thinkingpony's style keep riding your read out of the early game.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 3:23:02 AM
At 12/29/2014 3:05:31 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 12/29/2014 2:52:13 AM, trekie wrote:
Is it still possible to get Wylted as a hydra?

if a pony want to make some heads they should do it well before the game has started imo. Postin cuz it's 3 and this pony can't sleep (it's so cold).
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 6:38:39 AM
I may very possibly end up disappearing until after New Years; but I am town lol... Please don't lynch me.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 6:45:06 AM
At 12/29/2014 6:38:39 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I may very possibly end up disappearing until after New Years; but I am town lol... Please don't lynch me.

Why?
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 6:46:08 AM
At 12/29/2014 6:45:06 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 12/29/2014 6:38:39 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Why?

Because 'tis the season to be jolly dude, lol. Errry damned night lol
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 8:04:42 AM
Looks like I'm a little late to the party.

Let me get things sorted up with the Beginner's game and I'll jump in.