What is the average Mafia sign-up time?

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 5:32:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/2/2015 5:02:46 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Could someone please tell me: how long does it take to get a Mafia game ready?

Answers would be very much appreciated.

Ready from what point? Games usually take no more than two weeks to start after sign-ups are posted and all slots are filled, though it really varies on a game-to-game basis.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 5:52:20 AM
At 1/2/2015 5:32:32 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

Ready from what point? Games usually take no more than two weeks to start after sign-ups are posted and all slots are filled, though it really varies on a game-to-game basis.

Do start-ups ever completely fill in under an hour? Thank you for responding, btw.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 5:55:04 AM
At 1/2/2015 5:52:20 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Do start-ups ever completely fill in under an hour? Thank you for responding, btw.

I can't really see it happening... if it's a very small game, it might take under a day, but it would be unlikely that enough people would be simultaneously online for one to fill up in under an hour. Most times it takes 2-3 days to fill up a medium-sized game, I suppose (though I don't really watch these things closely).
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 5:56:44 AM
At 1/2/2015 5:55:04 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

I can't really see it happening... if it's a very small game, it might take under a day, but it would be unlikely that enough people would be simultaneously online for one to fill up in under an hour. Most times it takes 2-3 days to fill up a medium-sized game, I suppose (though I don't really watch these things closely).

Excellent. I just wanted an idea for the Mafia debate I'm about to do. I'll reference you in it, if you like.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 6:04:22 AM
At 1/2/2015 5:56:44 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Excellent. I just wanted an idea for the Mafia debate I'm about to do. I'll reference you in it, if you like.

Here's a google search for a lot of recent sign-up threads: https://www.google.com...

You can just compare timestamps to see how long they took to fill up.

The average time they take to fill up is really, really variable. There are some that took over a week, while this one (http://www.debate.org...) took less than a full day. I think, more than anything, it has to do with the number of concurrent games going on at any given time.

I don't need to be referenced, lol - this is publicly available knowledge, and, either way, I'm not really an expert.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 8:13:36 AM

I'm not sure what you are asking for, but the answer is: it depends.

As a player:
You sign-up and wait for the sign-ups to fill and then for the mod to assign your role (i.e. send you a PM). The game will not start until sign-ups are filled, and, since there are usually only two games going at any one time (excluding the beginner series), the sign-ups are usually started in advance so when one game ends another can begin.

Sign-ups can take anywhere from 1 day to 3 weeks, and sometimes the sign-up is abandoned due to lack of interest.
It's really no different than signing up for a debate tournament or even issuing a challenge debate to someone. You have to wait until it's full/accepted, and no one can predict how long that will take.

As a mod:
Before a sign-up thread can begin, you need to know how many players you need. This depends on your game set-up, and this can vary drastically between the mod.
For some, they use a pre-existing balanced game set-up, like JK9++
http://wiki.mafiascum.net...
While others, like Buddamoose, will create a themed game with an original story, so there are characters and backstories, and roles need to be matched to characters and the game needs to be balanced for fairness. Obviously, one takes much more time than the other.

Once sign-ups are complete and the game can begin, it is just a matter of sending out the role PMs, so, that takes less than an hour. The role PMs, again, vary in difficulity and time, ranging from:
Zaroette - Doctor -Town
to
Zaroette you are Belle. In the show you are a princess who was captured and imprisoned by Queen Regina, as a form of revenge against Mr. Gold. As the person who turned "The Dark One" good, you are the Beloved Princess. If you are lynched a Day Phase is skipped. If you are Night-Killed, a Night Phase will be skipped. You win with the town. (a themed game based on a TV show)
to
you are Antrel Brown, known in TITAN as Jason. The agencies lawyer, you are simply the best when it comes to legal defense. Though your services are rarely required, when they are, you are able to boast a perfect success rate. Thus each night you will choose one player besides yourself. That player will show as innocent to any affiliation investigation performed on them that night. (a made up storyline)

I have no idea if this answers your question or not.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 8:39:37 AM

To get roles made if you sit down and do it right it can be an hour pending on the details. For the sign-ups waiting period it takes about a month or two pending on the interest in the game.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 11:26:07 AM
At 1/2/2015 5:56:44 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Also, after you sign up to mod a game it takes 2-4 months for it to reach the top of the list.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 2:25:10 PM

They used to quite frequently. It really depends on the theme and who is moderating. Well known moderators will get their games filled much more quickly.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 4:35:10 PM

I'd tell you but this thread is lame. You are probably looking for more ammunition for your DAMP (discrimination against mafia players) debate. I will not allow myself to be subjected to DAMP. I will not allow a DAMP supporter to step into our backyard, the Games Forum and collect information to fulfill her DAMP agenda. But I also don't want to be insulting so I will take a leaf out of Gandhi's non violent book and provide you a non-violent response.

The length of time it takes to get a mafia game ready is the sum of the time it takes for the mod's turn to come up in the mod list, for the mod to design the mafia game, and for the sign ups to fill. When all these things are done, a mafia game is ready. Now please do not discriminate against us in our own backyard. Down with DAMP!

Down with DAMP!
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 4:36:39 PM
At 1/2/2015 4:35:10 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I'd tell you but this thread is lame. You are probably looking for more ammunition for your DAMP (discrimination against mafia players) debate. I will not allow myself to be subjected to DAMP. I will not allow a DAMP supporter to step into our backyard, the Games Forum and collect information to fulfill her DAMP agenda. But I also don't want to be insulting so I will take a leaf out of Gandhi's non violent book and provide you a non-violent response.

The length of time it takes to get a mafia game ready is the sum of the time it takes for the mod's turn to come up in the mod list, for the mod to design the mafia game, and for the sign ups to fill. When all these things are done, a mafia game is ready. Now please do not discriminate against us in our own backyard. Down with DAMP!

Down with DAMP!

Lol. Enjoy wasting your life on this dumb game.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 5:23:04 PM
At 1/2/2015 4:36:39 PM, Zarroette wrote:

Down with DAMP!

If it is enjoyment, then it isn't a waste, lol.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 5:23:45 PM
At 1/2/2015 5:23:04 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Down with DAMP!

Maybe you should be taking the debate then :)
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 5:25:12 PM
At 1/2/2015 5:23:45 PM, Zarroette wrote:

Down with DAMP!

Didn't someone already?
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 5:30:24 PM

Down with DAMP!

Aren't debates meant to have you sway your opponent's opinion of a subject? If so I don't think there's any point debating her.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 5:52:22 PM

Down with DAMP!

If you want the best debater, then there are others that want it over me.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 5:53:08 PM
At 1/2/2015 5:52:22 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Down with DAMP!

If you want the best debater, then there are others that want it over me.

Agreed ;)