Jump to topic:

Bartimaeus DP2

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 10:24:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Welcome everyone to DP2, please remember to unvote before you cast your new vote. It will help me in keeping vote counts. Good luck!

Graveyard:

Dani/FT- ????-????

Living Players:

1. Ford_Prefect
2. RevNge
3. Medic0506
4. XLAV
5. Headphonegut
6. YamaVonKarma
7. numberwang
8. Beginner (needs replacement)
9. bsh1
10. 1harderthanyouthink
11. khaosmage
12. raisor
13. EndarkenedRationalist

With 13 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch. Day Phase 2 will be 72 Hours.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 10:53:49 PM
VTL khaos

I gotta check something, I need a claim or a partial claim from you asap.

FT/dani seems an odd choice to me, but I didn't too thoroughly read the last 100 or so posts of the last dp since I've been kinda busy.

Also not too excited about the janitor-type role that mafia appear to have. Hopefully its 1 shot or otherwise limited.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 10:57:22 PM
At 1/19/2015 10:53:49 PM, numberwang wrote:
VTL khaos

You need nothing from me.

Further, all those people who wanted soft claims, did you ever think that is exactly what mafia wanted?
Did you see "resiliant" in the OP DP1? Clearly mafia is different races, and some of those races can't kill others.

FT/dani seems an odd choice to me, but I didn't too thoroughly read the last 100 or so posts of the last dp since I've been kinda busy.
If town, FT does pose a threat, even if he is arrogant and was scum read.

Also not too excited about the janitor-type role that mafia appear to have. Hopefully its 1 shot or otherwise limited.
They are usually 1x, but....it could be a mechanic of the game as well.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 11:42:03 PM
At 1/19/2015 10:57:22 PM, KhaosMage wrote:
Further, all those people who wanted soft claims, did you ever think that is exactly what mafia wanted?
Did you see "resiliant" in the OP DP1? Clearly mafia is different races, and some of those races can't kill others.

This is... wrong. Unless TUF took some huge liberties with the source material, having magical resilience doesn't mean you can't be killed by a magician or a demon, it just means its harder.

I'm town reading those who cooperated yesterday. Today it's too late to get town credit, since the scum team now has FT's flip to use as a fake claim.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 1:14:50 AM
At 1/19/2015 11:42:03 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

This is... wrong. Unless TUF took some huge liberties with the source material, having magical resilience doesn't mean you can't be killed by a magician or a demon, it just means its harder.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm town reading those who cooperated yesterday. Today it's too late to get town credit, since the scum team now has FT's flip to use as a fake claim.

Maybe and maybe not, the only janitor type mafia roles I've seen on forums don't give maf any information, they just hide the information from everybody. But if they don't have his information, that would be very unfortunate.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 1:20:21 AM
At 1/19/2015 10:53:49 PM, numberwang wrote:
VTL khaos

You need nothing from me.

I need at least a partial claim from you, but I would prefer a full one. It would help to prove your claim.

Are you saying the mafia want to soft claim?

What ford said, resilience didn't make anyone completely immune to anything. It might make sense for someone who is resilient to be aesthetic or something, but they wouldn't be unkillable solely for that reason, if this is true to the books.

If town, FT does pose a threat, even if he is arrogant and was scum read.

They are usually 1x, but....it could be a mechanic of the game as well.

I was wondering that myself.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 7:03:54 AM
Let's mass character claim?

Further, this is from the OP:
Marid- The highest level demon that can usually be summoned by magicians. The structure, energy, and matter of perfection that is required to summon them makes them extremely dangerous, and therefor rare.

Afrit- A higher level entity, more commonly summoned, though only slightly less dangerous to summon.

Djinn(i)- Most common demons summoned. Most ministers have at least one or two of these as slaves. Djinn are intelligent, smart, powerful, and moderately easier to summon.

Foliot- A lower lever demon, commonly used by mediocre magicians for medial tasks.
Imp- The lowest level of demon, barely good for fighting or intelligence. Most imps are used for surveillance, or are confined into magical items (such as scrying glasses or Mouler"s).

Resilience- Magical harm isn't as effective to commoners with resilience.

------------------------
Why is there this information?
Because it helps mafia figure out who has what role.

Further, especially, look at resilience. What function does that have in this game?

FT said Raisor was scum, so let's just vote him and/or do a mass claim.
I'll be claiming last, since my character should not influence anyone, and if mafia know why I am miller, that might help them avoid bad claims.

So, again, either:
Vote to lynch me or move on and try to find scum.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 7:09:20 AM
Ok I typed most of this after end of DP1 to post DP2...

My DP1 should reflect just my inactivity. I checked in early on and saw very little to react to. I posted in response to someone asking about my meta as a way of adding SOMETHING and to get ahead of weird behavioral reads on me. I"ve been told I come off as scummy, so since I"m a relatively fresh face I wanted to head that off. Apparently I only made real my fears haha

The bulk of the DP"s posts were made Sunday, I has stuff going on so couldn"t post. Sometihng like " of the posts came in Sunday, so it isn"t all that crazy that I didn"t react to most of the DP.

Anyways, that"s the defense of my past activity. I read the whole DP1, I can kick off this DP with reads.

I was going to ask FT why he town-read HPG, seeing as HPG has literally 1 post DP1. There seemed like no way FT could have gotten a read off of that. But FT is dead now.

If no one has any important night action results, I want Beginner to full claim.

VTL Beginner

I got massive scum vibes from him DP1. He seemed over-eager in pushing for a mass cc, ignoring and belittling legitimate concerns with that plan. Then he went and outed his character when no one was asking for it- this makes no sense if he wants scum to mess up in their cc. If he was town then offering up an unneeded cc undermines his goal in pushing for mass cc.

I agree with the assessment of (I think it was) medic who said that Beginner posted massive fluff by making multiple posts railing against inactives. His post about someone needing to "post or die" seemed like melodrama and posturing.

We should pressure suspicious people for claims this DP and Beginner is the best person to pressure.

I won't be on in any substantial way until maybe 7 pm tonight, though I might briefly check in during the day.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 7:10:38 AM
At 1/20/2015 7:03:54 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
Let's mass character claim?

Further, this is from the OP:
Marid- The highest level demon that can usually be summoned by magicians. The structure, energy, and matter of perfection that is required to summon them makes them extremely dangerous, and therefor rare.

Afrit- A higher level entity, more commonly summoned, though only slightly less dangerous to summon.

Djinn(i)- Most common demons summoned. Most ministers have at least one or two of these as slaves. Djinn are intelligent, smart, powerful, and moderately easier to summon.

Foliot- A lower lever demon, commonly used by mediocre magicians for medial tasks.
Imp- The lowest level of demon, barely good for fighting or intelligence. Most imps are used for surveillance, or are confined into magical items (such as scrying glasses or Mouler"s).

Resilience- Magical harm isn't as effective to commoners with resilience.

------------------------
Why is there this information?
Because it helps mafia figure out who has what role.

Further, especially, look at resilience. What function does that have in this game?

FT said Raisor was scum, so let's just vote him and/or do a mass claim.
I'll be claiming last, since my character should not influence anyone, and if mafia know why I am miller, that might help them avoid bad claims.

So, again, either:
Vote to lynch me or move on and try to find scum.

I will not be claiming until after Beginner full claims.

^dangerous words, I know, since I won't be around to defend them...
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 7:15:55 AM
At 1/20/2015 7:09:20 AM, Raisor wrote:

I was going to ask FT why he town-read HPG, seeing as HPG has literally 1 post DP1. There seemed like no way FT could have gotten a read off of that. But FT is dead now.
Its because HPG's only post was him not jumping on FT's bandwaggon. He could have, but he didn't. Instead he voted for Yama (I think).
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 7:27:47 AM
To be forced to watch "Swans of Araby"

Khaos-1/7- Numberwang
XLAV-1/7- XLAV
beginner-1/7-Raisor
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 7:28:22 AM
To be forced to watch "Swans of Araby"

Khaos-1/7- Numberwang
XLAV-1/7- Ford
beginner-1/7-Raisor

Fixed*
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 7:59:33 AM
At 1/20/2015 7:35:29 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
My vote stays on Raisor.
Plus, Beginner needs to be replaced as he is gone or banned.

You don't have a vote on Raisor, and why do you say that about Beginner??
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 8:01:16 AM
At 1/20/2015 7:59:33 AM, medic0506 wrote:
My vote stays on Raisor.

Nvm, I see why now.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 12:08:45 PM
My vote stays on Raisor.

Ssssshhhhhhhh.

VTL Raisor
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 1:49:45 PM
At 1/20/2015 12:08:45 PM, KhaosMage wrote:
My vote stays on Raisor.

Ssssshhhhhhhh.

VTL Raisor

I'm more worried about Number right now, as I can see a lot of scum motivation in his trying to get you to claim your character, instead of you using it to try and get a CC on a fake claim.

VTL Number
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 2:03:23 PM
At 1/20/2015 1:49:45 PM, medic0506 wrote:
My vote stays on Raisor.

Ssssshhhhhhhh.

VTL Raisor

I'm more worried about Number right now, as I can see a lot of scum motivation in his trying to get you to claim your character, instead of you using it to try and get a CC on a fake claim.

VTL Number

Do you think we should mass claim?
I do, ESPECIALLY with the janitor.

Also, regarding Number, meh. Difference of opinion is not scummy, and bsh1, ford, and Number have all wanted my character/soft claim. Probably more than just them.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 2:14:12 PM
At 1/20/2015 2:03:23 PM, KhaosMage wrote:
My vote stays on Raisor.

Ssssshhhhhhhh.

VTL Raisor

VTL Number

Do you think we should mass claim?
I do, ESPECIALLY with the janitor.

I don't see any harm in it but we never seem to be able to get everyone on board with it. Seems like the janitor would be 1x anyway so the damage is done. Any more than 1x seems too OP.

Also, regarding Number, meh. Difference of opinion is not scummy, and bsh1, ford, and Number have all wanted my character/soft claim. Probably more than just them.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 2:22:51 PM
My vote stays on Raisor.

Ssssshhhhhhhh.

VTL Raisor

VTL Number

So you don't think I'm trying to get a claim from him because I can verify it as being honest or not, and based on that, can help to verify whether or not he is miller or scum? Khaos claims miller all the time, last time I played with him he claimed miller as scum. We should be trying harder to get a claim since he is more likely bsing than anyone else making a miller claim.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 3:17:06 PM
Claims List (in order):

Khaos: Miller
Ford: Commoner (later specified male)
Rev: Female Magician, Vanilla
Beginner: Sholto Pinn
Yama: Demon (later specified male)
Bsh: Magician
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 3:20:44 PM
Rev, I have a few questions I'd like to ask you.

Have you read these books?

In your interaction with Endark on DP1, you heavily implied that you were Vanilla. Are you?
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 3:31:17 PM
I don't know how much we should read into the definition of resilience as given by TUF in the OP. TUF provided us the definitions for five types of demons and the idea of resilience. Here's the thing, though: Of all the possible demon characters in the game, all but 3 are djinn. There's one afrit (Shubit), one higher power (Ramuthra), and one foliot (Simpkin). Every other demon on the list is a djinn. The Golem isn't exactly classified as a demon. So why does he provide us with the definitions for marids and imps if there aren't any in the game? I think it's possible that resilience plays a role in this game, but I don't think it's as huge as Khaos is making it out to be. Definitely not as important as saying that certain players can't kill others simply because of the race of their character. Therefore, I do not believe there was good reason to oppose a mass soft claiming yesterday.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 3:43:13 PM
If we lynch Rev for inactivity in all these games, he has to be scum in at least one of them.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW