Beginners' Mafia 34.3: DP4

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 11:27:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Yama - You are GARAK. You may just be a "simple tailor" on the surface, but you were once an influential member of the Obsidian Order. You delighted in torturing your victims for information, the constant mindgames and backstabbing of your organization, and the thrill of the hunt. A trained spy, interrogator, and assassin, few people could ever get in your way. Because of that, you must be the 3-shot STRONGMAN. Three times per game, if you carry out the mafia NK, you may bypass all protective roles that would otherwise hinder your kill's success. You win with the mafia.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Harder - You are BEVERLY CRUSHER. You are a kind person, a fierce idealist, and an excellent doctor. Thus, you are the DOCTOR. Each night, you may select another player and protect them from lethal actions. You may not self-target. You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD

Wylted - Framer - Mafia
Ore - Cult Leader - Cult
Esocial - Cultist - Cult
Yama - Strongman - Mafia
Harder - Doctor - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

XLAV
Nivek
That1User
Khaos
Subutai
HPG
Medic
Ashkan
Rev

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP will end at 11:00pm, DDO time, on 1/22/15.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 12:43:20 AM
Garak (Yama) is yet another new generation character. I suggest we try my theory and lynch Sub, since his claim of Bones McCoy doesn't fit with the cast of characters that we have, and he has no justification for why he would be included.

VTL Sub
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 1:27:04 AM
VOTE COUNT

Sub (1/5) - Medic
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 3:49:42 AM
At 1/21/2015 12:43:20 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Garak (Yama) is yet another new generation character. I suggest we try my theory and lynch Sub, since his claim of Bones McCoy doesn't fit with the cast of characters that we have, and he has no justification for why he would be included.

VTL Sub

dat game break

VTL sub
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Nivek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 4:39:17 AM
I'M HERE!!!!!! I'M ALIVE.....sorry for not checking in for a week guys. I hope i didn't sink anyone's boat during my departure. This will be my last game, since I often leave things in suspense.
Nivek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 4:45:23 AM
Should I claim right away since this is late into the game??Uhmm.. I think I'll read previous DPs first before claiming since I have absolutely no clue as to where this is going.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 7:19:02 AM
At 1/21/2015 4:45:23 AM, Nivek wrote:
Should I claim right away since this is late into the game??Uhmm.. I think I'll read previous DPs first before claiming since I have absolutely no clue as to where this is going.

Yes, claim right away. Full claim.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 7:27:56 AM

VTL Sub

That would mean he is Godfather. Do you thing that is the case?
Plus, I town read him earlier behaviorally.

Also, XLAV is from Deep Space 9. So, there'd be two scum left, with a cult.
I don't think so.

The odd man out seems to be XLAV's character. He is a child.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 8:39:39 AM
At 1/21/2015 7:27:56 AM, KhaosMage wrote:

VTL Sub

I don't think so.

So you'd rather lynch Xlav??
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 9:05:55 AM
medic has actual precedence for his reason to lynch. I'd rather stick with it.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 9:53:09 AM
At 1/21/2015 8:39:39 AM, medic0506 wrote:

VTL Sub

I don't think so.

Judging solely on theme, yes.
Behavior, not so sure. His annoyance is his hallmark town tell, but he hasn't been scum in so, so long, I don't know what he'd do as scum. Plus, it's not hard to be belligerent, uncooperative, and annoying as scum. (he did try to lynch hated DP1)

I'll wait to see Nivek's character, and if XLAV is still odd man out for being so young, and no other lynch, we can lynch him.

I'd rather lynch Rev. His inactivity has been too long; he should have been active by now as town.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 10:10:45 AM
At 1/21/2015 9:53:09 AM, KhaosMage wrote:

Ugggg...I just realized something. If Sub were scum, that would make 5 scum that were in on Wylted's lynch, assuming your sensor results are correct.

If there is a GF, would he or would he not, show up on your sensor results as scum??
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 10:41:58 AM
At 1/21/2015 4:39:17 AM, Nivek wrote:
I'M HERE!!!!!! I'M ALIVE.....sorry for not checking in for a week guys. I hope i didn't sink anyone's boat during my departure. This will be my last game, since I often leave things in suspense.

It...is...ALIVE.

You can read later but we need your claim asap. Everyone has claimed except you and we're waiting. At least give us your character.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 12:03:22 PM
Medic was on to something. These eight people were on Wylted's lynch: Subutai, Ore, Yama, Khaos, Harder, Esocial, Ash, Wylted. This means Khaos, Harder, Ash, and me are confirmed town.

The potential scum pool is: XLAV, Nivek, That1User, HPG, Medic, and Rev.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 12:08:40 PM
At 1/21/2015 10:10:45 AM, medic0506 wrote:

Ugggg...I just realized something. If Sub were scum, that would make 5 scum that were in on Wylted's lynch, assuming your sensor results are correct.

If there is a GF, would he or would he not, show up on your sensor results as scum??

He would not.
So, that means there is four scum total (unless Sub is the last scum), given a cult, the mafia must be small.
So, Sub could be scum, but your reasons necessitate XLAV is also scum, and I don't buy that. I also don't buy Sub as scum, either.
ashkan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 12:36:09 PM
At 1/21/2015 12:03:22 PM, Subutai wrote:
Medic was on to something. These eight people were on Wylted's lynch: Subutai, Ore, Yama, Khaos, Harder, Esocial, Ash, Wylted. This means Khaos, Harder, Ash, and me are confirmed town.

How are you confirmed?
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 1:41:50 PM
At 1/21/2015 8:39:39 AM, medic0506 wrote:

VTL Sub

I don't think so.

Judging solely on theme, yes.
Behavior, not so sure. His annoyance is his hallmark town tell, but he hasn't been scum in so, so long, I don't know what he'd do as scum. Plus, it's not hard to be belligerent, uncooperative, and annoying as scum. (he did try to lynch hated DP1)

I'll wait to see Nivek's character, and if XLAV is still odd man out for being so young, and no other lynch, we can lynch him.

I think you're looking at Xlav's character from the mirror universe. The real universe Nog is not a child, and owns a bar, thus Sub could be scum without her. Nog is from the new generation series anyway, so there is nothing that makes her character not fit in with the rest of the new gen cast....

http://en.memory-alpha.org...

I'd rather lynch Rev. His inactivity has been too long; he should have been active by now as town.

We're just shooting in the dark by lynching based on activity. I think we'd be remiss to just ignore the fact that Sub's character claim sticks out like a sore thumb, as not fitting in with the rest of the characters with no justification for why he would be included. With the lead we have, I think we should lynch him as a precautionary measure, and if I'm wrong then you guys can lynch me if you want.

I'm sure that Esocial prolly started as town backup but became a cult goon after being recruited. That would mean there were 4 scum in total to begin the game, which is exactly what I'd expect.

You say that he wouldn't show up on your results as scum, so that's all the more reason for a precautionary lynch.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 1:52:53 PM

Wrong. First, there is the possibility, and a high probability, that the last scum is Godfather, thus would probably not show up guilty on the sensor results. Which brings the discussion back around to who's claim looks like a fake claim, and that finger is still pointing at you.

Secondly, although likely town, Khaos and his results are not confirmed true, in any way. I'm not calling him scum, I'm simply saying that he is not confirmed, and thus no one else is confirmed via his results.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 1:54:06 PM
At 1/21/2015 12:36:09 PM, ashkan wrote:

How are you confirmed?

He isn't, nor is anyone else.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 3:34:20 PM
At 1/21/2015 1:52:53 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Wrong. First, there is the possibility, and a high probability, that the last scum is Godfather, thus would probably not show up guilty on the sensor results. Which brings the discussion back around to who's claim looks like a fake claim, and that finger is still pointing at you.

Secondly, although likely town, Khaos and his results are not confirmed true, in any way. I'm not calling him scum, I'm simply saying that he is not confirmed, and thus no one else is confirmed via his results.

Then apparently my knowledge of a sensor's powers is not good. I thought even a godfather would show up in a sensor's results. I don't know how to prove my claim in any way, unfortunately. My action is non-confirmable, and I didn't protect anyone from being recruited into the cult.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 6:05:09 PM
Medic, I don't know much about Star Trek, so I'll defer to you, but it appears Nog is in 46 episodes of DP9, appears as a child as pictured, and in zero of TNG.
So, if your theory of the them is correct, Sub AND XLAV are scum, and that's too many scum, especially with a cult recruiting townies.

Sub, you can prove yourself, assuming there is a watcher or other role that allows you can visit. If you can visit, then you are likely not GF, thus confirmed.

We are ahead, so let's lynch the least risky claim (how just so happens the 2nd to least active player)

VTL Rev

I want Nivek to claim before the end of the DP, or maybe we should lynch him.
ashkan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 6:17:11 PM
At 1/21/2015 4:45:23 AM, Nivek wrote:

Are you done reading? We need your claim.
Nivek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 6:18:48 PM
At 1/21/2015 6:17:11 PM, ashkan wrote:

Are you done reading? We need your claim.

I'm not done reading yet, I'll finish it in a few moments.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 6:23:21 PM
At 1/21/2015 6:17:20 PM, Nivek wrote:
Okay. Full claim it is then.

Character:SPOCK
Role:Cop

Results?
Nivek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 6:24:42 PM
At 1/21/2015 6:23:21 PM, Subutai wrote:

Results?

Innocent last night. I doubt that will help, assuming Godfather is immune to my inve.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 6:25:19 PM
At 1/21/2015 6:24:42 PM, Nivek wrote:
At 1/21/2015 6:23:21 PM, Subutai wrote:

Results?

Innocent last night. I doubt that will help, assuming Godfather is immune to my inve.

Who all have you copped?