Jump to topic:

The Legend of Zelda Mafia ENDGAME

TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 10:03:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
With Endark lynched, the mafia and town are split 1-1. As there is no possible way for the town to recover, the mafia wins!

1st place - Mafia (Yama, Khaos, F-16, Nympho/Yraelz)
2nd place - Town
3rd place - Third-party

Day phases
DP1 - http://www.debate.org...
DP2 - http://www.debate.org...
DP3 - http://www.debate.org...
DP4 - http://www.debate.org...
DP5 - http://www.debate.org...
DP6 - http://www.debate.org...
DP7 - http://www.debate.org...
DP8 - http://www.debate.org...

Players
1. Wylted - Talon - Doctor - Town
2. Danielle - Impa - Bodyguard - Town
3. Wylted (replaced lannan) - Midna - Miller - Town
4. ford_prefect - Running Man - 2x commuter - Town
5. YamaVonKarma - Demise - Strongman - Mafia
6. KhaosMage - Ganon - Recruiter - Mafia
7. RevNge - Medigoron - Vanilla - Town
8. johnnyboy54 - Vaati - JOAT (1x RB, NK) - Third-party
9. numberwang - Saria - Mod confirmed - Town
10. F-16 Fighting Falcon - Link - Hated - Town (converted to Mafia)
11. Maikuru - Zelda - Dreamer - Town
12. Endark - Hero's Shade - Motivator - Town
13. Danielle (replaced XLAV) - Deku Scrub (converted from Nabooru) - Vanilla (converted from vote thief) - Town
14. Nympho/Yraelz - Majora's Mask - 1x permanent roleblocker - Mafia
15. ford_prefect (replcaing 9spaceking) - Aryll - Lender - Town
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 10:09:16 AM
Role PMs
Town
Player: Danielle
Character: Impa
Role: Bodyguard - Each night you may select another player. If that player is targeted by a lethal action you have a 50% chance of stopping it and a 50% chance of redirecting it to yourself.
"I am Impa of the Sheikahs. I am responsible for protecting Princess Zelda." - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Affiliation: You win with the Town. The Town wins when it eliminates all opposing factions.

Player: 9spaceking
Character: Aryll
Role: Lender - Each night you may target another player. They will receive your telescope for one night, giving them a 1x ability to track (learn who a player targeted that night) or watch (learn who targeted a player that night) another player the following night. Once that night is over, the telescope will be returned to you and can be lent to another person.
"I'm going to give you my most treasured belonging...but just for one day!" - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Affiliation: You win with the Town. The Town wins when it eliminates all opposing factions.

Player: EndarkenedRationalist
Character: Hero"s Shade
Role: Motivator - Each night you may target another player. That player may perform an additional action the following night above and beyond what they normally would be able to do.
"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage." - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Player: Maikuru
Character: Princess Zelda
Role: Dreamer - Each night, provided you are not visited by another player, you will receive either:
A) a dream of a person who wins with the Town;
or
B) a dream of three people, at least one of which doesn"t win with the Town.
"I had a dream... In the dream, dark storm clouds were billowing over the land of Hyrule... But suddenly, a ray of light shot out of the forest, parted the clouds and lit up the ground." - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Player: F-16 Fighting Falcon
Character: Link
Role: Hated - You take one less vote to lynch than normal.
"Well excuuuuuuse me, princess!" - The Legend of Zelda (television series)
(converted to mafia NP1)

Player: Wylted (2)
Character: Midna
Role: Miller - You appear as if you were sided with the Mafia to investigative roles.
"Do you now understand what I am? I'm a descendant of the tribe that was banished to the Twilight Realm!" - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Player: Wylted
Character: Talon
Role: Doctor - Each night you may select another player. That player will be protected from lethal actions.
"I'm proud to present to you a sample of our very own Lon Lon Milk. You'll be energized the moment you drink it!" - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Player: Hatstand
Character: Saria
Role: Mod confirmed - During any day phase after Day 2, you may choose to play your song, revealing your role and affiliation publicly in the day phase.
"That melody?! Saria plays that song all the time! " - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Player: ford_prefect
Character: Running Man
Role: 2x Commuter - You cannot be targeted at night.
"I'm the wandering running man! I've run all over this land in search of true competitive spirit. I beat all my challengers, man and beast." - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Player: Rev
Character: Medigoron
Role: Vanilla - You have no abilities.
"My brother is a world-famous bladesmith. I have a long way to go before I'll be able to forge weapons as sturdy as the ones he makes." - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Player: XLAV
Character: Nabooru
Role: Vote thief - Each night you may target another player and force them to vote a second player of your choosing during the next Day Phase.
"I'm Nabooru of the Gerudo. I'm a lone wolf thief. But don't get me wrong! Though we're both thieves, I'm completely different from Ganondorf." - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

(New role PM:
Player: Danielle
Character: Deku Scrub
Role: Vanilla - You have no abilities.
"I surrender!" - The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Affiliation: You win with the Town. The Town wins when it eliminates all opposing factions.)
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 10:12:39 AM
Mafia
Player: Yama
Character: Demise
Role: Strongman - Each night you may target another player to die, bypassing any protective abilities.
"When I last walked this world, they did little more than scream and cling to their goddess, mewling and praying..." - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Affiliation: You win with the Mafia. The Mafia wins when it eliminates all opposing factions, or when nothing can prevent that from happening.

Player: Khaos_mage
Character: Ganon
Role: Recruiter - During any one night phase, you may target another player. That player will become aligned with the mafia, and will join the Mafia PM. If that player fails to be recruited, they will die.
"Join me, Link, and I will make your face the greatest in Koridai... or else you will die!" - The Legend of Zelda: The Faces of Evil
Affiliation: You win with the Mafia. The Mafia wins when it eliminates all opposing factions, or when nothing can prevent that from happening.

Player: Nympho/Yraelz
Character: Majora's Mask
Role: 1x permanent role blocker - During any night phase, you may target another player. That player will have their role changed to "Deku Scrub", a vanilla, powerless role.
"The mask that was stolen from me" It is said that an evil and wicked power is bestowed upon the one who wears that mask." - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Third-party
Player: johnnyboy54
Character: Vaati
Role: JOAT - You have the following 1x powers:
Roleblocker - You may choose another player. That player will be unable to take any action.
Nightkill - You may target another player to be killed. I am a sorcerer now, and my power is beyond compare!" - The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Affiliation: You are the third-party survivor. You win if you survive to end of the game.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 10:38:00 AM
At 1/3/2015 10:19:32 AM, RevNge wrote:
And Dani, why did you lynch Endark? T_T

Endark said he motivated XLAV (who I replaced). I asked the mod what night actions had been performed on XLAV. He mentioned XLAV's conversion to being vanilla. I specifically asked if anything else had happened to XLAV (such as being motivated) and the mod told me no. That meant Endark was lying. If Endark didn't lie, then the mod lied to me and this is an illegitimate win.
President of DDO
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 10:44:38 AM
Night actions can be found here:
http://www.debate.org...

Mafia MVP
KhaosMage - Maybe the best mafia performance I've ever seen. Claimed a very weak vanilla character and not only managed to survive the death of all of his scumminess, but also led the team to victory and deceived town into lynching much more credible players. This is well-deserved.

Town MVP
Maikuru - This also goes without saying. I've never seen a dreamer play as well and survive as long as he did.

WTF Moment of the Game
ford's NP1 - I honestly couldn't find much worthy of this title in the game, but this is about as close as it gets. IMO, a commuter is like a Survivor hidden immunity idol - it's a a role that should be used immediately if there's even a hint of danger. If ford uses this role, I don't think mafia gets close to winning this one.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 10:45:04 AM
At 1/3/2015 10:38:00 AM, Danielle wrote:

Endark said he motivated XLAV (who I replaced). I asked the mod what night actions had been performed on XLAV. He mentioned XLAV's conversion to being vanilla. I specifically asked if anything else had happened to XLAV (such as being motivated) and the mod told me no. That meant Endark was lying. If Endark didn't lie, then the mod lied to me and this is an illegitimate win.

Smh. If Endark was lying to avoid being lynched, he should have come clean in the late game. I mean, it was DP8. >.>
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 10:45:35 AM

That was a problem with your question - a vanilla can't be motivated. Endure did indeed target XLAV, but he didn't perform an action.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 10:46:07 AM
At 1/3/2015 10:45:35 AM, TN05 wrote:

That was a problem with your question - a vanilla can't be motivated. Endure did indeed target XLAV, but he didn't perform an action.

Dafuq? XD
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 10:47:49 AM

My exact wording was - Can you tell me what actions have happened to XLAV on which night phases plz. I didn't ask for which actions XLAV performed. I asked for what actions HAPPENED to him.
President of DDO
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 10:49:21 AM
At 1/3/2015 10:47:49 AM, Danielle wrote:

My exact wording was - Can you tell me what actions have happened to XLAV on which night phases plz. I didn't ask for which actions XLAV performed. I asked for what actions HAPPENED to him.

And the only action that actually happened (affected) him was being tree stumped.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 10:49:30 AM
Sorry but the mafia did not win. The mod completely botched the game.

He told me "NP2 XLAV was transformed into Deku Scrub, where he had original been Nabooru, the vote theif." Here XLAV didn't perform any action and yet he told me that action had been performed *on* XLAV. The mod completely failed to tell me that Endark had motivated XLAV even after I specifically asked.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 10:51:27 AM
At 1/3/2015 10:49:21 AM, TN05 wrote:
And the only action that actually happened (affected) him was being tree stumped.

Okay, so if I was Bulletproof and someone shot at me but I didn't die, you would say that nothing happened to me during the night? That's bastard modding but whatever. It's just a game. Everyone knows this is semantics and the mafia played like sh!t and didn't win :)
President of DDO
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 10:52:05 AM
At 1/3/2015 10:51:27 AM, Danielle wrote:
Everyone knows this is semantics and the mafia played like sh!t and didn't win :)

XD
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:02:00 AM
At 1/3/2015 10:51:27 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 1/3/2015 10:49:21 AM, TN05 wrote:

Okay, so if I was Bulletproof and someone shot at me but I didn't die, you would say that nothing happened to me during the night? That's bastard modding but whatever. It's just a game. Everyone knows this is semantics and the mafia played like sh!t and didn't win :)

I wouldn't tell you that you were shot, no. An investigative result (ie. Tracker) would see you had been targeted.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:30:38 AM
Mmk. That's a modding preference that varies by game I guess. GG Khaos (not mafia... the mafia sucked). Khaos you just proved why I consistently refer to you as one of the best mafia players (not to be confused with Mafia players lol) in the game. Great job!
President of DDO
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 12:01:07 PM
At 1/3/2015 10:49:30 AM, Danielle wrote:
Sorry but the mafia did not win. The mod completely botched the game.

He told me "NP2 XLAV was transformed into Deku Scrub, where he had original been Nabooru, the vote theif." Here XLAV didn't perform any action and yet he told me that action had been performed *on* XLAV. The mod completely failed to tell me that Endark had motivated XLAV even after I specifically asked.

The game was botched as soon as Wylted was allowed to replace in. I'm just glad we got to benefit from an error too.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 12:04:00 PM
Usually I'd enter into a flamewar at someone saying I suck but... I genuinely don't care today.

Flies off to another adventure.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 12:04:39 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:38:16 AM, XLAV wrote:
Dammit, I knew I should have replaced back in...

Obviously I would have lynched Khaos if I had known the mod wouldn't reveal if someone targeted me. I should have asked. A lot of mods will tell a Bulletproof (for example) that they were shot at during the night even if they do not die. While it doesn't make sense to tell someone every action that has been performed on them (like you wouldn't tell someone they were tracked or watched for example) you often tell someone when they are role blocked or otherwise the target of an action, depending on the role in question. IMO the mod absolutely should have told the vanilla "You have been motivated" even if motivating them did not give them any extra abilities but simply enhanded their vanilla-ness. I disagree with this mod choice but it's the mod's choice, so.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 12:05:10 PM
At 1/3/2015 12:01:07 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
The game was botched as soon as Wylted was allowed to replace in. I'm just glad we got to benefit from an error too.

That's a good point. Wylted should have been able to replace in but not say what he did. Fair is fair.
President of DDO
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 12:10:44 PM
At 1/3/2015 10:47:49 AM, Danielle wrote:

XLAV was never informed of being motivated, because when he was motivated, he was vanilla.
I, too, was never told I was motivated NP1.

By your logic and question, TN05 should have told you you had been watched (assuming you had been).
XLAV already stated in the DP that the mod said that he was not informed of being motivated.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 12:37:40 PM
If it makes anybody feel any better, I would have lynched Khaos had Danielle come back DP7 or had I replaced in lol
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 12:40:07 PM
Good game to Danielle, Khaos, Wylted, and a few others (sorry, there are a lot of players and my memory is failing me). I thought it was a fun theme. I also think TN did a great job of answering questions quickly and coming up with cool quotes. I could talk about balance but I think both sides suffered from different things. Overall, it was fun!
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 12:43:20 PM
WOW, this game sucked :(

The three players I wanted to play essentially never showed, I was stuck in a PM with FT, I wanted to NK Maikuru NP1 but was overruled, I caved into FT's whining about recruiting F-16 (I just wanted to kill him), and, the worst thing, NP2 I mismatched ford's and Number's roles with their characters (or what I percieved them to be) and thus, NK'd Number instead of ford by complete accident.

I wasn't far off, I thought Number was popular....

I do not think this game was balanced, but it's been worse.
There was too much cross confirmations, and DP2, there could have been two confrimed townies and a broken doc/bodyguard combo.

The 1x could have been motivated, but that required us to NOT use our roles NP1, and when we were outnumbered 3:12, we couldn't wait.

My biggest beef was the two mod errors: replacing Wylted in when mafia was playing at 50% power was totally unfair, ESPECIALLY given the circumstances that Yama (who misunderstood my medium claim) could be CC'd by him. The other was the watcher's report.

The only thing I take solace in was that I manipulated Maikuru DP1 so hardcore. LOL
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 1:40:08 PM
I'd be lying if I said this went the way I wanted it. If anyone does have specific balance complaints please say them. I purposely had fewer active roles in this but I think town should have had a few more power roles. For the most part mafia and TP seemed alright. That being said I think this wasn't extremely unbalanced - town had three mislynches and a VTNL and had every shot to win.

I also need to straighten out my night action ideas. In this game I only informed people when they were successfully acted upon... Maybe I need to alter that. I did like using the role template I did - the quotes seemed to be a great element that required people to think.

Also, I did NOT give mafia any fake claims. I normally do that, but there are so many characters in Zelda (as well as the possibility of there being multiple characters of the same name) that made a fake claim uneccesary.