Total Posts:76|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 34.3: DP5

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 12:02:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Rev - You are HARRY KIM. You are just kind of there--you never really do anything important, you're not charismatic, and you're certainly not an interesting personality. Because you're just so incredibly blah, you're the VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Nivek - You are SPOCK. Highly intelligent, logical to the last, you are an incredible first mate. Because you were able to uncover the true perpetrators behind the attack on the Klingon Chancellor's vessel through your solid detective work, you are the COP. You will learn if players win with the town (innocent) or not (guilty). You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD

Wylted - Framer - Mafia
Ore - Cult Leader - Cult
Esocial - Cultist - Cult
Yama - Strongman - Mafia
Harder - Doctor - Town
Rev - Vanilla - Town
Nivek - Cop - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

XLAV
User
Khaos
Subutai
HPG
Medic
Ashkan

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 11:30pm, DDO time, 1/26/15.


Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 12:03:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Nivek never did out who else he copped right?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Subutai
Posts: 3,187
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 12:06:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
With ashkan being the hated townie, and the ratio being likely 5-2, this is MYLO. I'm going to read over the DPs again to try to find a strong scum read, but I think we should VTNL.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
KhaosMage
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 12:08:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Everyone full claim, now!!!

Also, Sub, this is not MYLO, next DP would be, unless you think there are four mafia with a cult in a pool of 14 players.

If we mislynch today, we may consider no lynching next DP.
ashkan
Posts: 243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 12:13:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 12:03:36 AM, headphonegut wrote:
Nivek never did out who else he copped right?

He was only active for one NP and DP so he only coped me.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 12:24:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 12:08:59 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
Everyone full claim, now!!!

Also, Sub, this is not MYLO, next DP would be, unless you think there are four mafia with a cult in a pool of 14 players.

If we mislynch today, we may consider no lynching next DP.

did subutai claim? I wanna hear his claim.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
KhaosMage
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 12:26:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 12:24:32 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 1/25/2015 12:08:59 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
Everyone full claim, now!!!

Also, Sub, this is not MYLO, next DP would be, unless you think there are four mafia with a cult in a pool of 14 players.

If we mislynch today, we may consider no lynching next DP.

did subutai claim? I wanna hear his claim.
I thought he was pacifist.
Who was?
KhaosMage
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 12:27:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 12:26:39 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/25/2015 12:24:32 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 1/25/2015 12:08:59 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
Everyone full claim, now!!!

Also, Sub, this is not MYLO, next DP would be, unless you think there are four mafia with a cult in a pool of 14 players.

If we mislynch today, we may consider no lynching next DP.

did subutai claim? I wanna hear his claim.
I thought he was pacifist.
Who was?

Wrong thread....
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 12:27:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 12:26:39 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/25/2015 12:24:32 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 1/25/2015 12:08:59 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
Everyone full claim, now!!!

Also, Sub, this is not MYLO, next DP would be, unless you think there are four mafia with a cult in a pool of 14 players.

If we mislynch today, we may consider no lynching next DP.

did subutai claim? I wanna hear his claim.
I thought he was pacifist.
Who was?

was that tested?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 12:28:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 12:27:19 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/25/2015 12:26:39 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/25/2015 12:24:32 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 1/25/2015 12:08:59 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
Everyone full claim, now!!!

Also, Sub, this is not MYLO, next DP would be, unless you think there are four mafia with a cult in a pool of 14 players.

If we mislynch today, we may consider no lynching next DP.

did subutai claim? I wanna hear his claim.
I thought he was pacifist.
Who was?

Wrong thread....

oh
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Subutai
Posts: 3,187
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 9:49:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 12:08:59 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
Everyone full claim, now!!!

Also, Sub, this is not MYLO, next DP would be, unless you think there are four mafia with a cult in a pool of 14 players.

If we mislynch today, we may consider no lynching next DP.

So you think it's 6-1? Somehow 9-4-1 doesn't seem like a bad ratio to me. 10-3-1 seems a little lopsided in town's favor.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Subutai
Posts: 3,187
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 9:49:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Btw, I'm the alarmist. Useless role now.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Subutai
Posts: 3,187
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 9:51:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
XLAV- Nog- ???
That1User - Picard - 1x Motivator
Khaos - Guinan- 1x Sensor
Subutai - Leonard McCoy-Alarmist
HPG- Data- ???
Medic - James Kirk- Restless Spirit
Ashkan - Ro Laren - Hated

XLAV and HPG need to full claim now.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
XLAV
Posts: 13,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 9:56:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 9:51:12 AM, Subutai wrote:
XLAV- Nog- ???
That1User - Picard - 1x Motivator
Khaos - Guinan- 1x Sensor
Subutai - Leonard McCoy-Alarmist
HPG- Data- ???
Medic - James Kirk- Restless Spirit
Ashkan - Ro Laren - Hated

XLAV and HPG need to full claim now.

I already did, lol.
XLAV
Posts: 13,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 9:58:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 9:49:16 AM, Subutai wrote:
At 1/25/2015 12:08:59 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
Everyone full claim, now!!!

Also, Sub, this is not MYLO, next DP would be, unless you think there are four mafia with a cult in a pool of 14 players.

If we mislynch today, we may consider no lynching next DP.

So you think it's 6-1? Somehow 9-4-1 doesn't seem like a bad ratio to me. 10-3-1 seems a little lopsided in town's favor.
Remember the TP was a cult leader.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 11:22:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 12:28:12 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 1/25/2015 12:27:19 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/25/2015 12:26:39 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/25/2015 12:24:32 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 1/25/2015 12:08:59 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
Everyone full claim, now!!!

Also, Sub, this is not MYLO, next DP would be, unless you think there are four mafia with a cult in a pool of 14 players.

If we mislynch today, we may consider no lynching next DP.

did subutai claim? I wanna hear his claim.
I thought he was pacifist.
Who was?

Wrong thread....

oh

Role please. Everyone else has claimed.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 11:56:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 10:03:02 AM, XLAV wrote:
Either medic or Ashkan is scum.

Yeah yeah, it's becoming SOP for you to call me scum every game, so w/e.

Does the virgin role stop a NK if lynched?? I don't remember that role and had to look it up.

Can you explain why you think your role as virgin should be obvious to the rest of us?? Also, I'd like you to paraphrase your role pm because, frankly, I see nothing about your character that would justify the virgin role.
KhaosMage
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 2:41:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hmmm, there is no reason not to lynch today.
There is also no reason for XLAV to be lynched, as lynching virgin is essentially a no lynch. He's probably town.

Medic seems town, but his role claim seemed so late in the game, and after two or three scum were already dead, that, if scum, he needed a reason to stay alive at night. Claiming a captain is gutsy, but not if fake claims were offered. I did not like his theme analysis, either.

Ashkan is almost assuredly town, between the claim, the lack of NP1 NK, the sensor, and the cop result. With likely small numbers, mafia wouldn't have messed it up, although I don't know why they didn't send Yama in for the kill.

Sub, I had an early town read on, and unless he is godfather, he is town as far as I am concerned.

HPG CC'd Yama who was already half-caught by my sensor, whose strongman was no longer needed (as they knew who the cop was), and, I think, was the last to claim except for Nivek, who, given theme was likely not TNG, and this assumes no role cop or other informative role. His general absence and uncooperation is troubling, and he was scum doing the same stuff in the history game.

That1User, I honestly don't recall much from him, and his early claim was stupid, so the same logic applies to Medic. His role balance wise seems legit, but he waited until the night the doc died to use it, which gives him an excuse to be seen visiting him.

I don't care who we lynch among these three: That1user, HPG, or Medic, but this is my preferred order.

VTL That1user
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 3:32:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 2:41:40 PM, KhaosMage wrote:
Hmmm, there is no reason not to lynch today.
There is also no reason for XLAV to be lynched, as lynching virgin is essentially a no lynch. He's probably town.

Medic seems town, but his role claim seemed so late in the game, and after two or three scum were already dead, that, if scum, he needed a reason to stay alive at night. Claiming a captain is gutsy, but not if fake claims were offered. I did not like his theme analysis, either.

Ashkan is almost assuredly town, between the claim, the lack of NP1 NK, the sensor, and the cop result. With likely small numbers, mafia wouldn't have messed it up, although I don't know why they didn't send Yama in for the kill.

Sub, I had an early town read on, and unless he is godfather, he is town as far as I am concerned.

HPG CC'd Yama who was already half-caught by my sensor, whose strongman was no longer needed (as they knew who the cop was), and, I think, was the last to claim except for Nivek, who, given theme was likely not TNG, and this assumes no role cop or other informative role. His general absence and uncooperation is troubling, and he was scum doing the same stuff in the history game.

That1User, I honestly don't recall much from him, and his early claim was stupid, so the same logic applies to Medic. His role balance wise seems legit, but he waited until the night the doc died to use it, which gives him an excuse to be seen visiting him.

I don't care who we lynch among these three: That1user, HPG, or Medic, but this is my preferred order.

VTL That1user

Does the virgin role stop a NK if lynched?? I don't remember that role and had to look it up.
KhaosMage
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 3:41:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 3:32:46 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Does the virgin role stop a NK if lynched?? I don't remember that role and had to look it up.

Yes.
And, since Ash is town, we are looking at a lynch then no lynch anyway, (of which we might as well lynch XLAV), so him claiming virgin is stupid if scum.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 4:30:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 2:41:40 PM, KhaosMage wrote:
Hmmm, there is no reason not to lynch today.
There is also no reason for XLAV to be lynched, as lynching virgin is essentially a no lynch. He's probably town.

Medic seems town, but his role claim seemed so late in the game, and after two or three scum were already dead, that, if scum, he needed a reason to stay alive at night. Claiming a captain is gutsy, but not if fake claims were offered. I did not like his theme analysis, either.

Ashkan is almost assuredly town, between the claim, the lack of NP1 NK, the sensor, and the cop result. With likely small numbers, mafia wouldn't have messed it up, although I don't know why they didn't send Yama in for the kill.

Sub, I had an early town read on, and unless he is godfather, he is town as far as I am concerned.

HPG CC'd Yama who was already half-caught by my sensor, whose strongman was no longer needed (as they knew who the cop was), and, I think, was the last to claim except for Nivek, who, given theme was likely not TNG, and this assumes no role cop or other informative role. His general absence and uncooperation is troubling, and he was scum doing the same stuff in the history game.

That1User, I honestly don't recall much from him, and his early claim was stupid, so the same logic applies to Medic. His role balance wise seems legit, but he waited until the night the doc died to use it, which gives him an excuse to be seen visiting him.

I don't care who we lynch among these three: That1user, HPG, or Medic, but this is my preferred order.

VTL That1user

You actually think a new player would be gutsy enough to fake claim a captain's role in DP 1, or that I would be stupid enough to do so unless I had a useless role and wanted to draw the NK?? What about the fact that Picard (That1user) is mentioned in my role pm as being the one who rescued me from the Nexus. Picard makes sense as being in the game, for me, for that reason, and the fact that he claimed him DP1 makes him seem even more legit.

HPG cc'd Yama who flipped scum.

Your list of people you'd lynch makes no sense and I see no reason not to lynch Xlax or you today. Sensor is a good fake claim for mafia.
KhaosMage
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 4:38:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 4:30:29 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 1/25/2015 2:41:40 PM, KhaosMage wrote:
Hmmm, there is no reason not to lynch today.
There is also no reason for XLAV to be lynched, as lynching virgin is essentially a no lynch. He's probably town.

Medic seems town, but his role claim seemed so late in the game, and after two or three scum were already dead, that, if scum, he needed a reason to stay alive at night. Claiming a captain is gutsy, but not if fake claims were offered. I did not like his theme analysis, either.

Ashkan is almost assuredly town, between the claim, the lack of NP1 NK, the sensor, and the cop result. With likely small numbers, mafia wouldn't have messed it up, although I don't know why they didn't send Yama in for the kill.

Sub, I had an early town read on, and unless he is godfather, he is town as far as I am concerned.

HPG CC'd Yama who was already half-caught by my sensor, whose strongman was no longer needed (as they knew who the cop was), and, I think, was the last to claim except for Nivek, who, given theme was likely not TNG, and this assumes no role cop or other informative role. His general absence and uncooperation is troubling, and he was scum doing the same stuff in the history game.

That1User, I honestly don't recall much from him, and his early claim was stupid, so the same logic applies to Medic. His role balance wise seems legit, but he waited until the night the doc died to use it, which gives him an excuse to be seen visiting him.

I don't care who we lynch among these three: That1user, HPG, or Medic, but this is my preferred order.

VTL That1user

You actually think a new player would be gutsy enough to fake claim a captain's role in DP 1, or that I would be stupid enough to do so unless I had a useless role and wanted to draw the NK?? What about the fact that Picard (That1user) is mentioned in my role pm as being the one who rescued me from the Nexus. Picard makes sense as being in the game, for me, for that reason, and the fact that he claimed him DP1 makes him seem even more legit.

HPG cc'd Yama who flipped scum.

Your list of people you'd lynch makes no sense and I see no reason not to lynch Xlax or you today. Sensor is a good fake claim for mafia.

You assume the following:
1. That the mention of a character necessitates their existence in the game. By this logic, Picard is a scum claim, as him saving you from the Nexus would make him something other than a 1x motivator.
2. Mafia were not given fake claims.
3. Did you notice how you were last? I very much see how what you did was trying to draw the NK; however, from my POV, you are not cleared, unlike the others.
4. HPG CC'd character, when only one character remained unknown, and IIRC, you yourself found it to be too convenient. He did not full claim, and has yet to do so or be useful in general.
5. Yama and Wylted are not noobs, and Yama ought to know the beginner series enough.

Unless there is a godfather, there MUST be scum in you three plus XLAV.
KhaosMage
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 4:42:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Nivek - You are SPOCK. Highly intelligent, logical to the last, you are an incredible first mate. Because you were able to uncover the true perpetrators behind the attack on the Klingon Chancellor's vessel through your solid detective work, you are the COP. You will learn if players win with the town (innocent) or not (guilty). You win with the town.

Medic, by your logic, does this also not necessitate the Klingon Chancellor is in the game, which he is not.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 4:56:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 4:42:05 PM, KhaosMage wrote:
Nivek - You are SPOCK. Highly intelligent, logical to the last, you are an incredible first mate. Because you were able to uncover the true perpetrators behind the attack on the Klingon Chancellor's vessel through your solid detective work, you are the COP. You will learn if players win with the town (innocent) or not (guilty). You win with the town.

Medic, by your logic, does this also not necessitate the Klingon Chancellor is in the game, which he is not.

Apples and oranges. I admit that I could be wrong but I don't think he'd have claimed a captain's role on DP1, if he was faking it.
KhaosMage
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 7:56:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 4:56:06 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 1/25/2015 4:42:05 PM, KhaosMage wrote:
Nivek - You are SPOCK. Highly intelligent, logical to the last, you are an incredible first mate. Because you were able to uncover the true perpetrators behind the attack on the Klingon Chancellor's vessel through your solid detective work, you are the COP. You will learn if players win with the town (innocent) or not (guilty). You win with the town.

Medic, by your logic, does this also not necessitate the Klingon Chancellor is in the game, which he is not.

Apples and oranges. I admit that I could be wrong but I don't think he'd have claimed a captain's role on DP1, if he was faking it.

He could be trying to draw the NK as you did, if town. But, then he'd have used his 1x NP1, IMO.
Or, vying for town cred and/or trying to out a supposed power role.
Plus, if mafia were given fake claims, it's not him "faking" it.

And, just like with the theme, you are wrong.
My role mentions Q, but I doubt he is the last mafia.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 8:02:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/25/2015 7:56:17 PM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/25/2015 4:56:06 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 1/25/2015 4:42:05 PM, KhaosMage wrote:
Nivek - You are SPOCK. Highly intelligent, logical to the last, you are an incredible first mate. Because you were able to uncover the true perpetrators behind the attack on the Klingon Chancellor's vessel through your solid detective work, you are the COP. You will learn if players win with the town (innocent) or not (guilty). You win with the town.

Medic, by your logic, does this also not necessitate the Klingon Chancellor is in the game, which he is not.

Apples and oranges. I admit that I could be wrong but I don't think he'd have claimed a captain's role on DP1, if he was faking it.

He could be trying to draw the NK as you did, if town. But, then he'd have used his 1x NP1, IMO.
Or, vying for town cred and/or trying to out a supposed power role.
Plus, if mafia were given fake claims, it's not him "faking" it.

And, just like with the theme, you are wrong.
My role mentions Q, but I doubt he is the last mafia.

I'll wait for others to weigh in before making a decision. I think you're wrong and 2 of the 3 you want to lynch are major characters, the other cc'd scum, though I agree with you that it could have been a scum gambit. I still think we should lynch Xlax.